Future York Weddings

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
I think it would be unfair to force them to have a very small wedding, or guilt them into doing it. It don't think it should be the state occasion of W & C, but they should be able to have whatever private ceremony that their family chooses to pay for personally.

Princess Beatrice and Princess Eugenie both deserve the wedding they want.

The "public" should not demand or play any part in their decision.

The tabloid media should not stir up the "public" with their bullying of the York family.

Well they have been doing what they what up till now so I don't see them changing now.

Sent from my iPhone using The Royals Community

I would expect a very small, private wedding if either of the girls marry. It could seem insensitive to the public if it was a more extravagant affair, particularly as neither of the girls are working royals.

I expect it will be something similar to Peter and Zara's weddings. Church wedding and then a great party afterwards with plenty of family and friends. Hope that they will wear Sarah's beautiful tiara and that it remains a York family piece for many years.

The tabloid media should not stir up the "public" with their bullying of the York family.

I completely, 100% agree! With every word.

They are born Royal princesses and grand-daughters of the monarch. If the girls want to pull out the stops and their parents can afford to do so, they have a right to that.

You needn't worry. The Yorks seem to be a tenacious bunch. If either of their daughters wants a lavish wedding, then by land or sea(yacht), they will have a wedding that will rival Vanisha Mittal and Amit Bhatia's decadent display.

Neither woman seems to be as highfalutin as her parents, though. So I think the glamour addicts on this site will have to settle for a Phillips-esque wedding, with a one-off designer gown. The real interest should come from reports of the wedding reception. I bet they'll have some zany entertainment.

Not sure if it was said or not but the tiara she wore wasa loaner from a friend soi doubt it will be a York family item for years to come.

:previous: Not so Duke, I'm afraid. The wedding tiara was selected by Sarah herself and purchased from Garrards, the then 'royal jewellers,' by the Queen.

:previous: Not so Duke, I'm afraid. The wedding tiara was selected by Sarah herself and purchased from Garrards, the then 'royal jewellers,' by the Queen.

This is my understanding too. I would imagine both of the girls will wear the family tiara for their weddings and also be available for Sarah's granddaughters should they wish to wear it.

:previous:

I don’t think they’ll wear the same wedding tiara. Even non-HRHs ,Autumn and Zara, Serena Linley and Sarah Chatto, used different wedding tiaras. I think Beatrice will wear her mother’s tiara, as she will probably inherit it. Eugenie will probably get a one-day loan tiara from The Queen. Eugenie seems a little edgy so I could see her going for a bandeau. If the Strathmore Rose Tiara isn’t in too fragile condition, she could wear it in a bandeau style like the QEQM did. She looks a lot like a young QEQM, too.

I think their wedding venues will be different, too. I predict Beatrice will go for a larger, high-profile wedding at either Westminster Abbey or York Minster. I think Eugenie will either choose St. George’s Chapel with a reception at Royal Lodge, or an intimate wedding at Chapels Royal with a much larger reception at Buckingham Palace.

Last edited:
The Queen has to approve the use of somewhere such as Westminster and I don't think she will do so.

I would imagine both will marry at St George's with limited press coverage, no TV or anything like that.

The days of the big weddings for the minor royals are gone the UK. Even the youngest child of the monarch couldn't get the big wedding so why expect that for the grandchildren who are simply loathed by the public.

I don't even thing Harry would get the big wedding now that George and Charlotte are here - if he marries while the Queen is alive. Different if he is the son of the monarch but even then he will still probably only get St George's but with the full TV coverage.

The York girls I think are more understanding of their position than Andrew - particularly Eugenie who would, I suspect, prefer to have an even lower key wedding than either Peter's or Zara's.

The fact that now neither of them need the Queen's permission I can even see Eugenie suddenly announcing that she is married - no announcement of an engagement.

Given Sarah's self-admitted obsession with Queen Victoria, I really feel she'll want one of her daughters married at Chapels Royal. :lol:

loathed by the public.

I have a wide acquaintance but hear no evidence for this sweeping statement.. mistakenly you seem to swallow the Daily Fail's line wholesale...

I can't see either of the York princesses wanting, or getting, Westminster Abbey. The expenses alone, especially for security, would be astronomical, considering that many of the BRF would be guests.

Whoever marries first will, IMHO, probably wed at St George's Chapel Windsor, but I doubt there would be full TV coverage. If Eugenie marries after her sister I can imagine her going for a low key wedding on one of the estates, Sandringham in the autumn or Balmoral in the summer. I don't think either girl will get full TV coverage for their weddings. They are minor royals, Andrew's influence within the family is fading and they are just not popular enough with the British public, for various reasons.

Why would George and Charlotte's existence impact on Harry's wedding? He is the last senior Royal of his generation to marry and is very popular with the British public. If he and his wife wanted to, and that's debatable, he could marry at Westminster Abbey, with George as pageboy and Charlotte, if she's old enough, as bridesmaid. If the couple choose St George's instead, that will be their choice.

There would have been high security costs for Zara to marry at Canongate Kirk church in Edinburgh but The Queen didn’t say “No Zara, you must marry at St. George’s!”, and Beatrice is much higher in-line. If she wanted a non-televised wedding at Westminster or York Minster, I think The Queen would say yes, provided they could work out a method that would have minimum traffic disruptions to the rest of the city. Obviously cars would be used instead of carriages.

:previous:I meant the costs would be astronomical covering a wedding at Westminster Abbey in Central London for a huge number of guests, some high profile and some Royal. Canongate Kirk isn't in London and St George's isn't in the middle of the capital, and neither are the size of the Abbey, which would have course have to be kept under surveillance inside and out prior to the wedding.

I don't the security cost for Zara's wedding was that high. The reception and royals stayed at the Palace of Holyrood. The palace would already had police protection just like Windsor Castle is protected. The church and the short route from the palace would just need protection. We have seen basically all the royals at wedding at other locations from St George's chapel and Westminster Abbey- Sarah Armstrong Jones and Viscount Linley's weddings were 2 examples of this.

Windsor or York Minster for Beatrice, I think. York Minster would be a very fitting place for York Royal Wedding, IMO.

Traditionally the wedding is held at the bride's church.

Harry might be 'popular' but he is also 5th in line and if William and Catherine have another child, he is 6th

Beatrice and Eugenie are granddaughters of the monarch.

William had the big wedding.
Harry will probably have a small wedding. He might just get married in a civil ceremony or a church in a small village. He might elope while in Africa.

I very much doubt the Queen will 'force' any member of her family to go for a big wedding or a small wedding.

Beatrice and Eugenie might get married in Switzerland or New York.

Just because in the past royal weddings were held a certain ways does not mean the next generation will continue to follow that tradition.

Last edited:
The Queen didn't say 'no' to Cannongate because it isn't a 'royal peculiar' and thus is wasn't down to the Queen to give her personal permission. She has to do so for Westminster and St George's and others within royal palaces.

I often see mention of the girls marrying in York Minster but given their total lack of connection to York I do wonder why anyone would think they would want to marry there? The last time a royal married there was when the Duke of Kent married and that was because his wife was a Yorkshire girl. If the territorial designation meant anything then surely the Duke of Kent, as he was at the time, would have married in Kent. The future Duke of Gloucester didn't marry in Gloucester cathedral either and he was Prince Richard 'of Gloucester'. Did the Prince of Wales marry in Wales, or the Duke of Cambridge marry in Cambridge so why do people think that a Princess 'of York' would marry in York - particularly when she drops the 'of York' from her name when she married as happened with Princess Alexandra who dropped the 'of Kent' when she married.

Everyone is entitled to their opinion and guess (until of course the weddings actually occur). Personally I doubt either Beatrice of Eugenie will marry in Westminster Abbey, even less so if they end up marrying during Charles or William's reign. IF you look at the list of royal wedding to take place at Westminster Abbey https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Westminster_Abbey#Royal_weddings they are nearly all exclusively children of Sovereigns, William being a bit different as he is the eldest son of the heir.

Personally I don't understand why either would marry in York, yes they have the title 'of York' but they don't seem to be overly fussed or involved with the place and they don't have the infrastructure to host a wedding there without relying on hotels etc which turns it into an even bigger 'event'.

I can see Eugenie especially opting for a smaller wedding in a smaller, private venue. I would imagine a strong possibility is The Royal Chapel of All Saints in the grounds of Royal Lodge. Its the closest to their home, private, has links to Queen Victoria who attended services there. It is only quite small seating around 200 people so I guess it may be too small for Beatrice who I can see having a bigger wedding than Eugenie.

I don't the security cost for Zara's wedding was that high. The reception and royals stayed at the Palace of Holyrood. The palace would already had police protection just like Windsor Castle is protected. The church and the short route from the palace would just need protection. We have seen basically all the royals at wedding at other locations from St George's chapel and Westminster Abbey- Sarah Armstrong Jones and Viscount Linley's weddings were 2 examples of this.

Security for Zara’s wedding cost the public £ 500,000. It was called a “significant policing operation”. And Zara is nine slots lower than Beatrice in the succession line.

Perhaps it is correct that the younger member of the BRF would want a different non-traditional wedding, Queen Camilla, but we haven't seen any bucking of tradition so far, and the parents of the bride and groom, Royal and otherwise, might have a say in it, even if the Queen doesn't 'insist' on venue or anything else, (and I don't think she does.)

I can see Eugenie thinking a Swiss or New York wedding would be fun, actually, though whether Prince Andrew would agree is another matter. I just can't see York Minster for either Princess, I'm afraid. It's a beautiful old building but neither Beatrice or Eugenie has any connection with it.

We will have to see where Harry marries. I very much doubt however, that it will be at any of Queen Camilla's venues. My guess is the Abbey or St George's and it will be fully televised. I do think the Yorks weddings won't be.

Last edited:
Security for Zara’s wedding cost the public £ 500,000. It was called a “significant policing operation”. And Zara is nine slots lower than Beatrice in the succession line.

That is a drop in bucket to the security cost of William's wedding at the Abbey. It doesn't matter where Zara is in the line of succession because you have the top 20 adults in the line of succession at her wedding and those same people will be at the Yorks girls weddings and Harry's so there are always going to be some security cost.

Or the York's could go for an old school palace wedding. The royals used to marry in the private palace chapels.

Traditionally the wedding is held at the bride's church.

Harry might be 'popular' but he is also 5th in line and if William and Catherine have another child, he is 6th

Beatrice and Eugenie are granddaughters of the monarch.

William had the big wedding.
Harry will probably have a small wedding. He might just get married in a civil ceremony or a church in a small village. He might elope while in Africa.

I very much doubt the Queen will 'force' any member of her family to go for a big wedding or a small wedding.

Beatrice and Eugenie might get married in Switzerland or New York.

Just because in the past royal weddings were held a certain ways does not mean the next generation will continue to follow that tradition.

I will say that Andrea & Tatiana Casiraghi’s winter wedding in Gstaad, Switzerland was absolutely gorgeous. It would actually be very fitting for Eugenie to have a winter wedding in Switzerland, because she met Jack Brooksbank during a ski holiday in Verbier, Switzerland. They would be coming full circle.

That is a drop in bucket to the security cost of William's wedding at the Abbey. It doesn't matter where Zara is in the line of succession because you have the top 20 adults in the line of succession at her wedding and those same people will be at the Yorks girls weddings and Harry's so there are always going to be some security cost.

That’s a bad comparison. William and Catherine used open carriages which significantly increased security. They also had royalty (Kings and Queens) from all over the world attending. They had Prime Ministers past and present attending. For the guests alone, the security would have been huge. Beatrice and Eugenie won’t be having these things.

The girls grew up in Berkshire, only minutes from Windsor Palace, in the former home of their parents Sunninghill. I wouldn't be surprised if one if not both chose to be married at St George's chapel at Windsor. It would be a low key location, but royal enough for granddaughters of the monarch, and cover security concerns. Considering it is where they grew up, the home likely has a close bond to them. The lower key weddings of Edward and Peter were both held there, and Bea's wedding at least, would fall between them.

If Eugenie wanted different, I could see her opting for St. Mary Magdalene's, the church the family attends when at Sandringham where Charlotte was recently baptized. Eugenie was also baptized there. They could have the reception at the estate after.

Harry is not likely to marry in the next few years, and his father will likely be king sadly to say (hate to think the queen wont be around). Even if she is, I think he will have a royal wedding (no eloping to Africa). I don't know if he would go Westminster Abbey big, he seems more low key. But St George's or the Chapel Royal, something royal.

Beatrice and Eugenie will most likely have the same things as Zara's and Peter's. Church plus reception at Royal building. It's the fact the senior members of the royal family will be at their weddings and that will cost money for security. So the security cost will probably be similar or even higher due to the current terror threat than Zara's security cost.

I may be wrong, but I think Andrew will insist on Westminster Abbey for his daughters' weddings, and I think the Queen will give him his way (as she generally does).

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom