Floral and Wreath Tiaras

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
I believe Rania's tiara is set in black gold, and the emeralds are not offset by any other stone. The design itself is lovely, but it needs something to break up the green. I don't think she owns it anyway, I recall reading it was a loaner or something. I may be wrong--I'll check on it.

I absolutly love the emerals tiara. It is different from other tiaras. It doesn't look too heavy like Marys ruby tiara. The emerald tiara is one of my favorites!

One of Grand Duchess Maria Teresa's tiaras. Sorry, I don't know the name.
PPE

Here is another Luxembourg tiara as sceen on Grand Duchess Maria Teresa. (one of my favorites)
Picture

The picture is from this thread, post 2.

Last edited by a moderator:
Madeline looks good in anything--take that cyclops aquamarine tiara, for example. She makes it work.

GD Maria Teresa is one of my particular favorites--she has this floral wrap type tiara/headpiece that she has worn as well and looked quite lovely. Although lately she is wearing dimunitive tiaras that just don't seem to suit her. I love the little turquoise tiara parue, but it's not working for her. She looks good with jewels that make a statement.

Lady Claire, thank you for digging that up. Isn't it lovely?

Maria Teresa has some wonderful jewels. She also wears them well IMO!! The Dutch have a wonderful wreath tiara that I would love to see on Maxima. Laurentien has worn it on several occasions. I don't know how to post pics (someone help me!!) The tiara is on the royaldutchjewels.nl web site!!!

I am sure that the emeralds are all lovely but you wouln't know it from looking at it. The green on green on green takes away all the definition. Changing the setting to silver or gold and adding in a significant quantity of diamonds would make the leaves have definition and maybe the diamonds as sparkling drops of dew, :)

Queen Rania's tiara is pretty but yes i think its 'too green' as well. maybe a 20-ish princess would look great in it.

would mette-marits wedding tiara count as a floral tiara?

Well, it is supposed to be daisies, isn't it? So technically, I guess yes...

Personally I've never thought of it as a floral tiara in the same way as the Spanish floral tiara or Queen Ingrid's/Crown Princess Mary's ruby parure.

I don't consider it a floral tiara--I think it falls more along the lines of a bandeau tiara.

Here are some pics from me :flowers:
strathmore tiara Papyrus motif tiara http://i108.photobucket.com/albums/n11/cilililingi/Jewels/OakTiara.jpg

I LOVE the papyrus tiara - this is the one I would vote for if I could choose :wub:
AND I am wondering, when we will see the Strathmore tiara again - anybody has some information who it currently owns? Maybe we would see it again during on of the weddings of the next generation. Maybe not William - but Harry, Eugenie, Beatrice, Louise.....

I LOVE the papyrus tiara - this is the one I would vote for if I could choose :wub:
AND I am wondering, when we will see the Strathmore tiara again - anybody has some information who it currently owns? Maybe we would see it again during on of the weddings of the next generation. Maybe not William - but Harry, Eugenie, Beatrice, Louise.....
We are in agreement countess felicitas. I love the papyrus tiara, I know its not the grandest, there is just something about the design....:p

I think the Strathmore tiara is pretty, I understand that it is not in very good shape and needs work to be done on it. I believe Warren posted info to this effect on another thread.

this is a fab thread and the tiaras are stunning wish i could have one :)

what is your all time favorite Floral and Wreath Tiaras

i like the one in denmark worn by the queen becouse it can be used in so many different ways

I've always like the Strathmore tiara, but the Danish floral is pretty too, IMO.

I love the Strathmore tiara.Not a lot of others impress me

The Royal Order of Sartorial Splendor: Readers' Ultimate Tiaras: Pick Your Diamond Nature Motif!

From this article, I was surprised I had so many favorites!

My favorites:

1. Strathmore Rose Tiara
2. Floral Aigrette Tiara
3. Spencer Tiara
4. Queen Sophie's Diamond Tiara
5. Queen Josephine's Diamond Tiara
6. Connaught Tiara
7. Imperial Chrysanthemum Tiara
8. Khedive of Egypt Tiara
9. Mellerio Floral Tiara
10. Strawberry Leaf Tiara
11. Isenburg Floral Tiara
12. Large Luxemburg Floral Tiara
13. Princess Benedikte's Floral Tiara
14. Rosebery Tiara
15. Diamond Daisy Tiara
16. Lannoy Tiara
17. Princess Marie Bonaparte's Wreath Tiara
18. Faberge Myrtle Wreath Tiara
19. Princess Marie Louise's Honeysuckle Tiara
20. Savoy Mellerio Wreath and Floral Tiara

Almost too hard to chose a favourite from the above,there's even a few that I'd never noticed before!

It really is quite beautiful and Lady Sarah wore it so well on her wedding day,do we know if the Snowdon Floral Tiara is still in the family?

It really is quite beautiful and Lady Sarah wore it so well on her wedding day,do we know if the Snowdon Floral Tiara is still in the family?
The tiara was recently included in an exhibition on royal wedding dresses at Buckingham Palace. So it must be still in the family:flowers:.

As mentioned on the blogpost (Order of Splendour), the Snowdon Floral "Tiara" is not really a tiara, but a collection of brooches assembled on a frame. The brooches were not part of the jewels sold by the Snowdon's in 2006, so one would assume they are in the family.

Was the Strathmore Rose Tiara worn by George VI's wife only when she was the Duchess of York?
Or did she also wear it when she was the Queen Consort Elizabeth?
What is the last newspaper photograph of Elizabeth wearing the Strathmore Rose Tiara? :tudorrose::tudorrose::tudorrose:

Does anyone have info on this lovely floral tiara? It was worn by princess Diana's niece Lady Emily McCorquodale at her wedding. I'm not sure if this belongs to the Spencer side or the McCorquodale side...I'm pretty sure Neil McCorquodale (Lady Sarah's husband) doesn't have any royal roots. But then again this has never been seen on a Spencer before. I'm stumped! Any info would be appreciated :)ImageUploadedByThe Royals Community1419919473.260599.jpg

Does anyone have info on this lovely floral tiara? It was worn by princess Diana's niece Lady Emily McCorquodale at her wedding. I'm not sure if this belongs to the Spencer side or the McCorquodale side...I'm pretty sure Neil McCorquodale (Lady Sarah's husband) doesn't have any royal roots. But then again this has never been seen on a Spencer before. I'm stumped! Any info would be appreciated :)View attachment 293080

You don't have to be of royal decent to wear a tiara. Not that long ago most aristocratic ladies had at least one at her disposal.

Sent from my iPhone using The Royals Community mobile app

And not just aristocratic ladies, but every lady who was just rich enough to afford that kind of jewels and moved in the upper social circles would have had a tiara. Some of these upper class families have kept their family tiaras and still use them. And the McCorquodales were moving in the upper class social circles and were well connected.

As you say the tiara Emily Mccorquodale wears was never seen on a Spencer lady. Furthermore, Alexandra Finlay, who married lady Cynthia Spencer's son Alexander Fellowes, did not wear a tiara at her wedding. That's why I believe that the tiara originates from the McCorquodale family.

And not just aristocratic ladies, but every lady who was just rich enough to afford that kind of jewels and moved in the upper social circles would have had a tiara. Some of these upper class families have kept their family tiaras and still use them. And the McCorquodales were moving in the upper class social circles and were well connected.

As you say the tiara Emily Mccorquodale wears was never seen on a Spencer lady. Furthermore, Alexandra Finlay, who married lady Cynthia Spencer's son Alexander Fellowes, did not wear a tiara at her wedding. That's why I believe that the tiara originates from the McCorquodale family.
Agree. McCorquodales were rich manufacturers. They owned printing factory. One of Emily's cousins (first cousin four times[SIZE=-2] [/SIZE] removed) was raised to the peerage as baron McCorquodale.

Back
Top Bottom