Floral and Wreath Tiaras

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

HRH Mims

Serene Highness
City
Moscow
Country
Russia
Does anybody have pics of tiaras with floral motif / or wreath tiaras?
Thanks in advance :flowers:

Hello mims111!

Alot of the crowns/tiara's out there have a floral or wreath motif...but this sounds like a cool thread...I'll get some pic's!

Photo's from GettyImages:

51574581.jpg

51493938.jpg

50833649.jpg

These are only a few...

Last edited:
Here is two pictures of the same spanish tiara :)
It's funny, she is wearing the same dress, but if i'm not in mistake the first photo is from the last year and the other one is from the 80's!

(source: hola)

Yes, you can tell she's older in the first picture...I really like this tiara, it's so femenine!

Here's another one (from GettyImages)

Getty
05a9891f.jpg

I was trying to find her not-so-pleasant-to-look-at Poppy Tiara (or it can be worn as a tiara)...

Last edited:
Queen Margrethe's poppies aren't so much a tiara as they are adorning headpieces. They aren't so pleasant to look at, are they? :whistling:

Last edited by a moderator:
RachelD said:
Here's another one (from GettyImages)
This is my favorite of all tiarias. It is delicate without being overly fragile. It is so versatile ...... I have yet to see it used in a way that didn't look wonderful. It moves from semi-formal to utmost regal. A fair stretch for any "small" tiara. It certainly leaves the traditional "small" tiara's received by the princesses of other royal houses for dead.
In fact it is to die for..... :in_love: :D

RachelD said:

I love the second pic the one with Letizia in it.. I really love her floral tiara..

madeleine victoria said:
I love the second pic the one with Letizia in it.. I really love her floral tiara..
Now if she could just loose the oversized sash she wouldn't look like a child dressing up. The horrible thing swamps her, her dress and the jewels! :eek:

The Diamond Flower Tiara:

source: getty images, cover

Princess Mary's beautiful Floral Tiara

Seegerpress

Corbis

Last edited:
Can someone tell me the provenance of the Swedish RF's Braganca tiara?

thanks! :flowers:

Here are some pics from me :flowers:
strathmore tiara Papyrus motif tiara Oak Tiara Leaurel leaf tiara of princess Georg Josephines diadem aquamarine tiara (dont know the truly name)
Heathcote tiara Glocester tiara
Teck tiara
pictures from gettyimages, Tiaras: History of splendour, liljones page

and some more from me:
Burmese tiara Saxe Coburg diadem (unknown tiara) Nizam tiara westminster laurel tiara Floral tiara Bayern crown (?)
from gettyimages, Tiaras: History of splendour, liljones page

Great job mims11:flowers::flowers:

Btw. 1 this unknown tiara http://i108.photobucket.com/albums/n11/cilililingi/Jewels/pr.jpg
was known as Princess Mary's Diamond Honeysuckle Tiara. HRH Princess Mary, COuntess of Harewood recive this tiara made out of a diamond base mounted with five honeysuckle flowers. The tiara was sold after Mary's death.

Btw. 2 What about crowns with fleur-de-lis, isn't it a kind of flower?

Last edited:
O.k....
I LOVE this thread!:wub:
I had to get that out of my system...:flowers:

Lovely pictures everyone!

Fabulous thread!:flowers:
All tiaras are so gorgeous! Especially Josephines!

Here is the not-so-pleasant-to-look-at Poppy thingy Queen Margareth wears...It's not a tiara or crown, but I think it deserves a place in this thread.

From IBL~
attachment.php

oMG I love theses tiaras!! I wish I had pictures to contribute...Anyway, thanx everyone for the pics! And what exactly is a fleur-de-lis?

ortino said:
oMG I love theses tiaras!! I wish I had pictures to contribute...Anyway, thanx everyone for the pics! And what exactly is a fleur-de-lis?

A fleur-de-lis is a symbol used in heraldry, especially prominent with monarchy. It is representative of a lily. I recall seeing a picture of a circlet with only fleur-de-lis on it. Perhaps one of the more talented jewels members can point us in the right direction?

I like that tiara. Its something new and unusual, but in one way still classic, and you can't compare it with QMII poppy thing, I think. Because this reminds me Princess Mary's ruby parure (or how it's name?) but without rubies. And these tiaras belong to my most favorite one.
Maybe if she could wore it in other way, that would be better.

I'm not much taken by it. To me, it seems vey...uninspiring.

Well, "beauty is in the eye of the beholder"....:wub: :flowers:

I like that tiara. Its something new and unusual, but in one way still classic, and you can't compare it with QMII poppy thing, I think. Because this reminds me Princess Mary's ruby parure (or how it's name?) but without rubies. And these tiaras belong to my most favorite one.
Maybe if she could wore it in other way, that would be better.

Princess Mary's ruby tiara has mostly diamonds in it and some well placed rubies! With a majority of diamonds and just some emeralds Queen Ranias tiara would be very nice, but IMO it is just tooooo greeeenn!!! (Note: emeralds are usually my favourite gems, but this is too much for my taste).

Back
Top Bottom