Grand Duchess Maria Teresa, Picture Thread

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Picture of Maria Teresa

Maybe this will post properly.

The last two are recent. She is still beautiful.

I'd like to see pictures of her before she married, before she left Cuba.

I used to have her as my avatar before the server change.

Attachments

• MariaTeresaLux.3.jpg
    MariaTeresaLux.3.jpg
    29.6 KB · Views: 10,097
  • MariaTeresaLux.5^^.jpg
    MariaTeresaLux.5^^.jpg
    18.8 KB · Views: 5,806
  • MariaTeresaLux.6.jpg
    MariaTeresaLux.6.jpg
    20.9 KB · Views: 979
  • MariaTeresaLux.7.jpg
    MariaTeresaLux.7.jpg
    30.2 KB · Views: 1,636
  • MariaTeresaLux.7^^.jpg
    MariaTeresaLux.7^^.jpg
    24.3 KB · Views: 1,093
  • MariaTeresaLux.WG.jpg
    MariaTeresaLux.WG.jpg
    80.7 KB · Views: 2,470
  • MariaTeresaLux^.4.jpg
    MariaTeresaLux^.4.jpg
    68.7 KB · Views: 1,897
  • post-38-1070649554.jpg
    post-38-1070649554.jpg
    23.9 KB · Views: 12,253
  • 109140.jpg
    109140.jpg
    17.2 KB · Views: 867
  • henriluxembourg1955-41.jpg
    henriluxembourg1955-41.jpg
    49.2 KB · Views: 1,726
Last edited:
she left cuba at the age of 3 so i guess there aren't pics of her there...

then of her in the USA or Switzerland...

i think it's important for a royal, politician, a bussiness man or even every person to travel around the world... it gives you a very open mind and lots of wisdom.

is it true that her hubby has a wondering eye? if so, that is truely sad.

so then it just as a rumor, right. and since i'm still "wet behind the ears" in posting messages who is JC?

JC= Grand Duchess Josephine-Charlotte, the mother of Grand Duke Henri and the wife of Grand Duke Jean.

She has been suspected of spreading a rather nasty rumour that her son Henri has been cheating on Maria Teresa with the Deputy Prime Minister of Luxembourg, Lydie Polifer [sp?]. It's a fairly well known admission that JC does not like MT, for whatever reason.
-Kara-

:eek: thats just sad
if her son is happy, then she should stay out of their lives-plain and simple no question, thoughts, feels, etc just stay out.
i mean girlfriend (MT) shouldnt stand for that-she needs to nip it in the bud. does MT have a backbone?

Last edited:
semisquare said:
i mean girlfriend (MT) shouldnt stand for that-she needs to nip it in the bud. does MT have a backbone?

Girlfriend?? They are married. And the backbone part, are you talking about JC? :confused: If so, I think she does, she has just taken the overprotective parent thing to an extreme.

i was talking about mt having a backbone. is the mother-in-law's initials jc if not plz correct me.

It is not a fact that Josephine-Charlotte spread those rumours. Only alligations made by an hysterical Marie-Thesere during a meeting with the press a while ago. It is widely known that JC (daughter of belgian king Leopold III) has (had?) difficulties with her sons marrying commoners, especially Helene Vestur & Prince Jean's marriage (GD Jean did not approve of this marriage henceforth Prince Jean and his offspring is only known as counts of Nassaau instead of princes of Luxembourg). JC called Marie-Thesere 'la petite cubaine'' (the little cuban girl) in private. Jean and JC did however accept their sons choice and approved of the marriage of their son Henri to Marie-Therese Mestre. This caused a rift within the family as the Grand Dukes cousin, the Duke of Parma, did not approve of the marriage. GD Jean stood up for his son & daughter-in-law and chose to drop the Bourbon-Parma title he received through his father all together to show his anger at his cousin.
JC was pleased with the common Sybilla Weiller as a daughter-in-law though (who of course descends from King Alfonso XIII & who's grandfather was one of the richest men of France).
Apart from JC's difficulties with MT's common background their characters also differ a lot. MT very vibrant, showy (catsuit woman!!!) etc while JC is more traditional and discrete. And we do of course not know what happened behind the screens...
All I know now is that Josephine-Charlotte is recovering from cancer & that the family appeared together 2 months ago for the baptism of an new Jean, the latest child of Guillaume & Sybilla (adorable couple).

i think its good she MT was a commoner... it makes the children more normal and aware of how people around the world live differently... she has done a great job with her children, they all seem very regal and look like they would have good values

Marengo said:
It is not a fact that Josephine-Charlotte spread those rumours. Only alligations made by an hysterical Marie-Thesere during a meeting with the press a while ago.
And as you'll notice, I said she was "suspected" of spreading that rumour- not that she "definitely" spread it.
-Kara-

yes, Henri is using the Bourbon-Parma title again - has since he became the grand duke, I think

i dont understand why they are the princes of Nassau Borbon Parma is that a family title.. how did they become that i thought they were the prince of luxembourg

All royals have titles like that. Its kinda like the family name (i.e. Windsors, Grimaldis).

Yeah, it gets confusing cause some of them have more than 1 name (i.e. Saxe Coberg Gotha).

Last edited by a moderator:
HRH Grand Duchess Maria Teresa

Grand Duchess Maria Teresa was born in Havana, Cuba, on 22 March 1956, to José Antonio Mestre and Maria Teresa Batista-Falla de Mestre.

In October 1959, at the time of the revolution, Maria Teresa Mestre left Cuba with her parents. The family settled in New York where, as a young girl, she was a pupil at Marymount School. From 1961 she carried on her studies at the Lycée Français.

maria2.jpeg

In June 1965 her parents settled down for a few months on their family estate of Santander in Spain, before taking up permanent residence in Geneva. Maria Teresa Mestre first carried on her studies at the Institut Marie-José at Gstaad, then at the boarding school Marie-Thérèse in Geneva, where she successfully passed the French General Certificate of Education (baccalauréat) in June 1975.

In 1980 she graduated at the University of Geneva in political sciences. Miss Mestre met Prince Henri at this University. For four years they both carried on similar studies, working sometimes in the same study groups to which Miss Mestre reported on numerous occasions; she was for instance the author of a report on the compared legislations within the EEC, on woman's work and on motherhood.

During the same period Maria Teresa Mestre took an ever increasing interest in social and human problems, following the family tradition which had brought her grand-parents to devote themselves actively to philantropical and cultural tasks in Cuba.

Besides her studies, Miss Mestre was in Geneva a member of a group taking care of the residents of old people's homes. She also taught children in a Geneva classroom.

Spanish being her mother tongue, Grand Duchess Maria Teresa knows French thoroughly for having carried on her studies at the French School (Lycée Français) and in Switzerland. In her prime youth she learned English. After her marriage she learned Luxembourgish and she speaks also German and Italian.

In her childhood, Maria Teresa Mestre took ballet and singing tuition courses. She loves music and literature and is interested in painting. Devoted to sport, she practices skiing, ice-skating and water sports. She has two brothers and one sister, who are living in Switzerland and in the USA.

Miss Maria Teresa Mestre married Prince Henri of Luxembourg on February 14th, 1981.

They have 5 children, 4 sons and one daughter:
  • Prince Guillaume, born on November 11th, 1981
  • Prince Félix, born on June 3rd, 1984
  • Prince Louis, born on august 3rd, 1986
  • Princess Alexandra, born on February 16th, 1991
  • Prince Sébastien, born on April 16th, 1992
famillegd.jpeg

Since 1997, the Grand Duchess acts as a Good-Will Ambassador of UNESCO and supports in this respect specifically organisations which are active in the field of micro-credits and child protection.​

The Grand Duchess is showing a strong interest in the social situation in her country, dedicating her efforts mainly to the children and families in danger, to the social integration of persons who are physically, mentally or socially handicapped and to gender related issues.​

She has granted her patronage and active support notably to the Luxembourg League of Blind People, the National Nurses' Association and the Alzheimer Association of Luxembourg. She is furthermore chairing the Foundation Prince Henri-Princess Maria Teresa for the handicapped and occupying the Honorary Chair of the Foundation for Research on Aids.​

She is member of the Council of Trustees of the Mentor Foundation (London) which is concentrating on the prevention of substance abuse among children and young people and which is maintaining a special relationship with World Health Organisation.​

In October 1999, HRH Crown Princess Maria Teresa is named Docteur Honoris Causa to the Seton Hall University, School for diplomatics and international relations in the USA.​

i still dont understand bout GD jean... I admire MT so much... i hope her kids stay as down to earth as she is

Hey what was JC before she married GD JEan??? I'm not sure but was she a Princess of BElgium???

Yes, she was a Princess of Belgium - the only daughter of the marriage of King Léopold III and Queen Astrid. She is the older sister of current King Albert II of the Belgians.

Last edited:
Thanks for answering my question KatieLouise ^__^

Does JC still dislike her daughters-in-law???

Childhood pictures of Grand Duchess Maria Teresa

I have found some childhood pictures of Grand Duchess Maria Teresa (born 22.03.1956).

1. little Maria Teresa Mestre (she's the girl on the knees:) ) with her two brothers and her sister Catalina (unfortunately I ignore the names of the brothers:( )
2. little Maria Teresa with her siblings and her father José Antonio Mestre and her mother Maria Teresa Batista-Falla de Mestre (Maria Teresa on the left is looking like Princess Alexandra!:) )
3. another picture of Maria Teresa with her younger sister Catalina

Attachments

• New P1012130.JPG
    New P1012130.JPG
    31.8 KB · Views: 3,904
  • New P1012131a.JPG
    New P1012131a.JPG
    31.9 KB · Views: 2,146
  • New P1012132.JPG
    New P1012132.JPG
    45 KB · Views: 3,003
gaggleofcrazypeople said:
Girlfriend?? They are married. And the backbone part, are you talking about JC? :confused: If so, I think she does, she has just taken the overprotective parent thing to an extreme.
when she said girldfriend (mt) she was talking slang. SHe was not saying mt is the grand duke's girlfriend.

Her son Guillaume looks alot like her when she was younger.

Does MT speak English? I have heard that she speaks a few words of it, and that she is not fluent.

Back
Top Bottom