Engagement of Prince Nikolaos & Tatiana Blatnik 28 Dec 2009 & pre-wedding information

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
yes, very good news! but now that i know it will be in autumn something tells me they won't chose greece for the wedding...i hope they will of course.

greetings,
gregory

Don't give up hope, summer ends late in Greece so a september wedding at an island or the country-side would be great. Not many tourists, the heat will be less and the nights will be comfortable for a garden after wedding party.

I'm agree with you .. I think if the wedding would be in London this would be in the months of June and July or August ..... But in the fall, I think it will be in Greece, less tourists and good weather .
The Summer ends on September 20th or 21th...., the 18th would be nice but it's still summer .. I think this might be the last week of September or early octuber.The October 1st is the birthday of the Prince Nikolaos.

I´m waiting anxiously for this wedding, be it in summer or autumn. What a beautiful couple they are! A déja vu of his parents´wedding.

I think this confirms that the wedding will be in Greece .... I am agree that the wedding could be in September because temperatures are more pleasant than in summer, not so hot.

I think this confirms that the wedding will be in Greece .... I am agree that the wedding could be in September because temperatures are more pleasant than in summer, not so hot.
A September wedding will be lovely, weather will be around 22-27. last year i did not get much below 17 and that was late December. Ill be in greece then so would love to fly over and maybe get the chance to see them and take lots of photos for TRF.

:flowers: That would be most welcome Noldorlord...

Don't give up hope, summer ends late in Greece so a september wedding at an island or the country-side would be great. Not many tourists, the heat will be less and the nights will be comfortable for a garden after wedding party.

hello to all. yes lia, of course i still hope for a greek wedding. but i have in my hands the newest issue of life&style and i got a bit disappointed. the only sure thing is it will be in september. no exact date or place yet, but it also says tatiana's hairdresser has his hair salon in mayfair in london and he will prepare her hair that day. the good thing is that he's greek, but this doesn't mean he will travel to greece to make her hair...so, everything is possible...;) i don't want to bring bad luck, but something tells me tatiana and the rest of the family don't want to change place. it's more normal to prefer to prepare the wedding the way they like it in their base and this is london unfortunately.

greetings,
gregory

The only possibility to get Queen Elizabeth as a wedding guest is IMO indeed to celebrate in London. And I´m quite sure this is one thing Tatiana/Nikolaos is keen on since Elizabeth attended both Pavlos´ and Alexia´s wedding. She is well known for never travelling abroad to take part in marriages.

I agree with Stefanie..The Queen of England never attended royal weddings outside Great Britain ....

Prince Nikolaos and Tatiana visited Marbella (Spain) weeks ago to visit to the maternal grandmother of Tatiana, Ellinka. After, they have traveled to Porto Heli (Greece) for pass holiday with the Kings of Greece and some family friends

http://i953.photobucket.com/albums/ae16/RFAMILY_G/marbella1.jpg

in picture Prince Nikolaos and Tatiana in airport of Madrid

The only possibility to get Queen Elizabeth as a wedding guest is IMO indeed to celebrate in London. And I´m quite sure this is one thing Tatiana/Nikolaos is keen on since Elizabeth attended both Pavlos´ and Alexia´s wedding. She is well known for never travelling abroad to take part in marriages.

But in August and September she is usually on Holdiay at Balmoral. And i doubt if the Queen would come to London only to attend a Wedding. The WEddings of Pavlos and Alexia where in Jul before the Holiday starts.

thanks!!!!!!!!
Does the maternal grandmother lives permanently in Spain???
The maternal grandmother is Countess, I think that it is the airport of Malaga...

Last edited by a moderator:
Yes...I have read it that she lives in Spain, is possible Malaga

:previous: The have a considerable age difference , but given that they are together for 7 years , more or less without breaking up , they must have enough things in common I guess.

They can be as a magnet "The poles like repel and unlike poles attract."

yes, many times people of the same age or with a few years difference, have nothing common and feel like strangers. nikolas and tatiana love and respect each other and this is enough.

greetings,
gregory

Tatiana is too young for nikolaos. They are 10 years apart from each other and they are nothing alike.

Nonsense! Age is just a number.... a marriage depends on so many other factors...and not generalizations. :)

I do not think they are very different .... I like them as a couple.They are very handsome..

i notice that older greek generations like an age difference among a couple.......from 4-5 years to 12-13.
Whats' the age difference between the King and Queen?

King Constantine and Queen Anne Marie have a different of 6 years old...
King Pavlo and queen Federike 15 years
Queen Margarett of Denmark 6 years....

There are other princes with greater age difference between Prince Nikolaos and Tatiana for example:
Prince of Belgium, Prince Philippe and Princess Mathilde, the age difference is 13 years.

I think age is not important .... I see them very well, she is integrated into the Royal family .. I think that age is not importan

wow, i didn't know king pavlos was so much older than frederiki! yes, nikolas is 11 years older than tatiana but this relationship seem to work. maybe he doesn't feel that old so his interests approach those of tatiana. if he felt old at 41 he would pick an older woman to marry, around 35-40 most possibly. this is my opinion.

greetings,
gregory

Prince Nikolaos and Tatiana Blatnik have lived together in his apartment of London for many years ...
I think this shows that they are not so different....

IMO the age difference does not matter so much. It all depends on how much the couple loves each other and of how many things they have in common. I wish them all the happiness in this world.

Yes there are pictures of them posted:
They were at the end of March in Marbella, Spain to visit maternal grandmother of Tatiana.
http://i953.photobucket.com/albums/a.../marbella1.jpg
http://i953.photobucket.com/albums/ae16/RFAMILY_G/getImg.jpg
http://i953.photobucket.com/albums/ae16/RFAMILY_G/maebella2.jpg
http://i953.photobucket.com/albums/ae16/RFAMILY_G/marbella8.jpg

and then, they have been with the Kings in Porto Heli in the vacation of Holy Week and visited Spetses Island, Greece.

http://img265.imageshack.us/img265/2918/portoheli.jpg
http://img100.imageshack.us/img100/1868/kingniko.jpg
(this pictures was put by Nikolopoulus)

If they still want to marry THIS year it´s about time to announce a date IMO......:cool:

Nicolas of Greece and Magdalena of Sweden could do a wonderful marriage.

If they still want to marry THIS year it´s about time to announce a date IMO......:cool:

I think we are forgetting that she mentioned she will convert to christian orthodox first. That takes some time, she needs to take some tutoring and then get baptized. This could be the reason they have no date yet!!

First, Nikolaos Prince said at the press conference, in August .. After Queen Anne Maria said that in autumn, but was not set the day and place .. I believe it could not be this year it could be the next....

Nicolas of Greece and Magdalena of Sweden could do a wonderful marriage.
And seeing as Nikolaos has finally got engaged, and there are no rumours of them splitting up. I don't think it's likely.
And seeing as Nikolaos is 40 and Madeleine 28. Bit of an age difference. :ermm:
< ed by Warren: unnecessary and pointless correction of another member >

But Tatiana is only nearly two years older than Madeleine.

Back
Top Bottom