Prince Philippos of Greece and Nina Flohr: Dec 2020 / Oct 2021

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Over half of the DM comments are about Princess Beatrice and not the bride!:cool:

Of course they are. That article has more pictures of Beatrice, Eugenie, Jack and Edoardo than anyone else. Many more than even the bride and groom haha!

Best to avoid the Daily Fail alltogether. Works wonders for a calm state of mind and a normal blood pressure.

:zen:

Last edited:
Goodness that sounds concerning. I hope the royal house of Spain are not in trouble.

That is normal security for someone in the position of Queen Sofía. Had we seen Queen Margrethe of Denmark, we would have seen the same scènes with her security team.

Picture: officers of the (Dutch) Royal- and Diplomatic Protection Service travelling in advance, awaiting the King's airplane to land after them.

From above it is a very Empire-style ("Napoleonic") gown. Beautiful.

Last edited by a moderator:
I have to say the gown is not my cup of tea at all, Nina seems quite petite and I feel like it swamps her. Personally I think something more streamlined would have been more flattering. Though the couples happiness is plain to see and a beautiful sight in itself!

Princess Alexia’s daughters are all very beautiful, I’m not a fan of the two bridesmaid dresses though.

Hello magazine are reporting that Prince and Princess Michael,Lady Gabriella and Tom Kingston were there but I haven't seen any pics.

Hello magazine are reporting that Prince and Princess Michael,Lady Gabriella and Tom Kingston were there but I haven't seen any pics.

Seems logical to me, as the mother of Prince Michael was Princess Marina of Greece and Denmark. I have not seen them on pictures either.

When I saw again the Video of the arriving of King Constantine at the Cathedral I was surprised.
He was in his wheelchair and was not warmly welcomed by the Archbischop of Athenes and the other Bishops. He wanted to stand for kissing the Holy Icone but he could not.
The enterred the Church the first with the Archbishop of Athenes the whole family who was waiting at the entrance followed.

When I saw again the Video of the arriving of King Constantine at the Cathedral I was surprised.
He was in his wheelchair and was not warmly welcomed by the Archbischop of Athenes and the other Bishops. He wanted to stand for kissing the Holy Icone but he could not.
The enterred the Church the first with the Archbishop of Athenes the whole family who was waiting at the entrance followed.

I thought he WAS warmly welcomed but maybe I saw it differently.

Were either Princess Olga or Princess Alexandra present? (daughters of Prince Michael).

Is it known if the countess Mountbatten of Birma attended the wedding? She is one of the godmothers of the groom. Other godparents: Pss Benedikte, the Infanta Elena and Kyrill of Bulgaria were present.

Queen Ingrid was right about her daughter Benedikte, if any outsider would look at the clip/ images they would pick her as the one who most likely is a Queen. She was very poised as always.
-
Although it was a lovely wedding I was surprised by the relatively sparse royal attendance to this wedding. I suppose the significant age gap between the prince and most members of reigning families may be partially an explanation. And COVID may be another. Esp. the no-show from Denmark was surprising.

The bride was original in her choices, not the usual bridal design that we have all seen a million times before.

Last edited:
Would QM or Frederick perhaps have wanted to avoid criticism for going to a family wedding in Greece during what is still a period of uncertainty over COVID and other things?

The same for Felipe as well as family issues.

I thought he WAS warmly welcomed but maybe I saw it differently.

Yes, I saw the priests going to the entrance to welcome King Constantine. The King absolutely wanted to stand up to kiss the Evangely Book. He also presented his grandson to the bishop, after which the young Prince kissed the bishop's ring/hand and made a sign of the cross.

Would QM or Frederick perhaps have wanted to avoid criticism for going to a family wedding in Greece during what is still a period of uncertainty over COVID and other things?

The same for Felipe as well as family issues.

Most likely the same reason for family-friends WA and Máxima to stay away. They have learned a hard lesson when they left for Greece last year.

Last edited by a moderator:
The guests we've seen photos of and I guess he's the younger son of the former Greek king.

Spain : Queen Sofia and The Infanta Elena
UK : Princesses Beatrice and Eugenie with husbands
Monaco : Andrea Casiraghi and Tatiana Santo Domingo
Denmark :princess Benedikte with her daughter Princess Alexandra of Sayn-Wittgenstein-Berleburg and her husband Count Michael of Ahlefeldt-Laurvig-Bille
Bulgaria : Kyril, Prince of Preslav
German Princely Houses : Prince Ernst August ,Princess Ekaterina ,Prince Christian,Princess Alessandra.
Greek Royal Family
Princess Tatiana Radziwiłł and Jean Henri Fruchaud
The Duke and Duchess of Aosta

Most likely the same reason for family-friends WA and Máxima to stay away. They have learned a hard lesson when they left for Greece last year.

Wasn't it reported that QMII was in Greece for a week in September visiting her sister? So going back to Greece for the wedding would not have been an issue. Plus she had nothing on her calendar.

And Frederik and Mary most likely had a getaway planned to spend this week with the kids given they were all on autumn holidays and Christian was home and it was his birthday.

Last edited:
Prince and Princess Michel of Greece
Mrs Chantal Hochuli first wife of Prince Ernst August of Hannover who wore for the second time her green dress.

I wouldn't have thought that anyone would be criticised for attending a family wedding. Travel restrictions have largely been eased. Willem-Alexander's holiday last year was at a time when there was a partial lockdown in the Netherlands and people were being advised to stay at home as much as possible. That isn't the case now - as far as I know, the only European country currently under lockdown restrictions is Latvia (although Russia's introducing restrictions from next week). It's a very different scenario now.

I'm not really getting the wedding dress - I just don't think it suits her.

Last edited:
I wouldn't have thought that anyone would be criticised for attending a family wedding. Travel restrictions have largely been eased. Willem-Alexander's holiday last year was at a time when there was a partial lockdown in the Netherlands and people were being advised to stay at home as much as possible. That isn't the case now - as far as I know, the only European country currently under lockdown restrictions is Latvia (although Russia's introducing restrictions from next week). It's a very different scenario now.

The Dutch royal couple went to the Von Waldburg-Zeil und Hohenems wedding two weeks ago. Maybe they are less close with Philippos and Nina than with other Greek royals? No idea. Can also be a practical reason like other obligations in the agenda or preferring a calm weekend at home. Any guess is as good as it is.

Last edited:
Is it known if the countess Mountbatten of Birma attended the wedding? She is one of the godmothers of the groom. Other godparents: Pss Benedikte, the Infanta Elena and Kyrill of Bulgaria were present.

Queen Ingrid was right about her daughter Benedikte, if any outsider would look at the clip/ images they would pick her as the one who most likely is a Queen. She was very poised as always.
-
Although it was a lovely wedding I was surprised by the relatively sparse royal attendance to this wedding. I suppose the significant age gap between the prince and most members of reigning families may be partially an explanation. And COVID may be another. Esp. the no-show from Denmark was surprising.

The bride was original in her choices, not the usual bridal design that we have all seen a million times before.

I agree that the number of royals, including the groom's aunt and several of his cousins (only Elena and Alexandra attended it seems), attending was very low. I would think that the Dutch royal family spent the week in Greece, so could have easily attended. Not sure, whether they were invited though as Covid might also have led to a reduced number of invites (next to those receiving an invitation but declining) - and it seems they preferred their (royal and other) friends over more high-profile royals that they don't know that well.

Back
Top Bottom