Prince Philippos of Greece and Nina Flohr: Dec 2020 / Oct 2021

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
I think it is also important to point out that only 100 people could be in attendance in the church.

Additionally if we look at who his godparents are:
- King Juan Carlos I
- Prince Philip
- Diana, Princess of Wales
- Infanfa Elena
- Princess Benedikte
- Kyril, Prince of Preslav
- Penelope, Lady Romsey

It makes sense that Benedikte and her daughter were there and not the Queen…
This is also not just Philippos wedding, Nina also had to invite her part of the 100 people. Philippos immediate family includes:
Parents (2)
Siblings (4)
In-Laws (3)
Nieces and nephews (9)

That is already 18 people. Add in his godparents/godparent spouses (4) that’s 22. With the bride and the groom it’s 24- We’re already almost at 25% of the acceptable guest list. I think it all came down to logistics. They had Nina’s family and their godchildren (Nina’s were apart of the wedding party) and their mutual friends… the church fills up quite quickly.

Additionally someone would need to stay home to be regent in Denmark. From my research I don’t think Benedikte was at Tatiana and Nikolaos wedding- but Margrethe was. There are a lot of moving factors to consider and I don’t envy for being the ones who had to decide which family members were not invited!

I liked the photo that Princess Nina has published. This shows us how complicated it is to get into a car with a wedding dress with a veil and train and the father hahaha I love photo, bravo!!

Did they ever release one of those "class picture"-style photos with all the notable guests standing on a staircase (or risers) with the bridal party?

What a beautiful church!
The bride and groom both look lovely and in love.
Personally I don't like de weddingdress.
Is is so big, almost like a maternity weddingdress. I do not like the placement of the veil, her hair is very severe.. sorry but it does not enhance her looks.
Nice flowers but the bouquet is too small for this enormous dress.

Back
Top Bottom