Eloise, Claus-Casimir and Leonore, News and Pictures 2: 2023 -

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Princess Laurentien and Countess Eloise presented their vintage clothing store in Den Haag today, February 2:

** ppe gallery **

Eloise posted a tiktok video to show solidarity with Palestina.

https://www.ad.nl/show/gravin-elois...-te-laat-om-er-geld-mee-op-te-halen~a94ce0b5/

The goal was to raise money to address the humanitarian crisis in Gaza. If more than 200.000 people use a special filter on the social media app, tiktok will pay 12800 Euros to its creator. The creator of this filter said the money would be donated. However, Eloise's action had no effect as the 200.000 mark had already been reached.

Had Eloise been a member of the royal house this would have been controversial. Thank goodness that she is not. Making the other grandchildren only counts certainly was a wise forsight of Queen Beatrix, however I regretted it at the time.

In addition Eloise said in her Linda interview that she wants to join the cause Extinction Rebellion, an activist movement against climate change that has been blocking highways in the West of the country as a form of protest. Again a controversial issue no member of the royal house could ever have said. At the same time she does admit she flies a lot.... and although she had 'vliegschaamte' (shame of flying) in the beginning of the year, that is no longer the case now, though she still feels bad about it. She is 21 years of course but this never ending blabbing in public does not reflect well on the family IMO.

The Mediacourant has a poll with the question: 'Eloise a tiresome girl?' 94% voted 'Yes'.

https://www.mediacourant.nl/2024/01...tinction-rebellion-baal-dat-ik-zo-vaak-vlieg/

She is no longer a member of the Royal House (as she was when Beatrix was queen), but she is still in the line of succession to the Dutch throne (and currently fifth in line actually).

I believe that both raising money for Palestine and, even more so, joining the extinction rebellion are controversial.

That is really sad that she isn't showing any empathy with Amalia. But, she is a completely selfcentered, maybe even narcissitic young woman.
Worst of all IMO that her parents don't put a stop to this. I have read somewhere that her mother even is supporting her in all her silly activities.

Laurentien seems like a supportive mother, but maybe a bit tone deaf when it comes to guiding her children toward more dignified, less controversial choices.

Laurentien seems like a supportive mother, but maybe a bit tone deaf when it comes to guiding her children toward more dignified, less controversial choices.

Eloise is 21 years old, so it could very well be that her parents (I don't think that responsibility only lies with her mother) are nudging her towards different choices in private in some areas (while they fully approve of others), however, in the end it is up to Eloise to decide for herself.

The MyLimaLima seems a shared initiative by Laurentien, Eloise and Thomas Latcham. On their website Laurentien is presented as the 'idea founder' with Eloise and Thomas as the co-founders. So, it seems that Laurentien came up with the idea and Eloise and a friend liked it and are now running it.

Edit: The FAQS confirm that it was indeed Laurentiens idea and she approached both Eloise and Thomas.

My Lima Lima was invented by Laurentien van Oranje out of frustration and awareness. A deep frustration that charities often lack hand money so that they cannot or cannot give people generous, dignified and trusting support, while they know that this is precisely what can bring about so much positive things. And during corona times she became more aware of clothes she no longer wore. She started reading about it and learned that this is the case with about 71% of people. All those valuable things that hang in (too) full cupboards while so much good can be done with them! All unused 'capital'! What if she would not only take a critical look at her own closet, but also encourage others to donate their most beautiful clothes that are not (longer) worn to support charities in a way that is not yet happening?

Laurentien discussed the idea with design expert Thomas Latcham, with whom she has worked for a long time, and her enterprising daughter Eloise, who has a great passion for sustainable fashion. In January 2023, they tested the idea among customers of the renowned clothing store Hardies in The Hague. In the following weeks, many women immediately brought all their beautiful garments to Hardies, which immediately became the first Hub. The Kids Rights and Everyday People foundations also endorsed My Lima Lima's vision on donating.

When the opportunity came up to open a first space, Laurentien, Thomas and Eloise took the leap of faith. A unique concept took shape through a collaboration of three mission-driven social entrepreneurs, each with their own strengths and roles. Thomas and Eloise focus on expanding the store concept and Laurentien on the philanthropic side of My Lima Lima.

For those considering shopping at My Lima Lima; they are open on Thursday, Friday and Saturday and Laurentien and Eloise are among the volunteers that will be in the 'space' to sell items (they refuse the use the word store).

Last edited:
Eloise is 21 years old, so it could very well be that her parents (I don't think that responsibility only lies with her mother) are nudging her towards different choices in private in some areas (while they fully approve of others), however, in the end it is up to Eloise to decide for herself.

The MyLimaLima seems a shared initiative by Laurentien, Eloise and Thomas Latcham. On their website Laurentien is presented as the 'idea founder' with Eloise and Thomas as the co-founders. So, it seems that Laurentien came up with the idea and Eloise and a friend liked it and are now running it.

Edit: The FAQS confirm that it was indeed Laurentiens idea and she approached both Eloise and Thomas.

For those considering shopping at My Lima Lima; they are open on Thursday, Friday and Saturday and Laurentien and Eloise are among the volunteers that will be in the 'space' to sell items (they refuse the use the word store).

Eloise may be 21, but I imagine that her parents have considerable influence over her, especially her finances. Besides, she has been making poor -- or at least undignified -- choices for several years, going back to when she was a teen.

I agree with you about the need for both parents to influence her, but my comment was noting that Laurentine seems far more involved in Eloise's "adventures" than Constantijn does. (This store is a good example.)

Eloise says she has been enjoying her 'last days' in the Netherlands. She will be going to the United States to do an internship in New York. He friends organised a goodbye party.

For most of March it has fortunately been quiet around her. I imagine she must have been aware she had been overexposed.

The last 'slide' on her Instagram post includes a video of her room in Amsterdam - for those wondering what it looks like: very much like any other student; a small room that fits a bed and some other furniture but not much more.

Isn't it funny when AI mixes things up? This is what Bing spontaneously told me when I looked for information/pictures on Märtha Louise at the christening of countess Leonore:

Princess Märtha Louise attended the Christening of Countess Leonore in the Netherlands, accompanied by her daughters. The event took place on October 8, 2006. However, it’s important to note that Countess Leonore is actually a member of the Swedish royal family, not the Dutch royal family.

The true Christening of Princess Leonore occurred in Sweden. She is the daughter of Princess Madeleine and Christopher O’Neill. The ceremony took place at the Royal Chapel of Drottningholm Palace outside Stockholm on June 8, 2014. This date coincided with both Pentecost and the first wedding anniversary of Princess Madeleine and Mr. O’Neill.

It’s fascinating to witness these royal traditions and celebrations, where history and family intersect in meaningful ways. 🌟👑

Eloise is apparently living in a 60 sq. meter apartment for a price of 3650 dollars a month,.

Eloise is apparently living in a 60 sq. meter apartment for a price of 3650 dollars a month,.

I think that's about normal for New York, although it depends on what neighborhood she's in.

She probably would have gotten a better deal if it were still New Amsterdam! :cool:

Back
Top Bottom