Eloise, Claus-Casimir and Leonore, News and Pictures 2: 2023 -

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Countess Eloise attended the Coca-Cola 3000 Launch at P61 Gallery & Blackhole Exhibition in Berlin, Germany yesterday, September 13:

** gettyimages gallery ** ppe gallery **

Nice.But,it is about time she grows up and is more aware her " wider family " is under close scrutiny of asocial media ,especially Dutch NOS,and her behaviour doesn't really help improve their image despite ALL the work and efforts on the wider families side

In the interview Eloise confirms that her father is very smart (he knows all the answers when they watch a famous Dutch quiz show on tv) and ver driven / passionate as well.

In the interview Eloise confirms that her father is very smart (he knows all the answers when they watch a famous Dutch quiz show on tv) and ver driven / passionate as well.

I think that is one of the strengths of the Oranjes who don't occupy the throne, Constantijn and the late Friso, very clever but keeping their mouths shut.
Eloise strikes me as very shallow and not really understanding the impact on media scrutiny on the family as a whole. All this careless talk to make herself interesting might bring a lot of unwarranted interest along.

Eloise has started her own company. The is 'very excited' about it in the announcement on instagram.

https://grazia.nl/artikel/554253/eloise-van-oranje-begint-eigen-bedrijf/

The company is called My Lima Lima, and tries to raise money for charity by collecting 'pre-loved' (2nd hand?) clothes and selling it.

She started the company with a person named Thomas -no last name given.

https://www.mylimalima.com/

According to the article in Grazia his full name is Thomas Latcham.

Nice.But,it is about time she grows up and is more aware her " wider family " is under close scrutiny of asocial media ,especially Dutch NOS,and her behaviour doesn't really help improve their image despite ALL the work and efforts on the wider families side

Social media is not real life

I understand the concern but she’s just being herself. She’s not even part of the Royal House. Her actions has no bearing at all. She’s just happens to be a daughter of a Prince.

I understand the concern but she’s just being herself. She’s not even part of the Royal House. Her actions has no bearing at all. She’s just happens to be a daughter of a Prince.

She might not be part of the royal house, she is still 5th in line to the throne (of a rather short line of succession of 8). If anything were to happen to the king and his immediate family, she would end up the heir.

She isn't part of the Royal House? Isn't she somewhere in line of succession?
I am not sure that her actions have "no bearing at all".
Would she have gotten so much attention on social media if she was just a nobody? I hate to say it, but IMO she is not very attractive, posing on the beach , wearing silly dresses etc.
There are hundreds of other young women who could that do better.
And, still, she will always being considered belonging to the Royal Dutch Family, and they are being much more watched than those who are not royal.
Look at the daughters of Märtha Louise in Norway, they seem to be going the same route.
Sure, they can all do what they want to do, but they are still more in the focus of attention and criticism than others. And just for that reason they might consider it and better chose for what issues they are promoting themselves. I think if it was some charity event or something to help underprivileged people they would have a better image.

How fair is it to stress that someone is not royal, they receive nothing from the government and have no duties or obligations and are expected to build lives as private citizens... and yet must conduct themselves according to some invisible code due to the exceptionally remote possibility that they might succeed? It can't go both ways.

I will keep maintaining Eloise may be tacky according to some, but nothing she is doing is wrong. That's the bargain and she didn't make it.

Why is the unrelenting criticism always about Eloise and never about Bernhard Jr?

How fair is it to stress that someone is not royal, they receive nothing from the government and have no duties or obligations and are expected to build lives as private citizens... and yet must conduct themselves according to some invisible code due to the exceptionally remote possibility that they might succeed? It can't go both ways.

I will keep maintaining Eloise may be tacky according to some, but nothing she is doing is wrong. That's the bargain and she didn't make it.

Why is the unrelenting criticism always about Eloise and never about Bernhard Jr?

is he a lot on social media, promoting his body, looks, taking part in cheap TV shows? I didn't know that... What did he do to earn criticism? Maybe some Dutch members can enlighten me.

I don't think it is unfair that in their behavior they take their position as close family of the monarch into account. Just like they take advantage of that position either by the publicity they get (if they desire that) or because of the many connections in high society they have because of it.

While this topic is not about Prince Bernhard, I am not sure why you seem to think that he doesn't receive criticism. He receives plenty of it in the Dutch (social) media. Any item related to real estate magnets or anything to do with the GP in Zandvoort is bound to include a dig at prince Bernhard. So, both receive their criticism based on the decisions they make (and so far, it doesn't seem to bother them that much as they continue their lives as before). The difference, however, is that prince Bernhard does not actively seek publicity (other than for his charity-related activities such as De Hollandse 100) while Eloise does (to promote herself).

While this topic is not about Prince Bernhard, I am not sure why you seem to think that he doesn't receive criticism. He receives plenty of it in the Dutch (social) media. Any item related to real estate magnets or anything to do with the GP in Zandvoort is bound to include a dig at prince Bernhard. So, both receive their criticism based on the decisions they make (and so far, it doesn't seem to bother them that much as they continue their lives as before). The difference, however, is that prince Bernhard does not actively seek publicity (other than for his charity-related activities such as De Hollandse 100) while Eloise does (to promote herself).

There's another difference, too: Bernhard is no longer in the succession. (Neither of them is in the royal house.)

While I understand her desire (and wish her a good time during her internship in New York), she fully did this to herself. I am quite sure that her brother and sister can go about their lives normally - both in the Netherlands and abroad.

Last edited:
Oh please! She sounds like she wants to have her cake and eat it too.

She created her publicity. She loves it and thrives on it. I guarantee you she will be making appearances and videos ...etc whilst in New York. She can't help herself!

Perhaps she should ask some tips from her brother and sister, who for now seem to manage pretty well in staying unknown ;).

The whole thing is not very credible considering she has been seeking publicity for years and she is saying it in an interview to a magazine. A magazine where she posed to be on the cover of. Although she is a friendly girl, she is not an intellectual heavy weight so the irony of her statement perhaps escapes her. Let's hope she will be able to learn a lot during her internship in the United States.

Eloise posted a tiktok video to show solidarity with Palestina.

https://www.ad.nl/show/gravin-elois...-te-laat-om-er-geld-mee-op-te-halen~a94ce0b5/

The goal was to raise money to address the humanitarian crisis in Gaza. If more than 200.000 people use a special filter on the social media app, tiktok will pay 12800 Euros to its creator. The creator of this filter said the money would be donated. However, Eloise's action had no effect as the 200.000 mark had already been reached.

Had Eloise been a member of the royal house this would have been controversial. Thank goodness that she is not. Making the other grandchildren only counts certainly was a wise forsight of Queen Beatrix, however I regretted it at the time.

In addition Eloise said in her Linda interview that she wants to join the cause Extinction Rebellion, an activist movement against climate change that has been blocking highways in the West of the country as a form of protest. Again a controversial issue no member of the royal house could ever have said. At the same time she does admit she flies a lot.... and although she had 'vliegschaamte' (shame of flying) in the beginning of the year, that is no longer the case now, though she still feels bad about it. She is 21 years of course but this never ending blabbing in public does not reflect well on the family IMO.

The Mediacourant has a poll with the question: 'Eloise a tiresome girl?' 94% voted 'Yes'.

https://www.mediacourant.nl/2024/01...tinction-rebellion-baal-dat-ik-zo-vaak-vlieg/

Last edited:
How I concur with the Mediacourant Poll ;)

People aren’t happy with her at all. I guess this is the issue of being linked to Royalty and having opinions. She is allowed those opinions, she is a private citizen.But somehow she is not. I would stick to second hand clothes and glitzy events if I was her.

https://i.ibb.co/SwsdkSc/IMG-0414.png

Last edited by a moderator:
Press agency ANP contacted L'Oréal to see if they will cut ties with Eloise. The company says that the countess is free to share her opinion with her followers and they have no plans in that direction.

Last night she was critisized in the daily talkshow 'Oranjewinter' on SBS6. Pundit Rutger van Castricum said that the countess is talking nonsense all of the time.

https://www.telegraaf.nl/video/1865...r-eloise-van-oranje-zo-n-onzin-wat-eruit-komt

Even royalty watcher Rick Evers (who was the first to notice the differences between the Dutch and English versions of Scobie's recent book) noticed the contradiction about the countess wish for privacy while sharing everything on social media.

Last edited:
The environment and anonimity will have to wait a bit more it seems: Css Eloise is on skiing trip to the Alps -the second one of the year. The trip is sponsored by a brand of ski glasses. The Css shared a video of an après-ski party.

https://twitter.com/RickEversRoyal

https://www.rtl.nl/boulevard/royalty/artikel/5428603/eloise-van-oranje-apres-ski-gemist

--
With the RF still enjoying the usual winter-absence, the only Dutch royalty news on the entertainment websites is about Eloise. For example RTL Boulevard so far has 5 articles/items about Eloise in the new year and only two about the rest of the RF (Plans for King's Day and the agenda for the year 2024). At Noordeinde they must realise that the influencer- related omnipresence of the Css does have its effects on the image of the RF in general.

Last edited:

Anonimously?..Is she now?...She is doing the exact opposite in a very very obnoxious manner at present.
Too much, she is too much. She is to be told off,having no inkling whatshowever that she is part of a family that Reigns our country.And the simplexes gigantica in NL see her as an example why the Monarchy could be abolished, God forbid!!

Constantine & Laurentien,tell her off, she has to back off!
No she can not do what she wants with HM as an uncle to be aware of,NO,Not in your family.
No,I am not sorry,she had taken all this [...] way way too far,cut it out!
No emphaty at all with her niece, who can not even attend university in a normal way.

Last edited by a moderator:
Anonimously?..Is she now?...She is doing the exact opposite in a very very obnoxious manner at present.
Too much, she is too much. She is to be told off,having no inkling whatshowever that she is part of a family that Reigns our country.And the simplexes gigantica in NL see her as an example why the Monarchy could be abolished, God forbid!!

Constantine & Laurentien,tell her off, she has to back off!
No she can not do what she wants with HM as an uncle to be aware of,NO,Not in your family.
No,I am not sorry,she had taken all this [...] way way too far,cut it out!
No emphaty at all with her niece, who can not even attend university in a normal way.

That is really sad that she isn't showing any empathy with Amalia. But, she is a completely selfcentered, maybe even narcissitic young woman.
Worst of all IMO that her parents don't put a stop to this. I have read somewhere that her mother even is supporting her in all her silly activities.

Back
Top Bottom