Duchess of Cambridge Jewels 3: January 2016 -

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Indeed. Seems the brooch, necklace and earrings are all part of the same set.
My guess is that they are 2+2. Earrings and ring from Balenciaga (with the stones around the sides of the pearls) and the brooch and necklace (with the stones between and more sparse). My guess is that the brooch and necklace might be McQueen since both were introduced together with McQueen outfits. But this is just speculation on my part.

Those are fakes though right?

LaRae

I remember that brooch from awhile back, she wore it with a gorgeous silvery brocade suit at - I think - the Queen's 88th birthday celebration.

It looks like today Catherine is wearing the pearl drop earrings she wore to the Spanish state banquet. These were previously used by Diana.

It looks like today Catherine is wearing the pearl drop earrings she wore to the Spanish state banquet. These were previously used by Diana.
I think these today have bigger, more barock styled pearls than those. I'm really curious on todays earrings and new brooch.

Very nice touch of wearing her mother-in-laws pearl earrings and her grandmother-in-laws pear Brooch. Catherine is exploring the family jewels. It's what we wanted her to do from the beginning.

I guess it just take time to get used to the Majesty of the royal jewels. It took Crown Princess Mary a minute to get used to and appreciate the family jewels too.

Catherine's outfit today was just perfect, I could not believe how beautiful that coatdress was, what a great job in designing and making it to fit to perfection. From the hat which I just loved to the gorgeous jewelry and shoes and purse, she really pulled this off big time. Catherine has IMO finally found her way in dressing for any occasion that is required of her. Now I hope we see this coat dress sometime again in the future for putting it in storage would be such a waste.

IMO, Catherine has been appropriately dressed for virtually every occasion since the day the engagement was announced.

IMO, Catherine has been appropriately dressed for virtually every occasion since the day the engagement was announced.

I absolutely agree with this. I may not like everything she has worn, but IMHO it has all been appropriate.

I agree! :flowers:
She always looks appropriate, whether or not I like what she is wearing.

Totally agree. She is always well-dressed and appropriate for the occasion. I get annoyed when people talk about what she SHOULD HAVE worn or what THEY would wear instead. Who cares. If you don't like the outfit Catherine is wearing, fine but don't be nasty about it. That's my objection. Negativity is so exhausting.

IMO the only mistake she has made with clothing was early on with the wind/skirt issue but that seems to have been corrected...been quite some time since there's been an incident.

However she's always been appropriately dressed. 90% of the time I like her clothing.

LaRae

Pranter - I was thinking much the same when I saw the Belgium photos. Catherine fumbled a bit with wind resistant skirts in the beginning, but she's not had an issue since the Australia tour.

The criticism she receives for her wardrobe now is largely hypocritical - people saying she's dressed inappropriately for events when other royals (including the Queen) have dressed similar at similar events.

Those lovely coat dresses stay put.

LaRae

She has acquired some very nice pieces.

I wish they'd shown the parure that was said to be a wedding gift from her parents; I know she wore the earrings on the day, but I would like to view the entire set.
Not sure there is any evidence, other than the DM article, that there is a parure at all.

Not sure there is any evidence, other than the DM article, that there is a parure at all.

I've never heard about a parure. I thought they gave her only earrings. If there are other pieces, I'm sure she would have worn them by now.

I wish newspapers would stop quoting completely unrealistic values for jewelry worn by royals. Having a friend who is in the jewelry business, I know that some of these figures are completely exaggerated. :eek:

I totally agree with you, countess felicitas. I was involved with a goldsmith for years and the actual markup of jewelry is outrageous compared to its actual value. There's a world of difference between the cost of a piece of jewelry and the actual value of a piece of jewelry.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom