Crown Princess Mette-Marit's Eveningwear Part 2: March 2009 - July 2010

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Mette-Marit wore two evening outfits in Malaysia so far:

Purple skirt and white top

Alberta Feretti Skirt (old collection)
Lovely skirt, I like all the cuts in it which looks like it has another color underneth. Doesnt look good with the white top worn.

Valentino Fall 2009 dress
ImageBam - Fast, Free Image Hosting and Photo Sharing

Love the dress and the color, looks good with the jacket which breaks the color but the jacket is a bit too long and daytime looking for the dress IMO.
Love the heavy make up and the hair.

Yellow is the colour of royalty in Malay culture and is frequently worn by the royals of Brunei and Malaysia, even at weddings. It is also a sign of good luck and holds significance in most Asian cultures. The Malaysian flag features a yellow crescent and star. It is very likely that Mette-Marit chose the dress to honour her hosts which is a thoughtful gesture.

Last edited:
I like the outfit, might look even better if the jacket was shaped in at the waist, it looks "boxy" and in turn she looks boxy, Why not show off such a lovely figure?!:)

One of my favourite outfit for her since I have known her.
I really thought yellow wasn't a colour for her but I was very wrong... she is more beautiful than ever

I loved the yellow dress. Such a pretty color, and honestly I am really pleasantly surprised that someone with her light coloring can look so good in that beautiful color. I didn't care for the jacket, but overall she looked just lovely.

Yellow is the colour of royalty in Malay culture and is frequently worn by the royals of Brunei and Malaysia, even at weddings. It is also a sign of good luck and holds significance in most Asian cultures. The Malaysian flag features a yellow crescent and star. It is very likely that Mette-Marit chose the dress to honour her hosts which is a thoughtful gesture.
That was thoughtful of Mette-Marit. I think the design of the purple and white outfit reflects that culture as well.

Both outfits are nice. I like the embroidery detail on her white blouse. And the shade of yellow of her dress is beautiful.

Her choices in Malaysia have been great so far. I liked the whole outfit with the A.Feretti skirt and of course, the yellow dress by Valentino. Smart and chic IMO!

I agree with Zubiaur, the cut and fit of the dress is really flattering on MM. A very classy and pretty dress.

I didn't see that link of the yellow Valentino dress before. It's nice to be able to see the whole design of the dress. I really like how it gathers in the front.

Why was Mette-Marit not walking with Haakon? Was he not there?

I liked MM's skirt more than the top too, but the overall look is indeed very elegant and regal. The amethyst tiara was the best choice IMO.

Is Haakon still in Qatar?

In Margarethe's birthday thread someone said that Haakon was in Heathrow so he couldn't fly to Copenhague

It's right. Haakon is stuck in Heathrow due to the volcano activities on Iceland.

I first wasn't sure about MM's dress... but now I actually really like it. :flowers:
It looks great in side views and I love the sleeves. Her hair is gorgeous.

Better pictures of the dress:

Full length
Side view

Last edited:
I think that it makes her older than she is, and the hairstyle is not appropiate for the tiara she is wearing.

I disagree here. I think the hairdo looks great with the tiara. ;)

I dislike the top part, to bottom is very beautiful. Grey is a good color on her.

I think MM looked really beautiful. Top part of dress could have used a little something, maybe a brooch or some chiffon, but her hair and makeup were flawless. Her skin is so amazing!!

It's right. Haakon is stuck in Heathrow due to the volcano activities on Iceland.

I first wasn't sure about MM's dress... but now I actually really like it. :flowers:
It looks great in side views and I love the sleeves. Her hair is gorgeous.

Better pictures of the dress:

Full length
Side view

I like it much better now that I've seen the side view pic that you provided. She looks lovely.

I like this dress on Mette-Marit it is a style that she wears quite abit. The skirt with the petal detail is quite lovely and the amethyst tiara is very nice with this dress

I'm afraid that this dress isn't my cup of tea at all. But it looks still nice from side view indeed. Her hairdo is gorgeous. :flowers:

That dress is quite lovely ! She is really beautiful !

I like it. It's very unique and the contrasting colors are nice. Her tiara is one of my all time favorites.

Crown Princess Mette-Marit did a wonderful job of pulling off the dress. It was overly busy to my taste (ruffles on sleeves and appliqué on a skirt) though. The make up and updo were flawless.

I really love this dress. The sleeves are simple & elegant, the skirt of the dress is fun & elegant. She is absolutely stunning. Her makeup & hair are gorgeous.

Something about the overall of the outfit worked lovely.
The skirt is quite flattering, great color and great detailing going on. The white top worked with the skirt. I cant imagine any other top to look good with it, if she had used the same skirt fabric it would've been too much and if she used the skirt color in organza for the top it would've looked wrong.

Love the make up & the hair, its interesting seeing the braids with a tiara but it does look very nice.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom