Crown Princess Masako Current Events Part 1: July 2005 - April 2019

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
I agree with you! But she is also pretty similar to the Crown Prince... she has kind of anything of both!

She's similar to both of her parents, I mean.

Last edited by a moderator:
Princess Masako celebrates her 46th birthday on Dec. 9, 2009.

The Imperial Household Agency today released official photos taken on Nov.22 to mark her birthday.
1, 2, 3
Photos from Reuters.

Photo from Sankei news
2 : Photo of Princess Masako entering the Imperial Palace today on Dec 9, 09 to greet the Emperor and Empress.

Article from Japan Today
Crown Princess turns 46

Crown Princess Masako, who continues to limit her official duties due to a stress-induced illness, celebrated her 46th birthday Wednesday and vowed to continue her efforts to recover from the illness. ‘‘I would like to continue my efforts to recover with the help of people around me,’’ the crown princess said in a statement released through the Imperial Household Agency........
Crown Princess turns 46 › Japan Today: Japan News and Discussion

A link to a video released by the Imperial Household Agency

Last edited:
Happy birthday to her imperial highness crown princess masako of japan!!!

I hope Masako had a nice birthday even if it was a quiet one.

Masako seems happier than Ive seen her in some time....good for her!

Masako indeed looks happy and it is a wonderful sight. The whole family looks happy actually, the crown prince especially.

Princess Masako looks happier than she's ever been before. Sounds like she had a nice quiet birthday.

Will she ever completely recover from "stressed-induced illness" living under such rigid environment? I'm beginning to seriously doubt it....P Masako had so much to offer but she's kept a wall flower at the palace.

I truly hope she breaks the chain and show the world what she's made of and capable of....a very very belated Happy Birthday from South Korea~

The Crown Princess Masako had accompanied her daughter Princess Aiko during the lunch with the Imperial couple on March 18th.
Mainichi Daily News

I'm wondering if Aiko is thinking that if she says she's having anxiety, she'll get special treatment just like Masako and not have have to go to school..

:previous:
It is impossible to determine what Princess Aiko thinks as well as assert that Princess Aiko tries to emulate her mother's behaviour. Furthermore, Crown Princess Masako has not got any special treatment. Following the IHA's advise, she has withdrawn from the public life and undertakes official engagements when her health allows her to do so.

Furthermore, Crown Princess Masako has not got any special treatment.
According to the Crown Princess's doctors statement issued in February 2010 HIH the Crown Princess had had a few courses of special treatment (anxiolytics and antipsychotics) during the seven years period of her illness. According the doctors no special treatment for HIH is required at this moment.
Please see the Crown Princess Masako thread on this forum for further information.

:previous:
I was not talking about special medical treatments prescribed to Crown Princess Masako by her doctors. What I have meant is that Crown Princess Masako has not any undeserved special treatment in terms of doing her job as a member of the Imperial family. In other words, she has got a lighter workload because she is ill, but not because she pretends to have a medical condition.

... because she pretends to have a medical condition.
Dearest Al_bina,
of course the Crown Princess is ill as it had been confirmed by Kunaicho, and she never had being pretending. This medical condition is very difficult to diagnose and dozen times more difficult to cure.
As for me, I'm very sorry for HIH the Crown Princess.

According to the Crown Princess's doctors statement issued in February 2010 HIH the Crown Princess had had a few courses of special treatment (anxiolytics and antipsychotics) during the seven years period of her illness. According the doctors no special treatment for HIH is required at this moment.
It sounds like the Crown Princess is getting better then, which is good. :)

Dearest Al_bina,
of course the Crown Princess is ill as it had been confirmed by Kunaicho, and she never had being pretending. This medical condition is very difficult to diagnose and dozen times more difficult to cure.
As for me, I'm very sorry for HIH the Crown Princess.
It would be most kind of you to read my post once again. :flowers:

In response to PomMon12's message (see post #192), I tried to say the following. Crown Princess Masako is ill and undergoes medical treatment for her condition. Thus, her workload as a member of the Imperial family is lighter. Crown Princess Masako does not enjoy any undeserved special treatment. It is absolutely wrong to assume that Princess Aiko tries to emulate Crown Princess Masako's behaviour in order to get a special treatment.

I hope my wording is clear now.

Imperial Adjustments
An article in The New York Times about the Crown Princess' situation.

I think it was posted on another board that the Crown Prince will be attending Victoria's wedding alone .:sad: Not sure if any further details are available or if anyone else has insight.

From the Glittering Royal Events message board:
[FONT=verdana, arial]The Japanese Embassy in Stockholm has confirmed that the Crown Prince of Japan will (alone) attend the Swedish royal wedding. [/FONT]

The Crown Princess turns 47

Crown Princess Masako marked her 47th birthday Thursday and said she is relieved to find her daughter, Princess Aiko, enjoying elementary school after her difficulties earlier this year.
The medical team for the Crown Prince's household also released a statement saying Princess Masako, who continues to receive treatment for a stress-induced illness, is "steadily recovering," although she remains unstable both physically and mentally.
The Crown Princess has carried out a limited number of official duties while she continues to accompany Aiko, her only child with Crown Prince Naruhito, to school. - Japan Times

Official photoset released by Kunaicho
**Pic 1** **Pic 2** **Pic 3** **Pic 4** - Reuters, AP via daylife

The Crown Princess arrives at Imperial Palace on December 9th 2010

**Pic** - AP via daylife

Thanks for the photos!
Crown Princess Masako looked happy and relaxed. The full support of Crown Prince Naruhito and Princess Aiko tremendously contributes to the recovery of Crown Princess Masako's mental and physical conditions.

Last edited:
Yes, thanks for posting these photos Kasumi! Crown Princess Masako does indeed look well - and the family now have a cat!

She looks wonderful! Glad to hear that Aiko is doing well in school also. Thanks for the pix!:flowers:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom