Crown Princess Mary's Eveningwear Part 5: September 2009 - January 2010

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
I really like this gown and the black bow. Imagine if you will this worn with the royal ruby brooch and earrings!! Stunning

She looks glamorous and elegant.It is a romantic dress,and the black bow is perfect as a contrast,because white and black is an elegant combination:flowers:

I don't know about this dress, i don't like the dress but i like it on Mary. :ermm::)

isn't like a pale pink?

I like the dress, but I agree that it would be nicer without the black bow. It looks rather stange on this gown. The shape of the dress is especially beautiful, I quite like the rufles on the skirt and the waist shase/belt. The top part isn´t so good, IMO, but overall a quite nice gown.
And about the Quenn dress, well, it´s a short dress, but the fabric and shape looks like a gala one, so I don´t think she´s underdressed. Just IMO :flowers:

Hmmm, this dress reminds me the Queen's style.
It's nice if not this bow...

The gown is gorgeous! I like it the way it is, with the black bow :flowers:
Mary looks so radiant!

I agree. It's hard to see how heavy the black bow fabric is. I'm sure the dress is sublime in person but difficult to translate in a photograph. Mary looks amazing. I love keeping up with her changing outfits everyday during the Vietnam visit.

Better view of the bow.:flowers:
Picture details

I wish we could see better her hair style, to dark to see
Another view of the hairstyle
Picture details

Love Mary's "etheral feeling" gown. Just stunning.

I love the dress, but think she is a bit overdressed compared to the Queen, she would suit well at the Oscars in an outfit like this. The other thing I noticed that she has worn two quite revealing outfits, e.g off the shoulder...is this suited for a country like Vietnam? Is there protocol around how much flesh can be revealed?

If you look at the photos of the other women who attended the Return dinner...they were all dressed just as formally as CP Mary (i.e. long, formal gowns)...so I don't think she looked out of place. :)
http://www.polfoto.dk/polfoto/app/?wicket:interface=:5:2:::
I also would not call the dresses worn by CP Mary 'revealing'...it is not as if she showed cleavage. And there has been no outcry about the dresses worn by CP Mary. If they had been...I'm sure it would have been mentioned in the media that she had dressed controversially!:flowers:

Well, remaid or new, I love the new one and never really liked the old one, felt it was far too old for her.
this is far more age-appropriate IMO adn stunning witht he earrings

The old one never fit her as well as this one does.

The black bow takes the dress from ordinary to amazing. Without it, it would be a plain dress. I think that if it wasn't there, we would be saying the dress was nothing special. It's the bow we are all talking about.

Last edited by a moderator:
The black bow takes the dress from ordinary to amazing. Without it, it would be a plain dress. I think that if it wasn't there, we would be saying the dress was nothing special. It's the bow we are all talking about.

So true! That makes the whole gown. It would be a lovely gown without it, but that little extra just puts it over the top. Her gown from the night before was amazing with the new neckline. She has looked so beautiful on this visit. I cannot wait until she wears these new creations at home with all the wonderful jewelry. It will be something to behold for sure then.

So true! That makes the whole gown. It would be a lovely gown without it, but that little extra just puts it over the top. Her gown from the night before was amazing with the new neckline. She has looked so beautiful on this visit. I cannot wait until she wears these new creations at home with all the wonderful jewelry. It will be something to behold for sure then.

Gosh -- Mary is absolutely stunning in both evening gowns -- a quiet elegance that is very confident as well. Did you notice Frederick giving Mary the once over behind her back in one of the pictures? So cute. I look forward to some serious jewels matching the new creations, as you suggest. I am puzzled that the Princes wore what looked like business suits which looked a bit jarring compared to the evening gowns the women wore. Interesting.....

Did you notice Frederick giving Mary the once over behind her back in one of the pictures? So cute. I.....
Yes, it was a quite funny look :) - there was an unspoken - 'not bad. Not bad at all....' about him :D

If you look at the photos of the other women who attended the Return dinner...they were all dressed just as formally as CP Mary (i.e. long, formal gowns)...so I don't think she looked out of place. :)
Polfoto - Når ord ikke er nok ...
I also would not call the dresses worn by CP Mary 'revealing'...it is not as if she showed cleavage. And there has been no outcry about the dresses worn by CP Mary. If they had been...I'm sure it would have been mentioned in the media that she had dressed controversially!:flowers:

The Vietnamese ladies wore "Ao dai" (means long dress). It's the traditional dress of Vietnam and they wear it everywhere for formal occasions. They just change the fabric for more expensive one for more formal occasions. Some of the 'ao dai' are quite revealing these days - off shoulders, see-through, etc. So you can't compare the length of the dresses and the revealingness of the dress that way. However, I think QM and Mary should agree with each other re the length on a formal dinner like this.
BTW, I'm Vietnamese myself that's why I know.
I'm quite amazed at how 'cool' QM and Mary looked in the last few days in the tropical heat!

Both dresses worn by CP Mary are lovely.
I particularly love the one with blue lace.Mary looks stuning in it.
She looks like a true princess.
If I were Danish,I will be proud to be represented by such an elegant and sublime princess.

I love the blue lace dress. It is gorgeous in this new style. I like it much better with this cut than the first time that she wore it. The beige (peach? white?) dress is okay. I like the black bow, but I'm not crazy about the way it fits her on top. It looks a bit big, and I think that it would have looked better without the ruffle on the top.

Lovely gown, better than the gown she wore for Joachim and Marie's wedding. The bow is good addition.
I love the hairstyle, radiant make-up. Mary knows how to make a good impression.

She looks so lovely in the close-up:

Picture details

I like these soft colours of her outfit combined with the red polished nails, her make-up is wonderful and I love the earrings. :flowers:

The top from the concert is really lovely :flowers:
I also like her earrings and ring.

I loved this romantic blouse with the white pants. The jewels were all lovely, too!

I can't remember seeing Mary with nail polish before. I think it looks good.

She looks gorgeous. Fred seems to agree:)

I can't remember seeing Mary with nail polish before. I think it looks good.

A very few occasions...I love the red.

I absolutely adore her outfits in Vietnam, especially the off-the-shoulder tiered dress. So regal and elegant! I usually don't like tiered dresses (they end up looking like wedding cakes) but Mary has the figure for it.

CP Mary looked like a premadonna ballerina in her tiered pale pink off the shoulder dress with the black bow- I loved it!!! She manages to look sexy with restraint! Her hair and jewels were perfect.

The concert outfit was posh indeed, I loved Mary's arms draped around Frederik-that was a sweet and tender moment shared between husband and wife.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom