Crown Princess Mary, Current Events Part 15: September 2021 - January 2024

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Last edited by a moderator:
:previous: Mary looks fantastic!

More on the meeting
"Climate and green transition were on the agenda as Her Royal Highness the Crown Princess today attended a meeting with the Crown Princess Mary Center's Advisory Committee.
The Knowledge Center's advisory body discussed, among other things, how Crown Princess Mary Center can create a more sustainable society through new and original partnerships, including focusing on the commitment of each citizen and role in the green transition."

Crown Princess Mary met with the Director General of the United Nations Environment Organization (UNEP), Inger Andersen today, March 29.

"UNEP is at the forefront of putting biodiversity and nature protection on the agenda among the UN's 193 member states. At the meeting, the Crown Princess received, among other things, a briefing on the organisation's work for a binding, global agreement on the elimination of plastic pollution, in which Denmark is a significant player"

** instagram post **

It is great that we get some pictures from these type of meetings. Always welcomed :flowers:

An upcoming trip for Mary was just announced.
https://www.kongehuset.dk/en/news/hrh-the-crown-princess-visits-milan-on-17-april-2023
"Danish design is the focal point when H.K.H. The Crown Princess on 17 April 2023 will start a business promotion in Milan with the opening of the exhibition "This is Denmark"."

"H.K.H. The Crown Princess is at the head of the push, which has the participation of a total of 17 Danish companies. Together with the organizations Dansk Industri, Creative Denmark and the Danish Embassy in Rome, the companies participate in the exhibition "This is Denmark". The exhibition focuses on Danish design and takes place in connection with Milan Design Week 2023, which is the world's largest annual furniture and design event.

Danish design solutions, which are created based on proud Danish craft traditions, are in great demand both at home and abroad. Sustainability and innovative nature-based solutions in this connection are therefore often central when the Crown Princess participates in business promotion internationally. On 17 April 2023, Her Royal Highness will open the Danish exhibition "This is Denmark", which aims to raise awareness of Danish design and sustainability in order to promote Danish exports.

Afterwards, the Crown Princess will give a speech and participate in a round table discussion under the heading "New European Bauhaus Project - DESIRE, Designing the Irresistible Circular Society" with the participation of leading thinkers in urban development and design. The Bauhaus school was established more than 100 years ago and radically changed the way of building in the West with increased quality of life for the general population. The new European Bauhaus also has an ambition to create change by making construction sustainable.

In the evening, the Crown Princess attends a dinner organized by Creative Denmark. During the push, Her Royal Highness will be accompanied by Business Minister Morten Bødskov.

In 2021, the Crown Princess also spearheaded a Danish push in Milan, which focused on Danish traditions within the creative professions and at the same time aimed to promote awareness of Danish architecture and design companies' focus on sustainability and green solutions."

Milan of course being one of the design-hubs of Europe.

Good to see Mary again and good that she is promoting Danish design. The competition in Italy is hard! So every little asset we have, in this case Mary, helps.

I will say....for having a completely empty official DRF calendar, Mary sure has had 3 very busy days! Interesting. Four quite important meetings (patronages, the CP Mary Center Advisory Committee and the UNEG) in 3 days! Imagine all the things we don't even get info on that she's possibly done during March!

I don't know how she does it, she still looks gorgeous even with glasses.

I had difficulty understanding her English, she has a very thick danish accent now. There's no trace of her Aussie accent. :D

The DRF YouTube channel has posted the video of Mary's speech at the AMR event. She gave her speech in English.

Mary is a great public speaker. She has such a pleasant voice that is clear and projects. She effectively communicates the message of her speech. Her elocution is excellent and you can understand every word she says. She projects well and doesn't mumble her words.

You can also tell she practices as she does not have to look down at her notes every other word.

And love her accent. It is this hybrid of European and Australian which is lovely. Reminds me of her dad's also unique accent combo of Scottish and Australian.

Milan is one of the absolute design and fashion capitals of the world. And of course this is so much about money.

The fashion industry alone, constitute no less than 5 % of the total Danish export of goods. So we are talking serious money here!
In the aftermath of Corona Danish export of fashion experienced a record year in 2022. The total export of fashion rose by 29 % from 2021, which was a very good year (people were bored and sat at home shopping for the money they couldn't spend.) to 2022, which was an even better year.
The main market is EU which we export 81 % of our fashion products to, with Germany being the biggest market. However Poland is the biggest market for shoes.
And that's just shoes and clothes. To that comes a booming design industry, furnitures ( a major export) to all sorts of what we call nips i.e. from utensils to weather stations.
The Italians have a well-earned reputation for being conscious about their appearance, and that applies both genders and inbetween.

The fashion industry is a huge source of pollution world-wide and this where the green agenda comes in. With DK pushing for more sustainable solutions and recycling - not least because we have a a lot of know-how in that area. So the more green the fashion industry becomes, the more money. Because the writing has long since been on the wall. Those companies and businesses that does not go green, preferably yesterday, will be out tomorrow.
As said before our biggest market is Germany, where recycling is a national pass-time! There "greener products" is a crucial sales-argument.

I know, I know, this is pretty dry and boring. But it is important to point out that Mary really is doing an important job. The chairmen of the board in Danish Industry would happily carry Mary in a sedan-chair all the way from Copenhagen to Milan and back!

So this is not just about Mary looking smashing and being photographed doing just that.

Thank you Muhler, it is indeed an important visit.
DRF from the dinner
https://www.instagram.com/p/CrK7om7Ab_i/

A very important visit that did not get the coverage it needed nor deserved as per usual where Mary (and Frederik's) events/engagements are concerned in the last couple of years. Given the circumstances I don't expect that to change.

Oh, it was covered. In the business sections.

But being business coverage they tend to focus a lot more on what's the background and purpose of the visit, than Mary herself.

Oh, it was covered. In the business sections.

But being business coverage they tend to focus a lot more on what's the background and purpose of the visit, than Mary herself.

Which publication posted about it that I could use Google translate on? The coverage of BB and (as per usual) the DRF social media was abysmal. They could not muster even a single short video of Mary' speech.

Thanks.

The BB article says Mary returned home from Australia Saturday.
As I type this it's 16:30 Sunday,
I'm amazed she doesn't look like a zombie.

Eml

It would have been good for Frederik and Mary to have had some time with their children since it was the weekend.

They have tomorrow, 1st May.

A day off for most people and as such I doubt they will be at the office.

They have tomorrow, 1st May.

A day off for most people and as such I doubt they will be at the office.

There was a public audience held today, May 1st.
Judging from some facebook posts, it was Frederik who was present today.
"I dag sagde hun tak for fortjenestemedaljen til Kronprins Frederik som hun har modtaget efter 50 års tro tjeneste i Spar Nord"

Sadly no pics per usual.:flowers:

This morning, May 8, Crown Princess Mary attended the "Children need arts - global summit" under the theme "How arts and culture create value
for children and society":

** tt.se gallery ** BB article: Kronprinsesse Mary fik alle til at stoppe op og fotografere **

** BB article with video: Vigtigt topmøde nær Amalienborg: Kronprinsesse Mary rørt af helt speciel modtagelse **

Later today Mary visited the Day Center Christianehøj in Søborg to mark its 50th anniversary:

** kongehuset: H.K.H. Kronprinsessen besøgte Dagcenter Christianehøj **

** BB article with video: Det havde ingen ventet: Kronprinsesse Mary bød på noget af en overraskelse **

** BB article: Nu fortæller Mary om kroningen i London: Det var meget bevægende **

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom