Crown Princess Mary, Current Events 10: September 2010 - August 2013

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
http://www.bt.dk/danmark/staaende-hyldest-fra-mary-til-kraeftsyg-kraeftlaege

From BT.

Monday evening presented the Cancer Foundation's award to doctor Torben Palshof, who has done extensive research in regards to cancer.
Alas, Torben Palshof has cancer himself.
The choice was popular, Torben Palshof recieved a very lang standing ovation and optimistically he said, when he was called on stage for the second time, because the ovation continued: "I can give my speech another time".

The article tells us that Mary wore nude Louboutin shoes.

Last edited by a moderator:
:previous:
IIRC, it is first time in her 14 years as a crown princess Mary has to cancel a event. Communications chief Lene Balleby tells that Mary today feels too sick to participate and that she most likely is hit by the flu. But she don't think it will affect Mary program further.

Journalist Ulrik Uriken from Billed Bladet said that it was clear to see that Mary was suffering from colds to her event in Copenhagen three days ago http://www.billedbladet.dk/Kongelige/ArticleFolder/2013/2/Syg%20Mary%20matte%20opgive%20job.aspx

Wishing our Mary a speedy recovery :hug:

Article from Billedbladet: (Maybe Muhler will translate? :flowers:)
http://www.billedbladet.dk/Kongelige/ArticleFolder/2013/2/Syg Mary matte opgive job.aspx

Last edited:
She's joining many others; after the first flu 'wave' before Christmas, we seem to be having a second wave right now.

Exactly. I was hard hit by the flu around Christmas, so I hope I release this time ;)

IIRC, it is first time in her 14 years as a crown princess Mary has to cancel a event. Communications chief Lene Balleby tells that Mary today feels too sick to participate and that she most likely is hit by the flu. But she don't think it will affect Mary program further.

Journalist Ulrik Uriken from Billed Bladet said that it was clear to see that Mary was suffering from colds to her event in Copenhagen three days ago Billed-Bladet - Syg kronprinsesse Mary måtte opgive job

Wishing our Mary a speedy recovery :hug:

Article from Billedbladet: (Maybe Muhler will translate? :flowers:)
Billed-Bladet - Syg kronprinsesse Mary måtte opgive job

14 years? 9 years in May, correct?:ermm:

14 years? 9 years in May, correct?:ermm:
Yes, that was my calculation too.
With 4 young children, I'm surprised Mary isn't sick more often, they bring home viruses for which adults have no immunity:sad:

Correct. I mean, of course, 9 years as a Crown Princess. Mental arithmetic has never been my specialty :p

Yes, that was my calculation too.
With 4 young children, I'm surprised Mary isn't sick more often, they bring home viruses for which adults have no immunity:sad:

But maybe she is. But Mary seems to be a very dutiful woman and I can imagine that she only cancels if she is simply unable to get up from the bed, too hoarse to speak, etc.

I remember several articles from Billed Bladet, where the journalist has reported about a sick Mary. I remember, for example, these pictures from last year

http://sphotos-b.ak.fbcdn.net/hphotos-ak-ash3/526659_446252875446482_975364926_n.jpg

Last edited:
I wish her a speedy recovery. The family are meant to go to Verbier soon and they usually give us some great photo opportunities with the children having fun in the snow. Hope HRH feels well enough by then to do that.

Crown Princess Mary and the Minister for Development Cooperation Christian Friis Bach attended the welcome reception for the international conference on global inequality at the UN city in Copenhagen yesterday evening, February 18, 2013.

** Pic 1 ** Pic 2 ** Pic 3 ** Pic 4 ** demotix.com gallery ** ppe gallery **

** pp gallery: Princesse Mary : Bien bronzée et lookée à la Maxima, de retour de Verbier **

And today, February 19, Mary attended a high-level meeting of the international conference on global inequality. The event was held at the Ministry of Foreign Affairs.

** Pic 1 ** Pic 2 ** Pic 3 ** Pic 4 **

** kongehuset.dk: H.K.H. Kronprinsessen ved højniveaumøde **

** hasseferrold.blogspot.de: GLOBAL INEQUALITY Leadership Meeting 19/2 2013, Copenhagen **

And here's a gallery of both events:

** BB: Billeder: Mary diskuterede og dansede ** translation **

Last edited:
Thank you for the pictures.
The events look interesting and Mary looked great at the two events.

Thank you so very much of the photos, Iceflower. Your work is appreciated.

Crown Princess Mary and the Minister for Development Cooperation Christian Friis Bach attended the welcome reception for the international conference on global inequality at the UN city in Copenhagen yesterday evening, February 18, 2013.

** Pic 1 ** Pic 2 ** Pic 3 ** Pic 4 ** demotix.com gallery ** ppe gallery **

** pp gallery: Princesse Mary : Bien bronzée et lookée à la Maxima, de retour de Verbier **

And today, February 19, Mary attended a high-level meeting of the international conference on global inequality. The event was held at the Ministry of Foreign Affairs.

** Pic 1 ** Pic 2 ** Pic 3 ** Pic 4 **

** kongehuset.dk: H.K.H. Kronprinsessen ved højniveaumøde **

** hasseferrold.blogspot.de: GLOBAL INEQUALITY Leadership Meeting 19/2 2013, Copenhagen **

And here's a gallery of both events:

** BB: Billeder: Mary diskuterede og dansede ** translation **

According to Billed Bladet's reporters Mary took (together with our Minister for Development Christian Friis Bach) some African dance moves together with the African dancers to the event :D

http://sphotos-g.ak.fbcdn.net/hphotos-ak-ash3/555111_456141134457656_1130674889_n.jpg
http://sphotos-e.ak.fbcdn.net/hphotos-ak-ash4/482697_456141064457663_1332152308_n.jpg

Last edited:
The diligent CP Mary will next month visit Malaysia from 27-30 May :flowers:

Press release from the Royal Court:
Google Oversæt

Article from BB:
Google Oversæt

And in next week will she travel to New York to the second meeting in High Level Task Force.

Mary must now has arrived in New York :flowers: She will participates in the rededication of Finn Juhl floor of the UN building and here is an article about it.

Google Oversæt

Thanks, Roskilde :flowers:

Let me add this video of Mary being interviewed about the renovated floor on DR1: Kronprinsessen indviede berømt sal i New York | Nyheder | DR

A translation of what she is saying will be too time consuming to do and that is not particular important anyway.
What I think should be emphasized is that Mary's Danish is brilliant. She has a distinct accent but I noticed only two or three minor grammatical mistakes. In the word "smukt", meaning beautiful. She said that "I think the hall is incredibly smukt". Where it should have been "smuk". Basically a difference between saying beautiful and beautifully. - And that can only be called a minor mistake, eh?
Also notice that her replies were quick and confident and that she spoke in normal conversation speed. Only pausing very briefly to frame her words and that is pretty normal when you have a microphone in front of you.

I'll leave any other quotes to someone else. - Now back to you, Roskilde. :)

Last edited:
I watched the interview and listened to see if I could decipher even one word from Danish. No! I am so amazed that mary has seemed to master this very difficult language.

she looks great and confident.
I like the furniture by the danish designer

thank you for all the photos :) mary looks lovely and i always like to listen to her voice, very pleasant.

do you think we will get some photos from her meetings from yesterday and today? :)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom