Crown Princess Mary, Current Events 10: September 2010 - August 2013

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
TV 2 Nyhederne - Video

From TV2 news at 19.00.

It was very much on purpose Mary was send to New York to inaugurate the new hall at UN and the furnitures there.
Danish export of designer-furnitures to USA is booming and DK has for the past couple of years been busy attracting the attention of and courting various US style-gurus. Sending Mary, who internationally speaking and without doubt is the most high-profiled member of the DRF, was another step in that campaign.

Mary is featured a few times but you can watch the clip with the sound on anyway as there is also an interview with an American seller of Danish furnitures, who is positively drooling over some chairs. :p

Last edited:
TV 2 Nyhederne - Video

From TV2 news at 19.00.

It was very much on purpose Mary was send to New York to inaugurate the new hall at UN and the furnitures there.
Danish export of designer-furnitures to USA is booming and DK has for the past couple of years been busy attracting the attention of and courting various US style-gurus. Sending Mary, who internationally speaking and without doubt is the most high-profiled member of the DRF, was another step in that campaign.

Mary is featured a few times but you wach the clip with the sound on anyway as there is also an interview with an American seller of Danish furnitures, who is positively drooling over some chairs. :p
indeed, a very entertaining and enthusiastic ambassador for Danish design: even from underneath the chairs he sells! in this context lets hope the crown princess is not subject to the same tactile experience as the furniture:lol:

heehee
my niece who works for the UN bumped into Mary whilst she was visiting there and wished her a happy Anzac Day according to my niece she loved it.

Shes still an Aussie girl at heart methinks :p

heehee
my niece who works for the UN bumped into Mary whilst she was visiting there and wished her a happy Anzac Day according to my niece she loved it.

Shes still an Aussie girl at heart methinks :p

Cool, Helenbee. :)

Let's have some more details, please.

Great story Helenbeee and agree that Mary is an Australian at heart and I guess that that is the way it always will be... she is terrific.

There are some days in Australia's public calendar that are contentious and emotional issues and should perhaps not be prefixed with the word 'Happy'...I am not an Australian history expert but I know the occassion of ANZAC day is on one hand yes, a happy day of celebration of freedoms and the sacrifices made for these freedoms but more than that is a sombre reflection on the human toll that wars have taken on our descendants and continue to take on those currently serving in conflicts overseas...I am not criticising Mary for her framing of the phrase 'Happy ANZAC Day'...I just wish there was another way to present it?

^^^^^
As I read the story it was the posters niece who wished Mary a Happy Anzac Day not the other way around.

The current "HER&NU"-Cover has another picture of CP Mary in New York (probably more inside the print edition)
http://www.herognu.com/upload/Her og Nu/2013/forsider/18_forside.jpg

Yes, 'HerogNu' followed Mary during her working days in New York last week. Mary also gave an interview about her work in 'High Level Task Force.' You can also see pictures of Mary arriving to the various meetings during her days in New York.

Cover: https://fbcdn-sphotos-f-a.akamaihd.net/hphotos-ak-ash4/229619_480138712057898_1958069173_n.jpg
Page 1+2: https://fbcdn-sphotos-d-a.akamaihd.net/hphotos-ak-ash3/482542_480138608724575_466958997_n.jpg
Page 3+4: https://fbcdn-sphotos-c-a.akamaihd.net/hphotos-ak-frc1/417955_480138522057917_1210793696_n.jpg

:previous: I see she was interviewed by Kirsten Balslev. She's one of the more serious royal reporters.

There are some days in Australia's public calendar that are contentious and emotional issues and should perhaps not be prefixed with the word 'Happy'...I am not an Australian history expert but I know the occassion of ANZAC day is on one hand yes, a happy day of celebration of freedoms and the sacrifices made for these freedoms but more than that is a sombre reflection on the human toll that wars have taken on our descendants and continue to take on those currently serving in conflicts overseas...I am not criticising Mary for her framing of the phrase 'Happy ANZAC Day'...I just wish there was another way to present it?

oh dear are you serious?????? considering her father is a vietnam vet I hardly think its anyones place to be grandstanding on a single issue of whether the word happy should have been uttered with the words anzac day. I think we can cut her some slack and see it in context the fact that she was a little awestruck and blurted it out.

PS: From all the verterans that Ive seen and my Granddad was one of them there were sombre moments but quite a lot of happiness on anzac day especially when reminiscing with mates.

Some little less starch in the wash might be helpful in sitting down :whistling:

Today, Mary received the minister for Development Christian Friis Bach and 'The Parliamentary Intergroup Network for Sexual and Reproductive Health and Rights'. :flowers:

'The Parliamentary Intergroup Network for Sexual and Reproductive Health and Rights' have put these pictures on Facebook and they write: "We were at Amalienborg today at HRH Crown Princess Mary and with the minister for Development and a number of other ministers. Thanks for a very constructive and rewarding meeting!"

Another writes: "It was exciting to participate in a roundtable discussions with the Crown Princess this morning. It was a very important issue and a very committed and very knowledgeable Crown Princess."

https://fbcdn-sphotos-h-a.akamaihd.net/hphotos-ak-snc6/284165_163540367141126_593299348_n.jpg

https://fbcdn-sphotos-c-a.akamaihd.net/hphotos-ak-ash3/945788_163540360474460_2031345134_n.jpg

https://fbcdn-sphotos-e-a.akamaihd.net/hphotos-ak-prn1/923143_163540370474459_889926283_n.jpg

Last edited:
Today, Mary received the minister for Development Christian Friis Bach and 'The Parliamentary Intergroup Network for Sexual and Reproductive Health and Rights'. :flowers:

'The Parliamentary Intergroup Network for Sexual and Reproductive Health and Rights' have put these pictures on Facebook and they write: "We were at Amalienborg today at HRH Crown Princess Mary and with the minister for Development and a number of other ministers. Thanks for a very constructive and rewarding meeting!"

Another writes: "It was exciting to participate in a roundtable discussions with the Crown Princess this morning. It was a very important issue and a very committed and very knowledgeable Crown Princess."

https://fbcdn-sphotos-h-a.akamaihd.net/hphotos-ak-snc6/284165_163540367141126_593299348_n.jpg

very important topic. thanks :flowers:
in the first picture, what is the big white thing in the middle of the table?

Last edited by a moderator:
Tea cozy. It keeps the teapot hot. There are similar clothes in black around the french presses.

That's right. You'll find them in practically every home at least here in DK.

They are excellent presents as well.

Here are two examples of a "tevarmer", as we call it here.

Something similar to the one seen at the meeting: http://2.bp.blogspot.com/-9kDoJ80ALv8/UP6fsJ7gMnI/AAAAAAAAAIs/UVIob2cyDGU/s1600/IMG_6269.JPG
- You can also knit one. That's a good way to keep granny off the streets.
http://2.bp.blogspot.com/-26WUxvlf10U/UJUyAn83KBI/AAAAAAAAEFE/6x9tNjjRWD8/s1600/IMG_7504.JPG

And because we are pretty obsessive in regards to candle lights, here is another extremely popular variant of a "tevarmer = (litterally) tea-heater". http://www.georgjensen.com/media/ca...b8d27136e95/3/5/3583630_TwG_TeaPot_Warmer.png
You just place the kettle/pot on top and the flame will keep it warm.

Last edited:
:previous:thank you to both for your answers:flowers:

Muhler, I always enjoy your "danish lessons" (as i call them)
:flowers:

I think it was yesterday (Wednesday the 8th May), as today is Kristi Himmelfartsdag :flowers:

What is Kristi Himmelfartsdag?
google is not helping at the moment :flowers:

Ascension Day.

I was just watching the news before bedtime a few minutes ago. A theologican told about the latest reseach regarding the gospels. Apparantly Christ's ascension did not take place 40 days after Easter, but already on Easter Day.
Not that it matters that much believes the theologican. After all Christ was born several years before we have always believed and not around Christmas and so on. He believes that what is important is what is being celebrated/commemorated and not when.
Whatever, I'll leave further comments on this to FasterB. :)

And Polyesco, it's my pleasure. :graduate:

What is Kristi Himmelfartsdag?
google is not helping at the moment :flowers:
Sorry, it´s Christ's ascension :)

Ascension Day.

I was just watching the news before bedtime a few minutes ago. A theologican told about the latest reseach regarding the gospels. Apparantly Christ's ascension did not take place 40 days after Easter, but already on Easter Day.
Not that it matters that much believes the theologican. After all Christ was born several years before we have always believed and not around Christmas and so on. He believes that what is important is what is being celebrated/commemorated and not when.
Whatever, I'll leave further comments on this to FasterB. :)

And Polyesco, it's my pleasure. :graduate:
I didn´t watch the news tonight - I slept after two nights with work :whistling:

Can you remember the name of the theologican? :)

I guess Mary and our Minister for Development Christian Friis Bach may now know each other very well. They have worked a lot together in the recent past - both for meetings and on official trips abroad. I guess that he maybe too will travel with Mary to Malaysia later this month :)

August 29, 2013 - HRH Crown Princess participates in the official opening of the Danish Refugee Council's new language center in Aarhus pm. 10.10.

tv2oj.dk video

(...)

Mary spend the entire forenoon at the new language centre in Aarhus. And here she is learning about tele-education/remote-education (I'm not sure what the English word is.
Some 5.000 students are attached, some in DK but most outside DK, and they will get a course in Danish, either because they have found work in DK or because they intend to study at a Danish university.
The whispering interview was with a woman who is learning Danish because she has a job in DK. (Her Danish was very good BTW).

I'll assume Mary will have lunch with the Regent Couple who are in Aarhus right now for the opening of the annual Culture Week. - And then she'll probably hitch a ride on a helicopter back to Copenhagen for her second event today, in Helsingør at 19.00.

Thanks Dazzling, Maggiedenmark and Muhler :flowers:

Here is another video where Mary very frankly joking with her first time with the difficult Danish language.

TV 2 | ØSTJYLLAND | Mary åbner sprogskole | Nyheder | Aarhus

And a picture: https://sphotos-a-ams.xx.fbcdn.net/hphotos-ash4/1002615_504143209677488_988916393_n.jpg

Mary:
When you move to a new country, there are many things to relate to and many things to learn. And the language is one of the most important things. For me it was important to learn Danish the best I could and as quickly as possible.

But in the beginning I could not at all make heads or tails in a sentence ... Nor a word. When did the sentence start? When did it end?

For example hva'sir'du? (what'do'you'say?) When I heard people say that I walked around and wondered.. what sort of word is that??!! :huh: (Mary makes matching grimaces and people laughing)

When I became brave enough to ask I got the explanation that it was actually three words: Hvad siger du? (What do you say?) :D
So no, it's not the easiest language to learn.

Last edited:
:previous: :lol:

Yeah, poor Mary.

I noticed she spoke considerably slower than usual and her pronounciation was much more careful.
Basically she spoke like our Marie, same speed, same pronounciation.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom