Crown Prince Philippe and Crown Princess Mathilde - Current Events part 17

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
I am glad to learn that Crown Princess Mathilde's exquisite taste in fashion, has been acknowledged. :flowers: The black ensemble was perfectly chosen and pulled off.

Pics 3.3.2009

Princess Mathilde attends an international symposium on
the topic "Women and sustainable development" at the
Catholic University of Leuven, Belgium, March 3, 2009

** Pic 1 ** Pic 2 ** Pic 3 **

Leuven is the same Univesity where she studied, isn't it?

She looks beautiful. Was she there to speak, or was she just attending?

Have I made a mistake with Leuven and Louvain la neuve? I'm sorry
in case I've done so!

Here are four more pics from yesterday I was able to find:

** Pic 1 ** Pic 2 ** Pic 3 ** Pic 4 **

Nono, she went to a symposium in Leuven, but she studied in Louvain-La-Neuve.
Don't worry, it's confusing.:lol:

Pics 5.3.2009

Ok, thank you, LadyLeana :D

Princess Mathilde seen during a visit to the RITS Erasmus school,
a college with an emphasis on dramatic and audio-visual arts in
Brussels on 05 March 2009

** Pic 1 ** Pic 2 ** Pic 3 ** Pic 4 ** Pic 5 **

Blimey, I can't say the leather jacket, even covering her complete neck, is very succesful!

Anyway, here the blog entry by LadyLeana:

On 5 March Princess Mathilde visited the RITS, a Dutch language college for audiovisual and dramatic arts in Brussels. The students not only learn how to direct movies, there are also courses about the more technical side of the job. One of the departments the Princess visited was the animation department. She took the time to talk with students and lecturers while she was there.

The Princess is very interested in Belgian audiovisual arts. On 16 February, she and Prince Philippe attended the symposium about the Belgian film industry at the Theater St Michel, entitled “Comment filmer le réel aujourd’hui” (or “how to film reality today”), where they met the famous brothers Dardenne, the celebrated directors of many socially engaged films.

Last edited:
I think that the look is quite good. She looks a bit edgy, young and modern, and IN TOUCH, which is something that she will need to be if she wants to be of any influence to the young in this day and age.

Yep, I think she looks pretty "slammin" as some of the kids around here would say. For my part, I think it looks awesome. It puts me a bit in mind of Sandy at the end of the movie Grease.

From our blog:

According to the website of the Belgian royal family, prince Philippe and his wife princess Mathilde today met several strong women at their palace of Laeken. The couple invited 13 succefull Belgian women for a lunch on the occassion of the International Woman’s Day.
Among the guests were tennis player Justine Henin, the governor of the province of Antwerp, Cathy Berx and violinist Marie Hallinck. In previous years the crown princely couple also marked this day the same way.
More information about International Women’s Day can be found on this website.

It is nice to learn that Europe celebrates the 8th of March by acknowledging professional achievements of women and their noticeable contributions to welfare of their communities. In addition to the above, it is worth noting that Crown Princess Mathilde appears to be very busy with various engagements. I hope the Belgian media provides a full coverage of her activities and as well as Crown Prince Philippe's activities.

To be honest, I think our blog has more complete coverage than the Belgian press (not covering everything either though....yet ;)). Many of these activities do not get covered in the national press (the online edition at least, I don't know about the printed editions). Of course when the royals visit a province or city the local press will definately publish something about it and still enoguh events make it to the national press too. I don't think it is an exclusive Belgian thing btw, not everything of the Dutch royals gets reported in the Dutch national press either.

Last edited:
Well ... it is sad, but not totally unexpected. I dare to assume that major media outlets are busy covering the economic crisis and expressing grave misgivings about solutions to the crisis. At the same time, media outlets of a particular province/city should be lauded for covering royal engagements.

Right on Mathilde. Leather looks good on you; as it does on most anyone. Mathilde has that eternal gift of life in her eyes which help finding a balance between the good and the great from what I see. Her choice in dressing changes and clashes with the fantastic as she emits harmony amongst all things fashionable. She's not afraid to marvel or model in ways that are there for the making. I will always love that about her. She's spirited and open. It's fine to give her my homage. Keep on Mathilde.

Pics 9.3.2009

The people involved in Belgian Economic Missions in 2008 were
invited for a networking cocktail in Brussels on 9 March 2009
with Foreign Affairs minister Karel De Gucht, Flemish minister of
Economy, Enterprise, Science, Innovation and Foreign Trade
Patricia Ceysens and Prince Philippe.

** Pic 1 ** Pic 2 ** Pic 3 **

Prince Phillipe looks wonderful. It is nice to see so much of the CP couple lately. This seems to be a very busy time for them.

Pics 11.3.2009

Princess Mathilde pictured during her visit to the reading
project '5 voor 5' of the schools Sint-Pieterscollege and
Sint-Jozefhandelsschool in Blankenberge, 11 March 2009.

** Pic 1 ** Pic 2 ** Pic 3 ** Pic 4 ** Pic 5 ** Pic 6 **

Thanks for the pics. She looks wonderful. I have always thought Princess Mathilde looks great in this jacket. She wore it in 2002 to a visit to a kindergarten and it looked fabulous then.:)

Visit to Children's Cancer Centre in Ghent

Here is a link to the video of the Princess' visit. I can't read/speak Dutch or French but you don't need to while watching this.
deredactie.be - Videozone
It's the first video on the right hand side entitled Mathilde: "Ik ben onder de indruk van jouw moed"

Last edited by a moderator:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom