Crown Prince Philippe and Crown Princess Mathilde - Current Events part 17

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Pics 13.1.2009

Prince Philippe and Princess Mathilde visit the exhibition 'Le sourire de
Bouddha - Bouddha's glimlach - The smile of Buddha', an exhibition on
1600 years of Buddhist art in Korea, Tuesday 13 January 2009 in the
Bozar fine arts museum, Belgium.

** Pic 1 ** Pic 2 ** Pic 3 ** Pic 4 **

Pics 16.1.2009

Prince Philippe of Belgium meets with Miss Belgium 2009 Zeynep
Sever during the inauguration of the European Motor Show 2009,
at Brussels Expo, on Friday 16 January 2009. The Motor Show
2009 runs from 16 till 25 January.

** Pic 1 ** Pic 2 ** Pic 3 ** Pic 4 ** Gallery **

Pics 20.1.2009

Princess Mathilde of Belgium pictured as she visits the organisation
asbl/vzw "Notre Abri" on Tuesday 20 January 2009 in Brussels, Belgium.
The organisation takes care for 50 children between 0 and 6 years
which are victims of abuse or lack of affection.

** Pic 1 ** Pic 2 ** Pic 3 ** Pic 4 ** Pic 5 **

** belga gallery **

It's cute to see how shy the litte girl on your fifth pic
was, Turkish Delight :)

Here are some more nice close-ups of Mathilde from today:

** Pic 1 ** Pic 2 ** Pic 3 ** Pic 4 ** Pic 5 **

Thanks for the photos! CP Mathilde looks fantastic.

Really nice pics! Mathilde looks great!

I love seeing her with children too! Do you think they will add another child to their family? I would like that, but maybe four is already much... :)

Here's a video montage of the visit to "Notre Abri". The children sing happy birthday for her.

de redactie.be

Prince Philippe and princess Mathilde talks to police officers after a stabbing incident at the children's day care center 'Fabeltjesland' in Sint-Gillis, Dendermonde, Friday 23 January 2009. The royals visited the Zonnebloem center, where relatives were gathered. One adult and 2 children were killed and twelve other childern were injured in the stabbing incident. Police arrested the killer.
ImageShack - Image Hosting :: 340xdy3.jpg
ImageShack - Image Hosting :: 610xdj5.jpg
ImageShack - Image Hosting :: kjlyy6.jpg
ImageShack - Image Hosting :: kjlhgdm7.jpg
ImageShack - Image Hosting :: kkjkz6.jpg
ImageShack - Image Hosting :: lkjlkjtr5.jpg
ImageShack - Image Hosting :: uuucv6.jpg

What horrible things sometimes happen...
I think it's great they visited that place, to give some moral support to the emergency services and the suffering families.

Pics from belga: 1 * 2 * 3

Last edited:
I have been really saddened to learn about a horrific crime committed against innocent children and adults. It has been a graceful act on Crown Princely couple's part to visit this day care centre and provide moral support for the parties affected by this tragedy. The perpetrator is said to be mentally ill. If it is true, he is unfit to stand the trial.

Really very shocking, the babies were just a few months old! The guy who did it was arrested, and is only 20 years old. The injured people will probably all survive.

Last edited:
How horrible! I am so sorry for these innocent victims and their families. It is truly wonderful that Phillipe and Mathilde are there to comfort the families during this tragic event. It says a lot for the BRF that they rushed to the center to be with the families.

This really has been a shocking and tragic event and I cannot imagine how the parents of those children must be feeling and the families of the teachers to. It must have been a horrifying experience for them all and I hope the victims who have survived will recover and be comfortable.

I am really very impressed that the Crown Prince and Princess visited the scene so quickly and have given their support in such a caring way.

My condolences to the families that were affected by this senseless attack.

People here in Belgium are really horrified.... I saw on tv Mathilde and Philippe visiting the place and the pain was written on both their faces.
Having themselves a little baby girl it must touch them enormously... but here everybody are touched

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom