Crown Prince Hussein of Jordan and Miss Rajwa Khalid Alseif: June 1, 2023

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Well, it always seemed to me that Abdullah has a soft spot for his youngest half-brother Prince Hashim. But Princess Raiyah also attended, that's half of Noor's children there.

Perhaps Princess Iman was making a point by not attending, but we don't know what goes on behind closed doors, maybe Hamzah doesn't want his full siblings to be blacklisted.

I know that she and her husband attended too; I didn't mention her because in Jordan woman can't inherit the Throne.

But Hashim bin Hussein was present (with his wife and children), so it seems he had accepted what had happened.

I don’t think I’d ever seen a picture of Hashim until the wedding - he and his wife make a very attractive couple, and I thought his daughters looked beautiful!

But Hashim bin Hussein was present (with his wife and children), so it seems he had accepted what had happened.

I think he has, he probably sees both sides of this conflict/situation rationally, more then their mother does. It's just i was observing Fahdah's and Hala's faces, during henna party, reception and wedding. And i could sense irritation & unease. Like during a henna party there was a scene where everyone was smiling and Fahdah was super serious.

They can't really put this behind, move on & fully enjoy moments like these, as it's an ongoing situation. Abdullah & his family are jumping, dancing and celebrating, while Hamzah is basically imprisoned.

Btw, for anyone curious...Fahda's father and brother run this company:
https://www.forbesmiddleeast.com/lists/the-top-100-arab-family-businesses/abunayyan-holding/

Rajwa's father runs this company
https://www.el-seif.com.sa/about-us

both are on the forbes middle east list 2020
https://moneybloomz.com/en/top-100-arab-family-businesses-in-the-middle-east-2020/

on 2022 list i can only see 56. Abunayyan Holding
https://www.forbesmiddleeast.com/lists/the-top-100-arab-family-businesses/

Last edited:
I watched some more of the wedding today and Raiyah looked like she could be in the next Frozen...her husband Faris was all cheery, but poor fellow had to engage Firyal the self proclaimed humanitarian, who was sitting right next to him. Faris gives me positive vibes, he'll be good for Raiyah

Oh, the setting/backdrop is breathtaking! Definitely my favourite of all the group photos.

fantastic wedding pictures!

the bride is stunning. shame about her wedding dresses which i didn't think were amazing, but she is beautiful and still carries them very well. her daytime dress was nice and she looked statuesque (i didn't like it much at first, but it grew on me), but the evening one was a miss in my opinion.

nice to see the new generation of royals attending this sort of event too! and what a surprise with the wales attending! i also wonder why MM didn't make it and haakon attended alone?

i am also most curious as to how beatrice and edo know hussein - maybe from his time in sandhurst?

awkward moment too with noor's family and their presence. it was a bit strange to see 2 of them, and not the other two but not unexpected. i liked seeing fahdah too attending.

fantastic wedding pictures!

the bride is stunning. shame about her wedding dresses which i didn't think were amazing, but she is beautiful and still carries them very well. her daytime dress was nice and she looked statuesque (i didn't like it much at first, but it grew on me), but the evening one was a miss in my opinion.

nice to see the new generation of royals attending this sort of event too! and what a surprise with the wales attending! i also wonder why MM didn't make it and haakon attended alone?

i am also most curious as to how beatrice and edo know hussein - maybe from his time in sandhurst?

awkward moment too with noor's family and their presence. it was a bit strange to see 2 of them, and not the other two but not unexpected. i liked seeing fahdah too attending.
Beatrice went to Jordan a few years ago for an event with friends who must have been mutual friends of CP Hussein

LadyFinn, thanks for posting. Great photo !

Beautiful picture, just a bit perplexed with Edoardo being left out. And with poor C-A’s closed eyes. They could have photoshopped them from other takes.

Maybe there are other, unreleased group photos? Princess Tsuguko, Princess Euphelma Choden and former Empress/Shahbanu Farah Pahlavi are also missing.

Too bad about Princess Catharina-Amalia's closed eyes. Oops.

I do appreciate the RHC providing so much wonderful coverage.

Congratulations to the happy couple! Princess Rajwa looks radiant. I'm not huge fan of both bridal ensembles, clashing or busy designs.

-----

Small gallery of Princesses Hisako and Tsuguko:

Last edited:
Knowing the bulgarian royal family still possesses tiaras, I wonder why the Ex-Queen of Bulgaria never, never wears a tiara...?!

I don't think I've ever seen Margarita wearing a tiara or a hat, she never seems to do anything with her hair either.

Knowing the bulgarian royal family still possesses tiaras, I wonder why the Ex-Queen of Bulgaria never, never wears a tiara...?!

Well, Margarita has never been Queen of Bulgaria, and she seems to not care much for her appearance.

I don't think I've ever seen Margarita wearing a tiara or a hat, she never seems to do anything with her hair either.

She wore one in 1993 at the Wedding Ball of Duke Friedrich of Württemberg.

Why is the Grooms grandmother all the way in the back and Jill Biden front and center next to the bride?

Why is the Grooms grandmother all the way in the back and Jill Biden front and center next to the bride?

Abdullah couldn't miss the opportunity. :D :whistling:

This is not a family photo, it is a photo of important guests with very limited family

In his autobiography, King Simeon has written that his wife is a lady of very simple tastes. I have the book with me, but I wish I could find the exact quote.

In his autobiography, King Simeon has written that his wife is a lady of very simple tastes. I have the book with me, but I wish I could find the exact quote.
Is it a good book?

Ivanka Trump and Jared Kushner spotted at the banquet. Who took and released a photo of Ivanka chatting with William? What cameras were allowed inside? Some people are going to have a field day with this. No matter their status in the US, still invited to the Jordanian royal wedding. Same as Jill Biden, Nancy Pelosi, John Kerry. The English translator on the live feed kept saying “friendly” and why yes the Jordanians are friends with a wide range of people.

Hussein and Salma attended Jared Kushner's brother's wedding in USA in 2019.
https://i.dailymail.co.uk/1s/2019/06/24/17/15193914-7174993-image-a-55_1561395194589.jpg
Ivanka and Jared attend Karlie Kloss and Joshua Kushner's star-studded seond wedding _ Daily Mail Online

Is it a good book?

It is. I really enjoyed it. Very interesting. Lots of family history and relationships with other royal families. He doesn't talk much about his wife or sons though.

i also wonder why MM didn't make it and haakon attended alone?
I don't know that this is the specific reason, but she had engagements the day before and after the wedding. The one after the wedding was a joint appearance with Princess Astrid, so I assume she probably didn't want to cancel those to make it to Jordan.

Beatrice went to Jordan a few years ago for an event with friends who must have been mutual friends of CP Hussein

interesting - thanks for the details! i didn't know this about bea.

Well... I think that's her age, as did Empress Michiko

do we know where the couple have gone on honeymoon?

Nowhere, CP Hussein has had at least 4 engagements after the wedding, one of those the day (or two) after the wedding.

Nowhere, CP Hussein has had at least 4 engagements after the wedding, one of those the day (or two) after the wedding.

oh wow! i wonder if they have it planned for later in the year. it would be good to see rajwa in some events soon!

Back
Top Bottom