Crown Prince Hussein of Jordan and Miss Rajwa Khalid Alseif: June 1, 2023

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Rossina

Former Moderator
City
Country
India
The royal court has announced that the marriage ceremony of His Royal Highness Crown Prince Al Hussein bin Abdullah II and Miss Rajwa Khalid Alseif will take place at Zahran Palace, after which the wedding procession will head to Al Husseiniya Palace, where the wedding reception and dinner will take place. The wedding reception and dinner banquet are closed to the media.

Broadcast frequencies will be provided once available, while photos from the wedding will be uploaded on the RHC’s Flickr account (https://www.flickr.com/photos/rhcjo/).

Petra statement

Will they invite the other royal families to the wedding?

Will they invite the other royal families to the wedding?

Probably yes. We've seen many foreign royals attending the wedding of former Crown Prince Hamzah bin Al Hussein in 2004.

Japan's Princess Takamado (Hisako) and Princess Tsuguko will officially visit Jordan to attend the wedding of Crown Prince Hussein.

They will travel separately: Hisako May 28-June 3 (enter Amman via Istanbul), Tsuguko May 29-June 3 (enter Amman via Dubai). The Japanese Cabinet approved the travel on May 9. This is Tsuguko's first official visit to a foreign country. She visited Jordan privately once in 2008 while studying abroad. Princess Hisako has visited Jordan twice.

Both princesses met King Abdullah, Queen Rania and Crown Prince Hussein when they visited Japan in April.

Sources: Sankei, Jiji

NTV reports the invitation to the Takamado princesses was received early April and the invitation to the Crown Prince Akishino couple was received in early March. However, the Akishino couple have conflict with domestic schedules and are unable to attend. After consulting with Emperor Naruhito, the decision was made to send the Takamado princesses who have deep ties with Jordan.

Last edited:
Here is the latest calendar:

May 22:
Queen Rania is hosting a Pre-wedding dinner banquet with a traditional dress code.
May 31: King Abdullah II is hosting a Pre-wedding dinner banquet for senior officials.
June 1: The wedding ceremony at Zahran Palace.
June 1: The newlyweds' procession tour from Zahran Palace to ِ Al Husseiniya Palace.
June 1: The Main dinner reception at Al Husseiniya Palace.

Henna Parties dates are not yet revealed.

The wedding invitation card:
https://www.instagram.com/p/CsOYYUHNNvK/?igshid=MzRlODBiNWFlZA==

Last edited:
What about UK, Spain, Belgium & Netherlands. Any updates?

What about UK, Spain, Belgium & Netherlands. Any updates?

It will be interesting if the UK are represented by the Duke & Duchess of Edinburgh or the Prince & Princess of Wales. The Prince has a personal relationship with the groom.

Queen Mathilde is organizing a lunch on June 1st for the members of the jury of the Queen Elisabeth Competition...so perhaps we'll see the Duchess of Brabant accompanying her father.

I believe that the Duchess of Brabant will go with her father as well.

I know I am wishing for too much, but I wished Leonor would go with her parents, since she finishes school soon (she might be free June 1st). Too much hope, but I guess only Felipe and Letizia will go...

Have monarchs been invited? I see only heirs attending.

The Dutch Royal Couple will attend.

I guess Prince Sebastién is invited because he and Hussein attended at the same time the Military Academy in Sandhurst (like Prince Joseph-Wenzel of Liechtenstein).

The Dutch Royal Couple will attend.

I guess Prince Sebastién is invited because he and Hussein attended at the same time the Military Academy in Sandhurst (like Prince Joseph-Wenzel of Liechtenstein).

No, Johann-Wenzel of Liechtenstein attended Sandhurst at the same time not Joseph Wenzel. Two different princes.

Since Prince Guillaume has a newborn, it makes sense that it's Prince Sebastian instead of Prince Felix, who attends in representation of The Grand Ducal House, as he actually knows the groom.

Very nice to see Catharina-Amalia attending alongside her parents.

Amalia is clearly being introduced to the international royal world. It makes a lot of sense for her to join her parents for this wedding - after all, the groom and bride are also much closer in age to her than to her parents.

On itself the Princess of Orange is already introduced. She did attend her father's Investiture, she was at various royal weddings, her father's 40th and 50th birthday, the reception on the eve of the Coronation and - of course- the many royals being guests of the Dutch royal family c. q. the Dutch being guests of other royal families. I think we would be surprised to see how well-networked the young Princess of Orange already is. But it is lovely to see the Princess in Jordan, she indeed is building and own profile on the royal stage.

On itself the Princess of Orange is already introduced. She did attend her father's Investiture, she was at various royal weddings, her father's 40th and 50th birthday, the reception on the eve of the Coronation and - of course- the many royals being guests of the Dutch royal family c. q. the Dutch being guests of other royal families. I think we would be surprised to see how well-networked the young Princess of Orange already is. But it is lovely to see the Princess in Jordan, she indeed is building and own profile on the royal stage.

While of course the princess of Orange has met several royals over the years, she is only now starting to attend international royal events (starting with Ingrid-Alexandra's 18th birthday party, earlier this month the pre-coronation reception and now the wedding of the crown prince of Jordan).

Which royal weddings are you thinking of? She was a flower girl at her godmother's wedding but I cannot think of any other international royal wedding she attended. Other than that, in terms of 'events', it has mainly been events of the Dutch royal family organized by/in honor of her parents.

I hope that Prince William and the Princess of Wales attend this wedding because Prince William did not go to CP Victoria's wedding and I think it would be healthier if Prince William were seen to be on good terms with foreign royalty.

Are the Greek royals invited?

Are the Greek royals invited?

Good question. King Abdullah and Queen Rania did not attend King Konstantinos' funeral, Noor Al-Hussein and Princess Raiyah did. :whistling:

I hope that Prince William and the Princess of Wales attend this wedding because Prince William did not go to CP Victoria's wedding and I think it would be healthier if Prince William were seen to be on good terms with foreign royalty.

I am 100% Team Wales and expect William to attend too because it's a crying shame that William, at 40, has never attended a big event held by another Royal Family. It's about time he starts to.

Last edited:
To be fair, when CP Victoria married back in 2010, Prince William wasn't a full time royal, nor married and wasn't actively representing the Monarchy at State events. When Catherine and William married and were considered full-time royals, all of the heirs were already married.

I am 100% Team Wales and expect William to attend too because it's a crying shame that William, at 40, has never attended a big event held by another Royal Family. It's about time he starts to.

I agree. I think it's time William and Catherine start attending these events, like other CP Couples.

Just because he doesn’t go to weddings doesn’t they aren’t on any good terms with any royals.

Back
Top Bottom