Crown Prince Hussein of Jordan and Miss Rajwa Khalid Alseif: June 1, 2023

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Did she purchase these at auction or does anyone know?
When the Duchess of Windsor died, she left all her jewelry to be sold in favor of Institute Pasteur. Auction took place in Geneva around 1988, and an enormous amount of money was collected. So Sheikha Mozha should have bought there. Of course all these people never move personally, they mandate someone.

As for William and Kate they were kids at this moment, furthermore William should be aware about. In 2 words .. if the duchess of Windsor did not exist.... William wouldn't be PoW now.. Wallis Simpson existence changed the face if history...

As for Kate I'm persuaded that when the probability of entering into the royal family appeared... she did a good reading of everything.

If they recognized the jewelry ? No idea.

Sent from my SM-A426B using The Royals Community mobile app

Does anyone know if Prince Alois and Princess Sophie attended a wedding of Prince Hussein and Rajwa in Jordan?

She did look amazing at both the day event and evening reception, really a step up in the fashion stakes. While I think she always looks good in many ways she can be a little meh in her fashion sometimes IMO. She looked fab this week!

I really liked Sophie's day outfit/look - imho, she was one of the best dressed -, her evening outfit not so much.

Why would they have a field day? Two guests at a wedding meet up and have a chat. Would you have preferred William to snub them and refuse to speak to them..why?

If there was a photo of William snubbing them, it would also give people something to talk about. It’s just interesting that out of all the wedding footage and photos released, there is this one photo. Nobody would have known what happened at the banquet, and there would be less to talk about.

Last edited:
Sophie's dress for the ceremony is simple classic, and love how the necklace sits comfortable on the neckline. The evening one I first thought it's busy (mostly the floral pattern), but the more photos I saw the more I like it.

Sophie's dress for the ceremony is simple classic, and love how the necklace sits comfortable on the neckline. The evening one I first thought it's busy (mostly the floral pattern), but the more photos I saw the more I like it.

I loved her dress. The floral pattern is reminiscent of the gown she wore to her own pre-wedding ball several decades ago.

Wow! Muna looks great in that 30 year old dress!

If there was a photo of William snubbing them, it would also give people something to talk about. It’s just interesting that out of all the wedding footage and photos released, there is this one photo. Nobody would have known what happened at the banquet, and there would be less to talk about.

How on earth do you take a photo of a person snubbing someone else? :lol:

The photo was taken by an official photographer. IMO William can make smalltalk with whoever he wants – I really don't think there was more to it than that – but if, as you suggest, there's concern about which conclusions people would draw from said smalltalk, a simple solution could've been for William to just greet Trump politely and move on instead of actively engaging in conversation.

It's absolutely hysterical to blame the photographer for capturing the moment (among many others) instead :cool:

Last edited:
Such a lovely Ceremony and Reception. Really everyone looked terrific and all the bling, dresses and scenery too.
I've enjoyed all the commentary here and learned a lot, as I'm not very familiar with The Jordanian Royal Family.

One question though, if anyone has any knowledge or insight.....
Why was Juan Carlos and Sofia there as the Spanish Representatives ? King Abdullah and King Felipe are very near contemporaries in age, so I'm just surprised that he and Letizia weren't the reps. I know that Juan Carlos is "friends" with other M.E. Rulers, but I am curious about this situation. And with obviously JC and Sofia's frail health situation too, must have been very taxing for them.

Last edited:
:previous: I've wondered the same. But I have no idea.:sad:

Maybe it was a bit of a pity visit for JC since he lives relatively nearby and knows the family and almost never gets to see anyone or do much anymore? He's a very social guy (who also behaved much more discreetly on his last trip to Spain). It must have felt good to do something more "normal". Do we even know whether he was there officially, semi-officially, or privately?

Sofia is perfectly qualified to rep the SRF at anything, and if JC is going, it's better and simpler she should be photographed with him than Felipe. (Sadly.)

My understanding is that Juan Carlos and King Hussein were very close friends and so there is a more personal connection between the JRF and Juan Carlos / Sofia.

Has it been confirmed that JC and Sofia were actually representing Spain? I know Princess Beatrice was there and treated entirely as her rank of Princess would allow despite not being the official UK representative. JC and Sofia may have been there in a personal capacity, it seems the Jordanian's weren't differentiating.

Thanks tommy 100, I guess that would make sense. I'm also guessing that JC and Sofia were representing Spain. Nearly all the notable European Royal Houses were represented, except Monaco. I think that Beatrice was there as a "personal" friend from the way that CP Hussein very warmly welcomed her.

Last edited:

Nobody is talking about it, nobody cares. I only knew because of your post. I can assure you the BRF have met and made small talk with a lot worse.

It is not surprising that observations about a monarch taking his young son to international events instead of his wife raises questions as, if the partner is still alive or not excused because of sickness, it is the usual practise, to be accompagnied with ones spouse. They can, of course, do what they want - I just say that this is noticeable.
Here it seems pretty obvious the sultan usually takes this particular young son to events like this; the enthronement in Japan, the british coronation and now this royal wedding are striking examples of that!
If you are worried and wondering, yes his first wife and mother of his heir, the CP is alive. He’s only married to her as he divorced the other two wives, one of whom is Mateen’s mother and they’re alive too. I’m quite sure CP Hussein specifically invited Prince Mateen as he also attended Sandhurst and is close in age to him.

In 2004 Wedding of the then Crown Prince Hamzah. The same year as Frederick and Felipe. The rules changed in Jordan..

One question though, if anyone has any knowledge or insight.....
Why was Juan Carlos and Sofia there as the Spanish Representatives ? King Abdullah and King Felipe are very near contemporaries in age, so I'm just surprised that he and Letizia weren't the reps. I know that Juan Carlos is "friends" with other M.E. Rulers, but I am curious about this situation. And with obviously JC and Sofia's frail health situation too, must have been very taxing for them.

JC and Sofía went privately. It was an election week on Spain, so the agendas of the king and the queen were reduce.

Has anyone come across the reason behind Princess Alia Al tabba’s absence from the wedding? Did she attend the banquette only like Noor -bint naïf?

JC and Sofía went privately. It was an election week on Spain, so the agendas of the king and the queen were reduce.

So because there will soon be an election the King and Queen can not represent Spain at a marriage ofg the Heir in an befriended royal House

I found JC very frale. Much much more than in January in King Konstantine's funeral. He had strong issue to move.
Happy to see that up to now Queen Sofia us still the strongest among her contemporaries or even younger (JC, her late brother, even her sister..)

Sent from my SM-A426B using The Royals Community mobile app

Fahdah & Hala ... it seemed to me like their faces quickly went from smiling to serious and vice versa, not just during the wedding. It's probably because of Hamzah situation. Btw, Firyal was sitting few rows behind them... i remember her tweet about Hamzah & Q Noor. The whole situation is probably tense and awkward, they have to pretend everything is normal.

Last edited:
Fahdah & Hala ... it seemed to me like their faces quickly went from smiling to serious and vice versa, not just during the wedding. It's probably because of Hamzah situation. Btw, Firyal was sitting few rows behind them... i remember her tweet about Hamzah & Q Noor. The whole situation is probably tense and awkward, they have to pretend everything is normal.

My thoughts exactly.

I just checked and Firyal was sitting behind Hashim & Fahdah. I did not forget her now deleted tweet...in case anyone forgot here it is
@FiryalOfJordan:The seemingly blind ambition of Queen Noor & her sons is delusional, futile, unmerited, false sense of entitlement. they all should know better. Such as the constitutional succession act, father to the eldest son, experienced with uninterrupted service record. Grow up, Boys.

But Hashim bin Hussein was present (with his wife and children), so it seems he had accepted what had happened.

Well, it always seemed to me that Abdullah has a soft spot for his youngest half-brother Prince Hashim. But Princess Raiyah also attended, that's half of Noor's children there.

Perhaps Princess Iman was making a point by not attending, but we don't know what goes on behind closed doors, maybe Hamzah doesn't want his full siblings to be blacklisted.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom