Crown Prince Frederik and Crown Princess Mary, Current Events 4: May 2005 - May 2006

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Mary's hair and makeup are lovely; really like the hair style.

Like the color of the gown, but can't see enough of it to judge. Looks clingy, which seems a strange choice for someone pregnant.

Don't like the cape-let. Blocks a view of the outfit, and I don't think it goes well with the dress.

Wish I could see more of the gala dress and of the christening outfit, esp the skirt which looks sparkly and lovely.

The photo links have been fixed in meghee2002's post (#79).

Thanks everyone for the beautiful pictures of Mary & Frederik. Do the appliqués on the front of capelette match the dress?

I can see the pictures and I kinda wish I hadn't! I'm not a huge fan of Mary's outfit at all. I do think CP Frederik is adorable (as always)! :)

Simply stunning, Mary is very elegant!

As I am new to this forum, I would like to take the opportunity of saying how wonderful the website is - what with the up-to-date photos of Frederik and Mary and what they have been doing over the last year and this year. I would like to congratulate them on their first wedding anniversary and the news that they are expecting a child in October.

barb20

Crown Prince Frederik and Crown Princess Mary along with the Queen and the Prince Consort attended a reception for the visiting consuls at the Christianborg Palace.

Bump VERY clear in most of the pics:)

Attachments

• 00692272.jpg
    00692272.jpg
    142.1 KB · Views: 588
  • 00692273.jpg
    00692273.jpg
    122.3 KB · Views: 466
  • 00692274.jpg
    00692274.jpg
    112.8 KB · Views: 456
  • 00692275.jpg
    00692275.jpg
    99.4 KB · Views: 394
  • 00692276.jpg
    00692276.jpg
    119 KB · Views: 455
  • 00692277.jpg
    00692277.jpg
    135.6 KB · Views: 540
  • 00692280.jpg
    00692280.jpg
    108.2 KB · Views: 6,073
  • 00692282.jpg
    00692282.jpg
    115.6 KB · Views: 541
I love the dress that she's wearing, very romantic. The hair suits the attire as well. :)

Mary looks wonderful. The dress is a good choice for her stage of pregnancy. Not too flashy and not to matronly.

wow the outfit is gorgeous and i like how she did her hair too ^___^ elegant and suitable for pragnancy *claps*

I still can't get over how lovely she looks (not that she isn't always as lovely, but there’s something about her on this occasion that makes her appear more 'radiant'). I would have to say that the dress she is wearing is by far my favourite of all the dresses she's ever worn (even before becoming Crown Princess). It's absolutely beautiful. And of course, Frederik looks handsome as usual. :p

Danielle said:
I still can't get over how lovely she looks (not that she isn't always as lovely, but there’s something about her on this occasion that makes her appear more 'radiant'). I would have to say that the dress she is wearing is by far my favourite of all the dresses she's ever worn (even before becoming Crown Princess). It's absolutely beautiful. And of course, Frederik looks handsome as usual. :p
you know how everyone talks about this glow that make pregnant women absolutely gorgeous? maybe it's that :) but i agree with you she looked absolutely gorgeous on that occasion

hillary_nugent said:
you know how everyone talks about this glow that make pregnant women absolutely gorgeous? maybe it's that :) but i agree with you she looked absolutely gorgeous on that occasion
I've never really bought into the whole 'glow theory', but after seeing those photos, I am a believer. :p But I guess if you look at all the pregnant (Crown) Princess, they all look wonderful.

she looks absolutely stunning , i love her dress , everthing :)

Beautiful dress - lovely color, flattering cut, pretty lace, elegant and appropriate for the occassion. I would wear it even if I wasn't pregnant!

Also love the hair, makeup, shoes.

Her posture in the last 2 photos is very elegant.

lizzie

I haven't done this before, so here goes.
Mary continues to amaze me with her poise and quiet elegance. Always discreetly elegant.
This look really shows her style superbly. Well done Mary!

Nothing against Mary's sense of fasion but, don't you think that she might have fasion advisers for every event she attends.

She looks amazing. I like everything about the look.

I agree. She does look wonderful, but then she does 98% of the time.

I simply love the outfit!!! A royal winner and the hair style adds more pois and elegance to her overall apperance. Really don't know what it is or maybe it's the overall combination but she has this X factor about her in this event!

CP Mary looks 100% stunning and i'm sure all the Danes are so proud to hve her as their CP!

She really has this quiet elegance and grace that shines even more brightly on this occassion than others!

legnavirginia2006 said:
Nothing against Mary's sense of fasion but, don't you think that she might have fasion advisers for every event she attends.

That applies to all the royal ladies and few of them looks so elegant or appropriate.

lizzie

legnavirginia2006 said:
Of course she has her stylist, but surely Mary has the final say in what she wears? One of the other things you have to admire about her, is that she is always very discreet with the amount of jewelry she wears at any one time.

Yes, I agree about the jewelry. It's always just right. And when she wears the ruby paure she wears a simple dress to highlight the jewelry as where other royals will often wear a loud dress and it competes with the jewelry.

Her outfits are always well fitted and not loud. She is very stylish. Does she have a personal stylist. Yes, she does and has been photographed with her many times. But the whole object of a stylist is not to put their style on you but to make the best out of your personal style. Mary wears much the same colors she always has and her silouettes are the same. Mary is very involved with what she wears. And to me what she wears is still relatable to me.
Way to go Mary!

I agree with you Lizzie, keeping her jewelry to a minimum just adds to her elegance. She has some beautiful pieces that aren't over done.

wow! the dress was gorgeous! any idea about the designer?

the only bad thing was that it's too shiny. the last time she went to a fashion show she attended quite casual with a cardigan and skirt, and now it seems she changed her view and attended really shiny (seems more a gala!)... i think benedikte was much more appropiate for the kind of event.

nice to see mary's bump...

carlota said:
wow! the dress was gorgeous! any idea about the designer?

the only bad thing was that it's too shiny. the last time she went to a fashion show she attended quite casual with a cardigan and skirt, and now it seems she changed her view and attended really shiny (seems more a gala!)... i think benedikte was much more appropiate for the kind of event.

nice to see mary's bump...

The dress is possibly by Heartmade, as Julie Fagerholt has made a similar dress with the same material.

As far as wearing the shiny dress goes, she actually wore the dress for the reception of the Consuls at the Christianborg Palace. The reception lasted till 7pm and the fashion show started at 7:30pm, which gave her about 30min between the two engagements. In this time, she had to leave the palace and come to the place for the fashion show, really doesn't give her that much time. Also, in the past the fashion shows have been in the afternoon or morning, this one was in the evening. I believe this semi to formal dress works very well in the evening.

Perhaps some of the shinnyness of her dress was from the photographer's flash.It certainly is a lovely dress.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom