Charlotte Casiraghi, Dimitri Rassam & Family Current Events Part 45: February 2022 -

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
I think it's really unfair the way so many people are expressing their disappointment with Charlotte. We have NO idea what went on behind the scenes or what the timing was.

If you take the gossip pages out of her biography, she was an accomplished student who has some notable writing credits, built a profile in the fashion industry, and pursued a challenging sport at a competitive level. At the same time, she's raising two children. In the past 13 years, she's had a serious relationship and a marriage. (Not exactly jumping from bed to bed!)

Rather than complaining that Charlotte disappointed YOU, leave the gossip behind and look at the record.

I think it's really unfair the way so many people are expressing their disappointment with Charlotte. We have NO idea what went on behind the scenes or what the timing was.

If you take the gossip pages out of her biography, she was an accomplished student who has some notable writing credits, built a profile in the fashion industry, and pursued a challenging sport at a competitive level. At the same time, she's raising two children. In the past 13 years, she's had a serious relationship and a marriage. (Not exactly jumping from bed to bed!)

Rather than complaining that Charlotte disappointed YOU, leave the gossip behind and look at the record.
I agree with mostly what your saying but 13 years ago she was with Alex (until late 2011). So in the last 13 years, Alex-Gad-Lamberto-Dmitri-Nicolas. That's perfectly normal for a woman her age, I'm just saying 5 relationships is more representative of what happened than saying 2.

I'm not fussed about Charlotte and Dmitri splitting. He's been divorced (with a kid) before so it's not uncharted ground for him. I'm just hoping it was amicable, and that the friendship of their mothers isn't affected.

I agree with mostly what your saying but 13 years ago she was with Alex (until late 2011). So in the last 13 years, Alex-Gad-Lamberto-Dmitri-Nicolas. That's perfectly normal for a woman her age, I'm just saying 5 relationships is more representative of what happened than saying 2.
That’s not necessarily true. We don’t know, for instance, that she is in a relationship with Nicolas. She hasn’t announced anything. Judging on the basis of some pap photos is not very authoritative.

As far as what she has confirmed, she’s had two relationships.

That’s not necessarily true. We don’t know, for instance, that she is in a relationship with Nicolas. She hasn’t announced anything. Judging on the basis of some pap photos is not very authoritative.

As far as what she has confirmed, she’s had two relationships.
Lol. She dated Alex for 4 years, and brought him as her date to the Albert's wedding and would pose cuddled up at events with him. Lamberto she was pictured kissing in the middle of the street and she brought him on family vacations with Princess Caroline. To stubbornly deny she had a relationship with these two men is silly. Since you seem doubtful that she's dating Nicolas, you're free to hold out hope there.

Again 5 relationships over a 13 year span, for a women her age is normal. It's not jumping bed to bed (using your term here).:online2lo

Lol. She dated Alex for 4 years, and brought him as her date to the Albert's wedding and would pose cuddled up at events with him. Lamberto she was pictured kissing in the middle of the street and she brought him on family vacations with Princess Caroline. To stubbornly deny she had a relationship with these two men is silly. Since you seem doubtful that she's dating Nicolas, you're free to hold out hope there.

Again 5 relationships over a 13 year span, for a women her age is normal. It's not jumping bed to bed (using your term here).:online2lo
You're reading into what I said. I pointed out that she hasn't confirmed some of these relationships, including the one she's supposedly having with Nicolas. It's all speculation.

(I have no idea who Lamberto is, so I'll take your word for it.)

My point is that people are slamming her unfairly when no one actually knows the circumstances about any of her relationships.

(I have no idea who Lamberto is, so I'll take your word for it.)
Lamberto Sanfelice was Charlotte's partner after her break-up with Gad. Their relationship was widely reported, and Charlotte with her young son Raphael also moved to Rome for a period

Princess Caroline is not "immoral". She is human, and fallible as we all are.

As for Mr. Mathieu, I was halfway to sleep before finishing his philosophical musings in the Paris Match article. Perhaps he and Charlotte have more in common than I realized.

Good luck on her latest adventure but it doesn't "make me dream" as they say on the Continent.

Poor children.

Last edited:
Princess Caroline is not "immoral". She is human, and fallible as we all are.

As for Mr. Mathieu, I was halfway to sleep before finishing his philosophical musings in the Paris Match article. Perhaps he and Charlotte have more in common than I realized.

Good luck on her latest adventure but it doesn't "make me dream" as they say on the Continent.

Poor children.
Well, Caroline had 3 husbands, Charlotte will not be neither the first nor the last to have many husbands.

I am sorry but at the famous fashion Week in Paris , her hairstyle was very very bad. She is not stylish as Princess Grace was and Princess Caroline is;

It’s very interesting to see the same “restlessness” in Charlotte, to borrow a word I’ve read here, that seems to be present among some Grimaldis.

I am sorry but at the famous fashion Week in Paris , her hairstyle was very very bad. She is not stylish as Princess Grace was and Princess Caroline is;
Perhaps Charlotte does not consider stylishness a top priority in her private life; and I suspect she is not trying to compete with her mother or grandmother in that context.

I wasn't monaco royal watching but were there a lot of comparisons between Grace and Charlotte as she was growing up??

It makes sense that because of all that, she made a concious choice to not dress all glamorous, and be made up all the time.

I wasn't monaco royal watching but were there a lot of comparisons between Grace and Charlotte as she was growing up??

It makes sense that because of all that, she made a concious choice to not dress all glamorous, and be made up all the time.
I've followed Caroline and Charlotte for decades and I do not recall reading or hearing about comparisons between Charlotte and Grace; but there have always been many comparisons between Charlotte and Caroline.

Same here, never read any comparison between Charlotte and Grace. Charlotte is a carbon copy of Caroline, so they are compared a lot. I think Caroline is more social class conscious and Charlotte’s more independent thinker.

Same here, never read any comparison between Charlotte and Grace. Charlotte is a carbon copy of Caroline, so they are compared a lot. I think Caroline is more social class conscious and Charlotte’s more independent thinker.
I don't necessarily disagree, but on the other hand, I recall reading sometime in the distant past that Caroline intentionally chose to not have her Casiraghi offspring titled as princes or princess; if she had been highly social-class conscious, it seems as though she would have chosen differently.
Since I'm not an expert on Monagasque history, though, perhaps there is some stipulation that only offspring of the first-born son (Albert) is allowed to have his children titled -- so perhaps Caroline had no choice in the matter.

Since Caroline became mother (of Andrea) it was widely said that she intentionally choose not to give any title to her kids. I'm quite sure that Caroline herself said this in an interview, and in any case it was always clear that it her own decision and not a Monaco law.
Furthermore Alexandra is the only one who bears a royal title from her father. No idea if Caroline disagreed and it was EA decision. In any case he is the head of the Hanover royal family and he is solely entitled to decide.
Im any case Caroline being a wife and then a widow of Stefano Casiraghi, she used to live a very different life than then being a Royal Highness wife of a Royal Prince. She used to accompany EA to many royal events. So maybe her mind related to titles has changed.

Charlotte at the 13th Literary Rendezvous at Rue Cambon:

I wonder why they shortened them. There are 2 more that haven't been uploaded either. I'd love to see them too.

(..)

Last edited by a moderator:
Since Caroline became mother (of Andrea) it was widely said that she intentionally choose not to give any title to her kids. I'm quite sure that Caroline herself said this in an interview, and in any case it was always clear that it her own decision and not a Monaco law.
Furthermore Alexandra is the only one who bears a royal title from her father. No idea if Caroline disagreed and it was EA decision. In any case he is the head of the Hanover royal family and he is solely entitled to decide.
Im any case Caroline being a wife and then a widow of Stefano Casiraghi, she used to live a very different life than then being a Royal Highness wife of a Royal Prince. She used to accompany EA to many royal events. So maybe her mind related to titles has changed.
Aristocratic or royal titles pass from father to children . So Caroline couldn’t pass the title to her kids but EA could pass his title to Alexandra.

Bazaar France went to meet Naomi Campbell, Charlotte Casiraghi and Rachel Cusk for the new edition of Chanel’s Rue Cambon Literary Rendezvous.

Great to see Naomi Campbell participating, she's known the Grimaldi family for decades. And I must comment shallowly that she looks absolutely gorgeous.

Back
Top Bottom