Charlotte Casiraghi, Dimitri Rassam & Family Current Events Part 45: February 2022 -

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
A lot of critics from the french posters :
Is Chanel sponsor of Vanity Fair? Vanity / Vanitas ?, ready for the Nobel??

Yes hereditarytitles...Because all over social media I am reading criticism that VF is only honoring Charlotte because of her glamorous and Royal/aristocrat connections. And if that is the ONLY thing you know about her...the beautiful rich granddaughter of Grace Kelly and niece of Albert II you would be right to be annoyed.:ermm:

Last edited:
Had she not been a member of the Monagasque princely family she would definitely not have been the recipient of this award. It's great that she is doing something useful in her niche but that would not have been sufficient to be considered the person the year. I still don't know what her specific contribution this year was. Had it been a general award I would still have much of the same views (that it's mostly due to her name/family) but it's not, it is tied to her doing something supposedly etraordinary this year.

:previous: Somebody ...couldn't the same thing be said about almost any famous person who receives this type of (essentially) non important/fluff recognition?

Former President Barack Obama received the Nobel before he even entered the WH. I like and admire President Obama a great deal, but I am still at a loss to explain what he won for.

This is Vanity Fair, a high end society and fashion publication. It's Charlotte's world, so to speak. Of course VF is going to award a "name" when they can.

ETA: Just watched the video from above. Charlotte speaking voice in English is so much more pleasant to listen than her French one!

Last edited:
Charlotte has been interested in philosophy and literature since she was a child. Her "Rue Cambon" conversations feature important works by female authors that focus almost exclusively on issues important to women.By putting these often often little known writers in the spotlight, she uses her name to help them become better known

Charlotte purchased the film rights to African author Scholastique Mukusanga's novel "Notre Dame du Nil" which focused on life at a Catholic boarding school for girls shortly before and during the Rwandan genocidal wars of the 1990's. She and Dimitri co-produced a film based on the novel shortly after their wedding in 2019.

All of these events have been covered/discussed in her thread here on TRF.

Unlike Tessy de Nassau, Charlotte never ever goes on IG to name drop and self promote. In her acceptance speech at the VF awards, she insisted on not discussing herself at all, but mentioned the authors and intellectuals that she has been inspired by.

I have often criticized Charlotte for coming off as precious and unrelatable.. And I am not asserting that there are no other women more worthy of being honored by VF. But I am more than satisfied to see Charlotte Casiraghi Rassam receive recognition for what she does.

Well said, and as you also mentioned, it's Vanity Fair, not the Nobel or the Pulitzer.

Well said, and as you also mentioned, it's Vanity Fair, not the Nobel or the Pulitzer.
Exactly. If she was poor, ugly and from a low social level, even passionate by philosophy, she would never cross the door of such a venue, dressed and groomed like she was.
We are in the glittering fashion world, she brings her beauty and lineage, and in the top of that, intelligent and passionate by à non glitter branch : philosophy... a perfect and rare combination.

Another subject out of topic : i used to have the Royalforums mobile application in my phone, and suddenly it disappeared and cou not find it in the playstore, can someone help?
Moderators, i know this is out of topic, feel free to delete, but please help me by PM.
Thanks

To promote his newest film Dimitri has given an interview to this week's issue of French magazine Point de Vue:

** instagram gallery **

:previous:

I can't praise her enough in how good she looks in these Chanel videos. Really happy she found a way to marry fashion and philosophy together. It's so niche, but for a certain demographic, this is really the height of "aspirational." What a dream to look that good while dressed in Chanel and talking about literature.

I feel like I’m the only one not over the moon about Charlotte anymore. I check this forum once in a while about updates on her, but I’m not as in awe of her glamour, beauty & fashion as say over a decade ago. Her Chanel fashion hasn’t impressed me & she is not the stunning beauty she once was. She’s more masculine looking with harsh features. Her face has always been square-shaped like Grace, but her features used to be soft & feminine. Don’t mean to sound rude, but I guess a part of me is sad since I used to admire her style & appearance as inspiration.

I agree Kath2833. Charlotte is not so stunning anymore, her face shape and features changed a lot. Her dressing style used to be inspiring, now it is nothing special. I think that she list her glamour.:sad:

People grow old(if they are fortunate). Why feel sad or discouraged that a woman closing in on her 40th birthday in a few years doesn't look like she did at twenty?

Charlotte's face is no longer the perfect oval of her girlhood and has become more angular. Even so...there is no way to reasonably describe her as average or homely. She is striking. Her culture, her high intelligence and self assured grasp of the subjects that interest her only add to her allure.

Physical beauty ALWAYS evolves and eventually fades. Courage, intelligence...those are things that can't be lost.

I might not be as enthusiastic about some of her fashion choices in the last 10-15 years but I much prefer this version of Charlotte to the younger one. Despite her perfect oval face there were times when she appeared too precious and out of touch imho.

Marriage and motherhood have made her more interesting. And I for one hope that Charlotte will follow the example of her own incomparable mother Princess Caroline and allow herself to continue to age naturally, gracefully.

Last edited:
People grow old(if they are fortunate). Why feel sad or discouraged that a woman closing in on her 40th birthday in a few years doesn't look like she did at twenty?

Charlotte's face is no longer the perfect oval of her girlhood and has become more angular. Even so...there is no way to reasonably describe her as average or homely. She is striking. Her culture, her high intelligence and self assured grasp of the subjects that interest her only add to her allure.

Physical beauty ALWAYS evolves and eventually fades. Courage, intelligence...those are things that can't be lost.

I might not be as enthusiastic about some of her fashion choices in the last 10-15 years but I much prefer this version of Charlotte to the younger one. Despite her perfect oval face there were times when she appeared too precious and out of touch imho.

Marriage and motherhood have made her more interesting. And I for one hope that Charlotte will follow the example of her own incomparable mother Princess Caroline and allow herself to continue to age naturally, gracefully.

I couldn't agree more!

:previous: It has good reviews online. But I guess box office $$ is what really matters....:cool:

I understand what you’re saying, but for someone like Charlotte, physical beauty has & will always be an association. Not only because of how attractive her parents & grandmother were, but she herself also captivated us into following her life with her unique beauty, glamour & style. All this combined set a precedent for herself & us regarding her appearance. It’s not just that she was more beautiful, she used to put more effort into looking chic & stunning at the same time with aspiring hair styles & outfits. Now, she doesn’t really try & lost her passion for fashion imo. Which is ironic since she’s a valued part of Chanel.

That’s another thing, one of the reasons she’s a muse with them is because of her perceived beauty. I’m glad she’s more at ease now about the intellectual side of herself she gets to show more of. But being part of a superficial world, she’s expected to look & dress good. At times, she’s still lovely looking but other times, I can’t help but sadly find her average in appearance. It seems to me like the part of her that cared about wanting to look good is gone. Apologies for the rant, I’m still very passionate about what a style icon she was to me

She’s never been average. There were times in her twenties though she looked like nothing more than a partying rich girl. People stop going over the top with their clothes and make up as they get older.

:previous: I agree. I don't care for some of her outfits now but when Charlotte Casiraghi Rassam decides to pull out the stops and bring her "A" game she is still a sight to behold.

I think she's gorgeous even when badly dressed.;)

I understand what you’re saying, but for someone like Charlotte, physical beauty has & will always be an association. Not only because of how attractive her parents & grandmother were, but she herself also captivated us into following her life with her unique beauty, glamour & style. All this combined set a precedent for herself & us regarding her appearance. It’s not just that she was more beautiful, she used to put more effort into looking chic & stunning at the same time with aspiring hair styles & outfits. Now, she doesn’t really try & lost her passion for fashion imo. Which is ironic since she’s a valued part of Chanel.

That’s another thing, one of the reasons she’s a muse with them is because of her perceived beauty. I’m glad she’s more at ease now about the intellectual side of herself she gets to show more of. But being part of a superficial world, she’s expected to look & dress good. At times, she’s still lovely looking but other times, I can’t help but sadly find her average in appearance. It seems to me like the part of her that cared about wanting to look good is gone. Apologies for the rant, I’m still very passionate about what a style icon she was to me

I understand what you mean. It's having high expectations due to what's been shown in the past. And it feels disappointing when those expectations are not being met (anymore).

Besides, not every woman loses her looks as she grows older. Some retain their beauty, youthful looks, whatever. I find it nonsense to use that argument.

So no need to apologize, I would probably feel the same way.
And, FigTree, really? "People stop going over the top with their clothes and make up as they get older."

Do you call it going over the top? How about when a woman simply feels good about doing that?
As if it belongs to a certain era in a woman's life and she should then grow out of it. It suits some women. I would advise you to look up Iris Apfel. 90-plus years old, "over the top" as you call it and rocking it.

Last edited:
Last edited by a moderator:
Back
Top Bottom