Charlotte Casiraghi Current Events Part 37: March 2012 - March 2013

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Is there more to question 3? That was the most interesting answer.

No I'm sorry, there's nothing more about Swoon. The answer 3 is very brief, which is a bit disappointing. Maybe it is because Charlotte just starts this project, or also because she was giving this ITW for Gucci and couldn't talk more about Swoon.
I thought about it and I wonder if one of her friends could be Juliette Maillot aka Juliette Dol: she's an actress and a dancer, she would be the ideal partner for Charlotte in this new project. As the other friend is concerned, I don't see.
If there is something new about Swoon in the french press I promise you to run to this forum to tell you everything about it!

I was thinking the same thing about Juliette. Juliette has been pictured with her twice recently.

i really want to know her next steps and her work for swoon!! finally, something interesting about her career, plus ever manifesto, which is also nice!

The Swoon thing sounds interesting. Thanks for the info LovelyKate!

I think some of you guys waaaayyyyy overestimate Charlotte's importance. :whistling: Gad is not only more famous than her in France, he has an occupation that people care about, and I say this with no bitterness. Charlotte is a socialite, and not even a crazy-wild-train-wreck-mess type of socialite (thank God). This is honestly the first time I've ever seen her get so much attention in terms of the number of outlets talking about her at the same time. For good reason: Outside of royalwatchers and fashion enthusiasts, most people not only don't know who she is but they probably would not care.

Gad on the other hand is an actor/comedian who has appeared in numerous films. People and the press tend to be way more invested in actors in general. Charlotte is not getting him anymore attention than he is already used to.
I am really sorry. But when I say that he's getting more attention by dating Charlotte, I never meant that he is not popular or unknown or whatever and by dating Charlotte he is getting attention, I meant that he is now known as a boyfriend to a royalty (although some of us might say that the title to the princely family is a little flimsy).. and he might getting much more attention from the royal watchers. And yes, I do agree with you that Charlotte is getting more attention nowadays than before, being a face to Gucci, on the cover of magazines, high-profile boyfriend..though I have some reservations of how much she should expose herself.

I was just reading our Womans Day this week which is a weekly mag and says that the Prince Harry is going to try and court Charlotte, and told this to Pippa Middleton who is heart broken.....the mag says he has been texting Charlotte and sending her flowers......has anybody else heard about this?? Apparently he realises this will be challenge but wants to give it ago????:whistling::whistling::whistling:

:previous:

Typical tabloid nonsense ;) I think that's not even worth thinking over ;)

I am really sorry. But when I say that he's getting more attention by dating Charlotte, I never meant that he is not popular or unknown or whatever and by dating Charlotte he is getting attention, I meant that he is now known as a boyfriend to a royalty (although some of us might say that the title to the princely family is a little flimsy).. and he might getting much more attention from the royal watchers. And yes, I do agree with you that Charlotte is getting more attention nowadays than before, being a face to Gucci, on the cover of magazines, high-profile boyfriend..though I have some reservations of how much she should expose herself.

I don't think the additional publicity is harming his career as an actor, either; it never hurts to be seen in the company of a well-known figure. I never heard of Gad before he starting dating Charlotte, since he's not a top actor here in the States, but I watched his movie "The Valet" only because of name recognition. Truthfully, I would have never watched it otherwise.

I was just reading our Womans Day this week which is a weekly mag and says that the Prince Harry is going to try and court Charlotte, and told this to Pippa Middleton who is heart broken.....the mag says he has been texting Charlotte and sending her flowers......has anybody else heard about this?? Apparently he realises this will be challenge but wants to give it ago????:whistling::whistling::whistling:

And I think that report is worth as much as the paper it's printed on!:)

Last edited:

Absolutely true!!!! :ROFLMAO:

The proof of the veracity is that Pippa does NOT date Pc Harry, and Prince Harry and Charlotte NEVER met!!!! :bang:

Charlotte was in the UK for about 4 years and she and PH never bothered to meet. That's how important they are to each other.

I just wonder though how can Magazine Publications get away with reporting untruths?????:lol:

I think we all agree that it's a pure tabloid story - let's get back to the real current events! Thanks!

I found these videos of Charlotte & her two friends from "Ever Manifesto" posted on another link:

Untitled on Vimeo

WOW, I didn't know how influential they were until I saw this competition. Charlotte is certainly spreading her wings and learning to fly all on her own, it's beautiful to see. :flowers:

She really is becoming a business woman, as has been mentioned previously, and in the process (like her uncle Prince Albert) is educating the masses about using eco friendly materials and sustainability.

Lol, I agree with what Charlotte says in the video about it being interesting to see what the aforementioned meant to each participant. That was an eye opener in fact! :eek: The only one whom truly got it was the winner.

Here's to looking forward to what other little surprises Charlotte has in store for us all. First she's the "new face" of Gucci, then this fabulous collaboration with Gucci to pick the most ecological sustainable purse, as well as her continuing promotion of the GCT, not to mention her own riding. And now this interesting "Swoon" project yet to be unveiled. She's busy, busy, busy. :)

Nadine, I think the profits from the tote bag will finance a class on sustainability at the Paris Fashion Institute. Gucci alread financed a class at the Rome fashion school. To me, that was the most important result of the competition.

To me the most important part of the competition is to educate the masses on saving the environment through using eco friendly materials and practicing sustainability.

To that end only the winner truly created a bag/purse with this in mind. She used "one" block of leather to create a bolsa that not only had a beautiful aesthetic, but more importantly used only one resource material, not even glue was used. And to top it all off the bamboo was used as the handle. :)

***Note: this reminded me of when I was a Peace Corps Volunteer in Paraguay, South America, serving the village of Primera Linea Chachi. Bamboo was abundant, and as a result I had the kids create "toothbrushes" out of it because firstly they were so poor they couldn't buy a toothbrush and secondly we practiced sustainability and at the same time used an eco friendly material. A win-win situation all around.*** :)

On the contraire, the other two finalists used many materials in their creation of a supposedly eco friendly sustainable purse, with the one named Fehr using the most expensive ones as well, a huge no-no! :nonono:

Here's to "Ever Manifesto" enlightening the public in more different & intereting ways besides the pamphlet they publish periodically, but now more importantly competitions like this one (with the help of Gucci of course). Hopefully their stage becomes even bigger, their platform more pronounced to reach all the way around the world. :flowers:

"Educating the masses" sounds awfully patronizing to me. I can't quite picture Charlotte saying in an interview, "I am educating the masses". I hope not!

I agree Nadine. I thought the winning purse/tote was very clever and that the other 2 really didn't get it. The winning design was like origami. Then Gucci edited it using an origami boat design and made it even better. The videos were very enlightening also. One forgets how much work goes into making a product. Even something as simple as a tote.

Hmm, I didn't know she knew Derek. Although, considering how close he is with Dasha, Eugenie, Margherita, I don't know why I should be surprised. Even more surprised to see her shopping at Urban Outfitters. :D Wonder if she's also there to support Pierre for when he goes to court later on this week.

here's a link to one of the pictures of Gad and Charlotte in NY in better quality El economista y la modelo
she looks so relaxed style wise, though the difference of age is huge, they look nice together in my opinion

I really like how laidback and fresh her style is with him. She seems to have reverted back to her old effortless chic French self almost. I'm not particularly fond of the shoes, but she just seems so reminiscent of Charlotte pre-2008. And they do look really relaxed and happy. Hopefully it works out.

I do not like the shoes but they look comfortable for long walkings.
In the 3rd scan, the big picture she looks like her mum!
Generally she is very relaxed and stylish.

This girl's taste in men gets worse by the minute... :ermm: :lol: :ermm:

I so agree !!! So many beautiful and sophisticated men in New York ... I hope she gets "enlightened", hehe.

Nice that they paid the Big Apple a visit!

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom