Charlotte Casiraghi Current Events Part 34: March 2010 - November 2010

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Well, some women are naturally thin and curveless.

Of course. Charlotte and Caroline are naturally curveless. But they are not naturally thin. Caroline has an age when it is natural to put on some weight (my mother always says: "There is an age when you have too choose between the face or the ass. I choose the face")
But Charlotte is 23. You can tell that she is not naturally thin because her face doesn't look good, her head is too big, her legs look like sticks, etc. She is more herself when she has a few more kilos, like she had when she went out with Felix.

so I don't know if any of us are "supposed" to have a certain type of figure
Oh, I understood what Thecia meant. Of course we are not supposed to look a certain way because society tells us, but there is a natural truth and that's that most women are curvy (specially around the mediterranean) and most men are straight. I think that what she meant is that fashion tries to convince women that they should look straight (actually they produce fashion items like slim jeans than look better in thin shapeless bodies) while that's not normal or natural for most women.

Eugenie, Tatiana, Margherita all have very healthy-looking bodies.

I don't really agree about that. Margherita does have a thin healthy body but she is not Charlotte pal. We've only seen them together at some fashion events.
Eugenie is extremelly thin and Tatiana, while she has a better body than Charlotte, is thiner than she should be for her body time. I mean, you look at her body and she is o.k. much better than Charlotte, but when you look at her face you see she is emaciated, it's too hollow and bony. So, naturally, she should have some more weight.
Beatrice Borromeo is different. She does have a natural thin body. And for a thin girl she is curvy. She looks healthy and her face looks beautiful because she looks the way her body is asking her to look.

I think charlotte is a bit naturally skinny, we have all seen pictures of her ever since she was a child, how slim she was, when she was a toddler and when she was in her teens:

As a rule every toddler, child, teenager in this world who doesn't eat tons of grease and pre-cooked food is thin. It doesn't mean this person is going to be thin as an adult. But children and teenagers are naturally thin because their bodies burn a lot of energy growing and playing.
Nowadays you see many plump children, even in countries were that wasn't normal 10 years ago, because their parents don't cook proper food for them and the kids sit the whole day in front of the tv or the computer, but the casiraghes growed up in a period were 99% of french children were still thin because they played in the street and ate home made food. I'm sure they had someone who cooked proper meals for them and we know they have always done a lot of exercise.

Oh, I understood what Thecia meant. Of course we are not supposed to look a certain way because society tells us, but there is a natural truth and that's that most women are curvy (specially around the mediterranean) and most men are straight. I think that what she meant is that fashion tries to convince women that they should look straight (actually they produce fashion items like slim jeans than look better in thin shapeless bodies) while that's not normal or natural for most women.
That's exactly what I meant. I've grown up on the Mediterranean all my life - particularly in Spain - with beautiful, curvy women who were proud of their bodies. I know women come in all shapes and sizes but women naturally have curves that men don't. What I don't like is the fashion industry, spurred on by people like Karl, telling women that the only way to be acceptable is to be thin. Most of the men I know would far prefer a woman with curves than a women with bones and there are far more important things in life than your body image. I think that's something - not to put women from elsewhere down - that European women generally know very well is that confidence doesn't usually come from what you look like but how you feel. I'm not saying this is something that either Caroline or Charlotte lack (although we can comment on what we see in pictures) but I think Caroline seems to have issues of self worth. Not huge ones (I usually love how confident and regal she looks) but the fact that she's hardly ever been without a man says something about her IMO. Perhaps if she would take a little time to learn to love herself she wouldn't be so hung up on the way she looks. Looks don't last forever but the stuff you have inside of you - confidence, self worth and a love of self - lasts forever.

"Looks don't last forever but the stuff you have inside of you - confidence, self worth and a love of self - lasts forever" - Thecia

You NAILED it Thecia!! Yes, miserable people like Karl Lagerfeld (who used to be chubby - look at older pics from the '80s) who drive the need for the size 0 model have an impact on SOME people. You can be a size 14 and be healthy - could you afford to lose some pounds, probably (depending on your height), but I cannot imagine having NO body fat or muscle is good for anyone.....Riding definitely is a great work out for the muscles (arms, abs, legs, butt), so if Charlotte rides the rest of her life (she's only in her 20s), she'll always be in shape, and bounce back quickly after child birth.....which is waaay off in the future, most likely!

Beatrice Borromeo is the epitome of beauty in my humble opinion!

I don't really agree about that. Margherita does have a thin healthy body but she is not Charlotte pal. We've only seen them together at some fashion events.
Eugenie is extremelly thin and Tatiana, while she has a better body than Charlotte, is thiner than she should be for her body time. I mean, you look at her body and she is o.k. much better than Charlotte, but when you look at her face you see she is emaciated, it's too hollow and bony. So, naturally, she should have some more weight.
Beatrice Borromeo is different. She does have a natural thin body. And for a thin girl she is curvy. She looks healthy and her face looks beautiful because she looks the way her body is asking her to look.

Never once did I claim that Margherita and Charlotte are besty bestest galpals. I didn't even IMPLY it. I said "her crowd." Margherita is definitely in her crowd. Just because they've only been photographed together a handful of times means nothing. There is no doubt that Margherita and Char cross paths more than occasionally, considering Marg, Eugenie, and Tatiana are very close, plus Margherita has dated Ernst Junior for ages.

Secondly, Eugenie is many things---don't get me wrong, I'm not even that fond of the girl---but she is not "extremely thin". You make it sound like the girl is emaciated! She's what I would call naturally slender. If you look at her legs, quite unlike Charlotte's, they have a full shape to them. Case in point: Eugenie Niarchos - Page 46 - the Fashion Spot

I'm gonna assume that you mean Tatiana's weight is low for her height, which I wouldn't agree with either. How much exactly "should" she weigh? Because her weight looks just fine/normal to me. For her body type and for her height. Her face does not seem emaciated either. Seriously? I really need to see the pictures you're looking at, because I just don't see it at all. Tatiana Santo Domingo - Page 22 - the Fashion Spot
These are the most recent pics of her. What the heck are you talking about?:ermm: Her face isn't thin and her cheeks aren't sunken in...so...

And for the record, I'm an avid supporter of women in the media reflecting realistic body types.

There is a new mention of Charlotte in this article:
Polly Morgan: death becomes her | Life & Style

The artist Polly Morgan is an up-and-coming star of the London art world, promoted by the likes of Damien Hirst. Alex Dellal bought one of her works, a coffin, which he ordered in small-size. :cool:

And then there's the coffin, which neither of us has mentioned yet.

She has been reworking one to order for the artist and dealer Alex Dellal, who wanted it the same, only smaller. Smaller? I ask, horrified, like a child's coffin? 'I know,' says Polly. 'When it was finished, and Alex's girlfriend saw it, she said she didn't want it in their bedroom.' Alex's girlfriend, for the record, is Charlotte Casiraghi, Princess Grace of Monaco's granddaughter. 'I thought she was quite right. It looked like a child's coffin. What am I becoming, Cruella de Vil?' She sighs.

So I guess we now have confirmation that Alex and Charlotte live together. :D

Thanks CasiraghiTrio! Well spotted! So, we can say they live together ;)

Well finally confirmation that they live together-puts my mind at ease , I had images of Charlotte living in some squat with that dingy Alice...
I think her weight loss is certainly due to Uncle Karl,she wears his designs so much and has to fit in the samples.Same with Caroline in the 80s,she got so thin.Although she does look quite toned now from all her riding.

Are you sure they were in Paris? The words on the posters in the shop seem to be in Italian, and if Pierre was there, it could make sense Char and Alex were visiting him in Milan (or maybe Rome)... thanks to the Iceland volcano, if they are in Italy they are probably stranded there.

ETA: you're welcome, iceflower

No, I'm not sure, now after looking at the pictured shops again,
I also think it's been in Italy! Thanks for pointing that out, Grace :flowers:

she's in Italy

I'm italian. The shop is in Italy

Yesterday the airports in Northern Italy were closed due to the volcanic cloud, so they might have stopped in Rome...

It's in Italy...and it's possible they took the train from Monaco to Milan/Rome or from London to Milan/Rome.

Iceflower!!!!!!!...Thanks for the pics!...Char is stunning...as usually!!!:flowers:

She looks very pretty. Thanks iceflower for the pics. :flowers:

Charlotte always appears so pristine. I can tell she takes care of what she eats, buys, and admits into her well being. I love leather and I can see she has this sense of choosing that compliments how she looks. She's sensitive and seems to always care about others from what I can tell through looking at her stills and photos. I'd like to get to know a person like she. There's another World waiting if one can only find a woman like she. I write this to praise her. Something about her commands the admiration. So excuse me if I may seem out of line. She simply looks so beautiful. I wanted to mention it. Party on.

One of the words in the title seem "of", which is not an Italian word so I'm assuming English newspaper. Due to the delays also in train stations I frankly expected someone would pick them up in a car...

One of the words in the title seem "of", which is not an Italian word so I'm assuming English newspaper. Due to the delays also in train stations I frankly expected someone would pick them up in a car...

Agree with you, I would expect them to hire a car with driver, but apparently they live a simplier life than WE could think.

...and they must have travelled on a 2nd class carriage, of course...

if Charlotte rides the rest of her life (she's only in her 20s), she'll always be in shape, and bounce back quickly after child birth.....which is waaay off in the future, most likely!

Like mother; like daughter!!! :)

Last edited by a moderator:
Does somebody knows which brand is Char´s jean???...Thanks!!!=)

Charlotte always appears so pristine. I can tell she takes care of what she eats, buys, and admits into her well being. I love leather and I can see she has this sense of choosing that compliments how she looks. She's sensitive and seems to always care about others from what I can tell through looking at her stills and photos. I'd like to get to know a person like she. There's another World waiting if one can only find a woman like she. I write this to praise her. Something about her commands the admiration. So excuse me if I may seem out of line. She simply looks so beautiful. I wanted to mention it. Party on.
Penny Royalty i agree with you,she always seemed to be a caring person and down to earth.As a teenager she never seemed snob despite her social status,like many people she hangs out a lot..And she seems to have a good sence of humor.I always loved her photos particularly those with her younger sister.

Man,layered shirts aren't even flattering on Charlotte.
Yeah I agree she never came across as snobby,even though we haven't met her LOL.She seemed shy as a teenager,but when she kind of hammed it for the paparazzi guess it was more of fun thing for her to do.Like pretending to be a model? Kind of odd.
But she does seem like a very intelligent and grounded woman,especially considering the kind of affluence and surroundings of her family.
I think it is kind of funny you call her pristine though.Smoking isn't pristine.And when it boils to down it,she is simply a human being,as well all are.

I have to agree that I find Charlotte likeable because of how grounded she seems especially when you compare her to some of her peers. I can't say I'm particularly pleased that she's living with Alex:ermm:, but she's an adult and I'm not her mother. I also have to say, while she's definitely pretty, I've seen prettier. And beauty does not necessarily equate goodness. I'm not accusing anyone here of that, don't get me wrong, but I've been some other places where they confuse her looks with her personality, which to be fair, we know very little of. That said, if anything, her beauty in juxtaposition with her un-snobbiness (i know that's not a word, sorry:ROFLMAO:) is what's appealing. What I like is that she doesn't take herself too seriously. At least from what I've seen. She doesn't seem self-important nor does she seem to share that sense of entitlement so many of her contemporaries suffer from.

^Agree. I think that's what make her more likeable. She looks good in these pictures. And I guess it's a "good sign" she is living with Alex, that means her relationship goes very well. But they've been dating for 2 years...If i were in a 2 years relationship I wouldn't move in with my boyfriend. But that's me...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom