Charlotte Casiraghi Current Events Part 34: March 2010 - November 2010

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm thinking the author did do research. The question "Alex who?" was probably an attempt to draw her out on her private life. It didn't work but the author probably included as a representation of what they felt was Charlotte's character. Someone who doesn't really pay attention to names, who's as normal as possible. Just my opinion. :flowers:

As I understand it, in the US, models are more costly, so many editors moved toward actresses. US audience is different - some of the younger audience that enjoys Vogue want to see actresses/celebrities, rather than supermodels...I like both French and US Vogue - it's like reading 2 different magazines.....

Yep. Two completely different magazines, indeed. As different as their EICs! :lol:

Nice pictures - is that Tatiana w/her, too (not sure who the other woman is)?

^I Think the lady in (very nice) black bikini is Alexia Niedzielski. The other girl looks so familiar but I can't think of her name. They are interesting pics. Is the guy trying to get them to donate for or buy something? :lol:

^ Idk. It almost looks like he has jewelry that they are looking at. Wonder if they bought any? :lol:

Rumor has it that Blake Lively will be on the cover for the third time. That says enough about the quality of US Vogue. :whistling:

Carine put an actress on the cover this month too but that is Marion Cotillard. Talented beyond belief, interesting and super nice. Anna had Marion on her cover too, but US shot her by Mario Testino and Paris by Mert Alas and Marcus Pignot. That's the difference and that's why Paris is always better. They make every shot a work of art.

I wouldn't know who Blake Lively was if my life depended on it. And Halle Berry is undeniably beautiful, but I don't care about her, her child, or her child's father, either.

US Vogue is simply a waste of money, IMO.

However, I do agree with the poster who said there are only a limited number of things to talk to Charlotte about...beyond her extraordinary beauty and her lineage, she appears to be very much like the group of young people she hangs out with...not really that "special" after all.

BTW, the two friends with Charlotte are Alexia Niedzielski (black bikini) as I guessed above, and the other one is Luana Duchemin.

However, I do agree with the poster who said there are only a limited number of things to talk to Charlotte about...beyond her extraordinary beauty and her lineage, she appears to be very much like the group of young people she hangs out with...not really that "special" after all.

True, besides being really sweet, charming and somewhat intelligent, there might be not so many things special about her. To me, she seems a bit too uptight about her background and stuff. For some reason, she doesn't want to admit to being just like other privileged socialites that she honestly is.

Sometimes I get the impression that her name, family and her face overwhelm her a bit, in a way that they create something she can't really live up to. So her way out of it, is somewhat isolating, keeping a low profile. That's how people start to fantasize like crazy about her, but here might not be this much there.:flowers:

I have the impression she has not done a great deal with her life, and she´s already 24 years old. But, in her position, this is the easiest way. You are rich, you don´t have to make an effort to make a living, and she chose the laziest, more practical way. Why not the other way, why not make the effort and build a career? Because some people are born with ambition, in the best sense, some are not. The Casiraghi´s belong to the second group. None of them seems to stand out in anything the do. It is a pity.
I´m sure they have studied because of their mother´s advice. but to excel, you have to feel passion for what you do. Just think of most of the places were they are photographed: parties of course. They are not above the ordinary royalty members who go from holidays to parties and so on.

Honestly I think that the "interviewer" really didn't get to interview Charlotte at all. It seems like the article was to promote Gucci's line with Charlotte and Charlotte had to answer a few questions because the lady asked them, but she was reluctant to talk about her personal life, which is understandable. Thus the flippant answers.

The article should have just been about Gucci's line and had pictures of Charlotte and then it wouldn't have seemed so weak. I know we all want an in-depth interview with Charlotte because she seems so mysterious, but I don't think we will ever get anything like that. She values her privacy too much. Just my opinion. :flowers:

I have the impression she has not done a great deal with her life, and she´s already 24 years old. But, in her position, this is the easiest way. You are rich, you don´t have to make an effort to make a living, and she chose the laziest, more practical way. Why not the other way, why not make the effort and build a career? Because some people are born with ambition, in the best sense, some are not. The Casiraghi´s belong to the second group. None of them seems to stand out in anything the do. It is a pity.
I´m sure they have studied because of their mother´s advice. but to excel, you have to feel passion for what you do. Just think of most of the places were they are photographed: parties of course. They are not above the ordinary royalty members who go from holidays to parties and so on.

This post touches on something..... I agree, and disagree.... :mellow: I think Pierre certainly fits your model: handed a private university edu, which he doesn't finish (though he came so close, and failed/repeated his exams almost the whole way through) and then handed majority shares of his father's company. But this not very "Casiraghi" because the Casiraghi family (Stefano's parents, siblings, and their children) are really in your first group! Marco and Rosalba and Daniele, and Afra, and Fernanda Jr and Marzia, and Gaia, etc. They are all workers, even though born to the manor, so to speak. And as you said, Caroline certainly was never a slacker. It is perhaps a wonder that Pierre didn't imbibe more of that spirit. And then, for Andrea.... well, I think he does what he does largely because of his mother. he talks about how she inspires him, motivates him. I think Charlotte has a desire to distinguish herself as a true "professional" of something, but she gives me the impression of not quite knowing how to do it! I wonder if she eventually gains a distaste for something when she is too publicized. They made a great splash for Ever Manifesto, which second issue is expected in November this year! I don't know....... sometimes, if something is too easy to gain, too easy to achieve, it means very little, it excites little passion or excitement. Maybe Pierre should have started in the mailroom, and Charlotte as a copy aide at ABOVE instead o "editor-at-large"!:ROFLMAO:

:photo:
Charlotte y amigas no Rio de Janeiro -- I think those pics from the beach were from yesterday. Today Charlotte must have done the vet check for Tintero at the equestrian center. She will be riding Tintero only for this event.

Last edited:
Charlotte has a job. Working for PA. She has to get approval before she does anything not related to Monaco. That limits what she can do.

...Working for PA doing what? When was this suggested and/or proven? (Though much on this board is circumstantial, I grant you :flowers:)
I think we need to give them some time to define themselves. I think in the culture we exist in today, very few people know immediately who they are anymore - I think because the world isn't as clear cut as it used to be and because they are swamped with choices that didn't exist in their parents day. That's just my opinion. They could have done better but let's face it - they could have done worse too. ;)

Well...i like Charlotte.
That being said, i start:
For me, she is a sociliate that doesn't want to be recognized as one, but she does nothing to stop it. She has a..."career" in horse jumping, she is starting, she says she wants to be a pro, but when i see pics of her, i see her laying on the beach, with friends. It's ok, you can do that, there's nothing wrong with it, but instead of wasting time in the beach, why doesn't she go pratice so she can be closer to become a pro?

Her socialite period, 2007-2008, marked her (i don't want to sound dramatic, but i think it's the true) for life. She will always be recognized as Princess Caroline's daughter, Grace Kelly's beautiful grandaughter. She really, REALLY has to work hard in whatever area she wants to be good at, so she will be Charlotte Casiraghi, professional horse rider, or Charlotte Casiraghi, professional journalist.

Again, this is my opinion, i'm nobody to tell Charlotte what to do with her life.

True, besides being really sweet, charming and somewhat intelligent, there might be not so many things special about her. To me, she seems a bit too uptight about her background and stuff. For some reason, she doesn't want to admit to being just like other privileged socialites that she honestly is.

Sometimes I get the impression that her name, family and her face overwhelm her a bit, in a way that they create something she can't really live up to. So her way out of it, is somewhat isolating, keeping a low profile. That's how people start to fantasize like crazy about her, but here might not be this much there.:flowers:

Honestly...how do we know that she is "really sweet and charming?" We only ever see her interact with her friends and family, and it is easy to be affectionate and carefree around people we care about.

I think it's normal to project certain things on people that we don't know...for example because someone is beautiful,people will also often assume that person is good, or has a great character...which unfortunately is not always the case.:sad:

Charlotte has beauty and lineage and intelligence...happy accidents of birth which she had NOTHING to do with. She is still very young and her character is forming...just like her mother at the same age.

I admired Princess Caroline for her beauty and style, just as I now admire her strength and courage through adversity, and her social conscience.

It may take a while before we can ascertain if Charlotte has anything truly worthwhile or admirable about her.

Well, one thing is certain about the Casiraghis. Considering their social background the 3 of them seem extraordinarily balanced people. They could be shallow, narcisistic, cold... but they seem very caring, and family anchored and warm people.
Not just because of what we see in their pictures.
Take Andrea. In his late teens early twenties he was probably the number one eligible bachelor in Europe. Rich, famous, handsome... He wasn't the best student in the world, maybe, but most people in his situation would had been dating wanabee models and spectacular actresses. He could have had amazingly beautiful women. But he settled down, in his early twenties with plain Tatiana. Who may be sweet and caring and love him very much but is not exactly beautiful. Most people in their early twenties aren't ready to settle down. I'm not sure it is even healthy to settle down so young. But for a 20 year old guy who could have has so many beautiful women as Andrea to pick Tatiana... well, that means something.

Pierre did pic a beautiful girl. But he could have had any number os shallow empty headed girls infatuated with his money and name. Instead he picked Beatrice: opinionated, sure of herself, intelligent, belligerant, with strong political opinions... that's not the choice of a shallow or stupid guy. That's the choice of someone with a strong personaly who likes his women as strong as he is.

And then, there is Charlotte. Felix was kind of cute, but also kind of bland. he wasn't exactly handsome. And Alex, well, people don't like him because he isn't an extrovert but come on, the guy is british! You surely don't expect huge public displays of afection from a british guy. And in any case he is far from handsome.. He's got like an eye looking to Alaska and another one to Meca. And he is interested in art an culture.

So, they probably aren't special or interesting, and they don't do anything worth talking to with their lives. But the casiraghis look to me like 3 very balanced people with good furnished heads and even a bit too serious for their age.

Cool! C'est vrai. And the party has only begun! :D

I think maybe part of the problem is that when an interview like this is seen, people start to think that this girl who we have seen pictures of for 24 years and who we feel we almost know, is actually nothing like what we had imagined.

We don't know this girl beyond being able to see her beautiful and this article isn't going to tell us anymore about her. However I think the fact that people are annoyed because she doesn't have the personality they have 'projected' on her is unfair. What exactly is she supposed to be like? Maybe she isn't that clever, or that funny, maybe she is petulant, rude, has a temper. We are definitely not the people to know.

Charlotte is 24 years old. All of this talk about how she should be focused upon or engaged in some important endeavor is really a bit absurd. Most "regular" people don't even begin to come into their own until they are almost 30. People, in their 20's, are really still trying to figure out who they are. She's smart. She was diligent in school and she is a competitor. Those traits suggest that she simply requires more time and less scrutiny.

I can't imagine how difficult it might be to live my entire life, before a camera.
I grant that she has much privelege and financial capability, but people are people.

As for the photoshop pics, they are quite awful. Obviously her right hand was in place to entice her horse with treats. However, that photoshop job was amateur, at best.

Charlotte is 24 years old. All of this talk about how she should be focused upon or engaged in some important endeavor is really a bit absurd. Most "regular" people don't even begin to come into their own until they are almost 30. People, in their 20's, are really still trying to figure out who they are. She's smart. She was diligent in school and she is a competitor. Those traits suggest that she simply requires more time and less scrutiny.

I can't imagine how difficult it might be to live my entire life, before a camera.
I grant that she has much privelege and financial capability, but people are people.

You are fully right. She has the chance to do what every people would like to do, TRY DIFFERENT THINKS! Let her do it.

There are so many people who live in front of the camera but i have understood that when Char wants to be private she can totally be private. I can hardly remember a picture of her this year going on holidays, except for the latest ones. She was in Italy but no picture. And when she was on Pacha..ok. An easy view for the paps. I don't blame her either. We don't need to judge her and no one did here.
It is just a bit weird for me that she has plenty of time - i think - and wishes to become a pro, but she is not very good at riding. And don't start about the pause that she had cuz of her school. Riding isn't easy, i know, but she hasn't dedicated much time to it. If she badly wants to be a pro, she really give some time for it. (Oh.. i remember in her interview she gave a year ago with Albert, that she wasn't sure that she wants to be a pro. She just didn't know how she will continue with it in the future - if i remember correclty.How this opinion, about her wanting to be a pro, came suddenly to the surface?) Actually, i am not interested in what she does with her work life. I have better people to look and admire about there proffesions. And yes, she is still very young in order have found her destination. Of course i know people that are 24 and are achieving more things but this depends on the person. I watch her current events because i like her casual style. That's it:flowers:

Honestly...how do we know that she is "really sweet and charming?" We only ever see her interact with her friends and family, and it is easy to be affectionate and carefree around people we care about.

I think it's normal to project certain things on people that we don't know...for example because someone is beautiful,people will also often assume that person is good, or has a great character...which unfortunately is not always the case.:sad:

Charlotte has beauty and lineage and intelligence...happy accidents of birth which she had NOTHING to do with. She is still very young and her character is forming...just like her mother at the same age.

THIS. Absolutely. There's nothing in her behavior to prove that she's any nicer than say Tatiana Santo Domingo, but who gets ragged on constantly and who gets the highest praises?

Its time to move on.

Sometimes Charlotte is rude.
Sometimes I am rude.
Sometimes she feels like crap.
Sometimes I feel like crap.
Sometimes she feels like smiling.
Sometimes I feel like smiling.

The point is, the lady has moods. Like me. Like.... I think most people.
A photograph is an instant forever frozen in time.
Frown. Smile. Glare. Middle distance. Sneer. Laugh. Kiss!

We cannot define anyone as "good person", "bad person," "petulant', whatever. These are labels, and labels are oversimplified, incomplete stories about people.

If she says something "rude" to a journalist, is she a rude person? No...... She's a person who said a rude thing. You ever said a rude thing in your life? If you say no, you're either in denial or you are lying.

"I have the impression she has not done a great deal with her life, and she´s already 24 years old."

What? That's the craziest thing I've ever read - give her a chance! Perhaps it's different in Argentina but pretty much everyone I know in Europe views their 20's as the time to have fun & figure out who they are & what they really want to do with their life - they have 50/60 years of being a proper adult ahead of them. Even my older Brothers friends who are in their late 20's early 30's are still bumming around the world trying to figure life out & what they want to do with it.

It's very easy to judge people; but only once you've walked a mile in their shoes. Sometimes when you have great wealth [or even just wealth] & every opportunity & option is open too you it can become incredibly overwhelming to the point where it paralyses you. I know so many people from high school in NYC & friends from here in London who are perfectly capable of achieving everything, went to good colleges yet choose to live off trust funds & it usually comes down to them having to many choices & they just can't figure what to do ... yeah, it's the easy option but it's their choice nonetheless.

It's like they say, "To who much is given, much is expected." I guess that's what it all boils downs to. We expect alot from her perhaps because she has alot of opportunities? I don't know. We'll all just have to see.

And just to clarify, I was commenting on the fact that Charlotte seems to get a free pass sometimes, and that it seems people attribute certain qualities to her based on her looks. I don't know the attitudes or personalities of Charlotte or Tatiana. I was just saying.

"I have the impression she has not done a great deal with her life, and she´s already 24 years old."

What? That's the craziest thing I've ever read - give her a chance! Perhaps it's different in Argentina but pretty much everyone I know in Europe views their 20's as the time to have fun & figure out who they are & what they really want to do with their life - they have 50/60 years of being a proper adult ahead of them. Even my older Brothers friends who are in their late 20's early 30's are still bumming around the world trying to figure life out & what they want to do with it.

Of course, if your mom and dad can support you, you may have fun until you are 40, your brothers, Charlotte and everyone. Things are not diffrerent in Argentina, things are like this in REAL life. In real life, people have to make a career and get a job in their 20´s. And I doubt the Casiraghi´s know what it is. So, it´s my opinion, I will appreciate you don´t add expressions like "craziest" or similar, just because you don´t share them.

In fact, i am not expecting anything from the Casiraghi´s. They are not different from most royals, they live from what they have inherited.

Well, we shouldn't be unfair
There is nothing wrong on living on what you have inherited. Most of us would do the same if we had the chance (I know for certain I would).

What I find irritating is people living on inherited money and pretending to pass as normal working people or good profesionals. There is nothing wrong with not having a job if you don't need one. What's silly is trying to make excuses or pretend to be as good in any task as someone who devotes her life to it.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom