Charlotte Casiraghi Current Events Part 33: July 2009 - March 2010

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
I thought they were always blue. Nice to see her meeting Mr. Nelson Mandella, and using her stauts for world issues.

:previous:You mean Kofi Annan?

There are other pics of her with Nelson Mandela, since he and her mom are good friends I think, but the man in the recent pictures is Annan, a well-renowned Ghanaian diplomat.

Hahha, that's a funny face. Is like she is thinking "oups" :lol:
Thanks for the link to the gallery.

Is there a thread on "Funny Faces"??
If so, Char would win a prize....... anyway, why shouldn't she make funny faces - after all, her princely uncle is very good at making them!

Love the photos! Didn't like the dress from the chest up then I saw the entire thing and promptly changed my mind! Beautiful and so Blair Waldorf. :D The shoes are to die for. <3

She seems more self-assured and settled these days. Maybe it's finding her niche, her new cause, relationship or whatever. I like the fact that she's not stagnated with the same crowd. The people she's surrounding herself with recently are really successful, talented people who are passionate about their craft and I'm sure that's great for her. It's a much more mature set than the one we often see her with (aside from the models, anyone else there who's 23?).

It's great as well that she's associating herself with another designer. Chanel is out of this world glamorous but there was always something off about her wearing it. Stella McCartney's understated/feminine/uber cool chic designs suit her so much more. I used to think she'd look great in Stella McCartney. Maybe one day she'll start championing Proenza Schouler. Then I could die happy. Lol. <3

I agree completely about the Chanel thing. It's probably just me in this respect, but I haven't been "feeling" Chanel recently. I think my last favorite collection was like Spring 2007 then afterwards other designers caught my attention that I honestly think are just better. What's more, Charlotte seems to pick the most unflattering Chanel stuff, like that Bo Peep concotion from her uncle's coronation. Either that or she just can't wear it. I think the first time she ever really pulled it off was this year's Rose Ball, and that was modified! That said, I like Stella and her creations and I hope Charlotte definitely does begin venturing out past Chanel. I would love to see her in Phillip Lim, Yves-Saint Laurent, Schouler is good too, and so is Isabel Marant.

Love to see Charlotte in Valentino too. With the direction it's going it'll suit her perfectly. Any pics of Charlotte attending Chanel?

I would just love to see Charlotte in Haider Ackermann. So simple, so classy and very sensual. I love Haider, no one can drape like Haider. His collection belongs to the top of most beautiful collections in Paris. At spot number 1. Maybe still a bit too mature for her but something I think she would have to wear when she gets older.

But... I think Chanel s/s 10 are definetly pieces Charlotte should wear!

I forgot to add Elie Saab! She can't go wrong with him. Imagine seeing her in Elie Saab (instead of Chanel which I believe she's worn to every single one) at the Rose Ball?!

Love to see Charlotte in Valentino too. With the direction it's going it'll suit her perfectly. Any pics of Charlotte attending Chanel?

No. Shockingly.

Last edited by a moderator:
That dress is beautiful. I still think Elie Saab would look good on her though. I don't have a problem with Beyonce. I like her way more than I like Evan Rachel Wood, who wore Elie Saab pretty much all of this awards season, so who else wearing it doesn't matter to me.

Charlotte looks SO beautiful at Stella's show..BUT anything blue and ruffled like that reminds me of Princess Diana's early days.YUCK.and I'm so over black tights.She could de better! sigh

KOFFI ANNAN PRESENTS "BEDS ARE BURNING" NEW SONG SINGGED BY 50 CELEBRITY AGAINST GLOBAL WARMING. HELD AT DESCARTES UNIVESITY PARIS

Pic1 ** Pic2

bew.com.pl
so cute with a ponytail! reminds me of her teenager riding days! :ROFLMAO:

Last edited by a moderator:
Did Charlotte go to Eugenie Niarchos' jewelry party for Repossi? Eugenie threw a party and the Olsen Twins were there. I'm surprised why Charlotte didn't go to support her friend.

What does she see in the guy ? He looks like Dustin Hoffman in "The Graduate". But obviously Dustin Hoffman was perceived as cute both by his girlfriend and Mrs Robinson. Some of us just miss what it is.

What does she see in the guy ? He looks like Dustin Hoffman in "The Graduate". But obviously Dustin Hoffman was perceived as cute both by his girlfriend and Mrs Robinson. Some of us just miss what it is.
I was thinking of the same thing... he was really "off" in that picture...we were presented with beautiful pictures of charlotte attending this, attending that and then suddenly Alex appered with that look..:bang:..anyway, charlotte looks good ;)

Charlotte looks quite beautiful there, but the outfit is a definite no. Or maybe it's just me, but I don't like the jean skirt with tights look at all. Fro the waist up, good.:flowers:

And seriously, Alex seems to be a nice guy, he's got to be in some capacity as she's still with him and she doesn't strike me as one of those who would stay in an unfulfilling or abusive relationship. I can't believe the main objection to him is physical.

It's funny how everybody talks about how Charlotte is so much more than a pretty face, and how intelligent she is, and how she has so many interests, blah, blah, blah...
... and then these same people can't stop critizing Alex because he is not as handsome as they though he should be. Apparently pretty people should only go out with pretty people, no matter how atractive, intelligent and interesting they find someone else. If this someone else is slightly less beautiful than the "pretty person" the relationship should stop.

THANK YOU! If there's one thing good I can safely say about the Casiraghis, since I don't know them, but they do not seem like shallow people. They do not go out with the model or Hollywood types, they follow their heart and date who they love, whether these people are considered classically attractive to the majority or not.

I think I can understand the wariness surrounding the relationship in the beginning, because when they first started dating he forever looked bored and almost smug. But they're still together and almost three years and countless events and candids later, the comments remain the same. He's so ugly, she should be dating someone hotter and more on her level, ugh what does she see in him? We don't have to know. Let's just hope that she's happy, as very few people seem genuinely happy in their relationships these days.

It's funny how everybody talks about how Charlotte is so much more than a pretty face, and how intelligent she is, and how she has so many interests, blah, blah, blah...
... and then these same people can't stop critizing Alex because he is not as handsome as they though he should be. Apparently pretty people should only go out with pretty people, no matter how atractive, intelligent and interesting they find someone else. If this someone else is slightly less beautiful than the "pretty person" the relationship should stop.

I do not think that people critisize Alex because of his natural appearance. They critizise him because they think (and pesonnally I agree also) that the way he dresses and his posture do not fit neither to the style of the events he is attending nor to Charlotte herself. When they enter together in an event, they give the impression that they are attending TWO different events. a classy high society for her, and a football or basket ball final... for him. THIS is the matter and not his eyes or his nose.

I don't care for Alex's arrogant attitude (his sister, too) - like many, I don't find him attractive, but it's his attitude that makes him less appealing

I don't know what's with Alex that just puts me off.
He seems so lazy and smug. It's his whole way of presenting himself that doesn't make me go crazy about him. He comes across as one of those rich kids who don't give a damn and do nothing. I can be totally wrong, but that's the way he comes across.

And I do have to say, his sister Alice isn't really helping either.
I just can't help but think that Charlotte can do better. (Felix)

OKay, I realized my post came off a little harsh and condescending. I'm sorry.

And I totally understand about Alice. Some things which can not be talked aobut on here were not long ago brought to my attention about her and um...:ermm: yeah, I'm glad she and Charlotte don't hang out as much. I guess it just seems that most people dislike him because he's not classically handsome and that just annoys me a little. The same attitude is shown toward Tatiana, although not as often.

Okay, it's time to move on...please let's get back to the topic
of this thread : Charlotte's current events. For further discussions
like these, we also have the "Andrea, Pierre, Charlotte and Friends"
thread! Thanks for your understanding!

Iceflower
Monaco Forum Moderator

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom