Charlene Wittstock Current Events 7 : Nov.2006 - Jan.2007

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Athletes take their respective sport seriously and I doubt that Charlene will let anything get in the way of her competing if that is what she wants. Maybe she is the one that realized that by being w/ Prince Albert would hinder her ambition to compete in the Olympics. but.. then again, maybe not!

Ortino, please refer to the pics of her smoking in May. A serious Olympic athlete wouldn't do that.

Burberrybrit ( first of all -happy holidays!!) That's exactly what I was saying- maybe she ws smoking, staying up and doing lots of parties instead of focusing on exercising when she decided enough is enough let me focus on me first (and trust me atheletes in the elite and sub level are very self-centered) and then on everything else. athletes are first and foremost about their well-being, if they catch themselves straying in a negative manner then they stop...

BurberryBrit said:
Ortino, please refer to the pics of her smoking in May. A serious Olympic athlete wouldn't do that.
Well, yes they do, Serious athletes, Olympian and otherwise, are known to have dabbled in drink, recreational drugs, performance-enhancing drugs, smoking, nightclubs, nightclub brawls, sexual excapades, physical violence, scandals of different sorts, and a whole range of other sins, including the occasional junk food indulgence. Shocking? Maybe, but just another (darker) side of life, elite athletes included, with or without gold, silver or bronze medals.

Warren said:
Well, yes they do, Serious athletes, Olympian and otherwise, are known to have dabbled in drink, recreational drugs, performance-enhancing drugs, smoking, nightclubs, nightclub brawls, sexual excapades, physical violence, scandals of different sorts, and a whole range of other sins, including the occasional junk food indulgence. Shocking? Maybe, but just another (darker) side of life, elite athletes included, with or without gold, silver or bronze medals.

Well to me a serious athlete wouldn't do that. That doesn't just apply to Charlene but the lot of them.

Warren said:

With all due respect Warren I have to disagree. I have known them to do it after they have gone to the olympics or have turned "pro" but those who have indulged themselves usually loose their corporate sponsors. Bodi Miller is now without sponsors and has caused the ski team to overhaul it's rules. He is a good example of bad behavior and it's consequences. Charlene is at the end of her career and someone in her position can't risk loosing any time on training let alone to loose it partying even though she professed a shoulder injury which I think is untrue since she has been saying she's been training along and then in the recent Bunte said she hadn't because of the shoulder. That along with the smoking and drinking shots hurts her credibility in my opinion.

Warren said:

Well, athletes are human too and they do the same things that other people do.

Except aside from all of those things, some of those elite athletes are really, really the work hard, play hard types. Not all, but some. I would expect many of them (the ones that have medals in mind) aren't thinking of much but the sport and their diet and their physicality because they know (or at least their coaches know) that an athlete for the Olympic games must have their 'A-game' in order - well, except for that Bodi Miller where his focus was wrecked by his own 'olympic level' partying and hanging out all hours. He messed himself up, yes I think sure he did.:sad:

Some others are probably really very focused to make the team, but who knows what goes on in their personal lives (unless they let everybody know somehow).

I guess if CW expects to at least make the cut (she probably will not unless by some miracle I think realistically because she has not been swimming consistently), she'd be better to have put the Albert thing aside completely and get super focused -- and she needs to reach deep to pull out whatever she has in her that allowed her to get to the games and to medal before. It's not over for her just yet if she's a superwoman, I think (I guess -- but then maybe I'm just a too little hopeful for her <meaning: feeling sorry for her>, it might just be too late for her to prove herself to the SA team, they've moved on, and she doesn't really have any other prospects outside of hanging onto Albert). She's also going to need a lot of good luck too. no recurring injuries, no distractions and so on.

I hope she is serious and not just trying to fool everybody because I'd like to see her swim in the games (wouldn't that be scream!?!). but then again, maybe that little article is a cover for her sneaking around with Albert thinking that nobody can put the pieces together because there are no definite pictures?

Maybe CW is trying the 'find-a-way-to swim-for-Monaco-route-since-SA-is-out-of-reach'? Maybe Albert is sponsoring her or trying to rally his rich friends to sponsor her quietly?

anyone think Albert's PR lady would let that happen that CW would swim for MC and would she be able & ready for the fallout if it did happen?

Maybe CW is still just pushing very hard to remain the mistress and stay in Alberts sights to keep from being pushed far out of the picture since we all know Albert can be fickle; he likes sports and if she can keep his attention now by continuing to play up her swimming/dream for '08 (not like it's fake or anything, she is an athlete after all), even if it doesn't get to the games, it cannot hurt to give it a try? :flowers:

Last edited:
I think just IMO that we have seen the last of Charlene. I dont know. I wish her luck in her Olympic career cause unless she competes and gets sponsors she wont have much to fall back on when she gets to where she cant compete. Who knows . Unless Albert is still interested I dont see him and her happening. Heck who knows. :wacko:

Yes, i think you're right. It probably is mostly over because he maybe got sick and bored with all the marriage talk at least in public anyways.

I think her olympic swimming career looks a little dim for now too (she could still do it though) -- but she might be superwoman or have a lucky seal in her corner where things just come together in her favor and she could be a 'runner-up qualifyer' for team SA in '08 and gets to replace someone (if making the team is really her goal, that is):flowers:

Last edited:
Haven't heard anything on this front for awhile.

This story was printed in Germany today. A part of the article mentions the unhappy ending for Prince Albert and Charlene.

Royal families in 2007: Who marries? Who gets younger generation? Victoria of Sweden: Wedding not impossible
The 48-year-old prince Albert von Monaco been disappointing already in 2006 with the news, he has no wedding plans - neither in close nor in distant future. For months his companion Charlene Wittstock (28) was seen no more: thus no happy end in the principality.
[Der 48-jährige Fürst Albert von Monaco enttäuschte schon 2006 mit der Nachricht, er habe keine Hochzeitspläne - weder in naher noch in ferner Zukunft. Seine Begleiterin Charlene Wittstock (28) wurde seit Monaten nicht mehr gesehen: also kein Happy End im Fürstentum? ]

credit: today’s north German newspaper Hamburger Abendblatt

Charlene is back please look at polfoto web ste

This only confirms my suspicions that she is not at ALL serious about her swimming. Too much galavanting around the globe with Albert. She's a determined one.

WindsorIII said:
Haven't heard anything on this front for awhile.

This story was printed in Germany today. A part of the article mentions the unhappy ending for Prince Albert and Charlene.

Royal families in 2007: Who marries? Who gets younger generation? Victoria of Sweden: Wedding not impossible
The 48-year-old prince Albert von Monaco been disappointing already in 2006 with the news, he has no wedding plans - neither in close nor in distant future. For months his companion Charlene Wittstock (28) was seen no more: thus no happy end in the principality.
[Der 48-jährige Fürst Albert von Monaco enttäuschte schon 2006 mit der Nachricht, er habe keine Hochzeitspläne - weder in naher noch in ferner Zukunft. Seine Begleiterin Charlene Wittstock (28) wurde seit Monaten nicht mehr gesehen: also kein Happy End im Fürstentum? ]

credit: today’s north German newspaper Hamburger Abendblatt
I doubt the Monegasques will be sad if Charlene is out of the running.

Last edited by a moderator:
Well...it looks like Charlene was in Monaco. I assume that this is where the pictures were taken. Iceflower, posted this on the Albert thread. Thank you Iceflower!

iceflower said:
Prince Albert II of Monaco says goodbye to his girlfriend Charlene Wittstock as she boards a private jet at Le Bourget airport near Paris, France on January 3, 2007

Albert and Charlene
Charlene

Let the games begin!

Anybody read the same i did? They spent New Year in Austria.
Not again:bang: :bang:

Grace said:
And she uses his plane (State plane?)
I find it appalling. The mistress in the state plane. That's like Marilyn Monroe on Jackie O's turf. Everyone should know their place. I wonder how Caroline feels about her jetting off to where ever on the state plane? :bang:

Well, looks like Charlene is bringing sexy back.
And, just watch how she attacks.
All you others betta watch ya back!

I am delighted to see the proof they are still together

BurberryBrit said:
I find it appalling. The mistress in the state plane. That's like Marilyn Monroe on Jackie O's turf. Everyone should know their place. I wonder how Caroline feels about her jetting off to where ever on the state plane? :bang:

You never know....Albert might have paid for her to use that plane. I know some people who are well off here in the State's (as in big wigs with some well known companies) who, when they use the company jet they fly for free but they pay for their families to fly (as in paying for the fuel, etc.). Just because they fly in a private jet it doesn't mean that they don't pay for it.

cash, gas or something i can't remember but the rest of the saying is that no one rides for free. its just a saying people so dont get up set
i feel sorry for her because she isnt called his girlfriend but his companion. imo, i think its a sad to have such a title, at least with the title girlfriend u hope something will come out of this relationship but with the title companion leaves the future very gray.
i've tried not to watch but its like a train wreck

I wonder where she was going, why she couldn't have flown with an airline company...

semisquare said:
cash, gas or something i can't remember but the rest of the saying is that no one rides for free. its just a saying people so dont get up set
i feel sorry for her because she isnt called his girlfriend but his companion. imo, i think its a sad to have such a title, at least with the title girlfriend u hope something will come out of this relationship but with the title companion leaves the future very gray.
i've tried not to watch but its like a train wreck

Yes, it is like a train wreck and being called an official companion (although some of the press captions call her "girlfriend") can't be very pleasant although it's closer to "consort" than "girlfriend" is.

Does anyone think that this facade of attempting a comeback in swimming is part of a larger plan? That is, if she has something she can keep running back to, instead of focusing everything on Albert and her hopes to be the next Pss of Monaco, it makes her more attractive to Albert? Something he can't have so therefore he wants it more? I dunno...just a thought.

pinklady1991 said:
Yes, it is like a train wreck and being called an official companion (although some of the press captions call her "girlfriend") can't be very pleasant although it's closer to "consort" than "girlfriend" is.

Does anyone think that this facade of attempting a comeback in swimming is part of a larger plan? That is, if she has something she can keep running back to, instead of focusing everything on Albert and her hopes to be the next Pss of Monaco, it makes her more attractive to Albert? Something he can't have so therefore he wants it more? I dunno...just a thought.

I don't think she cares what she is called. I think her swimming facade is close to finished. She did say in the Bunte article she has a surprise for us. I wonder what it is?

im afraid to ask what it is.
when i think of a princess, i think of someone who is refine, mature, gracefull and imo she doesnt fit.
imo his wife should reflect the best of his qualities like putting expensive champagne in beautiful crystal. it reflects the bubbles so nicely but if u put champagne in a plastic cup, its a waste
imo

Alisa said:
I wonder where she was going, why she couldn't have flown with an airline company...
Maybe she wanted to fly commercial but Albert suggested or insisted she use a private plane. We never know.
Why do people always assume that she is wanting to do this or that. Maybe Albert is the one insisting on all these things.

Last edited:
It looks Charlene is still around but it doesn't have to mean that her relationship with Albert is serious. I think it never was.

Charlene is going to be around for a while. In the past she used commercial airlines now she is using a state plane!!!!!

Stellad

I'm not sure, but it might be Albert's personal plane; plus in Monaco the line between State owned and Princely Family owned is sometimes very fine or even blurred as the Grimaldi basically "own" a part of the State.

BTW, I don't think there is a hieararchy line between being a companion or a girlfriend; some people choose never to marry and they are perfectly fine with it (I have no idea whether this is the case).

Why shouldn't she fly a private plane if her boy friend has it available. Albert probably treats her very well with all the money he has. I think its one of the perks of being his companion.

seto said:
Why shouldn't she fly a private plane if her boy friend has it available. Albert probably treats her very well with all the money he has. I think its one of the perks of being his companion.

I think the plane is Albert's not Monaco's therefore he can do what he wants with it because he can afford to do so.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom