Charlene Wittstock Current Events 1 : March 2006 - April 2006

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Grace said:
Actually things are a little more complicated than that: the Grimaldi family is not a private family whose members can just mind their own business; they are a reigning family, so their job, their first duty, is to represent and to please their subjects. That's what they are paid for, their subjects are their employers.
This said, as Monaco is not Russia, or the US, but a small entity that relies mainly on tourism and image to survive, it is (they probably would say unfortunately) the Grimaldis' job to be in the spotlight and scrutinized most of the time; as sad as it might sound, we pay them buying mags, going to Monaco, paying attention to what goes on in a State that's not much different or more important than S. Marino or St. Kitts and Nevis (sp?).
If Charlene is not good enough for us, it just means we (or at least some of us) will stop watching gossip programs, buying mags, and we'll most likely forget Monaco even exists. I know this is a paradox, but what I mean is that, even if I totally agree that strong and offensive criticism must always and at all costs be avoided, it surely is our own business if we like Charlene, if we like Albert etc. cause we basically pay their salary, and if we don't get something we like, we could just stop paying...

Plus, if you remember Paca told us that in Monaco, Albert's reputation has definitely not improved lately, and if a Sovereign cannot "please" his subjects (in the case of Monaco this means fascinate the international public as well, remember the Before-Grace era), in the 21th century, he is completely useless.

Of course, just my honest opinion,

Kisses

BTW, just to clear the air, I'm not in the least attracted by Albert, so my post is completely jealousy-free...maybe if we were talking about Tatiana, a little hint of jealousy might surface:rolleyes: , but here, believe me, I'm objective!

How many people are there who don't like her? How many people are there who don't like Stephanie ...or Caroline? There have always been enough of them. But did it take away interest? Not really.
So just because some of you might stop being interested in Monaco and the Family just because they don't like Charlene this wouldn't mean the end of Monaco. There's more to Monaco than just that. The Princely Family plays an imortant role, yes the most important role and they can be given credit for a lot of Monaco's profit. Monaco is not the same as it was in the times Rainier and Grace had their young family ... and it will never be the same again.. but that's fine! It worked that last 25 years and it will work in the future...if you guys like Charlene or not.
Did paca really say Monaco's subject are disappointed? I don's see it that way. Paca is living around there...if this is her impression, ok...I heard a lot of different things on this issue...personally and by serious media.

michelle said:
How many people are there who don't like her? How many people are there who don't like Stephanie ...or Caroline? There have always been enough of them. But did it take away interest? Not really.
So just because some of you might stop being interested in Monaco and the Family just because they don't like Charlene this wouldn't mean the end of Monaco. There's more to Monaco than just that. The Princely Family plays an imortant role, yes the most important role and they can be given credit for a lot of Monaco's profit. Monaco is not the same as it was in the times Rainier and Grace had their young family ... and it will never be the same again.. but that's fine! It worked that last 25 years and it will work in the future...if you guys like Charlene or not.
Did paca really say Monaco's subject are disappointed? I don's see it that way. Paca is living around there...if this is her impression, ok...I heard a lot of different things on this issue...personally and by serious media.

Let me clarify my point: I didn't mean to say that my opinion, or yours, or that of a dozen people in a forum will change anything for Charlene, Albert or Monaco. What I meant is that the judgment of the public matters a lot, because it is the public that "created" Monaco after R&G marriage.

What is important, in particular, is not the actual opinion, positive or negative, but the capacity to interest the public, to attract their attention, the fascination, and it is undeniable that in a way or another Caro and Steph have fascinated the world, and thus kept Monaco on the map. It is interesting to notice that Monaco's golden eras were the 60s and the 80s, the decades in which a great First Lady put MC constantly in the spotlight and sold the glamorous dream of the perfect life, with the perfect family in the perfect place: money, sea, sun and love, this was MC receipt, and it worked best when Grace and Caro were there to sell it.
If this fascination hadn't been so important, Caro wouldn't have had to "step in her mother's shoes"as Rainier said, after Grace death, and she wouldn't have had to come back in spot light after Stefano's death. Monaco, more than any other Country in the world, needs a great Leading lady, and a dream to sell itself, Caro and Steph have been able to sell one, in different ways and less than Grace, but they have. Albert has never been great at selling this dream, and I don't know if Charlene will be able to help him keep Monaco on top. Remember that, even if we don't say it often, the appeal and glamour of Monaco has been declining for years now, and those who have been there must have noticed it.

All my hope now is in the younger generation, who has already substituted the "older" in mags and gossip, but Monaco needs the glamour.

Hope I've made myself clearer,

Kisses

Grace said:
If Charlene is not good enough for us, it just means we (or at least some of us) will stop watching gossip programs, buying mags, and we'll most likely forget Monaco even exists.
I find that hard to believe. Judging by the glee in which some of our members twist the knife at the first (and every) opportunity, interest in the doings of the Grimaldis has never been stronger. That's not going to change, whether Albert marries this woman or not.

Warren said:
I find that hard to believe. Judging by the glee in which some of our members twist the knife at the first (and every) opportunity, interest in the doings of the Grimaldis has never been stronger. That's not going to change, whether Albert marries this woman or not.

The interest in the Grimaldis is not something they magically have just because they exist; R&G "invented" it, their children mosly inherited and it is constantly decreasing since the 50s-60s. I'm not sying Charlene will detroy the interest, but as it is already wearing off, now Monaco needs someone who can attract new public and fascinate a new generation.

Kisses

michelle said:
By the way... the majority of the european media seems to like the idea of having her on Alberts side.

The European media seems to like any woman on Albert's side (well except Nicole). As soon as they see a new attractive woman with Albert, don't they start writing marriage articles? I doubt if they care about Charlene's suitability or compatibility to Albert as long as it sells papers. I'm sure they can sell more papers with stories about Albert's possible/pending/ and eventually new wife. Think about all the new front covers they can publish when Albert does finally marry (which I'm sure he will) and especially have heirs. So whether the Europen media likes Charlene shouldn't negate or validate any forum member's opinions about Charlene.

Really the only opinion that really matters about Charlene is Albert's and based on the pictures, he seems to be having a great time with her.
Did you notice the picture in Maldive where Charlene seems to be sucking his nipples (for a lot of men this is a very sensual area). With all that has happened last year, it is good that he is enjoying himself.

My main concern about Charlene is her very detail description of her first date (soon after the date) with Prince Albert including the trip back to his apartment in the wee hours of the morning. Granted she was 23 then, but it seemed like a very tacky thing to do. Nicole also gave a detailed description of her first date with Prince Albert seven years after the first date (including having sex with him) and people label her a whore.

I think after Prince Ranier's death, revelation of Alexandre (especially with an African woman), and the recent stories again about another possible child, most people in Monaco probably want to see Albert married as soon as possible. I think the standards for a new princess has probably lowered considerably. If Charlene is Albert's choice, I think the people in Monaco will welcome his choice.

I will say this again, Charlene will look gorgeous after she has all the Grimaldi resources available to her. If she does attend the ball tonight, I'm sure she will look wonderful because Albert will want to present her in the best possible light.

lilou said:
I think the probleme is not the photo paparazzi when there are in the street or at beach. The probleme is the picture in the swimming pool because it was taken in a private place. I don't read the article in Paris Match but I think the probleme of albert is this photo in swimming pool. The paparazzy musn't be in a private place.

I have a new photo of charlene. There from Gala.

That is not a very attractive photo of Charlene. Her hair is soooo limp and her make-up is not flattering at all.

I've seen better pics of her. Hope a stylist, make-up artist, and a professional groomer will get a hold of Charlene soon.

Sorry but some of you Ladies give me a slight feeling that they are just jealous.
being of the female species i am compeled to be critical of fellow females. not do to any hidden agenda or jealously. its a must and i think she is rather plan

I think CW has a very high self-esteem and she thinks she's all that and a bag of chips--dip on the side..
that will change or maybe not. just as long as she doesnt read anyone articles that have bad things to say about her

I can't stand her article--She brags about how her grandfather Nelson Mandela believes she can help the youth
is that a figure a speach to show that she is has no problems with people of difference races because that is a step up from saying that my best friend is such n such color. imo
just expressing myself and im not trying to step on anyone feelings this is all my opinion. so dont get upset

Last edited:
Albert is a Prince who inherited his position. It will take more than a few kisses in public and having a good time on a private vacation to bring him down. So let’s not start this rumor. It is rather pathetic.

I also read Paca’s comments regarding PA. I do not recall anything about him performing a poor job. I think people are putting their own spin on her comments and running wild. I do not remember reading any polls taken in the media regarding: PA’s performance as head of state. If someone read something of this nature, please post. Let’s not create another rumor.

Why are so many people bashing PA? What is the problem? . If there is something negative concerning his behavior that bothers you, why keep discussing it over and over again? If his conduct with CW was so repulsive in public, why keep writing about it? If you think his popularity is on the down scale but no merit to support this accusation, why bring it up? Why keep discussing PA’s personal life if it’s so dreadful. Change the topic of PA to something more positive. There are more areas in his life other than who he dates, and have sex with. It’s really no ones business what he does in his personal life.

No one has the right to push their values on other people, it is so judgemental.
Why all of the anger towards PA? What has he done so horrible to deserve this type of lambasting?

p.s. The recent picture of CW is very lovely. The eye makeup really enhances her natural beauty. :)

Grace said:
Plus, if you remember Paca told us that in Monaco, Albert's reputation has definitely not improved lately, and if a Sovereign cannot "please" his subjects (in the case of Monaco this means fascinate the international public as well, remember the Before-Grace era), in the 21th century, he is completely useless.

I wouldn't go that far saying Albert would be completely useless...rendered irrelevant maybe...but not useless... ;)

We all seem to have different ideas about what is expected from a future Princess of Monaco. Grace and Caroline have obviously set a high standard and lately even Stephanie seems more comfortable with her role. By putting Charlene (or possibly anyone) into the equation, everything becomes destabilized. CW's comments and actions, while on the surface seem innocuous, could potentially have deeper ramifications. Can you see someone who has essentially said she had no use for education or anything but her own personal goals heading up AMADE? Can you imagine if Caroline were to retain her position as head of AMADE and other charities and someone else was the reigning princess? It would be like having two women in one kitchen; it just doesn't work.

I don't think the public should lower their expectations of a princess just because Grace set such a high standard and Albert is nearing 50. Grace received a LOT of criticism in the early years as anyone in a public role would. And unfortunately, people are often idealized post mortem. (Disclaimer: I adore Grace and try to use her as role model for behaviour with varying degrees of success but alas even she wasn't perfect.)
However, society is continually lowering its expectations for those in the public eye and then we wonder what happened to mystique, glamour, morals, and good manners.

Charlene's introduction to the world would have been cute or expected if she were dating another professional athlete or actor but not a head of state and a new one at that. You never get a second chance at making a first impression and my first impression was that CW cares more about the fact that she is getting attention for whom she is dating and how that makes her look. Allow me to whine here, but I want the princess of my fantasy land to act like a princess, not just look like one. My mother could hold up Grace or Jackie Kennedy as examples of what a real lady is -- dignified and discrete. Those closest to Caesar have to be almost faultless. I may be a prude, or was brought up wrong, but as a Catholic, I will be/would be horrified to see this huge Catholic Mass and wedding with a Papal blessing after seeing the photos at the Olympics and the private shots from The Maldives. I agree, some of those shots should have remained private but in today's media obsessed world, you can't invite the public when you want and not expect them to want more. Letizia and Mette-Marit both had "pasts" but since they both started dating Felipe and Haakon their public interactions have been faultless.

Now that I've vented, I think we should all remember not to read tone into these posts unless otherwise instructed to do so by the author. It's hard to convey emotion through typed words and we all have certain personality traits and colloquial expressions that may or may not come through in our writings. Some of these posts in the past day or two have been heated and we all seem to be irritating each other to no end so can we all just remember that this is nothing more than speculation (and it's supposed to be a form of stress relief not something to add to it for me at least) and to use a favorite American expression, armchair quarterbacking?

michelle said:
As I'm a girl I can't say that I'm atracted to her in any way. Yes; I'd still find her swet. I like her smile...she seems kind.
She's a young woman... and with most of all you people she doesn't even seem to have a chance.
She gave that interview to PM and I just can't see anything wrong with it. She was aked to do it and she just responded to some public demand. She talked about herself because they asked her about herself.
That they raenow suing PM ... I can't really see why either.....not really ... but I think they just see the possibility (in France ) to keep things under their control a bit....maybe this is not so correct....but understandable in my opinion.

By the way... the majority of the european media seems to like the idea of having her on Alberts side.

Even though it's been mentioned on this board you don't seem to be aware of the first interview, not the PM interview, which was really tacky - I don't know whose idea it was, but she didn't have to do it. Another royal website posted another interview she gave to the South African Media back when they met in Monaco 2001 at a swim event. She gave a play by play account of the 1st date (she said she lost his number?). Someone mentioned on that board, it's probably not something the SA media would be aware of unless someone tipped them off - so after that I liked her even less & can't imagine why anyone would date anyone who did that? So do you see how some us think she's in it for the attention a little too much? Why wouldn't she want to keep quiet, why the self promotion?

I don't care how she looks, I would say she is a pretty girl & even if she wasn't, I think judging women on their looks sets us back many years, it's that her actions are so misguided & it shows immaturity - dating any 48 yr old man especially one in his position. I don't have a problem with any of the Maldive photos of her, they were on a private vacation (even if they did announce it). Now they want a lawsuit! That's why the interview was so wrong! It make's his privacy issue a joke (I mentioned this was going to happen in a previous post) & though they were on I guess a private vacation they were in a public enough space for someone to get the photos (they were kind of like sitting ducks out there?) . What would they expect to happen? I think neither one of them seems very bright?

I might of been upset about the picture in the flag trunks - just think it could have been a speedo:D (this poor guy needs some help). Anyway, I'm starting to think some of her friends & relatives are on this board?

"Did you notice the picture in Maldive where Charlene seems to be sucking his nipples (for a lot of men this is a very sensual area). With all that has happened last year, it is good that he is enjoying himself." (Quote from MyAdia)

I missed that one...

Last edited:
teense said:
"Did you notice the picture in Maldive where Charlene seems to be sucking his nipples (for a lot of men this is a very sensual area). With all that has happened last year, it is good that he is enjoying himself." (Quote from MyAdia)

I missed that one...

i think she means this pic.
say7a0.jpg

Albert almost looks to have a big a chest as Charlene!

Ann

Unless albert has a deformed chest she couldn't be sucking anything. Her face is in the middle of his chest. I don't see charlene destroying monaco. It has with stood caroline and stephanie it will with stand her. If she were to marry him she would be trained in princess matters. But as I have said earlier I don't see him getting married he is 48 and probably set in his ways. He has no reason to get married and give up his freedom and fun. He can rule without a wife he has caroline and stephanie for support. Rainier took care of the heir issue when he changed things in favor of caroline and her kids.

Charlene in Paris with Albert this weekend ( I know you can hardly see her):

sbkm7p.jpg

(sipa)

tiawanika said:
ohhh thats just nasty...urghhhhhhh.

Hahahahaaaaaaaaaaa, thats funny. My sides r aching from laughing so much at your reactions.

Last edited by a moderator:
I must agree with Pinkldy....CW introduction to the public was aweful and low class. A very good indication that she is going to remain a gf or mistress.

I cannot think of another CP who has been photographed and quoted in such an unappealing light prior to a wedding. They have both damaged her reputaion with their own actions. I think the lawsuit is their way of saying....blame it on the media.

When I was dating a older woman told me, don't make overnight trips with men. Just don't do it until your married. No speach about premarital sex, sin, or self rightousness. Just a simple rule to establish a respectable boundry. CW would have done well to hold back a bit. That ladies and gentlemen is exactly How Ann Boulin got her hands on Henry.

teense said:
...Reminds me of the picture where she put her head between his legs at the olympic stands and was looking right at the photographers---he looked uncomfortable in that one too, like he wanted to stop it...
I have looked over the Turino photos and I can't find the one you are referring to. Also, a little reminder: A majority of TRF members did not approve of Mary Donaldson as a bride for CP Frederik of Denmark citing, among other things, her lack of style: here http://www.theroyalforums.com/forums/f32/mary-princess-perfect-frederik-78.html. And I don't even want to dredge up some of the things said about CP Letizia before she married CP Felipe. That said, I understand the disappointment people have in the women PA chooses to hook up with but lucky for most of us, it's MC's problem and not ours. :p

If that is Charlene in the Paris photos, I think it's cruel of Albert to leave her in Paris while he was at the Ball; almost confirms her role as "official mistress." I think the anorak article was pretty tongue in cheek and I check the Hello! website every day; they haven't seemed particularly interested in Al since the Olympics and then his trip to London. They never mentioned the Maldives...the poll they had when CW first popped up was something like 3:1 that folks felt he was too old for her (I'm not sure how scientific it is, but that's what I remember). People said stuff about Letizia and Mary and Mette-Marit but I think they handled themselves much better.

RE: the chest photo -- it's hard to say exactly where her head/lips are...but let's just say it didn't leave much to the imagination.

Laviollette said:
I have looked over the Turino photos and I can't find the one you are referring to. Also, a little reminder: A majority of TRF members did not approve of Mary Donaldson as a bride for CP Frederik of Denmark citing, among other things, her lack of style: here http://www.theroyalforums.com/forums/f32/mary-princess-perfect-frederik-78.html. And I don't even want to dredge up some of the things said about CP Letizia before she married CP Felipe. That said, I understand the disappointment people have in the women PA chooses to hook up with but lucky for most of us, it's MC's problem and not ours. :p

Lack of style is completely different than a lack of decorum (propriety in manners, conduct, and social behavior).

In regards to the disapproval of Mary and Letizia,
1) Did either of them give a detail account of their first date with their prince to a reporter (inclduing making it back to her room at 5 in the morning)?
2) Did they hire a public relations manager after their first photographed public appearance?
3) Did they give an interview promoting themselves soon after the public was aware of their relationship with their princes?
4) If Letizia and Mary attended any public sporting functions with their future princes, were they hanging all over their princes (is it really necessary at a sporting event or a show)?

It's not fair to ask whether Mary or Letizia was photographed showing graphic displays of affection, like Albert and Charlene in Maldives, becase they were on a private holiday and according to their lawsuit they did not expect to be photographed. But, do you think Mary and Letizia would have behaved as Albert and Charlene, as we saw in some of those pictures, WITH their friends around?

Didn't the public and most publications in Spain made a big deal because Prince Felipe's long-term girlfriend wore what many thought was a very inappropriate gown to a royal wedding. Didn't their relationship ended a month or so later (of course we don't know if this was the sole reason). Some people just have higher standards for royal relationships (whether we think it is fair or not).

Also, I believe Mary and Letizia are both highly educated or at least place a high value on an education. Lack of style is something that can easily be rectified, especially when you have the resources that these royal princesses have at their disposals. Just look at some of the before and after pictures of Mary; it's amazing. Charlene will look just as amazing with the right resouces. But, there are certain things that money just can't buy.

Last edited:
MyAdia said:
Lack of style is completely different than a lack of decorum (propriety in manners, conduct, and social behavior).

In regards to the disapproval of Mary and Letizia,
1) Did either of them give a detail account of their first date with their prince to a reporter (inclduing making it back to her room at 5 in the morning)?
2) Did they hire a public relations manager after their first photographed public appearance?
3) Did they give an interview promoting themselves soon after the public was aware of their relationship with their princes?
4) If Letizia and Mary attended any public sporting functions with their future princes, were they hanging all over their princes (is it really necessary at a sporting event or a show)?

It's not fair to ask whether Mary or Letizia was photographed showing graphic displays of affection, like Albert and Charlene in Maldives, becase they were on a private holiday and according to their lawsuit they did not expect to be photographed. But, do you think Mary and Letizia would have behaved as Albert and Charlene, as we saw in some of those pictures, WITH their friends around?

Didn't the public and most publications in Spain made a big deal because Prince Felipe's long-term girlfriend wore what many thought was a very inappropriate gown to a royal wedding. Didn't their relationship ended a month or so later (of course we don't know if this was the sole reason). Some people just have higher standards for royal relationships (whether we think it is fair or not).

Also, I believe Mary and Letizia are both highly educated or at least place a high value on an education. Lack of style is something that can easily be rectified, especially when you have the resources that these royal princesses have at their disposals. Just look at some of the before and after pictures of Mary; it's amazing. Charlene will look just as amazing with the right resouces. But, there are certain things that money just can't buy.
Obviously "lack of style" was just one of the objections some had but to answer your questions:
1) no
2) no
3) no
4) no
no, yes, and yes both Mary and Letizia are highly educated although I've mentioned before that PA doesn't seem to like educated women of much accomplishment. So, alrighty then.

Another point I want to make is that no matter how inappropriately she might behave or uneducated she is, it is PA's choice to have her around. He can marry the youngest, dumbest woman in the world or have as many gf's who are young and dumb also. The choice is his and if you come down hard on the women he dates, you have to come down hard on PA as well.

Laviollette said:
Another point I want to make is that no matter how inappropriately she might behave or uneducated she is, it is PA's choice to have her around. He can marry the youngest, dumbest woman in the world or have as many gf's who are young and dumb also. The choice is his and if you come down hard on the women he dates, you have to come down hard on PA as well.

This is so true!!!

Albert chose Charlene and continues to see her, so obviously he's attracted to her. I don't know what other type of women he has dated in the past, I started reading about him after the Nicole story. After reading the initial story in the U.S. about Albert recognizing his love child with a black woman whom he had a 5-year relationship with, I thought this was a rare fairytale romance. I have never heard of a European prince having a relationship with a black woman, so I was rather intrigued (I later laearned about Angela & Max). After reading several interviews that she gave, I thought Nicole was rather calculating, delusional, and desparate. But, Albert chose her.

So, is Charlene and Nicole the typical type of woman Albert has dated in the past?

Princesses Mary was in marketing, Mathilde was a child speech therapist and from a noble family, Maxim was in the financial industry, and Letizia was a newscaster before they all met their prince. I believe Mette Merit was the only one who wasn't working in a professional industry. Plus, all the princess were highly educated, except MM.

MyAdia said:
well and lucky for her that soon we will open our own plastic surgery clinic right above the HPG. And she already has her own sports clinic at hand too, in case she still considers swimming as her main activity besides PA. ;) :D

MyAdia said:
This is so true!!!

Albert chose Charlene and continues to see her, so obviously he's attracted to her. I don't know what other type of women he has dated in the past, I started reading about him after the Nicole story. After reading the initial story in the U.S. about Albert recognizing his love child with a black woman whom he had a 5-year relationship with, I thought this was a rare fairytale romance. I have never heard of a European prince having a relationship with a black woman, so I was rather intrigued (I later laearned about Angela & Max). After reading several interviews that she gave, I thought Nicole was rather calculating, delusional, and desparate. But, Albert chose her.

So, is Charlene and Nicole the typical type of woman Albert has dated in the past?

Princesses Mary was in marketing, Mathilde was a child speech therapist and from a noble family, Maxim was in the financial industry, and Letizia was a newscaster before they all met their prince. I believe Mette Merit was the only one who wasn't working in a professional industry. Plus, all the princess were highly educated, except MM.
And MM is the only CP who is not popular in her country of Norway. It has more to do with her performance or lack thereof than her education but her lack of education seems to stifle her or make her insecure in the role of CP. So while education may not be the end all, it is important in a role such as Sovereign Princess, which is what Charlene or whoever PA decides to marry would be. I can't say he has never dated a woman with a college degree but I can't recall one. He doesn't seem to think that is important to MC or even for his own intellectual stimulation. Charlene is certainly better than the bimbos of his recent past and I think that's why a lot of people want to give her a chance. But that doesn't say much about PA that at 48, Charlene is one of the best he's done so far.

MyAdia said:
MM was a student (I think psychology). THey actually did both go to London for a while to persue their studies (Or at least that was the official version). So she is not completely uneducated either (she still surpasses Pdi in education, who was possibly the least educated of them all, much younger then CW and still managed to appropriately behave - btw take away the comparison with PAs age and you will not attribute her behaviour to the foolishness of young people. She is not a teenager anymore, she is at an age were other women are married with children, have a demanding profession and heaps of responsibilities to take care of. She never had to do that. She is a pampered athlete who never had to do anything but swim and whose psyche is probably terribly fragile, because most high strung athletes have problems giving their full performance when outside things disrupt their concentration. Inspite of what one would expect, they can not handle stress unless the one directly related to their sport. Only very few can win a medal in spite of outside stress. So taking this aspect, what sort of princess would she make? How long could she handle the constant pressure plus add the pressure that any relationship entails.....??)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom