British Royal Family Engagements 2017

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Using these figures are only one way to do it, especially showing how lazy the young royals - particularly Harry - are. Harry has been unemployed now for 2.5 years and does very little. His figures are inflated because this year the CC decided to count every single event at the Invictus Games as a separate event whereas normally with events like this they say 'attended the Olympic Games, Commonwealth Games' but they know they need to pad Harrys' figures - compared to William who only worked for half a year (my figures don't count the separate sports as separate events so there will be a difference there)
I don’t think it’s fair to single out Harry like this. By that definition, Kate he never worked during her marriage and thus should have had much higher numbers in the past. And Emily Andrews did do an article on William’s job and thus the affect of it on his availability for royal duty. Let’s just say people were misled on how busy he actually is there. And I don’t think it’s the fair to say it’s not right to count the games Harry attended at IG as separate events. He spent significant time at each and engaged with both people in the crowd and competitors. I do think it’s fair to give him credit for that. IG is also different than Olympics in that it required a lot more involvement from Harry than Olympics did for the royals. That’s not a knock at anyone, just stating a fact as Olympics is well established whereas IG is in its infancy with less sophisticated system. It’d also be interesting to see how many games per day each royal attend to garner only one mention? I know for IG, Harry was out there from early morning games to late games during the day. There are also things that he does that doesn’t get counted as separate when they are. Like for his BBC guest editorship, he’d only get one entry whereas he has actually done the work over a period of time at different times and different places. It happens and it’s not always entirely fair, but if we are going to go with the numbers, then we have to go with the numbers.

We do have to keep in mind that numbers are only one part of it. And it should be a holistic approach when we decide to judge people on whether someone is lazy. However, I do agree that they younger generation should do more and could do even without the retirement of older generations.

Last edited:
I think just measuring the number of engagements isn't useful unless the impact of those engagements is also measured. How many attendees are at the engagements? How much money is raised? Are these grip-and-grin appearances, or are they giving speeches? I would think the focus should be on real impact the royals have on the causes they have adopted.

The number of engagements metric was always important to Philip, but as times change and subjects don't get enthused by royals who drop by and do some perfunctory thing and later refer to the townspeople as "characters", the number of engagement importance will change to to a metric about impact and success of a charitable endeavor and that royal's measurable impact.

This won't happen with Charles. He'll keep on going like the energizer bunny, because his giant staff will have justified work as he fulfills all of his scheduled engagements.

I don’t think it’s fair to single out Harry like this. By that definition, Kate he never worked during her marriage and thus should have had much higher numbers in the past. And Emily Andrews did do an article on William’s job and thus the affect of it on his availability for royal duty. Let’s just say people were misled on how busy he actually is there. And I don’t think it’s the fair to say it’s not right to count the games Harry attended at IG as separate events. He spent significant time at each and engaged with both people in the crowd and competitors. I do think it’s fair to give him credit for that. IG is also different than Olympics in that it required a lot more involvement from Harry than Olympics did for the royals. That’s not a knock at anyone, just stating a fact as Olympics is well established whereas IG is in its infancy with less sophisticated system. It’d also be interesting to see how many games per day each royal attend to garner only one mention? I know for IG, Harry was out there from early morning games to late games during the day. There are also hints that he does that doesn’t get counted as separate when they are. Like for his BBC guest editorship, he’d only get one entry whereas he has actually done the work over a period of time at different times and different places. It happens and it’s not always entirely fair, but if we are going to go with the numbers, then we have to go with the numbers.

We do have to keep in mind that numbers are only one part of it. And it should be a holistic approach when we decide to judge people on whether someone is lazy. However, I do agree that they younger generation should do more and could do even without the retirement of older generations.

:previous: Exactly. Harry's numbers are not being padded because of IG, what a ridiculous statement. IG is a huge undertaking that Harry is extremely involved in from start to finish. He is at the games for up to 16 hours a day plus working the media rounds, doing behind the scenes logistics work, presenting medals, cheering folks on and engaging the public. It is possibly the most intense event for any given BRF member in terms of media and public engagement.

I was happy to see IG finally count properly.

In addition, Harry obviously put a lot of time into his events. He put hours into the BBC 4 editing role that would not be counted in the CC. I think of the young royals Harry puts the most into his work. Another example is Full Effect. Chantelle mentioned that Harry is up there working with them monthly, but he only does media events with them a few times a year.

I also agree that this notion that the younger royals can't do much because of the number of older royals is IMO false. Again, the younger royals seem intent on building their own portfolios. They have a foundation and there are PLENTY of causes and charities not currently championed by a royal they can invest in. Harry and Will were in the service, but it is simply ridiculous to claim Kate couldn't do more.

And if the RF is holding Kate back so she won't eclipse her husband (which IMO doesn't ring true), then they are fools. Somehow, I do not get the sense that Kate is chomping at the bit to be busy and being held back by the nasty palace. As it were, William is said to be pretty independent, so one would hope that if his wife was being held by from pursuing royal duties because of fears of a Diana-mania 2.0 (which Kate does not inspire that sort of following for the record), I would hope William would set the courtiers straight out of respect for his wife.

In addition, Harry obviously put a lot of time into his events. He put hours into the BBC 4 editing role that would not be counted in the CC. I think of the young royals Harry puts the most into his work. Another example is Full Effect. Chantelle mentioned that Harry is up there working with them monthly, but he only does media events with them a few times a year.

I wasn’t aware of that BBC isn’t counted in CC, but then again, I don’t check often. I just figured it was an engagement.

But yes! Full Effect! We should also take things like that into account before we call people lazy. If the Cambridges have something like that, where it doesn’t count towards CC, we should talk about it when we hear things like this as wel!

And there are things that Harry takes part in that we don’t know about either because CC doesn’t include it or at times even KP twitter doesn’t include it. Like his meeting with PM of Fiji in late November. It wasn’t in CC, and KP twitter didn’t mention it either for some reason. We only found out because the PM of Fiji tweeted it, which I don’t know how many people outside of Fiji actually checks regularly. So it does seem he does quite some stuff that we don’t see or hear about. And only find out by accident.

The importance of the CC will recede when ... things change. There's going to be a different way of calculating BRF member's success in endeavors.

The Cambridges and Harry see this. Charles does too, but he has to fall on his sword and be the link to the future. I mean that in a figurative way.

The importance of the CC will recede when ... things change. There's going to be a different way of calculating BRF member's success in endeavors.

The Cambridges and Harry see this. Charles does too, but he has to fall on his sword and be the link to the future. I mean that in a figurative way.

How are you proposing impact be measured? What criteria are you going to measure? Are you only going to measure those engagements relating to charity? What about Trooping, wreath laying on Remembrance Sunday, meeting heads of state, hospital visits? What about visits associated with patronage’s not of charities such as Anne and the Olympics, William with the Football Association, the Duke of Kent with Wimbledon or all of the royals with their military appointments?

How are you proposing impact be measured? What criteria are you going to measure? Are you only going to measure those engagements relating to charity? What about Trooping, wreath laying on Remembrance Sunday, meeting heads of state, hospital visits? What about visits associated with patronage’s not of charities such as Anne and the Olympics, William with the Football Association, the Duke of Kent with Wimbledon or all of the royals with their military appointments?

I'm not proposing anything. I just know that charity and patronage arrangements of the fine BRF are going to change. There might be less tolerance of unpleasant family members, and perhaps more sympathy and support for family members who have been doing unsung work for... 50 years or more. The Kents and the Gloucesters are truly the unsung heroes.

Today's younger primary royals are doing what they should be doing.

Her Majesty and her staff were not born yesterday.

I think, based on the figures we can know and analyse, because thats all we can measure on at the moment, iluvbertie's count of days worked is potentially a useful tool to help see who is working hard as well. Yes, a royal could cram 20 5 minute audiences with people in one day to boost numbers but when you look at people like Anne you see not only is she doing a high number of engagements but she is working on a high number of days every year.

On behalf of us all I'd like to thank iluvbertie for all her hard work tallying all the engagements. It is much appreciated, and a big reason many of us visit this site so often.

I am slowly working through the royal by royal analysis which I am aiming to start putting up either later today Sydney time or tomorrow (at the moment the document is over 277 pages but it will reduce rather rapidly when I get stuck in properly as there are over 500 organisations listed for every royal at the moment and 200 types but that will be reduced to only those that they were actually involved in doing.

Adding my thanks as well to Iluvbertie for all of the work that is required to keep this thread open. Hoping that someone at the British Monarchy site will finally keep the online Court Circular updated!

Weekly Update to 20th December 2017

Before I start putting up my analysis I need to make some notes regarding the information I had access to and its failings.

It should be noted that the online CC has been appalling this year with the following dates missing:

January: 2nd, 4th, 7th, 14th, 21st and 28th

February: 11th, 17th, 18th, 19th, 20th, 21st, 22nd,23rd, 24th, 25th, 26th and 27th (from elsewhere I believe there were about 95 engagements between the 17th and 27th February

March: 19th and 26th March

April: 14th, 15th, 16th and 17th April (Easter Long Weekend so not unusual for no engagements)

May: 2nd (Harry undertook engagement/s on this day according to some reports and Andrew was on the 2nd day of an overseas visit (not normal to have no engagements on the 2nd day of a short tour – or any tour for that matter) 14th and 28th

June: 9th, 10th (it would be normal for the birthday of a senior royal such as Prince Philip to be noted in the CC – the rest of the Queen, her children and her daughters-in-law were so acknowledged along with the wedding anniversary but not Philip’s 96th birthday), 16th, 17th (this was the day that the Queen and William went to Grenfell Tower), 18th (Trooping the Colour) and 30th (the first day that Charles and Camilla were in Canada – the CC recorded them leaving on the 29th and listed a number of engagements on the 1st July so it doesn’t make sense that they would have gone all that way on the 29th and then have a rest day before undertaking one day of engagements before returning to the UK)

July: 23rd

August: 8th, 11th, 12th, 17th, 21st, 22nd, 26th, 28th and 31st (not unusual for a lot of no engagements days in August due to the summer holiday break)

September: 2nd, 13th (again unusual for the second day of an overseas visit to have no engagements and both Edward and Anne were on the second day of such visits neither of which tours were more than a week), 22nd, 23rd (again rare for a royal to have two days off when overseas and Andrew was in Australia – having been here since the 18th and remaining until the end of the following week – one day off yes but two???) It should also be noted that Harry’s arrival in Canada for the IG wasn’t even noted which would be extremely strange for him to have not had an official greeting by the GG at least.

October: 14th

November: 5th (Charles and Camilla were overseas but this was an extended tour so I suspect this was a ‘down day’ for them having visited a number of countries and been away already for 5 days and another 4 days of engagements afterwards), 26th

December: 2nd, 3rd, 10th,17th, 21st, 22nd, 23rd, 24th, 25th, (despite the fact that we see them all going to church that church service is not an official engagement for any of them), 26th, 27th, (this was the day Harry guest edited the BBC Radio programme which had been listed in the Future Engagements but no update since before Christmas so not there), 28th, 29th, 30th, 31st.

Regarding Church Services – when at Balmoral and Sandringham the CC usually indicates that Divine Service was held at the nearby church and even who preached the sermon. There is never a list of who attended that service and so I don’t count those church services. I only count engagements where a specific royal is mentioned by name. There have even been engagements where a picture of a royal was clearly shown of the royal at the event but they weren’t listed in the CC and so to me they weren’t there officially and so they don’t count.

This will mean that my figures will differ considerably in many cases from those of Mr O’Donovan who has access to the printed CC in The Times and/or The Telegraph.

I would also like to remind people, and inform those who may not have read my previous guide, if you add up the ‘types of engagements’ or ‘organisations’ you won’t get the same figure as the total as one engagement might be ‘visited xxx, toured yyy, met people and had luncheon’. That is ONE engagement in the total engagements but four for ‘types of engagements’. With the organisations there have been occasions when two or more royals were at the same event of which one was a patron, so all got the credit. The other thing that happened is that one event might be for more than one charity or organization.

There will be multiple posts over the next hour or so - the last of which will be my analysis of Princess Alexandra but each one will take some editing once in the 'posting' box so please be patient as you may be waiting for a particular royal and it not come up fast enough for you.

Please note - these are my figures and done my way. Someone else may do them differently or disagree with my way of doing them as it their right but if you are going to argue that my way is 'wrong' please don't expect any comment from me. I will no be defending my way of doing things as I have explained them many times over the years.

My final figures and the percentage of the total that they did.

HM The Queen – 273 (7.7%)
HRH The Duke of Edinburgh – 114 (3.2%)
HRH The Prince of Wales – 533 (15.0%)
HRH The Duchess of Cornwall – 216 (6.1%)
HRH The Duke of Cambridge – 187 (5.3%)
HRH The Duchess of Cambridge – 99 (2.8%)
HRH Prince Henry of Wales – 175 (4.9%)
HRH The Duke of York – 325 (9.2%)
HRH Princess Beatrice – 1 (0.02%)
HRH Princess Eugenie – 2 (0.05%)
HRH The Earl of Wessex – 285 (8.0%)
HRH The Countess of Wessex – 203 (5.7%)
HRH The Princess Royal – 521 (14.7%)
Vice-Admiral Timothy Laurence – 64 (1.8%)
HRH The Duke of Gloucester – 229 (6.4%)
HRH The Duchess of Gloucester – 107 (3.0%)
HRH The Duke of Kent – 146 (4.1%)
HRH Prince Michael of Kent – 2 (0.05%)
HRH Princess Michael of Kent – 2 (0.05%)
HRH Princess Alexandra – 67 (1.9%)

The League Table

HRH The Prince of Wales – 533
HRH The Princess Royal – 521
HRH The Duke of York – 325
HRH The Earl of Wessex – 285
HM The Queen – 273
HRH The Duke of Gloucester – 229
HRH The Duchess of Cornwall – 216
HRH The Countess of Wessex – 203
HRH The Duke of Cambridge – 187
HRH Prince Henry of Wales –175
HRH The Duke of Kent – 146
HRH The Duke of Edinburgh – 114
HRH The Duchess of Gloucester – 107
HRH The Duchess of Cambridge – 99
HRH Princess Alexandra – 67
Vice-Admiral Timothy Laurence – 64
HRH Princess Eugenie of York – 2
HRH Prince Michael of Kent – 2
HRH Princess Michael of Kent – 2
HRH Princess Beatrice of York – 1

Year to Date Total – 3551

Comparison with last year – 3942-3551=391 fewer this year in comparison to last year. NB With the huge number of missing date this is what they are recording so that is what it is – down 391.

Percentage of Engagements

90s (Elizabeth, Philip) – 10.9%
80s (Edward Kent, Alexandra) – 6.0%
70s (Camilla, Richard, Birgitte, Michael, Marie-Christine) – 9.2%
60s (Charles, Anne, Tim) – 34.9%
50s (Andrew, Edward, Sophie) – 22.9%
30s (William, Kate, Harry) – 13.0%
20s (Beatrice, Eugenie) – 0.1%
Over Retirement Age (65) (All the 60s upwards) – 64.0%

Number of Days on which a royal undertook Official Engagements to 20th December, 2017

HM The Queen – 114
HRH The Duke of Edinburgh – 69
HRH The Prince of Wales – 173
HRH The Duchess of Cornwall – 87
HRH The Duke of Cambridge – 106
HRH The Duchess of Cambridge – 59
HRH Prince Henry of Wales – 97
HRH The Duke of York – 140
HRH Princess Beatrice of York – 1
HRH Princess Eugenie of York – 2
HRH The Earl of Wessex – 124
HRH The Countess of Wessex – 95
HRH The Princess Royal – 179
Vice-Admiral Timothy Laurence – 35
HRH The Duke of Gloucester – 104
HRH The Duchess of Gloucester – 69
HRH The Duke of Kent – 92
HRH Prince Michael of Kent – 2
HRH Princess Michael of Kent – 2
HRH Princess Alexandra – 49

Types of Engagements to 20th December, 2017

To do a full list with a total would take pages so I will be putting up a list royal by royal as this analysis continues.

Specific Charities or Organisations Supported via an Official Engagement to 20th December, 2017

I am going to do the same with this as with Types of Engagements as there are over 500. These are all ones that need words like ‘Patron, Vice-Patron, President, Member, Visitor’ etc – something to indicate an official connection.

Next year as I will be working only 4 days I am planning on having a separate page for those events for which the royal concerned has no official connection e.g. opens the library at a school.

Another note here – if the Patron etc was accompanied by another royal that other royal also got the credit e.g. Kate went to Wimbledon in her official capacity and was accompanied by William, so William was included as it was an ‘official patronage’.

Overseas Engagements to 20th December, 2017

Total – 767

HRH The Prince of Wales – 170
HRH The Duchess of Cornwall – 81
HRH The Duke of Cambridge – 54
HRH The Duchess of Cambridge – 43
HRH Prince Henry of Wales – 37
HRH The Duke of York – 107
HRH The Earl of Wessex – 57
HRH The Countess of Wessex – 62
HRH The Princess Royal – 86
Vice-Admiral Timothy Laurence – 24
HRH The Duke of Gloucester – 12
HRH The Duchess of Gloucester – 20
HRH The Duke of Kent – 14

Royal Palaces where Events Occurred to 20th December, 2017

NB This is a count of number of engagements not number of royals who attended an engagement at the palace so an engagement where 2 or more royals attended the same event is counted here as one engagement at that venue.

Buckingham Palace (other than HM) – 287
Buckingham Palace (Her Majesty) – 151
Kensington Palace – 88
St James’ Palace – 68
Windsor – 26
Holyrood House – 26
Sandringham House – 12
Balmoral – 6
Clarence House – 126
Marlborough House – 3
Dumfries House – 41
Edinburgh Castle – 4
Hillsborough Castle – 4
Frogmore House – 2

Full Analysis HM The Queen

Total Count – 273
Percentage of Total – 7.7%
Days on Which Official Engagements were Undertaken – 114
Number of Engagements Undertaken Overseas – 0

Types of Engagements Undertaken:

Addressed – 3
Afternoon Party – 5
Arrived – 4
Audience – 93
Carriage Procession – 1
Ceremony – 1
Chelsea Flower Show – 1
Church Service – 7
Commemorative Service – 1
Commissioned – 1
Council – 12
Court – 1
Decorated Individual – 2
Dedication Service – 1
Diplomatic Corps Reception – 1
Drove – 4
Farewelled – 1
Fed Elephant – 1
Festival of Remembrance – 1
Flypast – 2
Funeral – 1
Handed Over Keys – 1
Inspected Parade – 5
Invested Individual – 12
Investiture – 7
Launch – 1
Luncheon – 14
March Past – 1
Memorial Commemoration – 1
Met People – 33
Named – 2
Opened – 10
Performance – 2
Placed Time Capsule – 1
Presented Award – 2
Presented Colours – 2
Presented Guidon – 1
Presented Leeks – 1
Presented Medals – 3
Prize Giving – 1
Races – 7
Received – 60
Received Address – 5
Received by – 6
Received Keys – 2
Received Sword – 1
Reception – 8
Remembrance Day Ceremony – 1
Re-Opened – 2
Replied to Address – 4
Returned Keys – 2
Returned Sword – 1
Reviewed Troops – 1
Salute – 5
Service of Remembrance – 1
Started Production Line – 1
State Banquet – 1
State Opening of Parliament – 1
Thanksgiving Service – 1
Toured – 9
Travelled by Boat – 1
Travelled by Train – 1
Unveiled – 1
Viewed – 19
Visit – 16
Visited by – 3
Walked – 1
Was Called Upon – 3

Charities and Organisations Supported:

Chelsea Flower Show – 1
Duchy of Lancaster – 6
Honorary Military – 19
Leonard Cheshire Disability – 1
Members of the Order of Merit -1
Most Excellent Order of the British Empire- 1
Motability – 1
Order of the Companions of Honour – 2
Royal Society of Edinburgh – 1
Sue Ryder Care – 1
Sutton's Hopsital in Charterhouse – 1
University of East Anglia – 1
Zoological Society of London – 1

Full Analysis HRH The Duke of Edinburgh

Total Count - 114
Percentage of Total – 3.2%
Days on Which Official Engagements were Undertaken – 69

Afternoon Party – 4
Arrived – 2
Carriage Procession – 1
Ceremony – 1
Chelsea Flower Show – 1
Church Service – 6
Dedication Service – 1
Dinner – 15
Drove – 2
Farewelled – 1
Fed Elephant – 1
Festival of Music – 1
Flypast – 2
Funeral – 1
Launch – 1
Luncheon – 7
Meeting – 2
Memorial Commemoration – 1
Met People – 14
Opened – 9
Parade – 1
Performance – 1
Presented Award – 2
Races – 1
Received – 12
Reception – 15
Re-Opened – 1
Salute – 2
Service of Remembrance – 1
State Banquet – 1
Thanksgiving Service – 1
Toured – 1
Travelled by Boat – 1
Travelled by Train – 1
Unveiled – 1
Viewed – 12
Visit – 7
Was Invested – 1

Action Medical Research – 1
Air League – 1
Book Aid International – 1
Bray Fellowship – 1
Britain-Australia Society – 1
British Association for Shooting and Conservation – 1
British Heart Foundation – 1
Chartered Management Institute – 1
Chelsea Flower Show – 1
Duke of Edinburgh's Award – 5
Duke of Edinburgh's International Award Foundation – 1
Federation of London Youth Clubs – 1
Fishmonger's Company – 1
Game and Wildlife Conservation Trust – 1
Honorary Military – 18
Incorporation of Hammermen of Glasgow – 1
Jesters Club – 1
London Youth – 1
Marylebone Cricket Club – 1
Members of the Order of Merit – 1
Most Excellent Order of the British Empire – 1
Naval and Military Club – 1
Order of the Companions of Honour – 2
Pakistan Society – 1
Plan International UK – 1
Prince Philip Trust Fund for the Royal Borough of Windsor and Maidenhead – 1
Royal Institute of Navigation – 1
Royal Yacht Squadron – 1
Smeatonian Society of Civil Engineers – 1
St Nazaire Society – 1
Sutton's Hopsital in Charterhouse – 1
Travellers Club – 1
University Chancellor – 1
Windsor Forest Bowman – 1
Zoological Society of London – 1

Full Analysis HRH The Prince of Wales

Total Count - 533
Percentage of Total – 15%
Days on Which Official Engagements were Undertaken – 173
Number of Engagements Undertaken Overseas – 170

Act of Remembrance – 1
Afternoon Party – 1
Awards Ceremony – 4
Briefing – 1
Called Upon – 12
Carriage Procession – 1
Celebration – 4
Ceremony – 2
Church Service – 6
Commemoration – 3
Commonwealth Games Baton Relay Event – 1
Concert – 5
Conference – 4
Dedication Service – 1
Dinner – 39
Discussion – 2
Drove to Horseguards – 1
Edinburgh Military Tattoo – 1
Fair – 1
Farewelled – 1
Flagship Event – 1
Forum – 1
Funeral – 2
Gala – 1
Garden Party – 1
Graduation Ceremony – 1
Inauguration – 1
Inspected Parade – 1
Investiture – 11
Laid Wreath/Flowers – 7
Launch – 4
Luncheon – 1
Meeting – 82
Met People – 10
Opened – 9
Opening – 2
Parade – 1
Performance – 4
Presentation – 1
Presented Guidon – 1
Presented Insignia – 1
Presented Medals – 1
Prize Giving – 1
Racing Weekend – 1
Received – 74
Received Award – 1
Received by – 20
Received Honourary Degree – 1
Reception – 56
Recital – 3
Rehearsal – 2
Service of Remembrance – 2
Show – 1
State Banquet – 1
State Opening of Parliament – 1
Tea Party – 1
Thanksgiving Service – 2
Toured – 2
Viewed – 2
Visit – 156
Visited by – 1
Walked – 1
Was Called Upon – 1
Welcomed – 1

Abbeyfield Society – 1
AMAR International Charitable Foundation – 1
Atlantic Salmon Trust – 2
Birmingham Royal Ballet – 1
British Asian Trust – 4
British Council – 1
British Geriatrics Society – 1
British Institute of Florence – 2
British Red Cross Society – 3
Business in the Community – 6
Campaign for Wool – 1
Churches Conservation Trust – 1
Crown Estate – 3
Duchy of Cornwall – 2
Duchy of Lancaster – 1
Duchy Originals – 2
Dumfries House Trust – 10
Elephant Family – 1
Fara Foundation – 1
Global Reach Challenge – 1
Holocaust Memorial Day Trust – 1
Honorary Military – 20
I. L. Caragiale National Theatre – 1
In Kind Direct – 3
International Network for Traditional Building, Architecture and Urbanism – 3
King Edward's Hospital Fund for London – 1
Macmillan Cancer Support – 1
Monteverdi Choir and Orchestra – 1
Music in Country Churches – 1
National Gallery Trust – 1
National Trust for Places of Historic Interest or Natural Beauty – 3
National Trust for Scotland – 2
North Highland Initiative – 1
Oxford Centre of Islamic Studies – 1
Plantlife International - the Wild Plant Conservation Charity – 1
Prime Cymru – 1
Prince of Wales Foundation, Romania – 1
Rare Breeds Survival Trust – 1
Royal Botanic Gardens – 1
Royal Collection Trust – 3
Royal College of Music – 3
Royal Conservatoire of Scotland – 1
Royal Drawing School – 4
Royal Geographical Society – 1
Royal Parks – 1
Royal Shakespeare Company – 1
Royal Welsh College of Music and Drama – 1
Samaritans – 1
Scotland's Gardens Scheme – 1
Scottish Business in the Community – 1
Scottish Highland Games Association – 1
Soil Association – 1
Specialist Cheesemakers Association – 1
Step Up to Serve – 1
Teach First – 2
The Prince of Wales Charitable Foundation – 2
The Prince of Wales Hospice Halfpenny Lane – 1
The Prince of Wales' International Charities – 1
The Prince of Wales International Sustainability Unit – 6
The Prince's Charities Canada – 2
The Prince's Council – 2
The Prince's Countryside Fund – 8
The Prince's Foundation for the Building Community – 7
The Prince's School of Traditional Arts – 4
The Prince's Teaching Institute – 3
The Prince's Trust – 10
The Prince's Trust Australia – 3
The Prince's Trust International – 5
The Queen's Diamond Jubilee Galleries Appeal, Westminster Abbey – 1
Three Choirs Festival Association – 1
Turquoise Mountain Foundation – 1
United Kingdom Historic Building Preservation Trust – 1
University of Cambridge Institute of Sustainable Leadership – 8
Victoria Cross and George Cross Association – 1
Watercolour World – 1
Welsh Historic Gardens Trust – 1
Welsh National Opera – 1
Woodland Heritage – 1
World Jewish Relief – 1
Yorkshire Dales Millennium Trust – 1
Youth United Foundation – 1

Full Analysis HRH The Duchess of Cornwall

Total Count – 216
Percentage of Total – 6.1%
Days on Which Official Engagements were Undertaken – 87
Number of Engagements Undertaken Overseas – 81

Act of Remembrance – 1
Afternoon Party – 1
Awards Ceremony – 2
Badminton Horse Trials – 1
Called Upon – 6
Carriage Procession – 1
Celebration – 3
Ceremony – 1
Charity Day – 1
Cheltenham Festival – 1
Church Service – 5
Commonwealth Games Baton Relay Event – 1
Concert – 1
Cook Off – 1
Decorated Christmas Tree – 1
Dedication Service – 1
Dinner – 14
Drove to Horseguards – 1
Fair – 1
Farewelled – 1
Fashion Show – 1
Garden Party – 1
Horse Show – 1
Inauguration – 1
Installed – 2
Judging Session – 1
Laid Wreath/Flowers – 2
Launch – 3
Luncheon – 4
Meeting – 4
Met People – 4
Named – 1
Opened – 6
Opening – 2
Performance – 1
Presented Colours – 1
Racing Weekend – 1
Received – 12
Received by – 10
Reception – 31
Recital – 1
Rehearsal – 1
Re-Opened – 1
Salute – 1
State Banquet – 1
Tea Party – 4
Thanksgiving Service – 3
Unveiled – 1
Visit – 84
Visited by – 1
Welcomed – 1

Barnardo's – 1
Battersea Dogs and Cats Home – 1
British Asian Trust – 1
British Equestrian Federation – 2
British Institute of Florence – 1
Campaign for Wool – 1
Cavalry and Guards Club – 1
Charleston Trust – 2
Company of Plumbers – 1
Cornwall Air Ambulance Trust – 1
De La Ware Pavilion – 1
Ditchling Museum – 1
Duchy Originals – 1
Dumfries House Trust – 3
Ebony Horse Club – 1
Elephant Family – 2
Emmaus UK – 3
Fan Museum – 1
First Story – 1
Friends of the Royal Academy – 1
Guild of St Bride – 1
Helen and Douglas House – 2
Honorary Military – 5
Jamie's Farm – 1
Jockey Club – 5
London Library – 1
Maggie Keswick Jencks Cancer Caring Centres Trust – 2
Medical Detection Dogs – 1
National Literacy Trust – 1
National Osteoporosis Association – 4
New Queen's Hall Orchestra – 1
Panama Wildlife Conservation – 1
Roald Dahl's Marvellous Children's Charity – 1
Royal School of Needlework – 1
Royal Trinity Hospice – 1
Royal Voluntary Service – 3
Scotland's Gardens Scheme – 1
Shelterbox – 1
Silver Line – 1
South of England Agricultural Society – 1
Southbank Centre's WOW - Women of the World Festival – 1
St John's Foundation – 2
The Prince's Countryside Fund – 1
UK Harvest – 1
United Kingdom Historic Building Preservation Trust – 1
United Kingdom Vineyards Association – 1
University Chancellor – 1
Vintners Company – 1
Watercolour World – 1

Full Analysis HRH The Duke of Cambridge

Total Count – 187
Percentage of Total – 5.3%
Days on Which Official Engagements were Undertaken – 106
Number of Engagements Undertaken Overseas – 54

Afternoon Party – 1
Air Display – 1
Announced – 1
Assembly – 1
Awards Ceremony – 3
Briefing – 1
Celebration – 1
Church Service – 1
Commemoration – 1
Commemorative Service – 4
Conference – 2
Dedication Service – 2
Dinner – 10
Event – 2
Football – 1
Forum – 1
Garden Party – 2
Graduation Ceremony – 1
Investiture – 9
Laid Wreath/Flowers – 3
Launch – 2
London Marathon – 1
Luncheon – 7
Meeting – 4
Met People – 2
Opened – 4
Party at the Palace – 1
Passing Out Parade – 1
Performance – 1
Premiere – 2
Presented Award – 1
Presented Medals – 1
Presented Shamrocks – 1
Prize Giving – 1
Received – 16
Received by – 10
Reception – 25
Rowing Race – 1
Royal Variety Performance – 1
Rugby – 2
Screening – 1
Service of Hope – 1
Signing Declaration – 1
Slush – 1
State Banquet – 1
Summit – 1
Tea Party – 1
Tennis – 1
Thanksgiving Service – 1
Training Day – 2
Training Session – 1
Unveiled – 1
Viewed – 1
Visit – 35
Was Called Upon – 1
Was Invested – 1

All England Lawn Tennis and Croquet Club – 1
BAFTA – 1
Battle of Britain Memorial Flight – 1
British Sub-Aqua Club – 1
Centrepoint – 3
Child Bereavement UK – 1
Defence and National Rehabilitation Centre – 1
Football Association – 5
Honorary Military – 5
Honourable Society of the Middle Temple – 1
Imperial War Museum Foundation – 1
International Business Festival 2018 – 1
London Marathon – 1
Metropolitan and City Police Orphans Fund – 2
Mountain Rescue Council of England and Wales – 1
National Memorial Arboretum Future Foundations Appeal – 1
Place2Be – 1
Royal African Society – 1
Royal Foundation of WK and H – 14
Royal Foundation Taskforce on the Prevention of Cyberbullying – 4
Royal Marsden NHS Foundation Trust – 2
Skill Force – 2
Their Royal Highnesses' Charities Forum – 1
Tusk Trust – 1
United for Wildlife – 3
Welsh Rugby Union – 2

Full Analysis HRH The Duchess of Cambridge

Total Count – 99
Percentage of Total – 2.8%
Days on Which Official Engagements were Undertaken – 59
Number of Engagements Undertaken Overseas – 43

Afternoon Party – 1
Assembly – 1
Awards Ceremony – 1
Briefing – 1
Chelsea Flower Show – 1
Church Service – 1
Commemoration – 1
Commemorative Service – 2
Conference – 1
Dedication Service – 1
Dinner – 3
Event – 1
Festival – 1
Forum – 1
Gala – 1
Garden Party – 2
Graduation Ceremony – 1
Laid Wreath/Flowers – 1
Launch – 1
London Marathon – 1
Luncheon – 2
Meeting – 2
Met People – 1
Opened – 3
Opening Night – 1
Party at the Palace – 1
Performance – 1
Presented Shamrocks – 1
Received – 2
Received by – 8
Reception – 9
Roundtable – 1
Rowing Race – 1
Royal Variety Performance – 1
Rugby – 1
Service of Hope – 1
State Banquet – 1
Summit – 1
Tennis – 2
Training Day – 2
Training Session – 1
Visit – 31

All England Lawn Tennis and Croquet Club – 2
Anna Freud National Centre – 1
BAFTA – 1
Chelsea Flower Show – 1
Child Bereavement UK – 1
East Anglia Children's Hospices – 2
Farms for City Children – 1
Honorary Military – 2
Lawn Tennis Association – 1
London Marathon – 1
Metropolitan and City Police Orphans Fund – 1
National Portrait Gallery – 1
Natural History Museum – 1
Place2Be – 2
Royal Foundation of WK and H – 10
Welsh Rugby Union – 1

Full Analysis HRH Prince Henry of Wales

Total Count – 175
Percentage of Total – 4.9%
Days on Which Official Engagements were Undertaken – 97
Number of Engagements Undertaken Overseas – 37

Appointment as Captain General of the Royal Marines – 1
Awards Ceremony – 3
Beating Retreat – 1
Briefing – 3
Called Upon – 1
Carol Service – 1
Charity Day – 1
Church Service -2
Coach Core Event – 1
Collected Award – 1
Conference – 1
Dedication Service – 1
Demonstration – 1
Dinner – 10
Discussion – 3
Drove to Westminster Abbey – 1
Forum – 1
Garden Party – 2
Graduation Ceremony – 2
Investiture – 1
Invictus Games – 8
Joined Judging Panel – 1
Laid Wreath/Flowers – 1
Launch – 4
London Marathon – 1
Meeting – 15
Mentoring Programme – 1
Met People – 5
Opened – 3
Party at the Palace – 1
Passing Out Parade – 1
Planted Cross of Remembrance – 1
Polo – 1
Premiere – 2
Presented Award – 2
Presented Colours – 1
Presented Medals – 2
Received – 12
Received by – 3
Reception – 19
Rugby – 3
Rugby League Festival – 1
Salute – 1
Service of Hope – 1
Sports Session – 1
State Banquet – 1
Summit – 1
Training Day – 2
Viewed – 1
Visit – 38
WE Day – 1

100 Women in Finance Philanthropic Initiatives – 1
Duke of Edinburgh's Award – 1
Honorary Military – 6
Invictus Games Foundation – 27
London Marathon – 2
Metropolitan and City Police Orphans Fund – 1
Rhino Conservation Botswana – 1
Royal Foundation of WK and H - 21
Rugby Football League – 1
Rugby Football Union – 6
Sentebale – 6
Walking with the Wounded's Walk of America 2018 – 1
Well Child – 5

Full Analysis HRH The Duke of York

Total Count – 325
Percentage of Total – 9.2%
Days on Which Official Engagements were Undertaken – 140
Number of Engagements Undertaken Overseas – 107

Afternoon Party – 3
Awards Ceremony – 1
Briefing – 1
Called Upon – 8
Ceremony – 3
Church Service – 4
Competition – 1
Conference – 6
Cremation Ceremony – 1
Dawn Service (ANZAC Day) – 1
Dedication Service – 1
Demonstration – 1
Dinner – 27
Discussion – 3
Festival – 1
Forum – 4
Funeral – 1
Golf – 5
Graduation Ceremony – 1
la Ciudad de las Ideas – 2
Laid Wreath/Flowers – 3
Launch – 3
Luncheon – 26
Meeting – 13
Memorial Service – 1
Met People – 4
Opened – 11
Performance – 1
Pitch at Palace – 24
Presented Award – 10
Presented Guidon – 1
Presented Medals – 1
Presented Membership – 1
Prize Giving – 5
Received – 67
Received by – 9
Reception – 19
Rowing Race – 1
Salute – 1
State Banquet – 1
State Dinner – 1
Summit – 1
Supper – 1
Tennis – 1
Thanksgiving Service – 2
Toured – 1
Visit – 55

Badminton England – 1
Baker Dearing Education Trust – 3
British Deaf Association – 1
British Exploring Society – 1
British Science Association – 2
Broughton House, Home for Ex-Service Men and Women – 1
Cambridge Judge Entrepreneurship Centre – 1
Catalyst Inc – 5
Centre for Engineering and Manufacturing Excellence – 1
Company of Cutlers – 1
Duke of York Young Champions' Trophy – 3
English National Ballet – 1
Falkland Islands Memorial Chapel Trust – 1
Fight For Sight – 1
Greenwich Hospital – 1
Honorary Military – 19
Honourable Company of Air Pilots – 2
Inspiring Digital Enterprise Award – 5
Institution of Civil Engineering – 2
Lakefield College School Foundation – 4
London Metropolitan University – 1
Omani-British Business Council – 1
Outward Bound Trust – 14
Peter Jones Foundation – 2
Pitch@Palace – 64

Round Square – 1
Royal and Ancient Golf Club – 4
Royal College of Ophthalmologists – 1
Royal Commonwealth Ex-Services League – 3
Royal National Orthopaedic Hospital – 2
Royal Society – 7
Royal Society for Asian Affairs – 1
Royal Society for the Prevention of Accidents – 2
Services Sound and Vision Corporation – 1
STFC Harwell and Daresbury Science and Innovation Campus – 2
Studio Schools Trust – 1
Tall Ships Youth Trust – 1
Teen Tech – 1
The Duke of York Award for Technical Education – 1
The Duke of York Factory 2050 – 1
The Duke of York's Community Initiative – 1
The Place (London Contemporary Dance Trust) – 2
The Royal Hospital School – 1
Trampery – 1
University Chancellor – 5
Whitgift School – 3
York Minster Fund – 1
York Racecourse – 1

Full Analysis HRH Princess Beatrice of York

Total Count – 1
Percentage of Total – 0.02%
Days on Which Official Engagements were Undertaken – 1

Afternoon Party – 1

Full Analysis HRH Princess Eugenie of York

Total Count – 2
Percentage of Total – 0.06%
Days on Which Official Engagements were Undertaken – 2

Afternoon Party – 2

Royal Society for the Prevention of Accidents – 1

Full Analysis HRH The Earl of Wessex

Total Count – 285
Percentage of Total – 8.0%
Days on Which Official Engagements were Undertaken – 124
Number of Engagements Undertaken Overseas – 57

Activity Day – 1
Afternoon Party – 1
Awards Ceremony – 2
Badminton World Championships – 1
British National Alpine Championships – 2
Called Upon – 2
Ceremony – 1
Chelsea Flower Show – 1
Church Service – 5
Competition – 1
Concert – 2
Court – 1
Dedication Service – 2
Degree Congregations – 3
Dinner – 43
Edinburgh Festival Fringe – 1
Festival – 2
Forum – 1
Founder’s Day Parade – 1
International Strings Competition – 1
Laid Wreath/Flowers – 2
Launch – 1
Live Firing Day – 1
Luncheon – 15
Meeting – 71
Memorial Service – 1
Met People – 1
Observed – 1
Opened – 14
Parade – 1
Performance – 4
Prize Giving – 1
Real Tennis Final – 1
Received – 5
Received by – 5
Reception – 28
River Tour – 1
Salute – 2
Seminar – 1
Show – 1
State Banquet – 2
Study Day – 1
Thanksgiving Service – 1
Toured – 1
Training Exercise – 1
Viewed – 1
Visit – 50
Visited by – 1
Volunteering Event – 1
Windsor Festival – 1

Badminton Scotland – 1
Birmingham Conservatoire, Birmingham City University – 1
British Paralympic Association – 2
British Ski and Snowboard – 4
Central Caribbean Marine Institute – 2
Chelsea Flower Show – 1
Chetham's School of Music – 1
City of Birmingham Symphony Orchestra – 1
Commonwealth Fire Company Foundation – 1
Commonwealth Games Federation – 1
Company of Fuellers – 3
Company of Gardeners – 1
Company of Haberdashers – 1
Company of Leathersellers – 1
Creative Youth – 3
Duke of Edinburgh's Award – 45
Duke of Edinburgh's International Award Foundation – 52
Edinburgh International Festival – 3
Honorary Military – 21
Incorporation of Coopers of Glasgow – 1
International Agency for the Prevention of Blindness – 1
Jesus College Cambridge West Court Campaign – 1
London Gardens Society – 1
London Mozart Players – 2
Marlowe Theatre Development Trust – 1
National Youth Jazz Orchestra – 1
National Youth Theatre – 3
Northern Ballet – 3
Prince Philip Trust Fund for the Royal Borough of Windsor and Maidenhead – 4
Royal School Wolverhampton – 1
Royal Ulster Agricultural Show – 1
Royal Yacht Squadron Isle of Wight Foundation – 1
Seafarers UK (King George's Fund for Sailors) – 3
Sport and Recreation Alliance – 2
Tennis and Rackets Association – 3
The Duke of Edinburgh's Award, Young Canadians Challenge Charter for Business – 1
University Chancellor – 11
Wessex Youth Trust – 1
Windsor Festival – 1

Full Analysis HRH The Countess of Wessex

Total Count – 203
Percentage of Total – 8.0%
Days on Which Official Engagements were Undertaken – 95
Number of Engagements Undertaken Overseas – 57

Agrifest – 1
Awards Ceremony – 3
Called Upon – 3