British Royal Family Current Events 7: January 2014-April 2015

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Yeah, I'm wondering will there be a party or something? It's a very special birthday.

I have no idea but most likely. Andrew had a birthday party for his 50th did he not? Did Andrew not do an interview as well? I remember seeing Beatrice talk about him and Sarah.

Royal Central ‏@RoyalCentral 7h
The Queen and Prince Philip attended the funeral of cousin Lady Mary Clayton, who died last month, in Windsor yesterday.

Royal Central ‏@RoyalCentral 7h
Princess Beatrice and The Countess of Wessex also attended the service, which was held in the Chapel of All Saints, Windsor Great Park.

Who's cousin was it? I am guessing she was the Queen's cousin. How nice for Beatrice to attend as well. They had obviously met one another at some point, but giving the age difference and not being a "close" relative, it's lovely to see the support of distant relatives. :)

She was The Queen's first cousin - a daughter of one of The Queen Mum's sisters.

Royal Central ‏@RoyalCentral 10m
Happy Commonwealth Day! Today, The Queen & members of the Royal Family will attend a Commonwealth Observance service at Westminster Abbey.

Royal Central ‏@RoyalCentral 10m
Later this evening, The Queen will then attend a Commonwealth Reception given by the Commonwealth Secretary-General at Marlborough House.

Outside of the UK does any other Commonwealth country acknowledge this day in any way that ordinary people know about?

If it wasn't for this site I wouldn't have ever known this day existed. Outside of the Commonwealth Games the Commonwealth really doesn't reach the consciousness of most Aussies. It simply doesn't resonate and we don't teach anything about it in our courses at school either.

Does anyone have any idea as to what has caused the very dark shadows around the DofE eyes? Other than that, he looks wonderful.

The queen and Sophie look lovely. Any sign of William and Kate?
Are they coming to the reception later?

The queen and Sophie look lovely. Any sign of William and Kate?
Are they coming to the reception later?

I think the Cambridge's are still on their trip or maybe back in the UK. They weren't scheduled to attend this event.

Video:
Her Majesty The Queen 'breaks' the Commonwealth Flag outside the Great West Door of Westminster Abbey on Commonwealth Day. This will be the last of over 500 Commonwealth Flags raised that day by local authorities and community groups throughout the United Kingdom, Channel Islands and the Isle of Man in celebration of Commonwealth Day. Shortly after the Queen has 'broken' the flag, Her Majesty attends the annual Commonwealth Observance (service) in Westminster Abbey with family members-
Home - ITNSource News,

Very nice curtsies from the Countess of Wessex and Duchess of Cornwall to The Queen. Also, a nice bow from Edward. I'm surprised and happy to see American actress and dancer Debbie Allen at the service and that she met The Queen and members of the royal family. She was the lady in purple The Queen shook hands with right just before she left the Abbey.

I like Camilla's coat... very nice...

Princess Anne's coat looks too big on her.

Zara apparently didn't buy any coats while pregnant. The coat from today & yesterday look like they belong on Louise.

Camilla's coat look nice when viewed closeup.

It's good to see them at the races this year.

Martin ‏@MartinRoyalUK 1m
On 7th May, Prince Philip will hold a reception for the @DofE award at Buckingham Palace to celebrate The Earl of Wessex's Birthday.

Mark Stewart ‏@RegalEyes 7m
Prince of Wales, Duchess of Cornwall,Prince Andrew,Princess Beatrice and the Countess of Wessex all expected at Sir David's Memorial Service

Mark Stewart ‏@RegalEyes 10m
There'll be royals, politicians, celebs & aristos amongst the 2000 strong congregation joining Sir David Frost's family at today's service.

More royals attending this memorial, than that of Mandela.

I have to say the turn out of Royals at Mandela's memorial service was quite poor. I understand people were probably busy, but compared to Sir David's memorial, the representation for Mandela's was quite poor.

Mark Stewart ‏@RegalEyes 54s
Prince Andrew & Sarah Duchess of York have arrived together with Beatrice at Westminster Abbey where they married in '86 for Frost Memorial.

Mark Stewart ‏@RegalEyes 1m
Amongst those remembering Sir David Frost : Sienna Miller, David Walliams, John Major, Pippa Middleton, Sarah Chatto & Viscountess Linley.

Last edited:
Did Sarah arrive in the car with Andrew and Beatrice? I see that Sophie arrived in one of the Queen's cars, so I was assuming Andrew did. Just curious if Sarah arrived with them in one of the Queen's cars.

I find it odd how Edward and Sophie aren't there to greet Philippe and Mathilde too, given that out of all the Royals they would know them and have met them more than the others.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom