Archduke Karl, Head of the Imperial House and Family 1: Ending 2022

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Interesting design,especially the lamps! It will be interesting what kind of food & other stuff they will offer in the cafe/restaurant!

Last edited:
No word about his strange wedding ! I think we will never see them to-gether except perhaps for funerals.

I agree, Maria-Olivia! But they keep their private issues relatively private and do not spread it all over the media like Charles & Diana,that´s why I have a lot of respect for them.They are behaving responsibly and decent and they support causes that they believe in. Francesca and Karl Habsburg seem to be good parents too, because all of their three children are completely scandal-free and down-to-earth individuals.

blauerengel , Living in Vienna I am happy to have your wise meaning about Karl and Francesca . Kind regards MO

Well,I just know what I read in the newspapers or see on tv,so we have very similar information;-) The Habsburg family keeps a rather low profile.They are doing their work, support charity and generally do not make a big fuss about it. (BTW Last Friday Karl H. spoke at a meeting of historians and scientists in Vienna,unfortunately I could not attend because I was too busy.)
Francesca is very much involved in her art projects. Karl and Francesca are very committed to their causes but people do not talk a lot about them, they are rather discreet and not so often mentioned in the tabloids like the royals from the Reigning Dynasties.
Everything I write here is just what I make out from reading about the family,reading interviews with the Habsburg family members and filling in the gaps with what seems logical to me. Francesca is probably the most exotic and talked about person, but her work with supporting art and many charity projects have gained her a lot of respect. She seemed a little bit wild and rebellious when she was younger (especially during her time in London when she studied) ,but now she is more balanced and focused because she has found her purpose and she has gained a lot of experience over the years.

Last edited:
Hmmmm, the last post here was about three years ago. But I imagine much has remained the same.

On September 7, Archduchess Francesca has attended the fundraising gala event "Bal au Belvedere" in Vienna, Austria.

** Pic 1 ** Pic 2 ** Pic 3 ** Pic 4 **

:previous:
IMO this dress is too revealing for an archduchess...

Last edited by a moderator:
An interview of Archduchess Fransesca to the Austrian newspaper. She also acts as a model to promote some clothing:

Der Mäzenin neue Kleider: Francesca Habsburg als Model - Mode & Kosmetik - derStandard.at

"Mindestens genauso legendär wie ihre Partys und Events sind ihr Wille und ihr Temperament"
:cheers:

-
The interview itself focusses on her role as art maecenas & founder of the TBA21 in Augarten.

---
In October she attended the Vienna Art Fair:

http://thenewcontemporary.files.wordpress.com/2013/10/francesca-habsburg-e1382468255703.jpg

----------

And a recording of a radio interview of the BBC, from August 11th:

She talked about TBA21-Academy's expedition to the Galápagos Islands directly from the Dardanella boat, while crossing the equator for the 4th time during the Academy project.

https://www.facebook.com/TBA21/posts/10151775502084242

Last edited:
Clever Lady but not an Archduchess and certainly a Habsbourg !

Thanks for the interview-link! Francesca is great. I follow her and her work with TBA21 attentively and I really like her. She's got brains and guts. Probably the best thing that ever has happened to the main branch of the House of Habsburg.

The Archduchess is very lovely, and has been spared the unfortunate Habsburg chin...

Thanks for the interview-link! Francesca is great. I follow her and her work with TBA21 attentively and I really like her. She's got brains and guts.

I agree with you, I think she is great and she seems to have more 'life' in her than the rest of the (very large) family combined. I hope her husband and she will never divorce, some of her in-laws must feel a sense of smug self-gratification when they do.

---
An article from the Austrian newspaper 'Der Standard' analysing the house of Habsburg in 2013:

In German: Ferdinand Zvonimir trägt auf dem Helm den Doppeladler - Königshäuser - derStandard.at

In English via Google translate: Google Translate

Apparently on December 16th ORF will show a tv programme with AD Karl, while he walks through the Hofburg.

Apparently archduke Ferdinand Zvonimir is doing formula 1 racing for juniors, he wears a helmet with a double headed eagle.

Thanks Kit for your informations from Austria.
You're welcome. :)

:previous:
Thanks Marengo. Nice article in the "Standard". Nothing new but interesting nevertheless. Though not all descendants of AD Marie Valerie and Franz Salvator bear the name Alternburg as the article claims. There are still many Habsburg - Lothringen among them.
I will definitely watch Report on 12/16 to see Karl walking through the Hofburg. Oh to be able to explore the whole complex from the attic to the cellars. That would be my dream. I will post the link to Karl's tour as soon as it is online. Then everyone can watch it even if it is in German :)

Last edited:
Archduke Karl spoke earlier tonight at the Commonwealth Club about his work preserving cultural heritage sites and artifacts. Here are some photos I took of the event in San Francisco.

Attachments

• photo 1.jpg
    photo 1.jpg
    206.9 KB · Views: 482
  • photo 2.jpg
    photo 2.jpg
    111.8 KB · Views: 311
  • photo 3.jpg
    photo 3.jpg
    131.7 KB · Views: 396
  • photo 4.jpg
    photo 4.jpg
    140.6 KB · Views: 308
Last edited:
On April 6th the newspaper Kurier published an interview with Archduke Karl. He says that there is not one guilty party for the First World War.

Karl Habsburg: "Es gibt keinen Alleinschuldigen am Ersten Weltkrieg" - KURIER.at

Although that has been the consensus among historians for a while, recent publications in that field tend to lie more and more blame with the Serbian government, who sacrificed the peace in Europe for nationalistic reasons. Only this time what was supposed to be a 4th Balkan war escalatred into a world war (see among others 'World War One. The Global Revolution by Lawrence Sondhaus, 2011).

The article however focusses on the guilt - or innocence- of the Emperor Franz Joseph in this matter.

The archduke also recalls that his grandmother Empress Zita still shared some memories of the war, his father only remembered parts of the final years.

News Austria

News has an article about Eleonore and Ferdinand.
Eleonore lives in London and Ferdinand is a racing driver but still going to school in Vienna. Gloria is boarding at Rosey in Switzerland.

Habsburg reloaded - Auf den Spuren der Kaiser-Kinder • NEWS.AT

another article about Ferdinand's racing ambitions Kaiser-Urenkel liebt es rasant - wien.ORF.at

Francesca and Eleonore attended a Cartier exhibition in Paris in December
Archduchess Eleonore Von Habsburg and her daughter Princess Francesca... News Photo 453183779 | Getty Images

Archduchess Francesca interviews designer and architect Neri Oxman:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pXDaZ5rBVY8

Neri Oxman - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

---
Sleek magazine published an interview with the archduchess online:

Francesca von Habsburg is a fourth-generation art collector and since 2002, chairman of the Thyssen-Bornemisza Art Contemporary (TBA21), which she founded in Vienna, and whose tenth anniversary celebration was the highlight of the city’s Art Week last November. While organising the upcoming exhibition at TBA21 with Chief Curator Daniela Zyman, she spoke to Sleek about a decade of collecting, commissioning and figuratively “getting into bed” with artists…

Read more here: http://www.sleek-mag.com/print-features/2013/05/first-person-francesca-von-habsburg/

Last edited:
Archduchess Fransesca features in a documentary by ORF;

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6NnumI1qNjM

Fransesca's part starts after 20 minutes and is conducted in English. She speaks among other things about her father, raising her children and what the name Habsburg means to her.

Earlier in the programme there is an interview with Prince Karl von Schwarzenberg.

---
Another interview by the Thyssen organisation;

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Zi4NDFu6zc8

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom