Archduke Karl, Head of the Imperial House and Family 1: Ending 2022

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
I am sure the Habsburg children must encounter the same problems rich kids face on schools. If you add a very prestigious last name, the situation gets worse.

Karl and family have an enormous social standing in Austria and other countries. This does not mean that they must deal with rude attitudes from now and then. But hey, that's royalty, it happens to the British the Sweddish and all Royal families. Lots of privileges but lots of exposure and they can not fight back when facing rudeness and insult.

Last edited:
Three years ago it was claimed that Francesca would divorce Karl but they are still married... And why should they divorce? Both have no new partner, both are catholic and being the wife of the Head of the House of Habsburg means a top position in Austria's more or less openly Royalty and aristocracy-loving society. Plus their children, even though they live with Karl in Salzburg, would surely suffer from a divorce.

The children don't live with Karl in Salzburg. Both Karl and Francesca live in Vienna but not together. Eleonore goes to school in Switzerland (at Le Rosey like Francesca did) and the younger ones go to school in Vienna.
There was a News article that Eleonore used the name Thyssen when on social networking sites etc. but apart from that all the kids use the Habsburg name.

the children don't live with Karl in Salzburg. Both Karl and Francesca live in Vienna but not together. Eleonore goes to school in Switzerland (at Le Rosey like Francesca did) and the younger ones go to school in Vienna.
There was a News article that Eleonore used the name Thyssen when on social networking sites etc. but apart from that all the kids use the Habsburg name.

That is absolutely true. Karl would never agree to a divorce, his position as Head of the family is already heavily critisized. Even his own uncles didn't accept him as Head and AD Carl Ludwig and AD Felix didn't attend his wedding to Francesca because she was not a suitable bride according to the Family Laws even if AD Otto did agree to the wedding.

Wow! Generally, "Thyssen" would already be a recognizable name which one would want to avoid using so not to attract attention. Unless, I guess, that other possible name is Habsburg.

Wow! Generally, "Thyssen" would already be a recognizable name which one would want to avoid using so not to attract attention. Unless, I guess, that other possible name is Habsburg.

For a private but very accurate source, I have learnt she doesn't use any more the name Thyssen and she may use the name Habsburg.

Archduke Karl attended the presentation of Eva Demmerle's book "The House of
Habsburg" in Vienna, Austria, September 22, 2011.

** Pic 1 ** Pic 2 **

Archduchess Francesca visited the exhibition 'Handwork-Constructing the World' in Palma de Mallorca,
Spanish island Mallorca, on 13 October 2011. The exposition features works of art by Cuban artists
known as 'Los Carpinteros' ('The Carpenters') that belong to the Thyssen-Bornemisza Contemporary
Art collection.

** Pic 1 ** Pic 2 **

Any news from their children? (Their daughter, Eleonore graduated from Le Rosey this year I heard) Anyway, one (silly) question, if the Habsburgs are still reigning today, AD Karl's kids are technically the prince & princesses right?

I wonder why Francesca was not in Madrid welcoming the King and the Queen of Spain to-gether with Carmen the widow of the late Heinrich Thyssen in their Museum.

I think the only family members of Heini Thyssen that I ever saw pictures of at an official event at this museum were his 5th wife Carmen and his steph son Borja. I can´t remember Fransesca, her brother Lorne or her half brothers Heinrich jr. or Alexander ever present at such occassions. Although the press may have missed them of course.

Perhaps this quarrel had a lasting impact on relations within the family:
http://www.thelawyer.com/heini-junior-takes-the-spoils-as-thyssen-case-settles/77020.article

Last edited:
Thanks Marengo , You mentioned Borja . I think there are problems also between Baroness Carmen and her own son Borja ! What a Family

I wonder why Francesca was not in Madrid welcoming the King and the Queen of Spain to-gether with Carmen the widow of the late Heinrich Thyssen in their Museum.

Francesca is never at these openings. She famously does not get on with Tita and there has been a recent argument about the sale of John Constable's The Lock. This dispute was widely reported in the press.

I think Tita and Borja are also not on speaking terms anymore, I think they had a fall-out over his wife and money (of course :bang: ) all in all most of Heini's children do not speak to each other because of money and inheritance issues...

I think the only family members of Heini Thyssen that I ever saw pictures of at an official event at this museum were his 5th wife Carmen and his steph son Borja. I can´t remember Fransesca, her brother Lorne or her half brothers Heinrich jr. or Alexander ever present at such occassions. Although the press may have missed them of course.

Perhaps this quarrel had a lasting impact on relations within the family:
Heini Junior takes the spoils as Thyssen case settles | Other | The Lawyer

Francesca did attend an official Thyssen Museum act in 2007 with Tita:

http://aaaaarte.com/img/2009/08/2007100990tita_t.jpg

http://www.hoymujer.com/pic.aspx?w=651&img=TitajuntoaFrancescaThyssen2245170252.jpg

Tita dislikes Blanca (her daughter-in-law) 'cuz she's basically a modern version of herself: landing a rich man and living off him (and Tita thinks he's dragging the Thyssen name down), some of the Blanca and Borja HOLA! exclusives are just :eek: :eek: :eek:

http://img407.imageshack.us/img407/7108/bb1ja9.jpg
http://img158.imageshack.us/img158/3521/bb3lw5.jpg
http://img158.imageshack.us/img158/2393/bb4ad9.jpg

The Thyssen family has always had a bad relationship with each other, because Heini married a lot of women, divorced in very bad terms, had children with them, adopted others, etc so his fortune has to be divided between many people and that will always cause big issues, specially since he didn't make an effort to get along with all his children.

Francesca's two daughters are really lovely, though a bit short.

For a private but very accurate source, I have learnt she doesn't use any more the name Thyssen and she may use the name Habsburg.
Yes indeed...but she uses the "Habsburg" name in a creative way...you wouldn't have guess.

Last edited by a moderator:
Yes indeed...but she uses the "Habsburg" name in a creative way...you wouldn't have guess.

The Habsburg name comes before the Thyssen ,so she simply calls herself,introduces herself by her married name,as is the custom here in Europe.Nothing more,nothing less.And except for the handfull of snobs,no-one is bothered by the name Habsburg in the context of her business.She has a keen eye...and her fathers genes in relation to being an entrepeneur.

The girls are really pretty. Francesca and Eleonore attended the Philharmonic Ball in Vienna last week together with the rest of the Austrian High Society and Eleonore looked beautiful. She reminds me of her great-grandmother Empress Zita when I look at her only with blond hair. Also Francesca was wearing a beautiful collier I have never seen before.

I think Eleonore is in London. She reminds me a lot of her maternal grandmother Fiona Thyssen (nee Campbell-Walter).

Ferdinand is a cart driver (after school of course :) and has his own facebook fanpage.
Some pics are here
Ferdinand Habsburg - speedworld-academy

Last edited:
Last edited:
Francesca's mother, Fiona Thyssen (nee Campbell-Walter), is still so beautiful at age 81! (see post #118)

Also Francesca was wearing a beautiful collier I have never seen before.

The collier looks so familiar to me,but I don´t remember who made it-it is from a recent jewellery collection or maybe they have re-done an old design, I also like it a lot because it puts an emphasis on the beauty of the gems and is not so ostentatios but yet so elegant and stylish!
I have looked through the A.E.Köchert catalogue and didn´t find it there-AEK used to be the K.u.K Hofjuwelier and Viennese society ladies often chose designs from that Jewellery house,however I can say that Francescas collier is definitely not from them! Niki Lauders young & beautiful wife often opts for Köchert and they told me in the shop that NL never gets a freebie,he pays from his own money:D (Er hat also doch etwas zu verschenken!)

Francesca also wore it for the 2012 Ph.Ball-here:http://www.news.at/nw1/gen/slidesho...rball/;kid;5;pos;22?flags=ref;/url?sa;nopop;1

It is so pretty,I want to find out who made it & will let you know when I know more:)

Last edited:
She was a stunning model (love the pictures of her from the 60ies) but she still looks amazing and is very elegant and classy. The picture with the granddaughters on the sofa made me chuckle...
There is a saying that some women get old and look frumpy but true beauty never fades!Some women are gifted with a beautiful appearance but after 30 you are responsible for your own look-in Japan they say "Shebui" (or maybe something similiar,I am not Japanese!) for "beautiful ageing"-something that our Western media who are so crazy for young women have yet to learn,but thanks God there are more and more golden age models and elderly ladies who age gracefully without plastic surgery and look so enchanting with their natural faces.
The Habsburg ladies have certainly been gifted with beautiful genes,but they are also looking after their body and treat it well :flowers:

Apparently Francesca is opening a restaurant in Vienna.http://www.heute.at/stars/leute/art23692,856961
Interesting! However I hope they will chose a better & more original name than "Au" for the new restaurant.I wish Francesca and her team good luck-gastronomy is a very difficult sector and hopefully she will find good business partners for the restaurant who support her visions and ideas!

Last edited by a moderator:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom