Andrea Casiraghi Current Events 10 : July 2006 - Dec.2006

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Tatiana at miui miu show.
(point de vue)

sanstitre3xy2.jpg

If I were still ARMY and if I still had my health, I wouldn't mind a three-day pass with that Eugenie Niarchos. She looks like she's quite familiar with with the phrase, "Out behind the barn ... !"

Dave

Hello!

I saw Andrea last thursday on tv. It was a report about the last cannes film festival and he was coming out of the marie antoinette screening with tatiana. He was asked if he enjoyed the movie and what he thought about it. he said he loved the music in it!!!! (he didnt say if he liked the movie or not!!!!)
ill try to get a link if i can!
he has really nice normal voice by the way!!!!

audrey2731 said:
he was speaking in french.

by the way i couldn't find a link for the interview.

Cool - hopefully someone can soon because I love to hear him speak his own language (like at his Uncle's ceremony), as well as English.

So what´s Andrea doing with his life,anybody knows?

Andrea is not french, he is Italian, though he does know how to speak french, along with German, english and spanish. Just for your info :)

His first language is French, and even though he does speak some Italian, I guess he speaks English bettter. As for his nationality, he is moneguasque.

Grace said:
His first language is French, and even though he does speak some Italian, I guess he speaks English bettter. As for his nationality, he is moneguasque.

yeah! i thought like you!:ermm: it's the first time i hear he's italian!! i guess since monaco is right in between france and italy its confusing!

audrey2731 said:
yeah! i thought like you!:ermm: it's the first time i hear he's italian!! i guess since monaco is right in between france and italy its confusing!
Ethnically, he is half Italian as his father was Italian as well as Irish and Monegasque from Caroline/Grace. But as far as citizenship goes, he's Monegasque.

I understand. But he does consider himself Italian, at least to people close to him. I know this for SURE, I have heard this from someone that, for this situation, must remain unknown. You must forgive me if my english is not good. I have never visited a site about Andrea or any other Royalty before, and when a close friend of mine told me that there are sites out there about Andrea, I couldn't believe it. He would get a kick out of this. :) I will check back one more time, and unless someone here desires a reply, this will probably be my last stop here. It has been interesting, especially what people think or believe about Andrea. Don't always believe what you read in the papers, its not all true. Have good day

Wow, this is interesting ;) ...so he considers himself italian huh? does he also considers himself french btw? or monagasgue? do you somehow know what charlotte considers herself? i'm dying to know the answer:flowers:

It´s not what they consider themselves,but what they are,and they are monegasques,i don´t think Andrea considers himself italian,since he spends so little time there,not even does he have the citizenship

rosana said:
It´s not what they consider themselves,but what they are,and they are monegasques,i don´t think Andrea considers himself italian,since he spends so little time there,not even does he have theo I citizenship

It is different what kind of "paper" you have, than what are your nation feelings. You can effect a wedding and acquire a new nationality, but you still feel your previous nation.
IMO Andrea, is the more hurt from the trio by their father's death, so I think that he feels italian because he wants to keep a "bond" with his father. If does not mean thta he does not feel also monegasque, but the italian feeling is very touching, is the lost father.

I'm sure the fact that the Casiraghi are so attached to their father's memory makes them feel somewhat Italian, but their culture and upbringing makes them much more French than Italian.

Andrea does not speak much of his father, Im sure for good reason. All i know is that he considers himself Italian to close friends and family, he does not like the French government, which has nothing to do with any other feelings he has about France or it's people, and as far as how he feels about Monaco, well, let me just say, he isn't in a rush to be king, but he does love his family, VERY much. Well, I have spent to much time here and have said too much. haha I hope you all have a nice day. :)

Ethnically, he is half Italian as his father was Italian

Ethnically he's half Lombard. Italian ethnicy doesn't exist.

mortisgod said:
well, let me just say, he isn't in a rush to be king

Well, he has no worries about becoming a king! It will never, and is impossible to ever, happen. :lol:

Tosca said:
Ethnically he's half Lombard. Italian ethnicy doesn't exist.

ethnicity
n : 1. an ethnic quality or affiliation resulting from racial or cultural ties; "ethnicity has a strong influence on community status relations"
2. an ethnic group.

I'd say there is an Italian ethnicity.

BurberryBrit said:
You'd better ask your fellow law student. He would say that "italian" is a nationality, not ethnicity.

Last edited:
KerenAnn said:
You'd better ask your fellow law student. He would say that "italian" is a nationality, not ethnicity.
na·tion·al·i·ty (n
abreve.gif
sh
lprime.gif
schwa.gif
-n
abreve.gif
l
prime.gif
ibreve.gif
-t
emacr.gif
, n
abreve.gif
sh-n
abreve.gif
l
prime.gif
-)
n. pl. na·tion·al·i·ties
  1. The status of belonging to a particular nation by origin, birth, or naturalization.
  2. A people having common origins or traditions and often constituting a nation.
  3. Existence as a politically autonomous entity; national independence.
  4. National character.
  5. Nationalism.
Not to prolong this discussion since this isn't about race, ethnicity and nationality, but per the definition for ethnicity, I'd say that Italians are an ethnic group with cultural ties. Obviously the word "italian" can also describe nationality. There is some overlap there. Anyway, I won't say anymore about that.

Last edited:
BurberryBrit said:
ethnicity
n : 1. an ethnic quality or affiliation resulting from racial or cultural ties; "ethnicity has a strong influence on community status relations"
2. an ethnic group.

Italian ethnicity exists only in foreign people's view.;) :)
Italy became a nation only in 1861, before it was a made up of several little states, that didn't have much trade and cultural exchange. Things started to change a bit with the massive domestic immigration from the South to the more affluent North in the 50's/60's.
I myself am half Tuscan and half Venetian, and I can assure you that there are great differences between these two cultures, as well as somatic types. Venetians are more similar to the Slavs than to the other inhabitants of the Italian paeninsula. Though I inherited Mediterranean colours, when in Moscow, I was the only one in my group to be mistaken for a Russian:lol:

The trio's father had typical 100% Lombard facial traits, and so had his parents. Besides all surnames ending in "aghi" are typically Lombard surnames such as Biraghi, Colnaghi, Salmoiraghi, Inzaghi a.s.o. You can't find these surnames anywhere else in Italy.

A people having common origins or traditions and often constituting a nation.

Trouble is that, despite all that foreigners believe, the various Italian populations haven't common traditons, apart from religion.

Moreover there are lots of languages, commonly called dialects or vernacular languages, spoken in each province/region/city. I.e. when I go to another city, that's only 20 km from where I live, the "dialect" changes and it gets hard to understand what people there say.

Ask Giaga, who's of Milan, what she does have in common with a Roman, or a Venetian, let alone a Neapolitan or a Sicilian. If you reverse Italy's map, you'll find that the southernmost tip of Italy stretches as fas as Denmark! No wonder there are many "nationalities" inside our country. How many are there in the area stretching from Switzerland to Denmark?

kittencrews said:
well he could marry victoria couldn't he?!?! ;)

Hmm.....but would Crown Princess Victoria's husband be king? He would be like a prince consort, like Prince Henrik, Prince Philip, no?

CasiraghiTrio said:
Hmm.....but would Crown Princess Victoria's husband be king? He would be like a prince consort, like Prince Henrik, Prince Philip, no?

I think you are fully right, he can not be a king

oh, darn, why is that men never marry and become king but women marry and become queen? i know this is off topic but maybe a quick explaniation!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom