Which Royal Wedding Have You Watched on TV?

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Every Royal wedding since the late fifties/early sixties,starting with King Baudouin and Queen Fabiola,Princess Alexandra & Angus Ogilvy,
all of them.A wealth of images stored in my mind,wishing I could set them to motion and all of you to view,too beautifull memories.

Wow...you are lucky! I was only 18 months old when Baudouin and Fabiola married but I would have LOVED to have been old enough to watch that wedding live...the photographs are breathtakingly beautiful. That was a very "Royal" wedding indeed!

The first one I saw live was Anne and Mark Phillips in 1973...I was thrilled that my Mom let me get up in the middle of the night on a school night to watch. I had so much fun and I thought Anne looked great. During commercials they kept playing an old song called "Polka Dots and Moonbeams" so now everytime I hear that song I think of that wedding to this very day!

Next came Diana and Charles. I remember I had an upset tummy when I got up at about 3am. I was excited to see the gown and the trappings but I was NOT excited about them as a couple. It felt wrong and it looked wrong. I will never forget how uneasy I felt that morning...I wanted to get into the romantic spirit of things but I just...couldn't. It was quite a pageant, though!

Next Andrew and Sarah. Totally different story...they were obviously SO into one another and I couldn't wait to see this wedding. Visually I thought it was more beautiful than Charles and Diana's. I loved the little flower girls and boys dressed in Royal Navy costumes...Sarah TOTALLy surprised me with how beautiful she looked, and Andrew of course was a god. It was a beautiful wedding that surpassed my expectations.

I saw bits and pieces of Masako and Naruhito's. I found it very strange and exotic, but fascinating. I loved when they changed into their Western evening attire and went to receive the blessing of the Emperor and Empress. Beautiful!

Next, Inaki and Cristina. My only regret was that I couldn't understand a thing that was said..otherwise it was one of those "perfect" weddings that you dream about...Perfect bride, perfect gown, perfect groom...perfect wedding.

Then Sophie and Edward. That was the last Royal wedding I watched live. It was very sweet when Edward winked at Sophie when she arrived at the altar, and I think St George's Chapel is magnificent!

I absolutely adore Felipe and Letizia but I have to agree with you guys, that was the MOST boring wedding ever, I live in South America and here the live broadcast started at 3 am, I didn't go to sleep waiting for that and by 6 am I was out of my mind; the only moving part was Letizia's grandmother's lecture (1.13 Corinthians, read it, it's very beautiful and about love and marriage:) ) and when Felipe lent his handkerchief at Letizia (or it was a kleenex, I don't remember that very well)...

In top of everything, we all remembered his sisters' weddings; beautiful, romantic, moving, so Felipe`s wedding was way too stern; also, I think it wouldn't have killed them to REALLY kiss, you know? that cheek thing was not what we all have been waiting for

Ahhh...but Felipe and Letizia have more than made up for any lack of affection at their wedding...they kiss, kiss and kiss now nonstop!

I didn't see that wedding but I did see Inaki and Cristina's. I couldn't believe how beautiful and romantic it was. There is a quick moment at the altar where they are holding hands and Inaki gives Cristina's hand two quick little squeezes...it happens when she first reaches him at the altar. It was so sweet and romantic, like he was trying to reassure her! And they both looked soooo beautiful I couldn't stand it!

The best royal wedding: Prince charles weds lady diana

Which Royal Wedding have yoiu watched on TV??????????

i have watched the weddings of : Maxima Zorreguieta to W-A of the Netherlands, mary Donaldson and Frederick of Denmark and Letizia ortiz to Felipe of asturias

The best royal wedding of the year was when Prince charles married Diana. They were both gorgeous and the world was happy for them

Nazma FOURRE

The wedding of Pavlos & Marie Chantal.
Especially the after-party,when Konstantinos started eating before Pavlos had finished his speech...:lol:
A true comedy...

1. Elena & Jaime
2. Cristina & Inaki
3. Edward & Sophie
4. Philippe & Mathilde
3. Haakon & Mette-Marit (unfortunately only parts of it as I was on holiday :ermm:)
4. Willem-Alexander & Maxima
5. Märtha-Louise & Ari
6. Friso & Mabel
7. Frederik & Mary
8. Felipe & Letizia
9. Charles & Diana

Wow...you are lucky! I was only 18 months old when Baudouin and Fabiola married but I would have LOVED to have been old enough to watch that wedding live...the photographs are breathtakingly beautiful. That was a very "Royal" wedding indeed!

The first one I saw live was Anne and Mark Phillips in 1973...I was thrilled that my Mom let me get up in the middle of the night on a school night to watch. I had so much fun and I thought Anne looked great. During commercials they kept playing an old song called "Polka Dots and Moonbeams" so now everytime I hear that song I think of that wedding to this very day!

Next came Diana and Charles. I remember I had an upset tummy when I got up at about 3am. I was excited to see the gown and the trappings but I was NOT excited about them as a couple. It felt wrong and it looked wrong. I will never forget how uneasy I felt that morning...I wanted to get into the romantic spirit of things but I just...couldn't. It was quite a pageant, though!

Next Andrew and Sarah. Totally different story...they were obviously SO into one another and I couldn't wait to see this wedding. Visually I thought it was more beautiful than Charles and Diana's. I loved the little flower girls and boys dressed in Royal Navy costumes...Sarah TOTALLy surprised me with how beautiful she looked, and Andrew of course was a god. It was a beautiful wedding that surpassed my expectations.

I saw bits and pieces of Masako and Naruhito's. I found it very strange and exotic, but fascinating. I loved when they changed into their Western evening attire and went to receive the blessing of the Emperor and Empress. Beautiful!

Next, Inaki and Cristina. My only regret was that I couldn't understand a thing that was said..otherwise it was one of those "perfect" weddings that you dream about...Perfect bride, perfect gown, perfect groom...perfect wedding.

Then Sophie and Edward. That was the last Royal wedding I watched live. It was very sweet when Edward winked at Sophie when she arrived at the altar, and I think St George's Chapel is magnificent!

The late King Baudouin and Queen Fabiola:
http:///www.angelfire.com/realm/fabiola1960/

:wub:

1. Charles and Diana
2. Andrew and Sarah
3. Felipe and Letizia
4. Charles and Camilla

The only one I've seen live on television was Sophie and Edward's wedding -- here in America, British royals are pretty much the only ones given news coverage. I've seen lots of the television coverage of other weddings on YouTube, though. I think that the Duke and Duchess of York's wedding is tied with the Prince and Princess of Asturias's wedding for my favorite -- though my Spanish is pretty rough, and it was hard to understand what was going on sometimes during Felipe and Letizia's ceremony!

I haven't seen any royal weddings on TV yet. I'm certain that when Prince William marries it'll get a lot of coverage here, though, so I'll be sure to watch when it happens!

I have seen the wedding between:

1. Mary and Frederik
2. Marie and Joachim
3. Camilla and Charles
4. Diana and Charles (on youtube)

Anne & Mark
Charles & Diana
Andrew & Sarah
Edward & Sophie
Charles & Camilla
Frederik & Mary
Felipe & Letizia
Joachim & Marie

I watched Prince Felipe's wedding on some spanish TV i cant rememeber which one,also our own Prince Edward's wedding!!;)

I watched Prince Felipe's wedding to Doña Letizia.

I watched:

Charles and Diana
Charles and Camilla
Joachim and Alexandra
Alexandra and Martin Jørgensen
Joachim and Marie
Frederik and Mary

I don't hope I am ever going to watch:

Frederik and ..........
or
Mary and ..........

:whistling:

i saw sophie and edward's wedding..it was really nice..here in the philippines, they don't televise the european weddings..wish they would though..would have loved to watch many weddings....i saw cp frederick and mary on you tube but it's clearly not enough....any links you can suggest?

I've only ever seen one - Joachim & Marie.

Only Felipe and Letizia and Charles and Camilla...Italian media are not the best in this field...

Felipe and Letizia
CP hamzah & P Noor of jordan
Charles and Camilla

I have seen King MVI and Salma bennani
because I'm moroccan
and Felipe&Letizia , because I found Letizia so Gorgeous, classy, natural intelligent at her engagement ......the Felipe&Letizia story so romantic
and the wedding was nice, simple, Letizia&Felipe seemed so in love and serious...

-I have seen the wedding of :
- King MVI and lala Salam.(im MORROCAN)
-Charles and Camilla .( C&C are my favorite couple)
-i have a vidéo of W&M wedding .( maxima is my favorite princess).
-and i have a vidéo of queeen Beatrix and late prince Clause wedding .

Charles & Diana (my favourite royal wedding)
Andrew & Fergie
Edward & Sophie
Cristina & Inaki
Haakon & Mette-Marit
J.Friso & Mabel
Felipe & Letizia
Frederik & Mary
Charles & Camilla
Joachim & Marie

I saw the wedding of Prince Charles and Camilla, thought I was just 9 and i was saying to mother that who is this old man (don`t mind) marrying a lady looking like a witch, and Camilla come in Mercedes I was asking mother that why she isn`t coming in Rose rise car, and Mother answered the Queen will come in it,I don`t remember much.....( You know a child can think these things)

the first royal weedding I saw on the french tv was king Baudoin and queen Fabiola, I was a young girl.

Prince Charles and Diana

Prince Frederik and Mary (wanderfull wedding)

Prince Felipe and Letizia

I´ve seen the three Spanish weddings: Elena and Jaime (I think I was 4 or 5 years old, but of course in my home, as in all Spain, all my family watched it), Cristina and Iñaki (two years later, I remember it better, one more time all my family watching tv) and, of course, Felipe and Letizia (and anoooother time, all my family in front of tv, worry about if the tv´s broadcasting stops, it was a really awful weather and we are in my grandparents´field house). I also watched Frederick and Mary´s (but not whole, Spanish tv only shows a few of the ceremony) and Charles and Camilla (neither whole, for the same reason).
:eek: Only 5 weddings!!!! Many of you have watched a lot of them. Well, I´m still young...:lol:
I hope to see lots of royal weddings in the future...:flowers:
What about Victoria and Daniel´s??:whistling:

Well, actually, I think that Charles and Diana was the most watched on tv, and I´m sure that it was watched in more countries than Felipe and Letizia´s, but in the least years, Internet has changed the world, I belive that Felipe and Letizia´s wedding was watched by 2.1 million if we count online watchers.
Of the two, I just can say that I´ve seen Felipe and Letizia´s, because I wasn´t born when Charles and Diana got married:lol:

I watched, too, Charles and Diana wedding, and so did everyone I know. And she did not disappoint anyone. She was truly a fairy tale princess. The whole world fell in love. :wub:
awww...I've watched it youtube. lol I wasn't here in 1981. lol My mom watched part of it before she went to work that day.

Don't mean to be rude but why are people still saying Diana and Charles while in the same topic it's already been made clear that it was Letizia and Philip's wedding that had the most watchers?

Back
Top Bottom