Best Royal Brides & Wedding Dresses

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
I agree with Moonmaiden. Without the huge bows it really would be a beautiful dress just because of the cut and the fit of the dress. Yeah I really think Mabel did on purpose :) I still remember her wedding to Friso so clearly and how happy these two were. A real tragedy ...

I loved William and Catherine's wedding, there was just a buzz about it that made it extra special, plus everyone looked gorgeous and they used beautiful music, and then Westminster Abbey isn't the ugliest place to get married ;)

I also really adored Frederik and Mary's wedding, but I think even more so because I'm Danish and Frederik is our Crown Prince, it was really big for the entire nation.

I respect people's opinions but it's hard to imagine Mabel's dress making it to Top 1 spot of any Best list.

Hear, hear! :lol:

Frederik's and Mary's wedding was indeed beautiful. I have already rewatched it several times on youtube. I have never before seen a bride looking so regal as Mary.

:previous:

For a second, bearing in mind the title of this thread, I thought that's your Best Dresses list and my jaw dropped. :D
I respect people's opinions but it's hard to imagine Mabel's dress making it to Top 1 spot of any Best list.

Well there is no "Worst Royal Wedding Dresses" thread so I had to come here. :D

There is indeed a "Worst Bridal Gowns" thread...it's goes under the name "Brides Who Didn't Look Their Best On Their Big Day" or something similar.

My favorite dress is Cristina's, so elegant! :flowers:
As for my least favorite, I can only say, what can Princess Mabel have been thinking? :bang:

Favorite Dresses...Princess Claire of Belgium, Princess Margaret and Lady Sarah Chatto.
Queen Paola's family heirloom veil worn by Queen Paola, Princess Astrid, Princess Mathilde and Princess Claire is simply magnificent. The lace at the top of Princess Claire's dress combined with the lace veil was beautiful, and classic

My favorite dress is Cristina's, so elegant! :flowers:
As for my least favorite, I can only say, what can Princess Mabel have been thinking? :bang:

The more I look at dear Mabel's wedding dress, the more I like it!!! Call me crazy (a lot of people do) but it just is so her!!!:)

The more I look at dear Mabel's wedding dress, the more I like it!!! Call me crazy (a lot of people do) but it just is so her!!!:)

I'm so glad you said that, I thought I was the only one who liked Mabel's gown! (I've always been afraid to speak up! : )) It was so beautiful and unique...

:previous:

The gown itself was actually quite nice; while not my favourite, it would definitely not feature in "hate" list too.
But the train... Those bows were just too much.

I'm so glad you said that, I thought I was the only one who liked Mabel's gown! (I've always been afraid to speak up! : )) It was so beautiful and unique...

It is exquisitely crafted, the material is gorgeous, it is unique (to say the least) and like I said, I feel this is the ultimate example of a wedding dress reflecting the bride "to a t"!!!:flowers:

Mabel's dress was beautiful except for the huge bows on the train and she looked so happy on this day. Her tiara sparkled and suited her perfectly. But the best dress was AD Francesca's Versace dress this was a dream come true and of course HGD Stéphanie's Elie Saab dress. That was perfection.

Mabel's dress was beautiful except for the huge bows on the train and she looked so happy on this day. Her tiara sparkled and suited her perfectly. But the best dress was AD Francesca's Versace dress this was a dream come true and of course HGD Stéphanie's Elie Saab dress. That was perfection.

Yes, I agree, the train bows were overkill LOL!!!! But the rest was very nice. I agree about Stephanie's dress - classic, gorgeous, beautiful

Personally I always loved Princess Marie's gown. I think it suited her perfectly. She looked very beautiful.

I thought Marie looked beautiful on her wedding day. I liked her dress alot. She may not be in my top wedding dresses but she not in the bottom either.

Stéphanie's was my favourite gown too but Carolina's come in as a close second.
I can't wait to see how Madeleine and Claire's gowns will be next year.

Dear Eve and Andolini,
Thank you for speaking your mind, even though some will vehemently disagree with you, which is also fine. But beauty is in the eye of the beholder, and I am impressed, that in spite of the overwhelming dislike of Mabel's dress, you stated your views. It makes the Forum all the better for it. Actually, without the unending number of Bows, I would have liked the dress also..... But Stephanie's dress.....Hhhmm, just Love it!
The only dress that comes close to that, is a Gorgeous gown worn by one of the Spanish Infanta's. I will post a picture later, and perhaps one of you clever girls can tell me which of the Infanta's wore it. It is one of THE most gorgeous dresses, I feel.
:flowers:

Hello,
All replies were best about weding dresses

Here a picture of the Dress in question. It is really lovely I feel; very full and with an absolutely Divine Train, which is also very full and gorgeously long.
I would love to know who the infanta was that wore it. In the picture below, it is the third dress from the front. The one nearest the camera, is Christina's I believe, which is also really Gorgeous.
The Right to Dress Modestly--Even on Your Wedding Day

or this one, again, the third dress along:
Wedding Gown used by Queen Sofía of Spain - Museo de la Vida en Palacio, Palacio Real de Aranjuez | Flickr - Photo Sharing!

I thought Marie looked beautiful on her wedding day. I liked her dress alot. She may not be in my top wedding dresses but she not in the bottom either.

Same here. She didn't make my Top Ten, but she looked very beautiful even though I think she went too far in the tanning salon-she looked dark orange.:eek:

Her veil and hairstyle were particularly beautiful, imo.

Here a picture of the Dress in question. It is really lovely I feel; very full and with an absolutely Divine Train, which is also very full and gorgeously long.
I would love to know who the infanta was that wore it. In the picture below, it is the third dress from the front. The one nearest the camera, is Christina's I believe, which is also really Gorgeous.
The Right to Dress Modestly--Even on Your Wedding Day

or this one, again, the third dress along:
Wedding Gown used by Queen Sofía of Spain - Museo de la Vida en Palacio, Palacio Real de Aranjuez | Flickr - Photo Sharing!
That´s Elena´s dress ;)
I haven´t been able to find a decent picture of her wearing the dress, only this one:
http://imagenes.publico.es/resources/archivos/2007/11/13/1194980477236duques_mas_boda465gd.jpg

The train was lovely, but I´m afraid the rest of the dress is way too much 90´s for my taste. I still prefer Cristina over the rest of Spanish royal brides.

That´s Elena´s dress ;)
I haven´t been able to find a decent picture of her wearing the dress, only this one:
http://imagenes.publico.es/resources/archivos/2007/11/13/1194980477236duques_mas_boda465gd.jpg

The train was lovely, but I´m afraid the rest of the dress is way too much 90´s for my taste. I still prefer Cristina over the rest of Spanish royal brides.

There are closeups from the displays of Spanish wedding dresses

http://www.theroyalforums.com/forums/f95/royal-wedding-dresses-on-display-712-7.html

http://i47.tinypic.com/funblh.jpg

http://i45.tinypic.com/33peu0y.jpg

http://i45.tinypic.com/311rwx2.jpg

http://i49.tinypic.com/28bcshd.jpg

http://i48.tinypic.com/2dhfziv.jpg

Last edited:
After watching the complete wedding video of Victoria and Daniel I have come to the conclusion that I think Crown Princess Victoria looked the most perfect of all brides on her wedding day. The dress perfectly suited her body shape and character, the tiara+jewellery, veil and hairdo were wonderfully coordinated as well as the bouquet. Not too much, not too little. Plus the main feature, to me, she was the one and only bride (that I watched at least) who was simply bubbling over with happiness on her wedding day and not afraid to show it.

Stéphanie's was my favourite gown too but Carolina's come in as a close second.
I can't wait to see how Madeleine and Claire's gowns will be next year.

I liked just about everything about Stephanie's dress; but I though she needed better undergarments/corsetry. She looked extremely unsupportedly buxom, imo.:flowers:

Back
Top Bottom