The Royal Forums Coat of Arms

Go Back   The Royal Forums > Reigning Houses > Other Reigning Houses > Royal Family of Brunei

Join The Royal Forums Today
Closed Thread

Old 01-27-2005, 10:36 PM
Aristocracy

Quote:
Originally Posted by kinneret5764
Her b-day is in April. Not sure of the exact day.
Princess Sarah 18th Birthday is on the 9th of April 2005. I think Princess Sarah is doing a great job as Crown Princess. She certainly can hold up a conversation with Crown Prince of Japan during her royal wedding and other diplomatic and royal families from other countries. I'm confident she will excel in her duties as Crown Princess towards the future.

Old 01-27-2005, 11:10 PM
Aristocracy

Quote:
I think P. Sarah's choice of outfit in the final group of pictures was not good. Those two pieces don't match at all. Stripes and florals together are never good.
I agree with you kinneret. However, this is not the first time that Sarah has worn such mis-matched clothing. It makes me wonder, does she pick out her outfits personally, or does she have a "dresser" who selects her clothes that Sarah wears for formal duties.

Interestingly, all the royal women do wear outfits that "clash", very frequently. Too bright, too colorful and rather mis-matched patterns.

If I were in Sarah's position, I would take control of my own selection of clothes.

Old 01-27-2005, 11:58 PM
Aristocracy

[QUOTE=kinneret5764]Here's a better pic and profile:

Here are more photos of P.Qawi and his other royal cousins. Princess Masna, Princess Norain, Princess Umi Kalsum, Princess Nashibah and Princess Amal Rakiah's children. All the princesses are HM Sultan of Brunei's sisters.
Attached Images

Old 01-28-2005, 09:51 PM
Super Moderator
Picture of the Month Representative - Brunei, Malaysia & Dubai

[QUOTE=alfie]
Quote:
Here's a better pic and profile:

Here are more photos of P.Qawi and his other royal cousins. Princess Masna, Princess Norain, Princess Umi Kalsum, Princess Nashibah and Princess Amal Rakiah's children. All the princesses are HM Sultan of Brunei's sisters.
alfie are the pictures meant to be enlarged? they're too small.
I noticed that there are some pics of Abdul Wudood and his pretty wife Aminah.
Are they from the Crown prince's wedding?
Old 01-28-2005, 10:20 PM
Aristocracy

[QUOTE=~*~Humera~*~]
Quote:
Originally Posted by alfie

alfie are the pictures meant to be enlarged? they're too small.
I noticed that there are some pics of Abdul Wudood and his pretty wife Aminah.
Are they from the Crown prince's wedding?
yes, Humera it's meant to be enlarged, not sure why can't be though. I'll try making it larger. Yes, there are from the Crown Prince's wedding. On the second row, first picture the third guy(tall) is P.A.Ali future husband of Princess Hamidah. The other two are P.A.Hadi & P.A. Kadir(both sons of Princess Norain)
Old 01-28-2005, 11:03 PM
Super Moderator

[QUOTE=alfie]
Quote:
Originally Posted by ~*~Humera~*~

yes, Humera it's meant to be enlarged, not sure why can't be though. I'll try making it larger. Yes, there are from the Crown Prince's wedding. On the second row, first picture the third guy(tall) is P.A.Ali future husband of Princess Hamidah. The other two are P.A.Hadi & P.A. Kadir(both sons of Princess Norain)
would you mind telling me who Princess Norain is?
I might've seen a picture of her but I cant put a name to the face.
Old 01-31-2005, 01:47 AM
Aristocracy

[QUOTE=~*~Humera~*~]
Quote:

would you mind telling me who Princess Norain is?
I might've seen a picture of her but I cant put a name to the face.
Princess Norain is the sister of Sultan. Her husband was the late P.A. Yusof (Queen Saleha's brother) Here are two photos of her and her sister Princess Masn during the Women Police Force's Aniversary which there are patrons.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	princess masna & norain2.jpg
Views:	141
Size:	74.2 KB
ID:	86926   Click image for larger version

Name:	princess masna & norain.jpg
Views:	185
Size:	68.0 KB
ID:	86927  
Old 01-31-2005, 01:53 AM
Aristocracy

Crown Prince Billah & Princess Sarah,last Saturday night 29.01.05 Hassanal Bolikah Stadium watching a Charity Football Match between Singapore and Brunei.
Attached Thumbnails

Name:	royal couple at friendly football match 29.01.05.jpg
Views:	231
Size:	22.1 KB
ID:	86928  
Old 01-31-2005, 01:58 AM
Aristocracy

royal couple

More photos of royal couple from Curahan Kasih.

1st photo was taken at a dinner honouring the Crown Prince. The dinner was organised by Brunei's Ministry of Education. Cannot be certain if Sarah and the Crown prince were dating at that time, or not. It looks like other students were also invited to that function.
Attached Thumbnails

Name:	dinner.jpg
Views:	503
Size:	84.6 KB
ID:	86929   Click image for larger version

Name:	royalbluecouple.jpg
Views:	287
Size:	49.8 KB
ID:	86930   Click image for larger version

Name:	royalpinkcouple.jpg
Views:	474
Size:	76.2 KB
ID:	86931   Click image for larger version

Name:	sarahinpink.jpg
Views:	384
Size:	72.8 KB
ID:	86932  

Old 01-31-2005, 02:18 AM
Super Moderator

Thank you, alfie & Zina for the pics.
I've never seen them before.
Old 01-31-2005, 04:22 AM
Aristocracy

Your welcome Humera! Here are more photos, enjoy!
Attached Thumbnails

Name:	crown prince prize1.jpg
Views:	73
Size:	37.0 KB
ID:	86934   Click image for larger version

Name:	crown prince prize2.jpg
Views:	87
Size:	37.2 KB
ID:	86935   Click image for larger version

Name:	crown prince prize3.jpg
Views:	203
Size:	36.2 KB
ID:	86936   Click image for larger version

Name:	crown prince prize4.jpg
Views:	112
Size:	37.0 KB
ID:	86937  

Name:	crown prince prize5.jpg
Views:	63
Size:	28.6 KB
ID:	86938   Click image for larger version

Name:	crown prince prize6.jpg
Views:	71
Size:	29.6 KB
ID:	86939  
Old 01-31-2005, 09:07 AM
Nobility

Indeed, thank you for the lovely pictures - apart from not being easy to find many of them, they are very lovely showing two kindly looking young Royals who seem to be a very good match. Would you be so kind to tell us more about CP Sarah's family? Thank you.
Old 01-31-2005, 01:30 PM
Gentry

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zina
More photos of royal couple from Curahan Kasih.

1st photo was taken at a dinner honouring the Crown Prince. The dinner was organised by Brunei's Ministry of Education. Cannot be certain if Sarah and the Crown prince were dating at that time, or not. It looks like other students were also invited to that function.
Great photos Zina!!! Agree with blueice about the exclusivity of these photos and really thanks to Zina that we get to see them here. Look forward to more pictures frm the book and insights

Sarah's really a down to earth and conservative gal with nice simple dress sense from the pictures. It's nice to see her blossoming even more beautiful now.
Old 01-31-2005, 01:37 PM
Gentry

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blueice
Indeed, thank you for the lovely pictures - apart from not being easy to find many of them, they are very lovely showing two kindly looking young Royals who seem to be a very good match. Would you be so kind to tell us more about CP Sarah's family? Thank you.
Hi Blue ice

since i am at this section, I hope i can try to answer from the little that i know of the family (anyone please correct and add to my understanding) . Sarah's father , Abdul Rahaman , is a a minor royal bruneian , remotely related to the sultan and he works with the water dept . Sarah's mum Suzanne Aeby is swiss and works as a nurse in a bruneian hospital. Apparrently the parents met when they were studying in London back in the 70's. Sarah has two siblings - brothers , Irwan and Adrian. (not sure what they are doing). Hope this helps.

From what I know and read from, Sarah's family is rather well to do therefore the match with CP is really a compatible one.
Old 01-31-2005, 01:46 PM
Gentry

Quote:
Your welcome Humera! Here are more photos, enjoy!

Thanks Alfie.!!! :p Wouldn't otherwise be able to see these pictures anywhere else either no matter how hard i googled search or webcrawled or yahooed

Look foward to more. Just wondering though. these photos can't be save right?
Old 01-31-2005, 01:50 PM
Gentry

Quote:
Crown Prince Billah & Princess Sarah,last Saturday night 29.01.05 Hassanal Bolikah Stadium watching a Charity Football Match between Singapore and Brunei.
hmm.. looks like even Cp's also getting more roundish in the face. :p

Marriage bliss really makes one put on.
Old 01-31-2005, 02:30 PM
Nobility

Quote:
Originally Posted by Minnie
Hi Blue ice

since i am at this section, I hope i can try to answer from the little that i know of the family (anyone please correct and add to my understanding) . Sarah's father , Abdul Rahaman , is a a minor royal bruneian , remotely related to the sultan and he works with the water dept . Sarah's mum Suzanne Aeby is swiss and works as a nurse in a bruneian hospital. Apparrently the parents met when they were studying in London back in the 70's. Sarah has two siblings - brothers , Irwan and Adrian. (not sure what they are doing). Hope this helps.

From what I know and read from, Sarah's family is rather well to do therefore the match with CP is really a compatible one.
Thanks a lot, Minnie - much appreciated! :) I was rather sceptic upon the first announcement of CP's marriage to such a young person, wondering how a teenage girl would manage the new role and stressful, demanding life style under constant public scrutiny, dealing with all the responsibilities that position implies. Yet, if we can put any trust to available photos, the couple appear genuinely content even radiant on them, as most recently (happily) married couples tend to be.

CP Sarah so far proved to be rather stable, mature and adaptable young lady despite her young age - her posture, calmness and dignity, the way she carries herself - absolutely regal in a natural way, without false pose. She appeared to be in control of the situation and herself all the time, dealing with protocol with ease - without expressing any signs of tension, insecurity or stress. Truly admirable qualities even for a person with much more experience than she has.

Although CP Sarah's mother Swiss origins were no secret, as well as family's relation with Royal Family, I was curious regarding professional background of her parents and siblings - thanks again for the information, it certainly helped :) Regards.
Old 01-31-2005, 07:37 PM
Super Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blueice
Here are a few pictures of CP Sarah's family
Attached Thumbnails

Name:	showLayoutImage5.jpg
Views:	549
Size:	62.1 KB
ID:	87144   Click image for larger version

Name:	MASMALEH_011.jpg
Views:	471
Size:	61.4 KB
ID:	87145   Click image for larger version

Name:	Untitled-1 copy.jpg
Views:	441
Size:	174.9 KB
ID:	87147  
Old 01-31-2005, 08:19 PM
Nobility

Quote:
Originally Posted by ~*~Humera~*~
Here are a few pictures of CP Sarah's family
Thanks a lot, Humera - very nice photos indeed. It seems that CP Sarah apparently inherited her kind, calm and agreeable personality from both her parents. The family photo is especially lovely, with so much family warmth. :)
Old 01-31-2005, 08:59 PM
Aristocracy

Sarah's family

Not many people would know that Sarah has a half-brother from her mother's first marriage, to a Swiss man, and her half-brother also attended the Wedding.

I don't think that Sarah's father came from a particularly wealthy family. He was working in the water works dept. after all.

It's a common misconception that non-Bruneians might have...but the title "Pengiran" is very common here in Brunei, and means that a person is descended from royalty. Considering Brunei's tiny population, and that Brunei has had 29 Sultans...that makes half the country "Pengirans" - and they're usually not any wealthier than the rest of us! It would not be really accurate to say that they are all "relatives" of the Royal Family. Perhaps its more accurate to call them descendants of previous royal generations.

It's a gross exaggeration to say that Sarah's father was a minor "relative" of the Sultan's or that Sarah was a "distant cousin" of the Crown Prince, as according to many articles from outside media. However..They are, of course, related now, because Sarah has married the CP!