Sheikh Mohammed's Children part 8: 20 January 2013 - December 2014

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
You don't hear much about Sheikh Ahmed like you do the rest of his brothers.

You don't hear much about Sheikh Ahmed like you do the rest of his brothers.

He is still to young to bear many responsibilities in public...but he is in training, see #340 here in this thread. He is Chairman of Dubai Events Management and Organisation, Chairman of the Mohammad Bin Rashid Al Maktoum Foundation and Chairman of the UAE National Olympic Committee.

Last edited:
I seen the link. Is all the Al Maktoum brothers chairman for there father??

I seen the link. Is all the Al Maktoum brothers chairman for there father??

Which link? Not all of the al Maktoum brothers are Chairman. Some are Chairman of organisations or authorities:

Shaikh Hamdan:
Crown Prince and Deputy Ruler of Dubai
Chairman of the Dubai Executive Council
Chancellor of the Hamdan bin Mohammed e-University
Shaikh Maktoum:
Deputy Ruler of Dubai
First Deputy Chairman of the Dubai Executive Council
Shaikh Ahmed:
Chairman of Dubai Events Management and Organisation
Chairman of the Mohammad Bin Rashid Al Maktoum Foundation
Chairman of the UAE National Olympic Committee
Shaikh Majid:
Chairman of the Dubai Culture and Arts Authority

Currently Shaikh Mansoor, Shaikh Saeed, Shaikh Rashid, Shaikh Marwan and Shaikh Zayed (;)) are not Chairman.

But:
Shaikh Mansoor is Vice President of Al Shabab Sport Club in Dubai

Last edited:
I seen the link You had posted about Sheikh Ahmed and I seen a little about it on BBC news. I'm surprised Sheikh Majid is just a chairman to one committee.

I'm surprised Sheikh Majid is just a chairman to one committee.

More the content of the obligations is crucial than the amount of tasks that one has to fulfill. Life is made up not of great duties only...

Last edited:
True, I didn't mean for my comment to sound like I was criticizing him. It's just Sheikh Majid seems to be a very intelligence guy and a hard worker, I could see him doing more like his brothers. I know his new to been a Chairman maybe when his comfortable he'll decide to take on more committees or maybe not.

...I didn't mean for my comment to sound like I was criticizing him. It's just Sheikh Majid seems to be a very intelligence guy and a hard worker, I could see him doing more like his brothers. I know his new to been a Chairman maybe when his comfortable he'll decide to take on more committees or maybe not.

He use his intelligence and ambitiousness to work hard and do his best to fulfill one duty which is an important part for UAE´s culture, heritage and art. Also there are some obligations like initiatives and humanitarian work which run under his guidance. Further commitments may invisible for public as well. Surely you will see more in the future. Everything has its time ....

Last edited:
He use his intelligence and ambitiousness to work hard and do his best to fulfill one duty which is an important part for UAE´s culture, heritage and art. Also there are some obligations like initiatives and humanitarian work which run under his guidance. Further commitments may invisible for public as well. Surely you will see more in the future. Everything has its time ....

True, You guys in the UAE will see them and hear about them before the rest of us do. You don't hear much about the UAE ruling family here in the U.S. and when you do its about there father. :)

Can anyone tell me why Sheikh Majid has a guy called Samir Mohammed Yusuf with him all the time? From what I could find out he is a doctor, but I couldn't find out what kind. My friend from Jordan said his always bragging that his friends with the sheikh and posting pics of him??

He has a bachelor in dentistry, but working as IT professional, model and personal fitness trainer, 39 years old and of indian origin. Also the guy is founder, CEO & Chief Editor of a fitness and health magazine in UAE (Viceroy Publisher LLC Dubai - FirstFit newsletter), has established a company to enable Hollywood movies to be shot in Dubai and support some projects like the Emirates Fitness Championship under the patronage of Shaikh Majid.

Last edited by a moderator:
I'm surprised Sheikh Majid is just a chairman to one committee.

As a supplement to #343 and #349 Shaikh Majid is also president of Dubai International Marine Club and Vice President of Al wasl sports club

In the same line:
Shaikh Hamdan bin Mohammed
who is also the Chairman of the Dubai Sports Council and the Chairman of Al Ahli Fan Club.
Shaikh Maktoum bin Mohammed
is Vice-President of the club and also Chairman of Dubai Free Zone Authority for Technology and Information.

There are may additional duties which are missing in the collection (posts #343 and #358). Perhaps someone else may complement.

Last edited:
All posts on the birth of Sheikha Latifa hint Mansour Al Nahyan has been moved to the
Sheikh Mansour bin Zayed & Sheikha Manal bint Mohammed
Thread

Yes, that I know :) BTW, does anyone know who is SH. Maktoum bin Mohammed's wife, and if they have any kids?

BTW, does anyone know who is SH. Maktoum bin Mohammed's wife, and if they have any kids?

Shaikh Maktoum bin Mohammed bin Rashid al Maktoum isn´t married yet and has no children.

Shaikh Mohammad bin Rashid today appointed Shaikha Latifa Bint Mohammad Bin Rashid Al Maktoum as Deputy Chairperson of the Board of Directors of Dubai Culture and Arts Authority (known as Dubai Culture). She also serves as the Vice-Chairman of the Emirates Literature Foundation.

A staunch supporter of women’s empowerment, Shaikha Latifa serves as the Honorary Chairman of the Zayed University Alumni Association Board, a position she has held since 2011, where she guides and supports young Emirati female graduates to determine their career paths.

Prior to her multi-faceted role in Dubai’s creative scene, Shaikha Latifa interned in Dubai Holding, where she worked across the group’s various entities including Jumeirah Group, Dubai Healthcare City, Tecom, and Sama Dubai, an opportunity she obtained as one of the first graduates from the Dubai Leadership Programme.

An EMBA post-graduate with Honours from Zayed University and a graduate in Business Sciences with a concentration in Marketing, Shaikha Latifa participated in numerous leadership training programmes following her education. She obtained her primary and secondary education at the Latifa school for Girls, where she was bestowed with the Rashid Scientific Excellence Award for her academic achievements.

Shaikha Latifa appointed as Deputy Chairperson of Dubai Culture

Last edited:
Greetings, which Latifa bint Mohammed bin Rashid Al Maktoum is this one? 1, 2 or 3? I am a bit confused. Thank you.

Greetings, which Latifa bint Mohammed bin Rashid Al Maktoum is this one? 1, 2 or 3? I am a bit confused. Thank you.

Shaikha Latifa 1, daughter of Sheikha Hind, was meant who is married with Shaikh Mohammed bin Hamad Al Sharqi. A Shaikha Latifa bint Mohammed 3 does not exists. :flowers:

For some years we have had Sheikh Majid listed as "Chairman of the Dubai Culture and Arts Authority". In the Decree dated 17 February Sheikh Mohammed appointed Abdul Rahman Mohammed Al Owais as "Chairman of the Board of Directors of Dubai Culture and Arts Authority". As the terms "Chairman" and "Chairman of the Board" are generally interchangeable and as Sheikha Latifa was appointed to the Board at the same time, do these factors indicate that Sheikh Majid is no longer fulfilling that role?

Sheikha Latifa, daughter of Sheikha Hind, is married to the Crown Prince of Fujairah. She holds the positions of Honorary Chairman of the Zayed University Alumni Association Board, Vice-Chairman of the Emirates Literature Foundation and as of this week, Deputy Chairperson of the Board of Directors of Dubai Culture. The obvious question is why - to the best of our limited knowledge - she is not represented on the boards or committees of any Fujairah institutions.

For some years we have had Sheikh Majid listed as "Chairman of the Dubai Culture and Arts Authority". In the Decree dated 17 February Sheikh Mohammed appointed Abdul Rahman Mohammed Al Owais as "Chairman of the Board of Directors of Dubai Culture and Arts Authority". As the terms "Chairman" and "Chairman of the Board" are generally interchangeable and as Sheikha Latifa was appointed to the Board at the same time, do these factors indicate that Sheikh Majid is no longer fulfilling that role?

Thats right! Shaikh Majid bin Mohammed is no longer Chairman of Dubai Culture and Arts Authority. Shaikh Majid had chaired the board from March 2008 based on a decree issued by his father establishing the authority. Personally, I am convinced that Shaikh Majid will continue to pursue cultural interests and promote initiatives in this sector.

Now Abdul Rahman Mohammed bin Nasser Al Owais is new Chairman of the Board of Directors of Dubai Culture and Arts Authority. Shaikha Latifa bint Mohammed appointed Deputy Chairman of the Board of Directors of Dubai Culture. Both appointments are considered active from the date of issuance. The board of directors are chaired by four persons, chairman, deputy chairman and two other project directors.

About the new Chairman of Dubai Culture:

Abdulrahman bin Mohammed bin Nasser Al Owais was born in the Emirate of Sharjah and comes from a non-ruling family renowned for its cultural and literary interests. He graduated in 1989 from UEAU, Al Ain with a BA in Accounting and Information Systems.

While studying, he pursued his passion for photography, modern Arabic calligraphy and Arab plastic arts. Abdul Rahman Al Owais joined the federal Government in 2006 as the Minister of Culture, Youth and Community Development. From 2011 to 2013 he was assigned as Acting Minister of Health, when he was appointed Minister of Health.

In addition to his duties, Al Owais also serves as Chairman of the Board of Trustees of Shaikh Hamdan Bin Mohammad Bin Rashid Al Maktoum International Photography Award, Member of the Board of Directors of The Emirates Foundation for Philanthropy and a Member of The Board of Trustees of Sultan Bin Ali Al Owais Cultural Foundation.

Beyond art and culture, he assumes leadership responsibilities in the financial and banking sector.

I wonder why Sheikh Majid decided he didn't want to be the Chairman of Dubai Culture and Arts Authority anymore?? Do you think there is something else he would like to put his energy toward?? Or was he just the chairman till his father found someone to fill the role??

I wonder why Sheikh Majid decided he didn't want to be the Chairman of Dubai Culture and Arts Authority anymore?? Do you think there is something else he would like to put his energy toward?? Or was he just the chairman till his father found someone to fill the role??

The decision for a new board of directors was made by Shaikh Mohammed. New appointments can stimulate work of the Authority to expand with new subjects and to enrich what has been achieved.

Shaikh Majid was the Chairman of Dubai Culture from 2008 to 2014. This is a long time and not only a "just". :flowers: During this period he has supported numerous projects with great commitment. Shaikh Majid is newly married. I think less public commitments give him the opportunity to focus more on private things temporarily. But I am convinced he will have more public responsibility in the foreseeable future again.

Last edited:
I didn't mean that he hasn't done a amazing job as chairman. Cause I know his put a great deal of work and has done a lot while he was chairman. He still seems to be still doing a lot of pubic commitments and work his passionate about. I look forward to seen what new commitments he takes on in the future.

I didn't mean that he hasn't done a amazing job as chairman. Cause I know his put a great deal of work and has done a lot while he was chairman. He still seems to be still doing a lot of pubic commitments and work his passionate about. I look forward to seen what new commitments he takes on in the future.

:flowers: I am sure your previous post #354 was meant in a positive way. At least I understood it that way from the outset.​

Last edited:
Has anyone heard anything more about Sheikh Majid and Hessa?? Have they consumed the marriage yet or they still living in different homes??

Has anyone heard anything more about Sheikh Majid and Hessa?? Have they consumed the marriage yet or they still living in different homes??

A official announcement was not made yet. Therefore its more likely that they are not living together and have not consumed marriage. For the latest information you'll find here: http://www.theroyalforums.com/forum...jaflas-engagement-january-2014-a-36419-3.html

Shaikh Maktoum bin Mohammed bin Rashid al Maktoum today evening attends the National Day of the State of Kuwait.

WAM | Emirates News Agency

Hamdan (Fazza'a) 14/11/1982
named Crown Prince of Dubai and Deputy Ruler of Dubai 1 February 2008
Chairman of the Dubai Executive Council
Chairman of the Dubai Sports Council
Chancellor of the Hamdan bin Mohammed e-University (HBMe-U)
engaged Dec 2008 to Sheikha Sheikha bint Saeed bin Thani Al Maktoum; reportedly cancelled 2010

  
Sheikh Hamdan he is not married yet ??? Why he stop her engagement with sheikha sheikha ???? thanks 4 the answer

Sheikh Hamdan he is not married yet ??? Why he stop her engagement with sheikha sheikha ???? thanks 4 the answer

Thats right, Shaikh Hamdan is not married yet. The reason of the engagement cancellation is not known publicly.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom