The Duchess of Cambridge's Eveningwear Part 8: March 2017 - November 2018

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
I think she looks better in the dress now than she did then! Lovely...great color and style.

LaRae

I had to laugh when the Daily Fail had to put "six year old" in all caps like its pearl clutching, breaking news that a gown is six years old. If clothes weren't made to be reworn, they'd be made out of biodegradable materials that disintegrate after being worn. :D

I love that color of turquoise and this dress really does suit Kate perfectly.

They just can't complain about the cost of a new dress...and they'd look like idiots to complain about it being re-worn directly....so you get the inference.

LaRae

Such a lovely color! And I agree: this looks even better now than it did 6 YEARS AGO! Oh my. DM is scraping the bottom of the faux outrage barrel.

This dress was always worth a re-wear, for sure! I preferred in 2012 with the updo though.

Kate looked gorgeous!
I think Jenny Packham creates the prettiest evening dresses ever.
I'm glad Kate decided to give this one a second airing.

(Really, some papers complain about the cost of these designer clothes, and then jeer if a Royal wears them more than once).

I’m so glad to see this dress again! It’s one of my all time favorites!

I never liked this dress, to me it looks like night gown.
Amazing that Kate still easily fits into a dress that debuted before her three children were born.

I think she looks better in the dress now than she did then! Lovely...great color and style.

LaRae

IMO it is exactly the opposite :lol: . Last time it looked good on her; this time her make-up makes it a bit heavy.

LaRae
I agree, I really didn't like it the first time she wore it. The colour and style are wonderful but the decolletage just looked so spare and nightgown-like that I didn't like it at all.

This time around she is much more mature and she carries herself with absolute confidence which somehow turned her gown from a nightgown into a very flattering evening gown.

Would have preferred her hair up but other than that the duchess looked wonderful.

Just to mention, if this is the right thread, the poppy she is wearing is a Women of the First World War poppy. Each one commemorates a woman who died as a direct result of the war. A lovely tribute. I have one of these myself.

Personally one of my favorite gowns of hers. Different then her usual boring lace or retro feel. A bit if lace but just adds pop of interest. The love jewel detail.

The color is the best thing :flowers:

But she looked better last time. The stunning updo showing off the dress and fantastic earrings. A gorgeous gown calls for a proper hairstyle.

Last edited:
But she looked better last time. The stunning updo showing off the dress and fantastic earrings. A gorgeous gown calls for a proper hairstyle.

I agree. Catherine needed an updo with this dress, just like she did in 2012. I am glad the dress was reused. It's great to see it again. I still cannot believe she can wear that dress after having 3 children. Mind you, CP Mary is able to reuse most of her wardrobe that is almost 15 years old and she's had 4 children, where one of her pregnancies were twins. I wished I were that blessed!

Catherine did look exhausted though - not surprising with 3 children under 6.

I imagine she wore her hair down to give her total appearance a slightly different look.

I imagine she wore her hair down to give her total appearance a slightly different look.

I agree, I think it was deliberate to create a very different look.

I am just glad that the dress got used again.I had loved it when she had first used it, and was disappointed that it had not been repeated. I do hope it gets a few more outings before it is completely retired.

Duchess of Cambridge so elegant at the Festival of Remembrance at the Royal Albert Hall tonight . Dress by Roland Mouret.

https://media.gettyimages.com/photo...-royal-british-legion-of-picture-id1059994124
https://media.gettyimages.com/photo...-royal-british-legion-of-picture-id1059994102

The Duchess this evening at a service marking the centenary of WW1 armistice at Westminster Abbey . With the green Catherine Walker coat.

https://pbs.twimg.com/media/DrvX5-zWwAAocSX.jpg
https://pbs.twimg.com/media/DrvXC_RWsAANidt.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
Elegant dress. But again she needs an updo. The lovely neckline is lost. :flowers:

This is a beautiful and elegant look. I love what appears to be an asymmetrical neckline.:flowers:

I like the asymmetrical neckline too. It is a lovely dress.

Catherine has surely grown into one of the most beautiful dignified royal ladies out there, William really hit the jackpot in falling for her and it was well received.

An absolutely beautiful black dress. Wonderful look.

Catherine wore the queen's diamond brooch, almost totally hidden by poppies.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom