Books on the Royal Family of Spain and Spanish Royal History

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Letizia Ortiz, una republicana en la corte del Rey Juan Carlos I
Autor: Isidre Cunill
Editorial: Chronica editorial
Espana

Title of a new book: "Joyas reales, fastos y boato"
Authors: Ricardo Mateos Sainz de Medrano, José Luis Sampedro Escolar
Editorial: La Esfera
Madrid, Spain
[La Esfera de los Libros]

Has anybody read this book? Can you give me a better idea of what it's about or what's in it? I don't understand Spanish so I'm wondering if it would worth getting and attempting to translate?

Has anybody read this book? Can you give me a better idea of what it's about or what's in it? I don't understand Spanish so I'm wondering if it would worth getting and attempting to translate?

It's a photo-book about royal events around the world. The quality of a lot of the pictures is very very bad. I believe that it is not a worthy book.

Regards!

Article about the book ""MARIA LA BRAVA LA MADRE DEL REY" (Pilar Eyre):
http://www.vanitatis.com/noticias/pilar-eyre-libro-madre-rey-alcohol-20101023-11495.html

i sell my books for 5€ each. instead of it i put them on the garbage because i don't need them anymore.

Title: “Bastardos y Borbones”
Los hijos desconocidos de la dinastia
Autor: Jose Maria Zavala
Plaza y Janes, Spain
CRONICA El Mundo 9 Enero 2011 Periodicos españoles en Youkioske.com: Diarios de España

"La travesia de don juan"
Author: pedro carvajal urquijo
Editorial: temas de hoy, Spain
Contains an interview made by Urquijo to Infanta Pilar, daughter of Don Juan de Borbón
La travesía de don Juan | PlanetadeLibros.com

"Don Juan y Juanito"
Author: Abel Hernandez
Editorial: Espasa, Spain
Don Juan y Juanito | PlanetadeLibros.com

“LA INFANTONA”
Author: Salvador Guzmán Moral
Editorial: Altera, Spain
http://www.altera.net/

Last edited by a moderator:
Royal Family Books?

Hey, guys! Do you know any books about the Spanish Royal Family? I'll be really grateful if you give me some suggestions. :)

Title: DUQUESAS: UN PÓKER DE DAMAS EN EL SIGLO XX:
MEDINACELI, ALBA, MEDINA SIDONIA Y ARCOS
Author: JOSÉ MIGUEL CARRILLO DE ALBORNOZ
Editorial: LA ESFERA DE LOS LIBROS
Fecha de publicación: 15/03/2011.
Cost: 23 euros ($32.00 USA dollars)
http://www.elcorteingles.es/libros/producto/libro_descripcion.asp?CODIISBN=6518022873

I offer books of the royal family and sent by Mail to European countries.

Are any of them in English?

Last edited by a moderator:
While moving stuff around I came across a book that I read years ago - a fascinating read about Juan Carlos's unbelievable life and life achievements and the personal sacrifices that went along with it.
Almost like a thriller, you couldnt make it up.

Juan Carlos: Steering Spain from Dictatorship to Democracy by Paul Preston
Juan Carlos: Steering Spain from Dictatorship to Democracy: Amazon.co.uk: Paul Preston: Books

I have that book also & I agree its a fascinating read & insight into the life of King Juan Carlos .

I have that book also & I agree its a fascinating read & insight into the life of King Juan Carlos .

:flowers: it is!

Its easy to understand why the King has remained untouchable for gossips for so long and still enjoys quite a few privileges these days (the opposite will be on for Felipe, once the time will come).
Further, its easy to understand why the King has had the desire to be his "own man" in the last decade(s) and that there is truth to the "open secret" (even in the non-gossip media) that the relationship to Queen Sofia is no more than a working relationship that still exists mainly because she chose to hang in there.

:flowers: it is!

Its easy to understand why the King has remained untouchable for gossips for so long and still enjoys quite a few privileges these days (the opposite will be on for Felipe, once the time will come).
Further, its easy to understand why the King has had the desire to be his "own man" in the last decade(s) and that there is truth to the "open secret" (even in the non-gossip media) that the relationship to Queen Sofia is no more than a working relationship that still exists mainly because she chose to hang in there.

I wonder what secrets from the past will emerge after His Majesty passes away?

I wonder what secrets from the past will emerge after His Majesty passes away?

I could imagine that he would pull a Prince Bernhard stunt incl revealing some illegitimate children post-mortem :whistling:
I have no doubt that he would get away with that in the public eye, the Dutch had a lot of compassion for their consort's testemony.

I could imagine that he would pull a Prince Bernhard stunt incl revealing some illegitimate children post-mortem :whistling:
I have no doubt that he would get away with that in the public eye, the Dutch had a lot of compassion for their consort's testemony.

That's what I was also thinking ;)

Thank you for recommending the book. I'll try to find and read it. :)

The two sisters have always fascinated me; I often wondered what would happen if Catherine was the elder sister, not Joanna. She was certainly a more able woman (as evident from her times as regent, and her unwavering resolution), so Castile would have a remarkable Queen. Joanna, on the other hand, mostly cared for family life, so the role of a younger sibling to the queen would have suited her better than that of a sovereign.

The book is by Julia Fox, if anyone is trying to find it.

Thank you for the information. Catherine of Aragon interests me very much. Her's is such an intriguing story. Will definitely find this book and add it to my library.

I want to read this! To learn a little more about these two. Catherine was the first wife of King Henry VIII and widow of his brother Arthur and Juan was known as "juana la loca" or juana the mad who was sort of went crazy after her husband died? Something to do with his corpse?

I want to read this! To learn a little more about these two. Catherine was the first wife of King Henry VIII and widow of his brother Arthur and Juan was known as "juana la loca" or juana the mad who was sort of went crazy after her husband died? Something to do with his corpse?

Joanna of Castile (Catherine of Aragon's elder sister) was indeed known as Joanna la Loca (Joanna the Mad) because she apparantely refused to properly bury her husband, opting instead to carry his corpse with her to keep it close to her.
Whether she was actually insane or the rumours were spread by her father, Ferdinand of Aragon (who became her regent and effectively ruled in her name), is subject to debate. There was certainly a history of mental illness in the family; her maternal grandmother, Isabella of Portugal, suffered from mental illness, possibly schizophrenia.

Back
Top Bottom