Analysis of Máxima

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Henri M. said:
Verdonk apparently forgot that Morocco and Argentina do not allow their citizens to give up their citizenship. And she also forgot that Queen Beatrix has two nationalities as well.

Thanks for the explanation:)

But where did you get from that Argentina does not allow their citizens to give up their citizenship?
I know many people who gave up their argentinian citizenship:ermm:

Loss of argentinian citizenship:

VOLUNTARY: Per Argentine consular office, citizenship can only be renounced in the capital, Buenos Aires. Papers must be signed at the police station and then the individual must appear before a judge where the renunciation must be accepted by the Argentine government.

INVOLUNTARY: The following are grounds for involuntary loss of Argentine citizenship: Person acquires foreign citizenship, but does not fall under "Dual Citizenship." Person accepts employment or honors from a foreign government without permission. Person commits fraudulent bankruptcy or has an infamous sentence.

Last edited:
Princess Maxima said:
Thanks for the explanation:)

But where did you get from that Argentina does not allow their citizens to give up their citizenship?
I know many people who gave up their argentinian citizenship:ermm:

The Argentinean Government answered this on requests of the Netherlands Justice Department. It seems that Argentina does not allow its citizens to give up their citizenship.

rosana said:
I know you are studying dutch but can you tell me shortly what it says?:flowers:

It sais mainly the same what Henri M explained before... that Princess Máxima cannot give up her argentinian citizenship, becuase Argentina does not allow their citizents to do so

I'd like to add this link (in English), from www.ind.nl. Sorting by country, you may check whether you are supposed to give up your former nationality when adopting the Dutch one:

A

As you can see, as an Argentinean you are not supposed to, unless you were not originally Argentinean, but naturalised.

Last edited:
I am Argentinian and living in the Netherlands at present. I've applied for the Dutch citizenship and in the procedure instructions I was told that Argetinian law does not allow renouncing to one's nationality.
To a certain extent (and mark the word "certain":) ), it stands to reason that those people who are in government-related positions would exclusively have a Dutch passport, because they're representing the Dutch peole - and their commitment to the national interests might be somehow "tinted" if they kept their nationality of origin.

Did Prince Claus and Prince Bernhard give up their German nationality when they married their queens?

Henri M. said:
And she also forgot that Queen Beatrix has two nationalities as well.
She really has? I never knew about this! She half Dutch, half German?

[quote=Pooky] Did Prince Claus and Prince Bernhard give up their German nationality when they married their queens?[/quote]
I think so. Claus got the Dutch Citizenship one or two days before his marriage.

Last edited:
Meeting with Adolf Hitler

Pooky said:
I am Argentinian and living in the Netherlands at present. I've applied for the Dutch citizenship and in the procedure instructions I was told that Argetinian law does not allow renouncing to one's nationality.
To a certain extent (and mark the word "certain":) ), it stands to reason that those people who are in government-related positions would exclusively have a Dutch passport, because they're representing the Dutch peole - and their commitment to the national interests might be somehow "tinted" if they kept their nationality of origin.

Did Prince Claus and Prince Bernhard give up their German nationality when they married their queens?

Yes.

In 1936 Prince Bernhard zur Lippe-Biesterfeld was received in an audience by Adolf Hitler to say farewell to his German homeland. He gave up his German nationality indeed.

I assume Claus von Amsberg did the same in 1966.

But wikipedia isn't exactly a reliable source I believe. Maybe we should mail the RVD, though they will probably only respond 'private matter'.

Three options for Queen Beatrix

Princess_Beatrix said:
She really has? I never knew about this! She half Dutch, half German?

Queen Beatrix (of course) has the Dutch citizenship.

Queen Beatrix most likely has the British citizenship on ground of the Sophia Naturalization Act.

Queen Beatrix can apply for German citizenship having a German parent (and 3 German grandparents, and 7 German great-grandparents, etc.)

:flowers:

Henri M. said:
Simply: one of the pylons which marked the red carpet tumbled down and apparently Máxima wanted to help the mayor to upright it.
Once again, another gesture showing her un-snobby, helpful, warm personnality.

Personally, I really, really like Maxima's megawatt smile, as well as her speeches and the job she has performed as a princess to date, for example her involvment in microfinance. She is hardworking, and whenever I see pictures of her, I cannot not like her.

However, with the money and jewelry she has at her disposal, her messy apperance is insufficient. Her physical apperance the last year or so, has truly been disappointing, especially the hair !

Have a look at this picture:
http://ppe-agency.com/500px/Dec2006/06121312.jpg

If I hadn't known, that she that day attended the Prince Claus Price in the Musicbuilding in Amsterdam, I would honestly have thought that this was a paparazzi shot taken of her, where she was trying to find the right terminal in an airport in order not to miss a flight, or something. She looks confused, irritated, messy and if she was late for something. Her clothes are distastefull(okay, that's a matter of opinion), and her walk is just :wacko:. She doesn't always look like this, but sometimes I think she is a little too much.

Last edited:
MissSaga said:

Personally, I really, really like Maxima's megawatt smile, as well as her speeches and the job she has performed as a princess to date, for example her involvment in microfinance. She is hardworking, and whenever I see pictures of her, I cannot not like her.

However, with the money and jewelry she has at her disposal, her messy apperance is insufficient. Her physical apperance the last year or so, has truly been disappointing, especially the hair !

If I hadn't known, that she that day attended the Prince Claus Price in the Musicbuilding in Amsterdam, I would honestly have thought that this was a paparazzi shot taken of her, where she was trying to find the right terminal in an airport in order not to miss a flight, or something. She looks confused, irritated, messy and if she was late for something. Her clothes are distastefull(okay, that's a matter of opinion), and her walk is just :wacko:. She doesn't always look like this, but sometimes I think she is a little too much.

The heavily pregnant Princess leaves the hypermodern glass-and-steel Muziekgebouw which is directly at the open waterfront in Amsterdam, always with a hard and chilly wind blowing straight in your face. A photocamera, with an angle below her waist, clicks 0,000001 millisecond and voilá, this unfortunate picture has been captured for eternity. This picture, made at the same occasion, tells a completely different story.

I have seen nice outfits by the same heavily pregnant Princess, no so long after this, like this elegant combination or stealing the show in velvet and with emeralds

Henri M. said:
I have seen nice outfits by the same heavily pregnant Princess, no so long after this, like this elegant combination or stealing the show in velvet and with emeralds
She tends to look lovely in her evening outfits- her hair is usually better for instance and of course we do not have to see those ugly legs. She should have her dresses/coats below the knees and get rid of the ankle straps on her outfits which does not help the look either.
Her hair should be back to the natural colour- died blonde with brown eyes looks a bit er.. :wacko:.

juliana said:
She tends to look lovely in her evening outfits- her hair is usually better for instance and of course we do not have to see those ugly legs. She should have her dresses/coats below the knees and get rid of the ankle straps on her outfits which does not help the look either.
Her hair should be back to the natural colour- died blonde with brown eyes looks a bit er.. :wacko:.
My God, if those are ugly legs!! i think her legs look good for a normal body, she´s not a supermodel!!!!!

Thanks Henri, for putting things into perspective. As you said it depends on the angle. And her legs? I don't think they are ugly but ankle straps don't look the greatest..I know I would look awful and I stay away fromn them..:)

MissSaga said:

I like Princess Maxima too, but I can't5 but agree to MissSaga. Her personal look is a complete mess since a year or so. I know she is pregnant and then, she has a certain "indulgence" ;) from us (oh..what mean we are! I ask to myself what we'll do if we were in her possition :lol: ) to be a little messy with her personal appareance. But I hope that since she gives birth to her baby, she will -at least- take care of her hair. It looks awful!

As for her legs, yes, they are a little ...-how can I say it?...a little strong. But she is not guilty of it. All of us shouldn't have the legs of a top model. I only wish she makes what it's possible for her: take care of her clothes and her hairdoss. She must respect the people whom she is representing from the day she married Prince Wilhelm-Alexander: the Netherland one.

Vanesa.

Vanesa said:
I like Princess Maxima too, but I can't5 but agree to MissSaga. Her personal look is a complete mess since a year or so. I know she is pregnant and then, she has a certain "indulgence" ;) from us (oh..what mean we are! I ask to myself what we'll do if we were in her possition :lol: ) to be a little messy with her personal appareance. But I hope that since she gives birth to her baby, she will -at least- take care of her hair. It looks awful!

As for her legs, yes, they are a little ...-how can I say it?...a little strong. But she is not guilty of it. All of us shouldn't have the legs of a top model. I only wish she makes what it's possible for her: take care of her clothes and her hairdoss. She must respect the people whom she is representing from the day she married Prince Wilhelm-Alexander: the Netherland one.

Vanesa.

I totally agree with you Vanesa:flowers: but I don't think her hair looks messy-it looks normal for me

And I also wonder what we'll do if we were in her position:rolleyes: :lol:

I find her bright, warm & caring. She has a beautiful smile.

rosana said:
My God, if those are ugly legs!! i think her legs look good for a normal body, she´s not a supermodel!!!!!

I agree. Though the 'problem' with her legs is, in my opinion, that she tends to wear these shoes with "collar" that magnify her somewhat wide heels. That makes the hole picture of "not so nice legs". Still I think the legs match her strong body complexion.

She has a healthy body, not even very curvy just not Letizia/Mary/topmodel, but I love it. Just like Catherine Zeta-Jones(OT).
I think we're giving her a hard time with the legs/thighs thing. I like her body, I do.

And as Vanesa said it, PLEASE Maxima, next time we see you on an official apperance, I HOPE YOU HAVE A NEW HAIR CUT - seriously. The hair is bad, not Princess material :ohmy:

I'm not a graet connoissor of the Princes of Orange and particularly of Maxima.If it's sur she isn't the most "regal" of the nowadays Crown princesses, we can say that she is matching up very well with her husband who isn't also very princely. The both looks at very healthy people, not very refined with a good dosis of spontaneity and self control. The fact, it's true, that Maxima is very often on the edge of a messy look, but it doesnt mean that she is a messy personn. She belongs, IMO, at this kind of women who cant never be impeccable for a long time, it's in her nature. Happily, she can make up for her great intelligency and her facility to understand quickly and deeply the problems.
It's true that before to be the so hair spay figured of her mother in law, the Queen of Neederland, she have a lot of work but the question is to know if it's important that she catch her mother in law's look?

I didn't read all the posts of this thread but regarding the little Amalia, she seems to me, yes mischievous:p but very charming:wub: , the trubble will be when she will teen ager if she will becoming too spoil that I'm not convinced:flowers:

I agree that Maxima looks messy from time to time but so does WA and some other family members. But for me it doesn’t matter because the Dutch just love their royals the way they are. Maybe someone less outspoken or stiff would not have won the public’s hearts that fast. Her smile is priceless!
From all CP’s I think Maxima is the one who has met her match in terms of the Royal House / family / country the married into – everything suits her personality. When WA announced his engagement I thought poor woman because, looking at Prince Claus, a foreigner himself, he would be the first one to agree that his life was not easy, although it seems he had a very happy marriage with Beatrix.
I have to admit that I was quite astonished when I followed Maxima in terms of what she achieved, it seems that she just hit the nerve of the Dutch people. She surely made WA and the monarchy stronger and I never have the impression that she comes across fake – I think she can be just herself, which is an important key to success. Plus, despite some rumours, it seems that she always had the full support of Queen Beatrix, who gave her opportunities to prove herself and find her position from the beginning.

So I think she was very lucky and she’ll have an easier way compared to her peers because the circumstances just fit.

I would be very, very much surprised if Maxima is just putting on a show; she seems very real to me. Her warmth and happy disposition distinguish her (which Amalia seems to inherit from her). I agree that she does look messy at times, but then who can be immaculate 24/7? I like to think that when she does, it just means that she has more important things on her mind. ;) She also seems to be a hands-on mother and that is something to consider besides her heavy workload. As Henri M. pointed out, Maxima can also be very, very elegant. She has a lot of traits that certainly make up for looking messy at times, although a little more elegance doesn't hurt (this messy hair issue makes me think of Mabel, only Laurentien among the 3 doesn't get criticized for it...but then she has short hair and it basically looks good with just wash and wear).

She comes from a good social background, had excellent schooling and career as a banker. She's willing to learn and do her job - and much more - and for me, that makes her worthy of being a Princess of the Netherlands.

Last edited:
MissSaga said:
And as Vanesa said it, PLEASE Maxima, next time we see you on an official apperance, I HOPE YOU HAVE A NEW HAIR CUT - seriously. The hair is bad, not Princess material :ohmy:

What kind of hair cut would that be? She's gone through several different lenghts, and also changed her level of 'blondeness' quite a lot... please don't suggest the Laurentien do... :sick: :argh:

I think she just should put it up, or have it backwards, like in Oslo or during Queensday 2006. I am not a great fan of the loose strings, as it looks messy and not to nice.

Marengo, I agree. I'm growing a bit tired of looking at the messy hair. A bun is much nicer, but I can understand that she does not want her hair up all the time. At least style she should style it properly when on duty. :rolleyes:

But that's not the most important thing, of course. She's one smart lady and I think that's more important in the end. (But something nice to look at wouldn't hurt either, of course...:rolleyes:)

I agree about the hair, tends to be messy most of the time & its about time we see it up or in a pony tail from time to time. Other than that, i think she seems to be good at what she is doing, apperances's isnt always everything. She doesnt have to look good to do good at what she is doing. Maxima might be comftable at the way she looks with the messy hair & the ugly shoes with wide heels and that is more important than looking good and not comftable.

I really love Maxima and enjoy her personality I really do think though that with all the resourses at their command there is little excuse for getting it wrong. She does and a lot most unusually lately yes ok pregnancy but it I just think whoever helps her should stop experimenting and go back to what really suits classic cuts longer skirts less busy streamline. I think she is getting bad advice.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom