Analysis of Máxima

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Perhaps we could start a new thread about royals with messy hair! :lol:

I agree that Maxima's hair has been rather 'windblown" perhaps with good reason (he pregnancies, etc.) or perhaps she doesn't really care that much about her hair, or perhaps she thinks it looks good that way on her.

Another cp that whose hair I find annoying is cp Mette-Marit -- it seems so lank and unkempt at times. The few times she has put her hair up, or away from her face, I have been stunned by her natural beauty and fine facial bones.

I just cannot belive the discussions that are going on here... :eek:

People are focusing on her "messy hair" and her "ugly legs". Oh I see! For some people this is the most important thing about a Crown Princess: She has to look good, has to wear expensive designer clothes and has to have a topmodel-body.

Who cares about work here?
Maxima is doing a wonderful job as dutch Princess.
She always shows her wonderful and open personality.
That's what I like about her!

Honestly I like most of all the European Princesses... even if some people cannot belive it. I mean.. it seems some people have the opinion :Maxima has messy hair! How can you like her then? :bang:

Princess_Beatrix said:

People are focusing on her "messy hair" and her "ugly legs". Oh I see! For some people this is the most important thing about a Crown Princess: She has to look good, has to wear expensive designer clothes and has to have a topmodel-body.

Who cares about work here?
Maxima is doing a wonderful job as dutch Princess.
She always shows her wonderful and open personality.
That's what I like about her!

Honestly I like most of all the European Princesses... even if some people cannot belive it. I mean.. it seems some people have the opinion :Maxima has messy hair! How can you like her then? :bang:

Whoa, Princess Beatrix -- rather a harsh reprimand on your part, I think!

I feel that I love Maxima, whether she has messy hair or not -- and all the work she does and the breath of fresh air she has brought to the royal family and how she has revitalized interest in the royal family with her hard work.

That really isn't what this thread is about. If you carefully read what the other posters have said, I don't think that there has been any malicious criticism of Maxima ... just some rather mild remarks that are quite true.

Princess_Beatrix said:

I dont recall reading a post that Maxima had to dress in expensive designer cloths nor did i read that people dont like her because of her messy hair and that she doesnt have any legs...

I think everyone here likes/admires Maxima in a way or another. No one can look good 24/7 at the end of the day she is just one of us. People are giving their opinion here and whether they like her or not to the way she looks or dresses...

I know that many people like Maxima and didn't want to attack anyone or being harsh...
It's just so going on my nerves that some people always focus of the Princess "legs" and "hair" and always compare her with Mary or Letizia. Well, but I'll read through this thread another time and maybe I'll find out what some members wanted to say.;)

I don't know if miss Máxima Zorreguieta Cerruti did qualify as a social climber or a gold digger anyway.

She comes from a privileged family, with a house in Recoleta (residential area in Buenos Aires), with an hacienda (studfarm) in Pergamino, with a house in Punta del Este (Uruguay) and a chalet in San Carlos de Bariloche (the Sankt Moritz of South America). The family uses to be in polo sports, quite an upper class activity. As an adolescente Máxima already had a subscription on the Opera (not for the music, but as THE place to meet and greet 'our sort of people'). She did attend a private primary school led by German nuns, went to a private bilingual (English-Spanish) British style secondary girls' school, the most expensive of Buenos Aires (Northlands College). She went to university and soon, as a foreigner (with a green card) managed it to settle in the Manhattan haute finance, living in a $ 4000 per month appartment. That is not 'mainstream' life.

Yes, marrying a royal Prince is hors categorie, but really 'gold digging' and 'social climbing' seems not at order here. The financial and social 'gap' between bride and groom seems much smaller than between Letizia-Felipe, Mette Marit-Haakon, Mary-Frederik, etc.

I agree, Henri. Thus I would like to say that her family's appartment in Recoleta is probably not 'tremendously luxurious' (a building from the 50's probably), and the area in Recoleta where it is located is not the 'top' (Uriburu & Juncal), as it would be, for instance, Alvear Avenue (where the five star hotel Beatrix and the princely couple stayed at while in Buenos Aires is located).

I found a link to a website created by the 'neighbours of Recoleta' in she is mentioned as a somewhat former 'star neighbour':

http://www.conozcarecoleta.com.ar/famosos/maxima_zorreguieta.php

"No solo famosos del espectáculo, escritores y políticos han elegido vivir en Recoleta, sino que también fue el barrio donde vivió la actual Princesa de Holanda, Máxima Zorreguieta, en un edificio en la calle Uriburu 1252" ('Not only famous people from show business, writers and politicians have chosen to live in Recoleta, but it was also the neighbourhood where the current Princess of the Netherlands, Máxima Zorreguieta lived, in a building in Uriburu 1252')

I wouldn't be surprised if it became a part of some city tour.... :lol: (and since the website offers city tours...could already be possible!)

But still, in perspective, yes - she wasn't carrying a mainstream life anyway.

Last edited:
When looking at other Royal Houses or the peers of Maxima I always come back to one conclusion:

For me, Maxima is the most successful CP around in European Royalty. Why?

- She's a perfect match for WA, their marriage is obviously very happy and they form a nice family with their three daughters.
- She was lucky enough to marry into a Royal House that suits her personality and therefore the overwhelming acceptance of the public.
- From the beginning, she was accepted by Queen Beatrix and the public as the person she is, not forced to change or transform into somebody who could be useful for the future of the Dutch monarchy.
- From the beginning, she was taken seriously and included in all kinds of royal duties - either with WA or alone - and was allowed to establish her own profile and make use of the assets she has - eg putting emphasis on integration as Maxima is a foreigner herself or on economics, keeping in mind her professional background, instead of reducing her abilities to collect flower bouquets or talk about breastfeading.
- As a consequence, these days she is recognized as a true character who is established and accepted as an independent represenative of the Dutch Royal House.
- She is not a model but she doesn't have to be as there is so much more about Maxima. Even if she looks messy from time to time, who cares? There are CPs who put way too much emphasis on fashion or, in contrast, think they can do without styling but Maxima has found the right balance between work and appearance. At the end of the day it's the visible work that matters in combination with a nice appearance and not the other way around.

This is just my opinion based on what I see or hear of Maxima, even though I am not a specific fan I am simply fascinated by what she has achieved so far.

I share your opinion...Very well said!

And I hope the flat of Maxima's parents at Uriburu's street should not become a touristic place! There is too many people walking in Recoleta, even without this happening! :D

Vanesa.

I have a doubt... can Máxima vote for the elections in Argentina, having double citizenship?
Thanks.

One thing that Maxima has which i admire alot is her charisma :)

Why?
Because to me, she seems to be a very joyful, fun person who loves to go out there & do her best even if its at a small event or a big event. She doesn’t try to be different or put on a different face on according to how big the event is etc. Maxima seems to always be Maxima. She might be the cown princess’s but she still acts in some way like the person walking on her right :stuart:

I don’t think that fashion or hair makes you like a person because fashion is about taste and there are people and maybe Maxima is one of those who really doesn’t care about fashion but cares about the event she's attending & the people she is going to meet :online2lo

I have a doubt... can Máxima vote for the elections in Argentina, having double citizenship?
Thanks.

Yes, she still can - but it is not compulsory (she could do it via consular). Being more than 500 km away from the jurisdiction in which you are registered for voting allows you to skip voting, however you should prove that you're actually away. According to election law, not proving this would cause you a small fine (about 10 euros, actually). But as far as I know, no one has really had any serious problems with this. Less would Máxima! :rolleyes:

Last edited:
Well, I am sure that there are some behind the scenes diplomatic relations going on to excuse her from voting. At this point, whilst I applaud her for keeping her Argentinian heritage, I really think that she should focus more (not entirely) on being Dutch, because that is who she is now, albeit with an Argentinian flair. I think that she should focus more on her Dutch nationality.

By the way, as far as I know the DRF can not vote in elections in the Netherlands, is this correct? I know that they are not allowed to have a political opinion, which is one of the reasons that Maximas speech a few weeks ago caused such a firestorm.

The RVD, or government information service, has to approve all speeches of the royal family as far as I am aware.

When you live outside the country where you were born, you loose a little bit your nationality in a way. I born in Argentina, from Danish parents, live 10 years in Europe and now the last 8 years in America. When I go back to visit my family in Argentina everybody tell me that i am so different now, that i am not argentinean anymore or that even I speak spanish with an accent! they even refuse at the bank to exchange me maney becasue they told me I was a foreign, I have to show them my Argentinean ID. So I think probably it happen the same to Maxima, she is in another country everyday, with other customs, speaking another languages , eating different, by now she is probably very Dutch! and I fully understand her, plus she get a salary paid by the Dutch, I belive she became already very Dutch . She is a Dutch that it happen born in Argentina

And if she wasn't Dutch she MUST to be Dutch, since she will be the consort Queen of the Netherlands...It's her DUTY to be Dutch . :)

Of course, she will have some "Argentine" tastes and way of viewing things, for a whole story of life could not be erased. But she must be Dutch...Besides she had three Dutch daughters...;)

Vanesa.

And if she wasn't Dutch she MUST to be Dutch, since she will be the consort Queen of the Netherlands...It's her DUTY to be Dutch . :)

Of course, she will have some "Argentine" tastes and way of viewing things, for a whole story of life could not be erased. But she must be Dutch...Besides she had three Dutch daughters...;)

Vanesa.
I agree with you Vanesa, It is her DUTY to be Dutch, she has 3 Dutch daughters and beside the Dutch people pay her salary, It is her Duty, and moral obligation to be Dutch, I would be too in her place!

I agree with Vanessa too. Máxima's roots cannot and should not be forgotten, obviously. The way she understand the world, her tastes, her personality, have argentinian influences. But her role, responsibilities and affection are with Dutch people now.
When Máxima said she was a Dutch who happened to be born in Argentina, I thought "she truly understands her mission as a Dutch princess".
I guess it was not easy for her to reply like this to an argentinian reporter, because there are always persons who will criticize, but she did it. If I was a Dutch I would feel proud of her.

Hi

When you live outside the country where you were born, you loose a little bit your nationality in a way. ...

You are right; I, too, was born in Argentina and now, visiting Buenos Aires after living in New York for 26 years, I live the same type of experiences you did.
I imagine Maxima Zorriegueta, a Vicente López lady for 30+ years, is not different from any other person when he / she lives in a foreign land 5+ years.

ashelen said:
When you live outside the country where you were born, you loose a little bit your nationality in a way. ...

You are right; I, too, was born in Argentina and now, visiting Buenos Aires after living in New York for 26 years, I live the same type of experiences you did.
I imagine Maxima Zorriegueta, a Vicente López lady for 30+ years, is not different from any other person when he / she lives in a foreign land 5+ years.
Duchesa:
yes, it is like you said, we can born and grow up in a country but when you live so many years in others countries you asimilate their way of living. I born and grow up Argentina from danish parents who tried to keep the danish tradition at home, my danish grandmother lived there for 30 years without speaking spanish! so in a way I was already half argentinean , half danish,
Now I am married with a British man and my daughter born here in the US. She is living here , and we are keeping for her british, argentinean and danish traditions, I wonder what will be for her? She is only 6 and know about it, I am sure in a way it will be the same for Maxima's daughters they are dutch but in a way they are half argentinean and I am sure they will grow up with some Argentinean traditions! may be music, food, language etc......
and I am sure she feel today more Dutch than anything else!

You sure you read the article? ;)
Maxima there is again confirmed as someone who knows <exactly> what she wants. Think she would have been as charmed by Willem Alexander's blond eighties hairdo if he'd been employed as a plummer, bar a trust fund and a throne? Think again.
This is the kind of girl, and the article underlines this, who was <brought up> with the (unspoken, but nevertheless very present) goal of marrying someone who could add to their prestige and bank account. I used to live and work in New York, and believe me, there are thousands of Maxima's in New York trying to get into the best of circles in order to find the best possible (read: wealthiest) husband.
We're talking about a woman here who so overshadowed her poor groom at her wedding that it is hard to remember he was even there.

And those dinners...they want and take the opportunity to influence, that's all. While I adore Queen Beatrix and quite like Laurentien and Constantijn, I am a bit sceptical about Willem Alexander and Maxima, because she strikes me as someone more like Evita than, say, Marilene. Evita bettered herself and her position and gained influence through marrying a powerful husband, in a cooly steely focused way. I see Maxima in not much of a different light, sorry folks who are choosing to drink the koolaid on this woman, I just see her as I've come across so many others of her sort when in New York.:sad:
princess olga:I agree with you, i had been in new york, and it is plenty girls like this, i wonde if W-A was a plummer, no money if she would have look at him? and she looks a little bit like EVITA!

What is attractive in Prince Willem-Alexander?

He is the Heir to a fortune. He is gives her access to centuries old palaces, castles, estates. He provides her dazzling diamonds, rubies, pearls, emeralds, sapphires once worn by Stuarts, Yorks, Romanovs, etc. He makes her a housewife with one of the finest porcelain, gold-, silver- and crystalware collections in the world. He surrounds her with dozens of impeccably uniformed footmen. He lets her drive in bulletfree extended royalblue Volvo limousines with chauffeur. He makes her a Princess in her own right, with her own income, her own arms, her own personal standard, her own staff. He makes her free flying in private planes from Buenos Aires to Amsterdam v.v. He makes her dazzle amidst the high and the mighty of this world.

That is what is so attractive to Prince Willem-Alexander.

Oh yes: he is a loving and a caring husband. He is the most easy-going, laidback and goodnatured man you can imagine. He is devoted to his wife and his two daughters. Maybe we must not forget this too.

:flowers:
YES, HENRI WHICH WOMAN WOULDN'T BE TEMETEP FOR EVERYTHING THAT YOU SAID?, I WOULD AND I KNOW MILLIION OF WOMAN WOULD WANT SOEMBODY LIKE HIM!THA'T IS WHAT IS ATTRACTIVE ABOUT HIM1

Last edited by a moderator:
Princess Olga,

Maxima, because she strikes me as someone more like Evita

To compare Maxima Zorriegueta -a lady born to a family with money, name and education....a very weell educated person herself- with María Eva (Evita) Duarte de Perón is the same as to compare a diamant to a piece of junk.
Evita was a product of the lowest (among the lowests) echelon.

Duchesssa

Princess Olga,

Maxima, because she strikes me as someone more like Evita

To compare Maxima Zorriegueta -a lady born to a family with money, name and education....a very weell educated person herself- with María Eva (Evita) Duarte de Perón is the same as to compare a diamant to a piece of junk.
Evita was a product of the lowest (among the lowests) echelon.

Duchesssa
duchessa :
you are right about evita, but i think what princess olga means her looks, sometimes she has the hair the same as EVITA and because would M look at W-A IF HE WAS A PLUMMER?

I was reading most of the posts in this threat and we really will never know if she is a golddiger or a social climber, it is true that she come from an upper middle class familly but compare with the fortune of W-A her family don't have anything so I am sure she was deslumbrate by his power and fortune , and she is a lady that she knows what she wants, they look very in love despite what ever we think about her. She works very hard but I am sure a lot of us work very hard and we do not get her salary or close to that and eventhought she is a working mother like a lot of us, we do not get what she has at home, probably several babysitters, a cook , maids, etc...... so a lot of things she does not to get worry or in stress like us, she doesn't have to do any house work like we most of us do,
regarding her way to dress or hair, I think she does quite fine, she must have stylest, make up artist at home and somebody who choose her outfites , accesories or at list organize for her, most of us , who has kids know how difficult it is to go out to work looking good and she most of the time looks great so she has a lot of help for that. even in her bad hair days i would love to look as glamorous as her! I would be the same if I would have all the help that she has and certenly I would work hard too if the Dutch people is paying me such a salary free of tax!
Anyway I am sure she doesn't care what we think or we say about her, she looks happy who she is and her life how it is she probably got what she wanted a good package, a man who love her, beautifull kids, fortune and power! what else anybody wants to have! and I congratulate her for what she really is and have done! I take my hat of for her including learning a very difficult language like it is the dutch!

duchessa :
you are right about evita, but i think what princess olga means her looks, sometimes she has the hair the same as EVITA and because would M look at W-A IF HE WAS A PLUMMER?

yes, I meant she does, physically, resemble Evita sometimes. And she also shares that they both married up. Sure, Evita came from the slums. Maxima came from a wealthy background. But let's face it, landing a European crown prince is, for billions of women on this planet, an enormous catch!

But let me, for the record, say this about Maxima: over the years I have followed her a bit more closely and as a result, adjusted my opinion of her.

I do think that she saw an opportunity in Alexander taking a shine to her. That I do.

Meanwhile, I on the other hand have no reason to believe she doesn't genuinely like Alexander as well. Especially now that I have adjusted my opinion on <him>, too, especially after this recent lenghty interview he gave in the Netherlands. It was clear, from that interview, that Alexander is a man of vision and substance. Moreover, he seems kind. And to go totally superficial: pictures do not do him justice. He is pretty handsome, and his voice is downright sexy. So if I from a remote distance can see that, Maxima certainly could, too.

To go back to her: she has proven over the past years that she is no idiot. There may be an ambitious side to her, but the good part about that is that she's made a huge effort to do whatever's on her path to show the world she's serious about her place in Dutch society. Her Dutch is exemplary.

Wherever she goes, she goes well prepared, and unlike some of her counterparts in other countries (Mette Marit, Mary especially), you will NEVER catch a Maxima who seems bored.
On the contrary, Maxima always, always, goes out of her way to show interest in whatever situation she is in.

Which is I think, the epitome of showing others respect.
This is why I adjusted my opinion of this lady. Let's face it, there are already enough bored-looking princesses on the European continent. Thank goodness Maxima is showing the world how to be the opposite!

Wherever she goes, she goes well prepared, and unlike some of her counterparts in other countries (Mette Marit, Mary especially), you will NEVER catch a Maxima who seems bored.
On the contrary, Maxima always, always, goes out of her way to show interest in whatever situation she is in.

I agree with you. A while ago she opened the Mauritstentoonstelling in the Legermuseum in Delft. There were also kids present, who joined her. They told Blauw Bloed that the princess was very interested and that she knew a lot of information. She knew almost everything about the subject.

I don't know anything about the other princesses you mentioned, but I have never seen Macima bored...

Máxima is, imo, the Crown Princess who work harder to do everything well done. I also believe she has a good heart and she seems very resolute in all her movements

The only thing I don't like much on Máxima are her constant and long lasting laughs. They seem exaggerated to me. I wouldn't like to see a too serious and bored crown princess and I know a good smile makes wonders to the people around you, but her exaggerated behaviour is not very elegant, imo. Sometimes I wonder what she is seeing or hearing to make her laugh her guts out all the time.

yes, I meant she does, physically, resemble Evita sometimes. And she also shares that they both married up. Sure, Evita came from the slums. Maxima came from a wealthy background. But let's face it, landing a European crown prince is, for billions of women on this planet, an enormous catch!

But let me, for the record, say this about Maxima: over the years I have followed her a bit more closely and as a result, adjusted my opinion of her.

I do think that she saw an opportunity in Alexander taking a shine to her. That I do.

Meanwhile, I on the other hand have no reason to believe she doesn't genuinely like Alexander as well. Especially now that I have adjusted my opinion on <him>, too, especially after this recent lenghty interview he gave in the Netherlands. It was clear, from that interview, that Alexander is a man of vision and substance. Moreover, he seems kind. And to go totally superficial: pictures do not do him justice. He is pretty handsome, and his voice is downright sexy. So if I from a remote distance can see that, Maxima certainly could, too.

To go back to her: she has proven over the past years that she is no idiot. There may be an ambitious side to her, but the good part about that is that she's made a huge effort to do whatever's on her path to show the world she's serious about her place in Dutch society. Her Dutch is exemplary.

Which is I think, the epitome of showing others respect.
This is why I adjusted my opinion of this lady. Let's face it, there are already enough bored-looking princesses on the European continent. Thank goodness Maxima is showing the world how to be the opposite!
princess olga, I agree so much with you, she looks in love with him but like you said "an enormous catch!"

Hello! I am a big fan of Maxima and I am looking forward to participate in this forum.
I like Maxima because she is genuine, she loves what she is doing and it shows, and she has strong family values.
No matter al the criticism she has received because of her father's past liason with a dictatorial regime, she has shown the world that she adores her father and that her father is a very important part of her new family.
Queen Beatriz has been excellent in giving Maxima a vote of confidence and letting the world know that Maxima is greatly respected and appreciated by her and her peers.

as long as her brains don't shrink, it's ok...I think that they are her most valued talent.

Totally agree, Her brains and her personality are her assets.
She is definitely not looking as good as in the past; but she has had three pregnacies one after the other, and she has not rested enough, Even when she was about to give birth, you could see Princess Maxima going places. That is an admirable quality of hers!!!

Máxima is, imo, the Crown Princess who work harder to do everything well done. I also believe she has a good heart and she seems very resolute in all her movements

The only thing I don't like much on Máxima are her constant and long lasting laughs. They seem exaggerated to me. I wouldn't like to see a too serious and bored crown princess and I know a good smile makes wonders to the people around you, but her exaggerated behaviour is not very elegant, imo. Sometimes I wonder what she is seeing or hearing to make her laugh her guts out all the time.

I felt the same way about Princess Maxima when she first appeared on the scene; that she was too boisterous for a Royal. Now I've come to appreciate her enthusiasm and how her sense of humor compliments her husband's personality. It will be an asset rather than a liability when she becomes Queen Consort.

What I think makes Maxima so endearing, and so loved by the Dutch people, is the fact that they can relate to her. She seems to be a down to earth, and genuinely caring person, who appears to take time to listen to what other people have to say.

Come to think of it, it seems like almost all of the Dutch princesses, or at the very least Laurentien and Maxima, share this trait. They were "normal" people before becoming princesses, and they do not seem to have lost that normalcy when they married into the Royal Family. They don't seem to have become caught up in the trappings that surround their new position.

Not to say that they are not making full use out of everything that they have, but nearly everyone would do that.

I guess the best way to say it is this way: "The title of princess does not wear them, Maxima and Laurentien wear the title of princess with grace and a measure of humility."

I guess the best way to say it is this way: "The title of princess does not wear them, Maxima and Laurentien wear the title of princess with grace and a measure of humility."

Could not have said it better!!!!

But I was amazed when seeing the pic in which she appears with his husband and the Queen en Italy. What a pinky stuff! Look at the Queen and the Princess outfits...Scandalously PINK! And also Prince Willem's Alexander's tie...:eek::ROFLMAO:

My...I've never liked pink in the clothes. People dressed in pink looks as if he/she was a big meringue-cake...Do you know, these meringues couloured with some pink in it...:D

Vanesa.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom