Espen Høiby's wedding

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Larzen

Heir Presumptive
Today Mette-Marits brither Espen (46) will get married to Renate Jonassen (32) in beautiful Hidra church at the Island of Hidra in the south of Norway. Haakon and Mette-Marit will attend (nothing written about the children) Yesterday they started the wedding with a gathering a boat called "Mary" outside the city of flekkefjord. About 100 guests are expected. The couple met at work, they both work in the Scandinavian Arilines, he is a pilot she is a stewardess. They were supposed to get married last year but postponed it because they got a son together at the time of the planned wedding. Renate is getting married for the first time, Espen for the 2 time, he has 3 children with his exwife (a couple of them were bridesmaids in Haakon and Mette-Marits wedding I think)
Sven O Høiby says he is too ill to attend which he is sad about since Espen calls him regularly
http://www.seher.no/cm/SeHer/Kjendisnytt/Norske/1.117376

Sverre-Magnus christening, pool/scanpix
Here is a pic from yesterday, from VG
http://www.vg.no/pub/vgart.hbs?artid=124817

Attachments

• weddind.jpg
    weddind.jpg
    16.8 KB · Views: 659
Last edited:
First small pic from the wedding, Mette-MArit chose a cream dress with a broad blue ribbon around her waist and carried Sverre Magnus into church, Haakon chose his national costume, it looked more than warm:eek: What did not look so hot is that he is growing his beird more:eek: Ingrid had a blue dress white a smal white jacket. They all looked very happy and the weather was beautiful.
sverreee5.jpg
foto: T.E. Schrøder.

Last edited:
lovely picture :) :) !!!!!!!!! Sverre is so cute :D

Thanks larzen

Pictures by Erlend Berge - se og hør

http://www.seher.no/cm/SeHer/Kjendisnytt/Norske/1.117376

Pictures from scanpix-Aftenposten
It does not look like Marius was there, maybe he is on vacation with his father?
1 Hidra church
In the backround of pic 2 and 3 you can see Ingrid and Sverres nanny, blue dress, dark hair white ballerinas.

1 Mette-Marit giving her brother a hug
4 the Bride and groom
5 the bride arriving with her father
7 Espen Høiby arrivng to church
8 Mette-Marits mother and her husband who was walking with a crutch, he has been in and out of hospital with heart trouble
9 Haakon, who forgot to shave;)
10 The woman in yellow behind Mette-Marit is her sister Kristin

Attachments

• _073842_jpg_432088r.jpg
    _073842_jpg_432088r.jpg
    34 KB · Views: 3,032
  • _073843_jpg_432089h.jpg
    _073843_jpg_432089h.jpg
    18.1 KB · Views: 450
  • _073844_jpg_432090r.jpg
    _073844_jpg_432090r.jpg
    39.1 KB · Views: 579
  • _073845_jpg_432091h.jpg
    _073845_jpg_432091h.jpg
    11.9 KB · Views: 2,360
  • _073847_jpg_432093h.jpg
    _073847_jpg_432093h.jpg
    17.1 KB · Views: 1,067
  • _073848_jpg_432094h.jpg
    _073848_jpg_432094h.jpg
    22.8 KB · Views: 410
  • _073849_jpg_432095h.jpg
    _073849_jpg_432095h.jpg
    13.2 KB · Views: 448
  • _073850_jpg_432096h.jpg
    _073850_jpg_432096h.jpg
    13.4 KB · Views: 1,570
  • _073851_jpg_432097h.jpg
    _073851_jpg_432097h.jpg
    13.5 KB · Views: 411
  • _073841_jpg_432087s.jpg
    _073841_jpg_432087s.jpg
    53.3 KB · Views: 534
Last edited:
Larzen said:
Pictures from scanpix-Aftenposten
It does not look like Marius was there, maybe he is on vacation with his father

Thanks Larzen!!! It's a good work!!
It's a beautiful family! I love the MM's dress. IA and Sverre is so cute!!!!!

Thank you very much by the photos of the family, the princess this very beautiful :),the children are precious and beautiful :p !!!!!!!

Last edited:
i also think mette marit looked lovely. nice combination of the dress and the shoes, and her hair looks so shiny! nice natural tan as well.

what a sweet family...

Thanks so much
This kind of pix are very precious to me

Beautiful pics - and I just can't believe how beautiful Norway is!

nice pictures of the wedding from family has Mette Marit more sisters ?

No she has one sister, and two brothers, Espen is a pilot, Per works in the Military, a quite high posision I think because he is on TV sometimes answering military questions, he has also been aide de camp for King Harald, before his sister met Haakon though. Im not sure what her sister do really, the press never writes about her, she is married and has three girls and lives in Kristiansand I think. All her siblings are quite alot older than her.

Last edited:
What a wonderful summer wedding! This Hidra church looks absolutely wonderful, like a perfect getaway church for a summer wedding.

I love the bride's hair, it was very nicely done, having it free with some curls. But Crown Prince Haakon, what was he thinking wearing the national costume?! :eek: I'm surprised he didn't faint. I surely would've, at least if it's as warm as here in Sweden... But I must say that the wedding looked quite "causal", well not casual, but not terribly "dressed up" (for the guests, that is). Mette-Marit's dress, sans the ribbon, looks like a nice rather casual dress that anyone could wear during a warm summer, doing ordinary things.

Thank you so much Larzen for providing all the info and pictures, it is greatly appreciated!

Yes the wedding seemed quite casual and relaxed, tha groom wore white tie but none of the other guests did, it was a typical Norwegian wedding with all sorts of outfits mixed together. They are normal people and invite normal people in their wedding who dont have white ties and ballgowns hanging around, maybe that why Haakon chose his bunad so he did not have to decide on what to wear, business suit, tux or white tie. Anyway i think it suits him (although the woolen stockings cant have been much fun yesterday:eek: )

VG has a cute story from the wedding. When Espen sat and waited nervously for his bride Ingrid thought he looked a little lonely so she ran up and sat on the empty chair next to him where the bride is supposed to sit and sent the crowd her biggest smile. Mette-Marit tried to go and get her but she refused to move and she sent a happy triumphant smile to the crowd again when her mother gave up. Just before the bride arrived Haakon went and had to get her with power, she loudly protested from being taken from her place and insisted she wanted to sit there, but when the bride arrived she sat with her parents in the crowd. Mette-Marit read a passage from the bible. After the wedding Espen rowed his bride in a boat across the water to the guests who was waiting at the other side for the reception in a small restaurant by the sea

Still a little left on the church etiquette;)
Pictures from E-VG, scanpix

Attachments

• Untitled-TrueColor-03.jpg
    Untitled-TrueColor-03.jpg
    62.1 KB · Views: 811
  • Untitled-TrueColor-04.jpg
    Untitled-TrueColor-04.jpg
    53.7 KB · Views: 567
  • Untitled-TrueColor-02.jpg
    Untitled-TrueColor-02.jpg
    63.3 KB · Views: 1,409
  • Untitled-TrueColor-01.jpg
    Untitled-TrueColor-01.jpg
    25.5 KB · Views: 1,652
  • fr.jpg
    fr.jpg
    55.5 KB · Views: 389
Last edited:
Larzen said:
VG has a cute story from the wedding. When Espen sat and waited nervously for his bride Ingrid thought he looked a little lonely so she ran up and sat on the empty chair next to him where the bride is supposed to sit and sent the crowd her biggest smile. Mette-Marit tried to go and get her but she refused to move and she sent a happy triumphant smile to the crowd again when her mother gave up. Just before the bride arrived Haakon went and had to get her with power, she loudly protested from being taken from her place and insisted she wanted to sit there, but when the bride arrived she sat with her parents in the crowd.
Aw, how cute! Of course it can also be difficult to handle children at times like these, especially if it's a wedding or something and they aren't supposed to cream in protest when the bride is supposed to enter... But anyway, what a sweet anecdote! :)

Larzen said:
After the wedding Espen rowed his bride in a boat across the water to the guests who was waiting at the other side for the reception in a small restaurant by the sea
Aaah... That sounds so wonderful. Sounds like a wonderful family-close wedding. I've never heard of rowing the bride like that, but what a nice thing to do for an island wedding! :)

Thank you very much for these pictures, Larzen! It is indeed a lovely summer wedding.
Haakon looks very handsome, as do Mette-Marit who is looking beautiful and glowing. She has a wonderful dress with nice colour, and lovely earings. Sverre is totally the mini-Ingrid.. he is very blonde and his face is very expressive & cute, he also bring his white stuffed-animal everywhere. Too bad Marius couldn't join the family as well.

Larzen said:
VG has a cute story from the wedding. When Espen sat and waited nervously for his bride Ingrid thought he looked a little lonely so she ran up and sat on the empty chair next to him where the bride is supposed to sit and sent the crowd her biggest smile. Mette-Marit tried to go and get her but she refused to move and she sent a happy triumphant smile to the crowd again when her mother gave up. Just before the bride arrived Haakon went and had to get her with power, she loudly protested from being taken from her place and insisted she wanted to sit there, but when the bride arrived she sat with her parents in the crowd. Mette-Marit read a passage from the bible.

well.. this is certainly a cute story, Larzen. Ingrid Alexandra is very funny, and i just got to laugh reading this story. That's very kind of Ingrid! :D :D She also wore a beautiful summery dress, and looking very adorable these days.

Thank you very much for these pictures, Larzen!!!!!!!!
Indrid and Sverre are so cuteeee :p !!!!

Larzen said:
VG has a cute story from the wedding. When Espen sat and waited nervously for his bride Ingrid thought he looked a little lonely so she ran up and sat on the empty chair next to him where the bride is supposed to sit and sent the crowd her biggest smile. Mette-Marit tried to go and get her but she refused to move and she sent a happy triumphant smile to the crowd again when her mother gave up. Just before the bride arrived Haakon went and had to get her with power, she loudly protested from being taken from her place and insisted she wanted to sit there, but when the bride arrived she sat with her parents in the crowd. Mette-Marit read a passage from the bible. After the wedding Espen rowed his bride in a boat across the water to the guests who was waiting at the other side for the reception in a small restaurant by the sea

Thanks a lot for this interesting story.
It would even be better if we could see this event happening on a video clip if available.....:)

Larzen said:
VG has a cute story from the wedding. When Espen sat and waited nervously for his bride Ingrid thought he looked a little lonely so she ran up and sat on the empty chair next to him where the bride is supposed to sit and sent the crowd her biggest smile. Mette-Marit tried to go and get her but she refused to move and she sent a happy triumphant smile to the crowd again when her mother gave up. Just before the bride arrived Haakon went and had to get her with power, she loudly protested from being taken from her place and insisted she wanted to sit there, but when the bride arrived she sat with her parents in the crowd.

I am going to chime in and say that I really enjoyed this anecdote, too.

We never think much about the other non-royal aunts and uncles of the young princes and princesses. The media probably doesn't pay too much attention about how much time Marius, Ingrid Alexandra and Sverre Magnus are spending with their maternal aunts, uncles and siblings, and we are more likely to see pictures of Haakon and Mette-Marit's kids when they are visiting with Martha Louise and her daughters. It's nice to hear that Ingrid Alexandra is close to her maternal uncle, too.

Larzen said:
After the wedding Espen rowed his bride in a boat across the water to the guests who was waiting at the other side for the reception in a small restaurant by the sea

What an utterly romantic gesture! I am swooning at the idea of being rowed anywhere(!) with your new husband after the service! :p Makes the idea of a lakeside wedding even more attractive!

Last edited:
Larzen said:

Still a little left on the church etiquette;)
Pictures from E-VG, scanpix
That's an adorable story! Ingrid seems to have a mind of her own when it comes to choosing seats at church events, with this and watching Sverre's christening from her spot on the stairs!

Alexandria said:
What an utterly romantic gesture! I am swooning at the idea of being rowed anywhere(!) with your new husband after the service! :p Makes the idea of a lakeside wedding even more attractive!
The idea of rowing the bride, albeit very romantic, is not a new one, it comes from the days when there were no cars and the roads were terrible and Norway was an even less acessable country than it is now, especially on the west coast. Then the only way was to transport the bride and the guests was by boat. The theme feautures in on of Norways most famous paintings its called "Brudeferden i Hardanger" - "Wedding journey in Hardanger" it was painted in 1848 by Adolf Tiedman and Hans Gude, its is counted as the main work from the national romatic area in Norways art history. The bride and groom is in the back of the boat in the national costumes, the bride with with the wedding crown.

National Museum, Oslo

Lucky for this groom it was not very far, and the weather was nice, the romantic aspect disappears quite rappidly if it rains:p
rorouh8.jpg

Schrøder

Last edited:
Thank you soooooooo much lucidu for the photos!!! :) :)

Atene said:
Ingrid Alexandra is so cute in the blue dress.

If it seems a wrist and its Sverre brother he is very sweet both are beautiful.
I do not get tired to see these photos :rolleyes: :rolleyes: :D :D

What a beautiful wedding!!

M-M looks especially radiant! She's wearing the same Valentino dress that Princess Marie Chantal wore last month I believe.

Thank you Larzen and lucidu for sharing the pictures and anedoctes of this delightful wedding.

Everyone looks great, I honestly like to see Haakon (well I like to see him anyway;)) in his national costume.

And from what Larzen told Ingrid has already chosen a groom :D. She has indeed a strong personality framing it with that delicious smile :).

Regards,
mtbcm

Back
Top Bottom