The Royal Forums Coat of Arms

Join The Royal Forums Today

Old 04-04-2018, 01:40 AM
Heir Apparent

Charles and Camilla are in Brisbane
Prince Charles and Camilla visit Brisbane, well-wishers brave wet weather for a glimpse - ABC News (Australian Broadcasting Corporation)
https://www.9news.com.au/national/20...in-wagga-wagga

Old 04-04-2018, 01:41 AM
Majesty

Quote:
Prince Charles and his wife Camilla have arrived in Brisbane to begin their Australian tour, tying in with the start of the Commonwealth Games on the Gold Coast.

The royal couple kicked off their visit with a formal ceremony at Old Government House, including an inspection of the guard and a 21 gun-salute.

Following the ceremony, the pair took a more informal stroll through the botanic gardens where Queenslanders gathered to welcome the royal visitors.
Read more: Prince Charles and Camilla touch down in Brisbane for Australian tour

Old 04-04-2018, 01:43 AM
Administrator

Some more photos can also be found here:

** rex gallery ** gettyimages gallery **

** dailymail: Prince Charles and Camilla make a secret stop on their Australian jaunt..**
Old 04-04-2018, 02:32 AM
Imperial Majesty

Some from twitter

https://twitter.com/abcbrisbane/stat...98012986560513

https://twitter.com/domaniicameron/s...94919209267200

https://twitter.com/jill_poulsen/sta...94803157012480

Look forward to the footage, and games. Did any reporters go with them? Or are they too busy preparing for baby watch to care?

Amazing farm they visited in private on way

https://twitter.com/7NewsGoldCoast/s...95605128929280
Old 04-04-2018, 04:36 AM
Heir Apparent

Love the videos and the enthusiasm of the Aussies. One woman spoke of how kind Camilla's eyes were. Very sweet. We don't hear details like that often.
Old 04-04-2018, 06:15 AM
Administrator
Blog Editor
Royal Blogger

Quote:
Originally Posted by Countessmeout View Post
Look forward to the footage, and games. Did any reporters go with them? Or are they too busy preparing for baby watch to care?
Tim Rooke (photographer) is in Australia with C&C, apparently Arthur Edwards is as well but I haven't seen anything on his Twitter yet.

Charles and Camilla have been in Australia for a few days already, staying in regional NSW on the Deltroit Estate owned by one of Charles's long-time friends, Sir Michael Hintze. One of our news stations got footage of them boarding a RAAF plane at Wagga Wagga Airport this morning.
Prince Charles and Duchess of Cornwall made secret trip to Gundagai property - ABC News (Australian Broadcasting Corporation)

New photos from this evening:

Clarence House @ClarenceHouse 9m9 minutes ago
Their Royal Highnesses then attended a reception on the Gold Coast ahead of the @GC2018 opening ceremony, as guests of the Governor-General. There they met various other guests including The King of Tonga. #RoyalVisitAustralia
https://twitter.com/ClarenceHouse/st...57444776939521
Old 04-04-2018, 06:34 AM
Imperial Majesty

Arthur Edwards was at the Botanic Gardens. Channel 7 kept getting him into their coverage. Those photographers were very close to Charles and the crowds.
Old 04-04-2018, 01:05 PM
Majesty

Prince Charles delivers Queen’s message at Commonwealth Games opening
Prince Charles delivers Queen’s message at Commonwealth Games opening - Gallery of Articles
https://www.insidethegames.biz/artic...fAAQqY.twitter
Old 04-04-2018, 01:43 PM
Imperial Majesty

Lord, I don’t even want to think about what our fellow royal watchers would say if Catherine or Meghan was seen flipping throw a magazine during a ceremony like this,
Camilla appears bored throughout Commonwealth Games opening ceremony | Daily Mail Online

A.W. TOZER
Old 04-04-2018, 02:07 PM
Imperial Majesty

Location: On the west side of North up from Back, United States
I actually don't see Camilla doing anything unusual at all. Those programs are provided to give information on the event. Perhaps she was looking up something that she wanted clarification on? Heck, how many people will be glancing through the program provided for a church service at various times.
No law can be sacred to me but that of my nature. Good and bad are but names very readily transferable to that or this; the only right is what is after my constitution, the only wrong what is against it.

~~~Ralph Waldo Emerson~~~
Old 04-04-2018, 02:54 PM
Heir Apparent

Quote:
flipping through a magazine during a ceremony like this,
Presumably [in your Olympian Virtue] you NEVER buy and thumb through a PROGRAMME at the Theatre/Concert/Opera ?
Quite clearly this is relevant to the Occasion attended, and NOT 'Woman's Weekly' or 'Vogue'
Old 04-04-2018, 04:09 PM
Heir Presumptive

She looked bored the whole time
Old 04-04-2018, 04:34 PM
Imperial Majesty

Perhaps, and this is just a perhaps, Camilla took some hints from her mother-in-law on how to get through an evening of opening ceremonies. Its a fine art to actually just look bored when in actuality, one is falling asleep.

No law can be sacred to me but that of my nature. Good and bad are but names very readily transferable to that or this; the only right is what is after my constitution, the only wrong what is against it.

Old 04-04-2018, 05:33 PM
Heir Presumptive

Charles and Camilla: Visit to Australia (2018 Commonwealth Games) - April 2018

Why all the photos etc of the Queen. This is about Charles and Camilla and she looked bored and it was rude. She has a good life so looking happy wouldn’t hurt her especially when she was being welcomed. The republicans would be loving this
Old 04-04-2018, 05:46 PM
Imperial Majesty

To point out that Camilla was just caught at an odd moment and was not, in any way IMO, rude. Everyone gets the odd moment of being not so attentive or feelings of dozing off sitting through things like opening ceremonies. This wasn't a situation unique to Camilla as pointed out with the Queen looking less than attentive at the opening games of the London 2012 Olympic Games.

There even was an article recently that posted photos of Charles looking totally bored at events spanning 64 years.

Hilarious photos suggest Prince Charles looked bored | Daily Mail Online

This is not something unique to Camilla or something she did that was "rude" but actually something every human being falls prey to at some time in their lives. Camilla is not a robot or a puppet on a string.

Old 04-04-2018, 05:47 PM
Heir Apparent

Quote:
she looked bored and it was rude
I watched the BBC coverage of the Opening Ceremony [in its entirety] and saw NOTHING of the sort..
No idea whose coverage you watched, perhaps you could post images of the 'rudeness' ?
Old 04-04-2018, 05:56 PM
Heir Presumptive

Quote:
Originally Posted by wyevale View Post
I watched the BBC coverage of the Opening Ceremony [in its entirety] and saw NOTHING of the sort..
No idea whose coverage you watched, perhaps you could post images of the 'rudeness' ?

I watched it live
Old 04-04-2018, 06:01 PM
Heir Presumptive

http://www.news.com.au/sport/commonw...66b452d0e6ace6
Is this what you wanted Nico
Old 04-04-2018, 06:15 PM
Imperial Majesty
Royal Blogger

Well do you know what, I watched the ceremony this afternoon after recording it this morning and I really enjoyed it! It was great to see something so personal to Australia. I felt like it was very different to the Olympic ceremonies, and I felt very attached to it.

It was lovely to see Charles and Camilla there.
Old 04-04-2018, 06:19 PM
Heir Apparent

Quote:
I felt very attached to it.
So did I.. rightly called 'the friendly games' !

Tags
australia, camilla, charles, commonwealth games