The Royal Forums Coat of Arms

Go Back   The Royal Forums > Reigning Houses > British Royals > Prince Harry and Prince William

Join The Royal Forums Today
Closed Thread

Old 11-04-2009, 05:55 AM
Imperial Majesty

Quote:
Originally Posted by cd255 View Post
I hope he doesn't drag this relationship out another few years or even another year for that matter. I just don't think Kate is "the one". Men aren't afraid of commitment when they find the right person. I hope William does find the right one for him.
We do not know what plans these two might have made or whether they have an understanding, nor is there any evidence to support a fear of commitment. It is quite possible they have had a good long talk about their future, they are happy with the course they have chosen and they both love each other enough to wait, as many young people do. There are many couples who made a commitment early on, you can read about their divorce in the Times.

Old 11-04-2009, 08:44 PM
Heir Presumptive

Well, none of us knows what discussions they've had (if any) or what their feelings are. It's all speculations. What we do know is that William is still young. He has time on his side. And anything can happen.

Old 11-05-2009, 01:42 AM
Heir Apparent

I'd feel badly for William, too.

Quote:
Originally Posted by rmay286 View Post
I've thought William could be afraid of commitment, too. Just a "sense" I have based on what little I know of him; and also, of course, his parents' history. And I also don't think he's guaranteed to marry Kate, although I'd feel bad for her if the relationship ended after so many years.
Old 11-06-2009, 01:57 AM
Aristocracy

What we know about Kate and William are mostly speculation, and it's good to see that they're taking the relationship at their stride. Right now it's a bit hard to imagine William ending up marrying another woman, mainly because I think royals of such popularity have a harder time finding a partner who they can love, the people can love; someone without a scandalous background, and above all, someone willing to trade her privacy for a lifetime of public service. I don't think a deep thinker like William would jump into marriage with any acceptable girl of childbearing age. He strikes me as the careful type... stubborn but careful.
Old 11-06-2009, 01:58 AM
Heir Apparent

Yes, I agree. William has struck me as a thinker and a deep person...although no doubt he knows how to have a good time as well.

Quote:
Originally Posted by BritishRoyals View Post
He strikes me as the careful type... stubborn but careful.
Old 11-08-2009, 08:44 PM
Commoner

That's one reason I find it hard to believe that Will and Kate won't get married and that I don't mind waiting for an engagement announcement. So long as they are together, I can wait til I'm old and crippled.
Old 11-09-2009, 11:18 AM
Courtier

Quote:
Originally Posted by AnnaSophia View Post
That's one reason I find it hard to believe that Will and Kate won't get married and that I don't mind waiting for an engagement announcement. So long as they are together, I can wait til I'm old and crippled.
You can wait AnnaSophia but can Kate?
Old 11-09-2009, 07:17 PM
Heir Apparent

I guess that depends on how badly Prince William wants an heir.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wisteria View Post
You can wait AnnaSophia but can Kate?
Old 11-09-2009, 07:38 PM
Heir Apparent

Well let us hope that william wants an heir... desperately. lol
Old 11-09-2009, 08:22 PM
Nobility

William had more liberty and privacy at that time of his life when he met Kate. Now he's older he's been rewrapped in cotton wool and it will be near impossible for most women to get near him unless they're well connected or "suitable" anyway.

Besides that, what woman would want to spend the rest of her life with a man who is surrounded by security, yes men, hangers on, insufferable snobs and let's not forget the paparazzi? I think he'll either marry Kate or settle for a wealthy well connected woman from his circle regardless of love. Just as his father did.
Old 11-09-2009, 08:30 PM
Heir Apparent

Like father, like son? You have raised a good point there, Lighthouse.
Old 11-09-2009, 08:38 PM
Heir Presumptive

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mermaid1962 View Post
I guess that depends on how badly Prince William wants an heir.
William has plenty of time (especially being a male) to produce an heir. It doesn't necessarily have to be Kate. He could easily fall in love with someone else at any time. You never know how life will work out. He's only 27!
Old 11-09-2009, 08:53 PM
Nobility

Quote:
Originally Posted by udyusa View Post
Like father, like son? You have raised a good point there, Lighthouse.
I actually didn't intend for the 2nd paragraph to sound so harsh but it looks like the point came across.
Old 11-09-2009, 09:32 PM
Heir Apparent

Perhaps I should have qualified my point as "wants an heir with Kate."

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sereta View Post
William has plenty of time (especially being a male) to produce an heir. It doesn't necessarily have to be Kate. He could easily fall in love with someone else at any time. You never know how life will work out. He's only 27!
Old 11-10-2009, 01:57 PM
Aristocracy

Don't forget that you need an heir and a spare. And even if daughters can become monarchs, there's a distinct preference to sire a son/king...
Old 11-10-2009, 03:16 PM
Imperial Majesty

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lighthouse View Post
I think he'll either marry Kate or settle for a wealthy well connected woman from his circle regardless of love. Just as his father did.
I can't think of one young woman from his circle who would want to put up with intrusion from the media and members of the public. If he manages to hang on to Kate, he should count himself blessed.
Old 11-12-2009, 11:18 AM
Aristocracy

I agree, Skydragon. Regardless of what people think, being a royal -- and for William's case, an heir -- will actually mean having a harder time finding a suitable partner in life. Only the naive ones will actually want to be a princess. Ladies from their circle will already have enough money and power... so why would they want a lifetime of public scrutiny? This is why I believe that just like Diana & Fergie, William and Harry's future wives would only have agreed to marry them for love.
Old 11-12-2009, 11:56 AM
Commoner

Quote:
Originally Posted by Skydragon View Post
I can't think of one young woman from his circle who would want to put up with intrusion from the media and members of the public. If he manages to hang on to Kate, he should count himself blessed.
...which prompted Cath to so famously imply that Wills was lucky to have her, not the other way around
Old 11-14-2009, 07:16 PM
Commoner

Lucky

Quote:
Originally Posted by aplusw2000 View Post
...which prompted Cath to so famously imply that Wills was lucky to have her, not the other way around

I really think it's sad that life has to be that way. However, I think that is a great statement on her part. Maybe that's why he seems to try extra hard to keep Kate. Many girls say they would love to be a princess, but how many could actually handle the pressure. When the media and others critisize the royal family for marrying based on status, i don't think people factor in the very limited amount of women willing to face that no matter how much they love him.
Old 11-14-2009, 08:21 PM
Nobility

I respectfully disagree. There are plenty of young commoner women out there who would gladly handle the pressure for love and if not for love then for the tremendous pay off. If Wills dropped Kate he would have women lined up outside his door by next day.