William and Kate: engagement and relationship rumours and musings 2009

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
The Swedish press is copying this story from 2 weeks ago from the British yellow press. It's all a bunch of rubbish.
Uups! Thanks for clarifying this. So maybe the British press was inspired by the case of the Swedish princesses. I agree that it is a bunch of rubbish.:flowers:

PRINCE William will keep his sweetheart Kate Middleton waiting for a wedding until June 2012 - when he turns 30.
Royal-watchers had expected the couple, who have been dating on and off for eight years, to tie the knot next summer.

People.co.uk - PRINCE WILLIAM AND KATE MIDDLETON DATE

:cool:

PRINCE Harry smuggled old flame Chelsy Davy back to his place after a night on the town last weekend, we can reveal.

Then he sent a flunky to hire DVDs from his local Blockbusters store, so the pair could curl up in front of the telly together.

DIRTY HARRY | Prince sneaks Chelsy Davy back home | News Of The World

Chelsy Davy is planning a secret trip to see Prince Harry at RAF Shawbury after the pair stepped out in public for the first time since rekindling their relationship.

According to one of Chelsy's friends, the pretty Zimbabwean cooked Harry a special meal for his 25th birthday last week.

Read more: Chelsy's special trip to spend time with Harry | Mail Online

I don't really believe that 2012 would be on the radar.

There is no way that anything would be allowed to overshadow the Diamond Jubilee celebrations so that rules out any engagement before the middle to end of June as engaged or married a new Princess William would be the focus of everyone regardless of what was being celebrated - simply because she would be new.

However the Olympics are due a couple of weeks later, in late July and I don't really see the British government forking out for the security needed for a royal wedding of the size of William's on top of the expenses of the Olympics - unless they are to marry at the Opening or Closing Ceremony.

I see an engagement being annouced late 2012 or early 2013 for a summer wedding in 2013, personally (which I have been saying for a couple of years since it was annouced that William intended on training with the SAR).

Last edited by a moderator:
After what happened to his mother I doubt they'll marry and produce an heir until they're well in their 30s.

2012. 2013?

I could say: poor Kate but I don't. If I were her, I would be confused becouse of waiting so long and I personally would have nothing against charity works and royal duties and responsibilies. But it's Kate. I have impression that she doesn't so desperate to be new princess as many people think. I think she's nice, normal and very average person who wants to lead normal, average life.

Probably she will be very happy if she could go to work like a gallery or works for family company, has nice husband who is, I don't know, businessman, aristocracy (but like Freddie, not very important member of family, 26th to the throne or something like that) or sportsman. She could shopping, partying every weekend with friends and lead a normal life without paparazzi waiting on her on every corner of the street. But unfortunately she doesn't. Her boyfriend is a future king. And that's not so good. Of course, she could have child and husband but in her situation that's mean big changes in life so she doesn't wait for it so desperately and she's lucky that she could spend next three years in peace. We'll never know.

I suppose that Kate will be very like Mary of Danemark when she'll marry William. I saw Kate's photos from university. She was very amusing and cheerful person. As she getting older she became more and more serious. Maybe that's not so bad but I would prefer the first version. I had the same feelings about Mary. Personally I love princess Maxima who is a very kind, cheerful, energetic a vivid person, even as throne princess and future (maybe even not so long) queen.

I do agree that Kate seems quite reserved and conservative to me. For a while I have seen her as pretty conservative and maybe afraid of taking risks because of the way she dresses (a lot of black and grey). After watching that paparazzi video, where we got to hear her voice (and nice English accent!) I also think Kate is quite reserved. Yes, anyone would be uncomfortable with paparazzi taking photos of them, but somehow she came across as an anxious sort of person to me. I guess that could also explain why Kate hasn't branched out much in terms of a career.

I don't know whether being cautious and reserved is a good or a bad trait for a future queen. Probably good because it means she will respect tradition, maybe not so good if it means she tends to get anxious easily in new situations.

And I agree, I don't think she's desperate to be the next queen. I think Kate's personality is the opposite of attention-seeking, although you never know. Diana, who later made an art of courting the media, was initially labelled "Shy Di."

Seems someone wants a little press for his band, huh?

I'm sorry - I cannot see Kate being Princess of Wales let alone Queen. Queen? Are you kidding me? She was not raised by a royal household. She has NO experience dealing with British politics/media. She has NO noble blood or connection to royalty. Yes, I am old fashion, but I would rather see William with someone who has SOME amount of status. It's embarrassing that I had to see my cousin and her husband go through an abdication because she had been divorced twice and had her own scandals, but at least she had already been married to men of high status. I would really like to know what Diana would say about all this.

I'm sorry - I cannot see Kate being Princess of Wales let alone Queen. Queen? Are you kidding me? She was not raised by a royal household. She has NO experience dealing with British politics/media. She has NO noble blood or connection to royalty. Yes, I am old fashion, but I would rather see William with someone who has SOME amount of status. It's embarrassing that I had to see my cousin and her husband go through an abdication because she had been divorced twice and had her own scandals, but at least she had already been married to men of high status. I would really like to know what Diana would say about all this.

Diana would say - does she make you happy, does she love you, do you love her? and if he answered yes to those questions she would say 'go for it'.

Fortunately the BRF, and the other royal families are now allowing their princes and princesses to marry for love rather than the blood lines of the spouse - we all know how disastrous the last marriage for bloodlines turned out - Charles and Diana simply were wrong for each other and he should have been allowed to marry for love not blood.

As for Edward and Wallis - good riddance to bad rubbish - I am glad she came along and gave the British government a great reason to get rid of a completely unsatisfactory person.

I'm sorry - I cannot see Kate being Princess of Wales let alone Queen. Queen? Are you kidding me? She was not raised by a royal household. She has NO experience dealing with British politics/media.

When did the last time somebody raised in a royal household marry a British royal? It wasn't Diana (though the Spencers had, for generations, hung around the royals), nor was it the QM (wealthy and aristocratic,but hardly royal).The only one who had a royal title but a broken home and a peripatetic existence was Philip. What experience did 20 year old Diana have? None, other than what she learnt after she married Charles!

I'm sorry - I cannot see Kate being Princess of Wales let alone Queen. Queen? Are you kidding me? .
Welcome to the forums. :flowers: No I don't believe anyone is 'kidding' you. I think she will make a wonderful wife for William, (who is not the Prince of Wales and may never be), but it will be many, many years before she has to take on the onerous duties of being wife to the King.:flowers:

Welcome to the forums. :flowers: No I don't believe anyone is 'kidding' you. I think she will make a wonderful wife for William, (who is not the Prince of Wales and may never be), but it will be many, many years before she has to take on the onerous duties of being wife to the King.:flowers:

We hope that it will be many many years (although there are many who hope that he will succeed his grandmother of course).

Personally I hope that it is a good 30 to 40 years before he becomes King (and I won't be here to see it).

I'm sorry - I cannot see Kate being Princess of Wales let alone Queen. Queen? Are you kidding me? She was not raised by a royal household. She has NO experience dealing with British politics/media. She has NO noble blood or connection to royalty. Yes, I am old fashion, but I would rather see William with someone who has SOME amount of status.

I'm sorry but only one Crown Princess atm has any noble blood and all the others are wonderful at what they do. :flowers:
If William choose Kate, he chooses Kate. If he's happy he's happy. :)

I agree that Wallis was good in the sense of getting Edward to abdicate.

Being middle class myself I have to say that sounded rather snobbish. If he ends up with someone like that fine, but in this day and age it's not a requirement.

I think Diana would love the idea of both her sons marrying the women they love with or without status. The Crown Princesses Mary, Maxima, Mette-Marit, Letizia, Masako; Queens Rania, Silvia, Sonja, Noor and Grand Duchess Maria-Theresa were not raised in a royal household and they are doing just fine with their role. If these women can do it then so can Kate. The last thing the BRF wants is another marriage disaster especially William's. It isn't hard for Kate to educate herself in politics, I'm confident that she's smart and understands the political matters of the commonwealth that she could possibly be the queen of.

:previous: I think BRAINS is high on the list of a consort's qualities. Seems Kate has those. . .

Wow, didn't mean to cause such a stir. People obviously have their opinions. I suppose I am just jealous because here I am at 26 JUST finding out my royal heritage and I feel cheated. So there you have it.. the truth comes out. :bang:
I am just fascinated with Bessie. She was very glamorous and beautiful. And for being snobbish, I think I've earned the right to sound somewhat.. after all the genealogy work and connections to the REAL royal family. This current royal family married into German/Greek royalty - they even changed their name in the early 1900s..I mean really... Don't get me wrong I love the Royal Family of Britain, but there are certain things that just don't make sense to me. That is why I am studying British History. And as for her being Princess.. I was just saying.. if Charles becomes King, which I thought he didn't want to be.. William will be Prince of Wales, then if Charles abdicates you have the possibility of William becoming King. You never know what's going to happen.

Charles will never abdicate: the job is for life.
He's already spent a lifetime as a Prince of Wales, he is as ready to be a King as anyone ever could be - why should he even think of abdicating?
William is Heir Apparent to his father, he will become King in due course.

I am not sure what you mean by ‘real Royal Family’: I doubt they could be any more real.
There are quite a lot of people who are connected to Royalty / Nobility. I honestly doubt that of all things in the world, many will question Kate’s (or anyone’s) suitability merely because of her Royal and noble connections, or lack of them. Personal achievements, character, nature are rather more important than accidents of birth or drops of ‘blue’ blood, at least for a Consort.

Last edited:
Lets get back on topic.

This thread isn't about the Duke and Duchess of Windsor. Its William and Kate.

Thank you.

Zonk
British Forums Moderator

Last edited:
I think I've earned the right to sound somewhat.. after all the genealogy work and connections to the REAL royal family.

The Real Royal Family? How more real can you get? :)

This current royal family married into German/Greek royalty - they even changed their name in the early 1900s...

They changed their name for clear reasons to be quite honest. ;)

if Charles becomes King, which I thought he didn't want to be.. William will be Prince of Wales, then if Charles abdicates you have the possibility of William becoming King. You never know what's going to happen.

William may not become Prince of Wales, I doubt very much that Charles will abdicate unless something massive happens. :flowers:

That is why I am studying British History. And as for her being Princess.. I was just saying.. if Charles becomes King, which I thought he didn't want to be.. William will be Prince of Wales, then if Charles abdicates you have the possibility of William becoming King. You never know what's going to happen.
William can only be the Prince of Wales if his father becomes King AND if Charles appoints him as such. What would make you think Charles does not wish to be King, something he has trained for his entire life?

If you are related to Wallis, you have no royal heritage.:flowers:

If William and Kate love one another, that is THE most important factor!

How royal do you think they should be?

The Queen is a descendent of the following Kings of England/Britain (and many more Scottish kings/queens as well).

George VI, George V, Edward VII, Victoria, George III, George II, George I, James I and VI, Henry VII, Edward III, Edward II, Edward I, Henry III, John, Henry II, Henry I, William I and some even before that. (I am sure that if I have one or two wrong there in the middle with the Edward's and Henry's someone will tell me - that period of English history bores the pants off me)

William through his mother will add Charles I and Charles II as Diana was descended from a couple of Charles' II illegitimate children.

Philip is descended from all of the above, except Edward VII, George V and George VI but can add descent from George I of the Hellenes, Christian IX of Denmark (as can Elizabeth) making them both descendents from the Danish king who established the Danish throne in the 800s along with the Romanovs through his grandmother. Philip has more 'royal' blood in him than Elizabeth but they are certainly both extremely royal. I don't think you can get much more royal than these two (others are equally royal but there are no doubts that Elizabeth and Philip are thoroughly royal through and through.

Every British royal house since the conquest is in the family tree of both Elizabeth and Philip - Norman, Plantagenet, Tudor, Stuart, Hanover (Saxe-Coburg-Gotha - Windsor) along with Romanov, Glucksburg (the same family as Marguerite of Denmark).

Continuation..

Yes I am aware of this. I forgot about that little detail after I wrote my last post. Elizabeth is a direct descendant of Alfred the Great and so on. The Tudor legacy carried on through the maternal line of Mary and Margaret giving her a direct relation to Henry VIII/Henry VII and so on. I love Elizabeth, Charles as well. I would gladly see Charles as King. He has spent his whole life preparing for his role. As for William, he's still young, I just worry. Diana had royal blood. She was related to the Seymour family as well as illegitimate children of Charles II. As for 'drops' of 'blue blood' and accidents.. I am no accident, Thank you - I am a direct descendant of the first Kings and Queens of England, Scotland, Aragon, Castile and Leon, Hungary, France and more. So far I have found my connections to the Norman, Plantagenet, Tudor, and Stuart houses - and two to the current Windsor family. I am still working on my tree. There are just so many break offs.. the children marry into other countries.. I could spend a whole lifetime figuring out the rest. :lol:

Royal Heritage...

William can only be the Prince of Wales if his father becomes King AND if Charles appoints him as such. What would make you think Charles does not wish to be King, something he has trained for his entire life?

If you are related to Wallis, you have no royal heritage.:flowers:

If William and Kate love one another, that is THE most important factor!

We over here in America for some reason got the impression that he didn't want to be King for some reason. It must have been the hooplah after Diana's death.

I am related to her Bessie --- I am also related to Diana..but also see above.. my last post..
I have plenty of royal blood and have plenty of people who can adhere to that claim, thank you.

As for William, he's still young, I just worry. Diana had royal blood. She was related to the Seymour family as well as illegitimate children of Charles II. As for 'drops' of 'blue blood' and accidents.. I am no accident, Thank you - I am a direct descendant of the first Kings and Queens of England, Scotland, Aragon, Castile and Leon, Hungary, France and more. So far I have found my connections to the Norman, Plantagenet, Tudor, and Stuart houses - and two to the current Windsor family. I am still working on my tree. There are just so many break offs.. the children marry into other countries.. I could spend a whole lifetime figuring out the rest. :lol:

I found this part of your post strange.

You were replying to my post - based on the quote and yet in the same paragraph seem suggest that I am making claims about your ancestry.

I never made such a claim and wouldn't waste my time as I ignore most such claims on these boards due to the fact that anyone could post on here, or elsewhere, making a range of claims which can't be proven on an anonymous board. I am not suggesting that you aren't telling the truth just that you can't prove it here.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom