The Royal Forums Coat of Arms

Go Back   The Royal Forums > Reigning Houses > British Royals > Prince Harry and Prince William

Join The Royal Forums Today
Closed Thread
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
 
  #1121  
Old 06-08-2009, 06:48 PM
zembla's Avatar
Courtier
 
Join Date: Aug 2007
Location: Camden, United States
Posts: 875
When I say low-key I mean along the lines of not inviting the whole public to line the streets while they roll down the center in a car or carriage waving. I think that might be way over-the-top for today. I can see doing some kind of exclusive with HELLO! or with the BBC to view pictures and video, but don't you think a full-on public wedding seems a bit tacky for this era?

Maybe if the economy recovers enough by the time they get married people will feel differently. Then again I don't live in The UK so I don't know how people feel about it overall. Maybe the public would like a big public wedding.
__________________

  #1122  
Old 06-08-2009, 07:16 PM
Ella Kay's Avatar
Courtier
Royal Blogger
 
Join Date: Aug 2005
Location: Anywhere, United States
Posts: 953
When I lived in England (only a few years ago), people still lined the streets, albeit on a much much smaller scale than Charles 'n Di's wedding, to see The Queen ride by on the way to the State Opening of Parliament.

If there's a royal wedding, there will be people who want to see the couple, and they'll line the streets. They're not invited to do so, exactly, I don't believe -- it's just expected that they will, and so security measures are taken.
__________________

__________________

"I have to be seen to be believed."
HM The Queen
  #1123  
Old 06-08-2009, 08:26 PM
wbenson's Avatar
Moderator Emeritus
 
Join Date: Aug 2006
Location: -, United States
Posts: 2,304
They even lined the streets for Charles' "low-key" wedding to Camilla, so I don't think hiding it will be successful.
  #1124  
Old 06-08-2009, 09:37 PM
susan alicia's Avatar
Heir Presumptive
 
Join Date: Nov 2003
Location: , Netherlands
Posts: 2,529
and they have no reason to have a low key wedding, it is a big event and I will be glued with some friends to the tv, as we did at the wedding of Charles & Diana

Quote:
Originally Posted by wbenson View Post
They even lined the streets for Charles' "low-key" wedding to Camilla, so I don't think hiding it will be successful.
  #1125  
Old 06-08-2009, 10:14 PM
zembla's Avatar
Courtier
 
Join Date: Aug 2007
Location: Camden, United States
Posts: 875
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ella Kay View Post
When I lived in England (only a few years ago), people still lined the streets, albeit on a much much smaller scale than Charles 'n Di's wedding, to see The Queen ride by on the way to the State Opening of Parliament.

If there's a royal wedding, there will be people who want to see the couple, and they'll line the streets. They're not invited to do so, exactly, I don't believe -- it's just expected that they will, and so security measures are taken.
I like your Kate blog, btw, the formatting is very clean and chic.


Well I guess most people would enjoy a big party then, I agree it would be a cool event to see. But it is a shame they probably can't pull a JFK Jr. and Carolyn Bessette and just slip away to some random secluded area.
  #1126  
Old 06-08-2009, 10:45 PM
Ella Kay's Avatar
Courtier
Royal Blogger
 
Join Date: Aug 2005
Location: Anywhere, United States
Posts: 953
Quote:
Originally Posted by zembla View Post
I like your Kate blog, btw, the formatting is very clean and chic.
Thanks, zembla!


Quote:
Well I guess most people would enjoy a big party then, I agree it would be a cool event to see. But it is a shame they probably can't pull a JFK Jr. and Carolyn Bessette and just slip away to some random secluded area.
Honestly, if I were them, I'd run away to the part of the Balmoral estate that they love so much and have a private, romantic wedding and then come back and do the big public thing. Being a royal means you're constantly divided between your public self and your private self -- why not have a wedding for each one?
__________________

"I have to be seen to be believed."
HM The Queen
  #1127  
Old 06-09-2009, 02:55 AM
Iluvbertie's Avatar
Imperial Majesty
 
Join Date: Jun 2004
Location: Bathurst, Australia
Posts: 10,194
William's wedding will have the carriages etc and the people lining the streets.

It is more just a matter of how long the procession will be and that will be determined by the venue.

How many pre-wedding activities will also have to be considered e.g. will there be a full State dinner on the evening before and what about a wedding ball etc.

The people will insist on lining the streets and want to see the carriages with the RF on display, along with the gold carriage taking the bride to the venue.
  #1128  
Old 06-09-2009, 03:32 AM
susan alicia's Avatar
Heir Presumptive
 
Join Date: Nov 2003
Location: , Netherlands
Posts: 2,529
because that would be selfish

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ella Kay View Post
Thanks, zembla!




Honestly, if I were them, I'd run away to the part of the Balmoral estate that they love so much and have a private, romantic wedding and then come back and do the big public thing. Being a royal means you're constantly divided between your public self and your private self -- why not have a wedding for each one?
  #1129  
Old 06-09-2009, 07:56 AM
Lumutqueen's Avatar
Imperial Majesty
Royal Blogger
 
Join Date: Aug 2007
Location: Carlton, York, United Kingdom
Posts: 18,121
Quote:
Originally Posted by zembla View Post
When I say low-key I mean along the lines of not inviting the whole public to line the streets while they roll down the center in a car or carriage waving. I think that might be way over-the-top for today. I can see doing some kind of exclusive with HELLO! or with the BBC to view pictures and video, but don't you think a full-on public wedding seems a bit tacky for this era?

Maybe if the economy recovers enough by the time they get married people will feel differently. Then again I don't live in The UK so I don't know how people feel about it overall. Maybe the public would like a big public wedding.
The people will line the streets for Williams wedding. I doubt they will do some Hello! or BBC exclusive they wouldn't need to. I think a full on public wedding wouldn't be tacky, it's probably what the public needs a Moral boost. And this is the BRF we are talking about, nothing they do is tacky.


Quote:
Originally Posted by Iluvbertie View Post
How many pre-wedding activities will also have to be considered e.g. will there be a full State dinner on the evening before and what about a wedding ball etc.

The people will insist on lining the streets and want to see the carriages with the RF on display, along with the gold carriage taking the bride to the venue.
There will probably be a concert of some sort and a dinner before the wedding day. Possible a salute from the forces, or a public concert maybe.
Anybody know what was done before Charles and Diana's wedding or Edward and Sophies?
__________________
We Will Remember Them.
  #1130  
Old 06-09-2009, 08:23 AM
muriel's Avatar
Majesty
 
Join Date: Jun 2007
Location: London / Guildford, United Kingdom
Posts: 6,363
Quote:
Originally Posted by lumutqueen View Post
The people will line the streets for Williams wedding. I doubt they will do some Hello! or BBC exclusive they wouldn't need to. I think a full on public wedding wouldn't be tacky, it's probably what the public needs a Moral boost. And this is the BRF we are talking about, nothing they do is tacky.




There will probably be a concert of some sort and a dinner before the wedding day. Possible a salute from the forces, or a public concert maybe.
Anybody know what was done before Charles and Diana's wedding or Edward and Sophies?
I agree that it is unlikley that William will have a small wedding. My guess is that the wedding will probably be at Westminister Abbey, and the route from the palace to the Abbey and back will be kept limited to reduce the costs of the security apparatus. In keeping with the current economic climate, (and depending on the timing of the wedding) I suspect the wedding celebrations themselves will be limited to a wedding reception after the wedding, and possibly something the previous evening for the gathered royalty. It would be nice though if they had a proper royal wedding ball that was a tiara event - but I am not sure the BRF have had one of those for a long time.
  #1131  
Old 06-09-2009, 10:33 AM
Stefan's Avatar
Super Moderator
 
Join Date: Dec 2003
Location: Esslingen, Germany
Posts: 3,427
I believe there was a white tie ball for Charles and Diana's Wedding at Buckingham Palace the evening before the Wedding Day but it was private and there have been never hotos appeared from it.
  #1132  
Old 06-09-2009, 10:38 AM
Ella Kay's Avatar
Courtier
Royal Blogger
 
Join Date: Aug 2005
Location: Anywhere, United States
Posts: 953
I know there was a fireworks display, because I remember Diana saying she was disappointed she couldn't go see it, as she had to be in bed early that night.

Quote:
There will probably be a concert of some sort and a dinner before the wedding day. Possible a salute from the forces, or a public concert maybe.
I'd love to see them do another event like the Concert for Diana as a part of the wedding week to raise money for charity. It would be a fun way to get the public involved in the celebrations and to benefit some of the causes they champion.
__________________

"I have to be seen to be believed."
HM The Queen
  #1133  
Old 06-09-2009, 11:53 AM
Lady Ann's Avatar
Courtier
 
Join Date: May 2008
Location: IN THE CITY, United States
Posts: 857
I hope they have a big outragous wedding one to be compared to his parents. I know things are bad right now with money but the royal's have money and we all know it. So for something like this(if/or when) it happens let them spend it!!! They will still have the money even if they don't so why not?
__________________
Lady Ann
Life began with waking up and loving my mother's face…~ George Eliot ~
  #1134  
Old 06-09-2009, 01:20 PM
Wisteria's Avatar
Courtier
 
Join Date: May 2009
Location: Maidenhead, United Kingdom
Posts: 632
Well now that we seem to have made all the wedding arrangements, now it is up to William to name the bride and up until now - nothing. It might be Kate, and then again it might not be
We have verything in place, the church, the wedding ball, the route, the bridgroom but there is an important piece missing......the bride. The questions are not only "where" "when" but the very essential "who"?
  #1135  
Old 06-09-2009, 01:59 PM
Sonjapearl's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2008
Location: In front of my Mac, United States
Posts: 609
I think its very likely Kate is going to be William's princess. Those two have been together for so long, they seem very happy together. If they do spilt, it would take something massive to break them up.
__________________

  #1136  
Old 06-09-2009, 02:28 PM
Ella Kay's Avatar
Courtier
Royal Blogger
 
Join Date: Aug 2005
Location: Anywhere, United States
Posts: 953
It does seem like it would take something earth-shattering, Sonjapearl. They had that brief public break-up back in summer '07, and they weathered that. I'd agree that Kate's here to stay. They seem devoted to each other.
__________________

"I have to be seen to be believed."
HM The Queen
  #1137  
Old 06-09-2009, 02:38 PM
Heir Apparent
 
Join Date: Aug 2006
Location: Troy, United States
Posts: 3,948
I, for one, am hoping that the "who" will be Kate! They have been together for so long now and I see no end for them.
  #1138  
Old 06-09-2009, 02:42 PM
Lumutqueen's Avatar
Imperial Majesty
Royal Blogger
 
Join Date: Aug 2007
Location: Carlton, York, United Kingdom
Posts: 18,121
Quote:
Originally Posted by udyusa View Post
I, for one, am hoping that the "who" will be Kate! They have been together for so long now and I see no end for them.
Well there is two ways for deare Catherine. One is a wedding, and we all know the other.

I've never had a good feeling about Kate to be honest, there is something about her that I can't just seem to put my finger on. But if she makes William happy then.
__________________
We Will Remember Them.
  #1139  
Old 06-09-2009, 02:58 PM
Little_star's Avatar
Heir Apparent
 
Join Date: Jun 2005
Location: Manchester, United Kingdom
Posts: 5,605
Quote:
Originally Posted by Zonk View Post
As the grandson of the Monarch, and with the current economic situation. I think if and when William marries, it will be more on the scale of Andrew and Sarah. Which I think was a happy medium between the Charles/Diana and Edward/Sophie weddings.

You don't want to do something too outlandish but he will be King one day. And let's face it.....while a wedding will cost a lot of money...it will also generate a lot of revenue. I am talking the souvenirs, people coming to town for the wedding..this increases money spent in tourism, etc. So it won't be small. It might also generate some monarchist and national feelings. People love weddings!
With all due respect I highly doubt there will be thousands of people lining the streets of London if they were to marry tomorrow.

A very large proportion of people have very little time for William or Harry and view them as over-privileged spoilt brats. Harry seems to fare slightly better as a result of his stint in Afghanistan. Add to that the fact a lot of people aren't overly fond of Kate Middleton and you have a recipe for apathy.
  #1140  
Old 06-09-2009, 03:00 PM
Mermaid1962's Avatar
Majesty
 
Join Date: Sep 2007
Location: NearTheCoast, Canada
Posts: 6,004
I think that, once the press machine gets going, a lot of people would show up for a Royal wedding.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Little_star View Post
With all due respect I highly doubt there will be thousands of people lining the streets of London if they were to marry tomorrow.

A very large proportion of people have very little time for William or Harry and view them as over-privileged spoilt brats. Harry seems to fare slightly better as a result of his stint in Afghanistan. Add to that the fact a lot of people aren't overly fond of Kate Middleton and you have a recipe for apathy.
__________________

Closed Thread


Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off


Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Harry and Chelsy: Relationship Musings MichelleVA Prince Harry and Prince William 1042 01-06-2011 12:14 AM
William and Kate: engagement and relationship rumours and musings 2005 - 2008 Duchess Prince Harry and Prince William 2208 05-11-2009 06:22 PM




Popular Tags
ascot 2016 best gown best gown september 2016 best hat best outfit best outfit 2016 catherine middleton style countess of wessex coup d'etat crown prince haakon crown princess mary crown princess mary fashion crown princess mette-marit current events dom duarte duchess of cambridge e-mail fashion poll felipe vi grand duchess josephine-charlotte grand duke jean greece kate middleton king abdullah ii king carl gustaf's birthday king felipe king felipe vi king willem-alexander member introduction monarchy new zealand nobel gala norway november 2016 october 2016 opening of parliament picture of the week prince bernhard prince charles princess madeleine princess marie princess mary princess mary daytime fashion princess mary fashion princess mary hats queen letizia queen letizia casual outfits queen letizia daytime fashion queen letizia fashion queen letizia style queen mathilde queen mathildes outfits queen maxima queen maxima casual wear queen maxima daytime fashion queen maxima fashion queen maxima hats queen maxima style queen rania royal fashion september 2016 state visit state visit to denmark succession sweden the duchess of cambridge the duchess of cambridge casual wear the duchess of cambridge daytime fashion the duchess of cambridge fashion the duchess of cambridge hats


Our Communities

Our communities encompass many different hobbies and interests, but each one is built on friendly, intelligent membership.

» More about our Communities

Automotive Communities

Our Automotive communities encompass many different makes and models. From U.S. domestics to European Saloons.

» More about our Automotive Communities

Marine Communities

Our Marine websites focus on Cruising and Sailing Vessels, including forums and the largest cruising Wiki project on the web today.

» More about our Marine Communities


Copyright 2002- Social Knowledge, LLC All Rights Reserved.

All times are GMT -4. The time now is 03:17 AM.

Social Knowledge Networks

eXTReMe Tracker
Powered by vBulletin
Copyright ©2000 - 2016
Jelsoft Enterprises