The Royal Forums Coat of Arms

Go Back   The Royal Forums > Reigning Houses > British Royals > Prince Harry and Prince William

Join The Royal Forums Today
Closed Thread

Old 05-19-2009, 03:43 PM
Royal Highness

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lady Ann View Post
Ella Kay have you seen this maybe your dates will be right after all lol ....I hope so ..
Prince William Wants To Marry Girlfriend Kate Middleton Next Year | AHN | May 19, 2009

and let me guess...they'll make the announcement in february....wait a minute...sounds vaguely familiar???

Old 05-19-2009, 03:50 PM
Courtier

Hello! magazine

Hello Magazine Article ... goes behind the story to suggest this time it's for real. They look very good on this week's front cover!

Old 05-19-2009, 05:18 PM
Nobility

Quote:
Originally Posted by grace marie View Post
I don't like false alarms. Will isn't my favourite prince so I don't mind his wedding but this never ending ,,Kate and Will marry soon" is ridiculous. What do you mean ,,we were mostly unhappy with Edwards wedding"? Something wrong with Sophie? I've never heard nothing bad about her.
There was beforehand the whole she is not good enough bull**** and then the wedding day was not grand/public enough for most people. And more were upset that she only got the title of Countess.... You can never please everybody... I hope William and Harry Please themselves in marriage then at least someone will be happy
Old 05-19-2009, 05:37 PM

While I certainly hope that the wedding buzz is for real this time, I am not going to keep my hopes up until there's an official announcement. There's been too many false alarms.

Old 05-19-2009, 05:44 PM
Heir Presumptive

Id like it to be true
Old 05-19-2009, 05:55 PM
Heir Apparent

I'd die if it were finally true but I won't keep my hopes up.
Old 05-19-2009, 06:41 PM
Courtier
Royal Blogger

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sonjapearl View Post
While I certainly hope that the wedding buzz is for real this time, I am not going to keep my hopes up until there's an official announcement. There's been too many false alarms.
So true. I can't imagine how nuts the press all over the world are going to go when they finally really do have something to announce!

(I still think I'm right about summer 2010, though.)

"I have to be seen to be believed."
HM The Queen
Old 05-19-2009, 09:31 PM
Majesty

Just a side thought - this week's 'No Idea' or 'Women's Drivel' has a story that William has told Kate to wait about 7 or 8 more years with the headline along the lines that Kate is upset as she sees her childbearing years in limbo waiting for William.

Meanwhile the other one says that he will propose on Diana's birthday.

The reasons for this is - they appeared together last week!!!
Old 05-19-2009, 09:39 PM
Imperial Majesty

A close friend of the prince told them, no doubt?
Old 05-20-2009, 03:37 AM
Heir Apparent

Whilst I too,inthepast, have suggested that summer 2010 is the ideal time for W&K to marry from the perspective of his SAR career, it does clash with the general elections which have to be held no later than May. Given the royal family's preference to stay out of the headlines around elections, I wondered whether most people thought that impactthe electins might have on the timing of any potential wedding of W&K.
Old 05-20-2009, 11:41 AM
Nobility

He finishes his SAR June or July of next year so the wedding if they got married next summer would probably in August or Septenber. Could they married in fall instead in November.
Old 05-20-2009, 12:26 PM
Courtier
Royal Blogger

Possibly. The Queen and Prince Philip married in November. I think Princess Anne and Mark Phillips did, too.

HM The Queen
Old 05-20-2009, 01:56 PM
Heir Presumptive

How Long do Royal Engagements Last usually
Old 05-20-2009, 01:59 PM
Heir Apparent

The recent ones in the UK have been five or six months--for those in the Queen's immediate family.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Royal Fan View Post
How Long do Royal Engagements Last usually
Old 05-20-2009, 05:15 PM
Majesty

Quote:
Originally Posted by kpusa1981 View Post
He finishes his SAR June or July of next year so the wedding if they got married next summer would probably in August or Septenber. Could they married in fall instead in November.
He finishes SAR training next year but then has 3 or so years of actual service.

As there is to be a General Election next year it is highly unlikely that there would be an engagement before that as the press would be covering the wedding rather than the political situation so an engagement after the election would lead to a winter wedding, while William is actually serving.

Of course this is speculation on my part and there is nothing that says that can't have a major royal wedding in an election year just that traditionally they don't as it could become an election issue.

Just imagine the issue of the cost of the wedding etc being fought over in the election. This is an area the royals and the government agree on, I think - to keep the royals out of election issues.
Old 05-20-2009, 09:59 PM

I was just thinking over the report that the wedding will be at St. Paul's Cathedral. And something just didn't seem right with me.

Do you really think the royal family - especially William - would want to hold the service at a place associated with the Charles and Diana disaster?

Because I would think when William marries Kate it would be at Westminster Abbey. JMO.

Old 05-20-2009, 10:26 PM
Courtier
Royal Blogger

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sonjapearl View Post
Because I would think when William marries Kate it would be at Westminster Abbey. JMO.
I agree, Sonjapearl, especially if they really are planning to have a slightly scaled-down wedding. Nothing says extravagance like St. Paul's -- it's so huge and grand!

I'm betting on Westminster Abbey, even if that is where Diana's funeral was held. His grandparents (on both sides of the family) and great-grandparents were married there, along with two aunts and an uncle. It seems like the logical choice.

HM The Queen
Old 05-22-2009, 01:44 PM
Heir Presumptive

Id Pefer Westminster to St Pauls, Especially since its also the Coronation Church
Old 05-22-2009, 01:53 PM
Nobility

One public outing and we are off again and running hardnow we have decided on the venue lets go for sex and names of the you guessed it BABY
Old 05-22-2009, 03:06 PM

I predict William and Kate will have a lot of kids, a la Philippe and Mathilde. Wasn't reported Kate wants a big family?

Closed Thread