The Royal Forums Coat of Arms

Go Back   The Royal Forums > Reigning Houses > British Royals > Prince Harry and Prince William

Join The Royal Forums Today
Closed Thread

Old 01-11-2009, 09:01 PM
Aristocracy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Menarue
No, I will spell it out. Usually a young man is more careful about showing he is spending a night with a young lady, but then modern times. Her parents were present I think/know but even then he could be more careful of her reputation - unless of course he is popping the question right now.....
I don't know, it's quite common for even religious people to bring their significant other home to meet their parents, and for the significant other to spend the night at the parent's house. When I was away at school, I brought a couple of boyfriends home to meet my parents, and they stayed at my parent's house...... Heck, I even brought a guy home who I was just friends with once (with another pal)

And since well I'm conservative about these things, it was seperate rooms and beds.

People shouldn't be making assumptions when it comes to things like that.

Old 01-11-2009, 10:20 PM
Heir Apparent

I agree, bekalc. I'm conservative about these things as well. But I think that the assumption is made in this case because William and Kate have gone on vacation together and are rumoured to have shared a room. Sexual behaviour is practically assumed to have been happening between people who are dating, particularly people who have been dating for a long time.

Quote:
Originally Posted by bekalc View Post
And since well I'm conservative about these things, it was seperate rooms and beds.

People shouldn't be making assumptions when it comes to things like that.

Old 01-11-2009, 10:24 PM
Aristocracy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mermaid1962 View Post
I agree, bekalc. I'm conservative about these things as well. But I think that the assumption is made in this case because William and Kate have gone on vacation together and are rumoured to have shared a room. Sexual behaviour is practically assumed to have been happening between people who are dating, particularly people who have been dating for a long time.
Well yes, I agree I assume that William and Kate are likely sleeping together too because of the whole vacation thing etc... But I was just commenting on the poster's comment about the car being at the parent's house. Him staying at her parents house doesn't mean anything. That's all I was saying.
Old 01-12-2009, 12:08 AM
Heir Apparent

I see.
Quote:
Originally Posted by bekalc View Post
Well yes, I agree I assume that William and Kate are likely sleeping together too because of the whole vacation thing etc... But I was just commenting on the poster's comment about the car being at the parent's house. Him staying at her parents house doesn't mean anything. That's all I was saying.
Old 01-12-2009, 05:26 AM
Heir Apparent

There has been a lot of comment about the potential significance of Will staying over at Kate's, and his car being visible. My own sense is that this is unlikely to have been the first time he has stayed there, merely the first time his car has been photographed there.

Do I think it was delibrate to leave the car there to be photographed: No. I do not think William particularly cares. As it was an Audi A6 estate (and not the S4 that Will drives himself) that was photographed, my guess is that the car belonged to the PoW's household, and it may well be that a security guard stayed over as well at the house, whilst the rest of the security team stayed elsewhere.
Old 01-12-2009, 06:29 AM
Royal Highness

I wouldn't even comment on Kate's "reputation",that's out of the question,let's move on:I believe it's getting more serious,because of the fact that William is entering a new "difficult" phase (because of his military duties and responsibilities).He propably needs Kate more than ever.Plus,we can't be sure that he "dumbed" her 2 months ago.
Old 01-12-2009, 09:15 AM
Commoner

Quote:
Originally Posted by iakynthi View Post
I wouldn't even comment on Kate's "reputation",that's out of the question,let's move on:I believe it's getting more serious,because of the fact that William is entering a new "difficult" phase (because of his military duties and responsibilities).He propably needs Kate more than ever.Plus,we can't be sure that he "dumbed" her 2 months ago.
True. Who are we to say that this relationship will last. It might, it might not.
Old 01-12-2009, 02:44 PM
Heir Presumptive

Well the Birthday is over, the present has been given, so far no announcement.
Old 01-12-2009, 03:11 PM
Courtier
Royal Blogger

I have a feeling we won't be hearing an announcement for some time. My best guess is that they'll marry after William finishes his training (eighteen months from now, around summer 2010) and begin their married life on a military base as he begins his three-year tour as a pilot. I would imagine an announcement of an official engagement wouldn't come, then, until late this year or early next.

"I have to be seen to be believed."
HM The Queen
Old 01-12-2009, 04:17 PM
Heir Presumptive

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ella Kay View Post
I have a feeling we won't be hearing an announcement for some time. My best guess is that they'll marry after William finishes his training (eighteen months from now, around summer 2010) and begin their married life on a military base as he begins his three-year tour as a pilot. I would imagine an announcement of an official engagement wouldn't come, then, until late this year or early next.
Or perhaps never.
Old 01-12-2009, 05:21 PM
Courtier

I am sorry to say that I will have to agree with Ella Kay and hope for early next year..sorry Menare I doubt it will be never but, you know us Kate lovers always waiting for the second coming of the fairy tale lol ....happy posting
Old 01-12-2009, 05:29 PM
Royal Highness

Lady Ann,perhaps we don't even need to think about fairy-tales anymore:the reality of this relationship could be "stronger" than a fairy-tale.I believe William is going to need-and maybe love her-more as time passes by...
Old 01-12-2009, 05:29 PM
Heir Presumptive
Royal Blogger

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ella Kay View Post
Quite possibly - or they might even wait until his 3 years service is over thus making a wedding date possible in 2013. It depends whether they would want to start their married life on a military base, will the Royal Family want Kate to start official duties without William. I couldnt imagne that the public would be content with them marrying and then not carrying out duties who knows? the guess game will continue until (if) they annouce an engagement/wedding date - goodness then we will all be on baby-watch!!!

Old 01-12-2009, 05:35 PM
Courtier

Quote:
Originally Posted by iakynthi View Post
Lady Ann,perhaps we don't even need to think about fairy-tales anymore:the reality of this relationship could be "stronger" than a fairy-tale.I believe William is going to need-and maybe love her-more as time passes by...
So sorry iakynthi, it was a inside joke. I believe( Imo) or should I say hope that reality is stronger ...I believe he already loves her very much and it is always great when love grows... I should keep my inside puns inside..no offense ...
Old 01-12-2009, 05:39 PM
Royal Highness

No,it's ok.Whether we believe in fairy-tales or not,I'm just saying that I "see" a strong bond between these two
Old 01-12-2009, 05:43 PM
Courtier

Oh yes and I was one of the Kate lovers I was speaking of ...Love them together wish they would marry already....We all know fairy tales are few and far between. so I don't hold my breath for them any more! l was just making a joke with another poster...happy posting..
Old 01-12-2009, 05:54 PM
Courtier
Royal Blogger

Quote:
Originally Posted by PrincessofEurope View Post
the guess game will continue until (if) they annouce an engagement/wedding datw - goodness then we will all be on baby-watch!!!
It never ends, does it?

"I have to be seen to be believed."
HM The Queen
Old 01-12-2009, 05:56 PM
Royal Highness

Sorry,the truth is I don't come here often,at least not often enough to know when you're joking By the way,I want to make clear that what I said about the strong bond between them is not a fact or something I read confirmed as a fact,it's just a feeling I have these last days and of course,I might be wrong
Old 01-12-2009, 06:01 PM
Courtier

Well I for one enjoy are little posts and hope that part will never end...even after an announcement ...(If / when) the opinions of the forum always come in handy to me even if I don't always agree. It is sometimes fun to just agree to disgree..after a nice go at it ...
Old 01-12-2009, 06:08 PM
Royal Highness

Thumbs up

This is what true democracy is all about