The Royal Forums Coat of Arms

Go Back   The Royal Forums > Reigning Houses > British Royals > Prince William and Prince Harry

Join The Royal Forums Today
Closed Thread

Old 12-23-2009, 10:58 AM
Courtier

Yes, good points Iluvbertie .... I wonder if that was the case? Anyway, don't looked like it worked lol.... I think William will marry on his own time when every one least thinks it is coming .... until then we will keep hearing all this rubbish about it is about to happen and no xmas for Kate with the Queen bluh bluh..... like I have said for years I will believe it when they are standing in front of the castle making the announcment and there is a ring on her finger ...lol Happy holidays to all and happy posting...

Old 12-23-2009, 01:52 PM
Imperial Majesty
Royal Blogger

Quote:
Originally Posted by Iluvbertie View Post
And even then it wasn't announced until July - after the return from South Africa.

Some accounts even suggest that the hope was that being away from him for so long might make Elizabeth change her mind and call it off before being forever commited to a man they didn't think was right for her.
Yes I've watched a lot of programs that have also said this. I suppose it's only fair to put Kate "through her paces".

Old 12-27-2009, 02:09 AM
Heir Apparent
Royal Blogger

KATE MIDDLETON TURNS DOWN LUNCH WITH THE QUEEN AT PALACE

Quote:
PRINCESS-in-waiting Kate Middleton turned down a cracker of an opportunity – to attend a pre-Christmas lunch with the Royals at Buckingham Palace.

It was the first formal festive invitation to the girl many believe will become Prince William’s fiancée in 2010.
Daily Star: Simply The Best 7 Days A Week :: News :: Kate Middleton turns down lunch with the Queen at Palace
Old 12-27-2009, 03:08 AM
Majesty

The reason I don't believe this is the same as Christmas at Sandringham - until it is official they aren't invited.

Had she been there then it would be official and everyone would know.

These are just hot air in my opinion but the gullible public who can't be bothered understanding that the Queen sticks to certain rules will lap it up and will continue to spend their pounds on these tacky tabloids.
Old 12-27-2009, 03:25 AM
Courtier

These newspaper stories are becoming quite a bore. I think by now the public knows that girlfriends and boyfriends only get invited when they have become engaged. Lets face it there is no way Kate will turn down an invitation as a matter of fact I think she will be commanded to attend. I just wish these two will get engage soon, followed by a wedding and then we can start speculation about babies!
Old 12-27-2009, 05:46 AM
Imperial Majesty
Royal Blogger

What a surprise, i would have put money on the fact that Kate Middleton wouldn't go to sandringham and that this story would surface afterwards. They should really stop this.
Old 12-27-2009, 06:51 AM
Majesty

Quote:
Originally Posted by lumutqueen View Post
What a surprise, i would have put money on the fact that Kate Middleton wouldn't go to sandringham and that this story would surface afterwards. They should really stop this.

Why stop it when it sells.
Old 12-27-2009, 06:53 AM
Imperial Majesty
Royal Blogger

Quote:
Why stop it when it sells.
Does it?
Does anyone know what page of the newspaper these stories have been on?
I've only read these articles over the internet.
Old 12-27-2009, 06:54 AM
Majesty

From reading a lot of the comments in papers like the Daily Mail and talking to many others I don't think that the average person really knows all that much at all - and I therefore think that the papers are able to sell this stuff because so many people don't know the family's traditions - only official fiancees are at Christmas events for instance.

Come on how many are buying the idea that the Queen has any say over her succeeds her following those stupid stories a couple of weeks ago about William becoming the 'shadow king'.
Old 12-27-2009, 04:16 PM
Gentry

I never thought I would say it, but I am actually starting to feel a bit sorry for the papers lol. They are desperately trying to promote the engagement story at this stage, and its getting pitiful. Its going to be "any day now" according to most of them, and you can almost smell the desperation.

I agree with most people..... I am absolutely fed up waiting for this big event to materialise, and in all honesty, I see no valid reason whatsoever why they cannot just get on with it, once and for all. If anything, her continued status as "girlfriend" is starting to look ridiculous at this stage. Why cant they get engaged in the New Year, and get married around July.......so what if there is a general election !! Its not going to interfere with it, that will be over and done with by about May. If anything, Gordon might welcome the distraction LOL. The press could stay relatively quiet about it until May (if ordered to) and then still have two months to go hyper with the stories !! Put us all out of our misery once and for all.
Old 12-27-2009, 04:31 PM
Majesty

OK - you are assuming that they are even talking about an engagement rather than it just being tabloid gossip.

A royal wedding can't overshadow an election and you actually gave the very reason why it can't - 'Gordon might welcome the distraction' but that would also mean that the opposition can't get their points across and thus interfere with the election process - something the royals can't be seen to do.

An engagement announcement before the election just isn't on in my opinion and after the election means a winter wedding - which might just suit William as there would be fewer people prepared to wait all night in the cold to get a glimpse of the bride on her way to church when they can stay at home and watch it on the TV in their warm homes, or go to the pub and watch it live (of course it wouldn't be allowed to clash with the football).

The other problem is William's military commitments - he has still to finish his training and isn't this upcoming part where he will be away for quite a bit of it in a harder to access part of the country and with fewer weekends free so less time for him to be involved with preparations and able to protect Kate and introduce her around so she would be left to fend for herself - like Sarah in many ways. I really don't see him marrying until after he has finished in the military and had a year or so doing royal duties on his own before introducing the distraction from the main person in the form of his wife.
Old 12-30-2009, 06:58 AM
Courtier

Ok no Christmas engagement and the stories about it being family only for the royal xmas and Kate being so sad and snubing the Queen have sufaruced, next is the January 9th engagement frenzi hold on to your hats...lol I fear we still have a long ride before an engagmengt is announced ...
Old 12-30-2009, 07:04 AM
Heir Apparent
Royal Blogger

Kate Middleton Snubs The Queen!

Quote:
The socialite — who’s currently dating Britain’s Prince William — reportedly snubbed an invitation to pre-Christmas lunch with the Royal Family at Buckingham Palace.
Kate Middleton Snubs The Queen! | Showbiz Spy - celebrity news, rumors & gossip
Old 12-30-2009, 07:55 AM
Majesty

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lady Ann View Post
Ok no Christmas engagement and the stories about it being family only for the royal xmas and Kate being so sad and snubing the Queen have sufaruced, next is the January 9th engagement frenzi hold on to your hats...lol I fear we still have a long ride before an engagmengt is announced ...

The longer this goes the more I am suspicious that William won't marry Kate.
Old 12-30-2009, 07:56 AM
Majesty

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dierna23 View Post

Why did you post a link to this story when you posted a link to a similar story 4 days ago?
Old 12-30-2009, 08:40 AM
Courtier

Quote:
The longer this goes the more I am suspicious that William won't marry Kate.

I would hope that after all this time that he would marry her, but stranger things have happened. I hate to supculate either way. At this point nothing would shock me but them standing on the lawn with a ring on her finger ...lol
Old 12-30-2009, 09:06 AM
Heir Apparent
Royal Blogger

Quote:
Why did you post a link to this story when you posted a link to a similar story 4 days ago?
I should be concerned about it if it was exactly the same. Well, all the articles are quite similar and we are still groping in the dark. That's nothing new.
Old 01-01-2010, 10:18 AM
Administrator

Its a New Year, and thus time for a new thread to discuss to the relationship of William and Kate.

The new thread can be found here William and Kate: engagement and relationship rumours and musings 2010 .

Thanks to all who posted! 101 pages!

Zonk
British Forums Moderator

Closed Thread